The Witches Glass

Wolf

Forum A.I
15. I was only fifteen in age when my mother had been dragged away, accused of being one of the witches. Father always said she was one, I didn't believe him.. He always had a buried hatred for her.
As I flipped through the pages of her writings with cold, nimble fingers, I felt as though we were somehow connected in some way. Though she wasn't here now, I always had her, maybe not in front of me. Perhaps not physically, but she was there in my hands. My mothers book. She was indeed, a witch.. All her spells as father and everyone accused her of were in her book. At first, when I stole it I was enraged.. I didn't understand. Why would she commit to such a deed as bowing down to the devil for her... her studies?!
Now as I write in my own journal, I see why.. she had never given herself to Satan.. no. no no.. She gave herself to nature... to god's gifts... as a means of helping our dying and sick.. but she was caught.... accused.. word spread among our village.. my father was determined to use it against her, and he won. Now she is gone, all because she was working to help our dying... I understand now the risks... I understand where she was, where she came from.. and what she was wanting.. so whip me.. so hang or burn me.... I am going to continue from where she left off.. and join the witches as Salem accuses us of being.. as a healer. Using everything god provides us with to end this hysteria, and prove to everyone that she was never a witch, that we are healers.. that she never sold herself to satan as one of the devil's servants.. that she was one of god's instruments to ending the madness around us.. the madness, we call the Salem Witch trials.. - Magnus Bane, Journal page 30.

He had finished writing this, when he returned to his campsite. A fire was burning with a pot in the middle, a witches brew as a puritan may call it. For him, it was herbs, and some ingredients for a medicine. He tried to liquify it as to sneak it into his pockets on his way to towns to heal the sick in a secretive manner. Behind the backs of Ministries and those who seeked to burn people for possible witchcraft. To avoid accusations.. and avoid the fate his mother had faced.
Traversing towards the town, he had to get past the labyrinth he created to keep others out. Cutting and injuring himself in the process. He managed with fewer cuts than last time.
As he walked, he received glares, and looks from those around him. People were very skeptical of Plague Doctors... reluctant. And would look at him with disdain whereas some looked at him with hesitant respect. Many in this town had been treated by him, and shown to heal successfully. He always tried his medicines himself before offering them to his patients, as to him, it wouldn't mean much if he was to die vs the patients dying.
That was when he heard the twig snap..
someone had found his campsite..
Now he pulled out his sword, "Who is there?"he demanded, wielding it in a defensive manner. He had no knowledge of swordsmanship, making himself a easy target to kill if anyone so felt like it..

(Your part would come next after this, dm your part with a profile/link or brief description of your character.)

View attachment 10761
Name: Magnus Bane
Alias: Dr. Bane
Race: Human
Sexuality: Pansexual
Equipment: Four vials for medicine, Sword/Dagger, Porcelain Crow mask (White)
Attire Material: Made of leather, some metal, deer skin (Dyed)
Background: Orphan, ran away from home at age 17

Back