The World Engine Redux

Bezwick turned to Gabby, taking a moment to think before answering, "I'm... not sure actually. The priest and his closest followers try their best to maintain everything. They'd know better than I."

Hallay cleared her throat, standing by the doors to the basement and shooting Cain a deadly look.

Nazren held up his hand and pointed to it with his other, showcasing it over-dramatically by circling it multiple times and then put his hands out in a shrug, mouthing "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!?!?"

Gabby marched over to the non-compliant Cain. " Excuse me gentlemen, but Our Goddess wants the doors to the basement open. Rather than unleashing her powers in the building fully she asks to use you as a channel. Another great honor bestowed upon you, Champion."

Cain glared at gabby but turned his head so only she could see, pretending to look out the window before turning back to the commander. "Setup traps to slow the hordes and barricade the windows, we get as many down by arrows as we can before ambushing them with our swordsmen. I will be a moment." He followed her over to hallay, whisper-shouting through grit teeth. "I CAN'T OPEN THE DAMN DOOR FOR YOU, IT STILL STINGS FROM OUR LAST ESCAPE." He took off his gauntlet and showed the dimly lit white scar that bled down his wrist. "Figure out your own way, and let me do my job."

Hallay returned the anger, quietly seething through her fangs. "You will open the door or I will turn you over to the crowd. Act like a drake."

A knife was at the dragon's throat, his re-gloved hand holding his cloak over her shoulder so the others could not see. "The only thing that is stopping me right now is her," He nodded to gabby. "and the octopus. Do not push it. I need my full strength for what might well be a twelve hour war. A great dragon such as yourself can manage without her 'champion'."

Gabby scowled and grabbed Cains wrist, her small hand barely wrapping around. "Enough," she hissed, "We're here to help you remember. This isn't helping you or these people now drop the damn blade."

The turned blade pressed against gabby's hand and cut her palm slightly. "Then don't make me do everything." The dagger sheathed and he walked back to the commander to help setting up traps.

She with drew her hand from Cain's blade and clutched it to her chest with a yelp. A searing pain radiated through her palm from the cut, filling her mind with nothing but white light for a moment. Then something else flared beside it. Anger. She glared at the man's retreating back but prudence held her tongue. Making a scene as he had would only make the situation worse. Did he not realize if they solved the puzzle faster no 12 hour war would need be necessary? "C'mon, Hallay. We can expect no help from him. He's only going to get us killed in the state he is in."

Hallay growled at Cain as he walked away, resisting the urge to bite him as she bared her fangs.

Last edited:
Bezwick gave a salute, turning to the men contemplating for a moment, "Alright men. Start searching the church. Break down any furniture you find, and bring back the pieces here. Anyone here know enough about making traps?" The men got to work, instructing the civilians to do the same. Progress was slow, as people were still funneling into the upper levels. None were aware of the secret drama that boiled between the three.

Nobody had the proper tools to break down the furniture, or to build up barricades or traps. The smiths and woodsman didn't exactly bring their axes or hammers when they attended the ceremony, and it was too hot outside to make a safe excursion. The inside of the church was surprisingly cool.

This forum is closed until further notice. If this is re-opened, whenever that is, I will post an update.

Back