Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremi

The Convergence Series GM

It had been four months since the Melding and life continued on for everyone as well as it could. It had been much the same for the Greil Mercenary force, some would call them heroes of their world but here they were much like anyone else. Survivors. A lot of their forces had gone missing during the Melding but the ones left tried their best to pick up the pieces of those that weren’t among them. Some had scattered when the mysterious mechanical monstrosities had descended upon them, while others had just simply vanished when the mysterious Melding had happened.

Even so in a world like this there were a lot of jobs up for grabs for a group like them, as well as people ready to join their ranks be it for profit, a place to call home or just circumstance. One of the new members they had picked up in this new world was a woman called Yuna. A Summoner in her world, ready to do what it takes to stave off a threat that if left unchecked would have devoured the entire world. However, much had happened since those times and while she was no longer a summoner Yuna was always ready to help. This had not been a meeting of chance however as Yuna had personally sought out the Greil mercenaries for a job.

She had heard of their exploits from a few nearby villages she had passed through and when she had found them plead her case. The leader had seemed sympathetic to her plight and agreed on it despite the fact that their journey would take them a long way from the stomping ground they had set up since their time here.

Now however they had set up camp for some cooking and readying equipment. As the employer, Yuna had gotten a tent all for herself for the journey and was inside when she heard a knock on the tent post. Seems like someone wanted to speak to her.

@Atomic Knight

"So, it all started when, well... this time, it's complicated."

XCJE8DK.png

Life had changed so much in such a short amount of time. It wasn't so long ago that Sin had been defeated and Spira had changed forever. Yuna's life had halted to a sudden stop in a way that she could have possibly never imagined. Everything she had ever known had been twisted upside-down, forcing her to figure everything out all over again. She had lost so much, far too much, and was filled with so much regret.

How? How had that managed to happen a second time? How could have Yuna's life change all over again?

One day, she was a member of the Gullwings. The next, Spira was gone, absorbed into something new. The Melding.

Yuna had lost so much yet again. She didn't know she could lose more. Her home. Her friends. It was all gone.

All Yuna could do was start again. Find herself once again. She had thought her life as a Summoner long gone, but in this new world, there was a use to her past abilities Yuna could not deny. She had made a name for herself in the past four months, helping others however she could. She travelled long and far in search of those in need... and hopefully, she would one day run into a familiar face.

"You can come in," Yuna said to whoever was outside.

@Jeremi

Last edited:
In stepped a woman with long red-haired and clad in shiny immaculate armor. "I apologize for the intrusion,"

latest

"I only wished to see if everything was alright." The woman's name was Titania and she was more or less the second in command of the Greil Mercenaries. She was also holding a plate of food in her hand. "You hadn't come out for dinner so I decided to bring it to you." She placed it on the nearby table and stepped back. "It wouldn't be good if our employer would just suddenly faint on the field. We do have a reputation to uphold even here after all."

@Atomic Knight

Yuna turned to meet Titania's gaze. She looked back and forth between the red-haired women and the food she placed in the table, suddenly looking apologetic.

60T7mE2.png

"I'm sorry," she said, sounding a bit down. "I was just distracted."

Yuna had been inside her own head a lot lately. Perhaps far too much. There were so many people she missed dearly. Between her feelings of regret and just feeling so exhausted all the time, Yuna was far from attentive. She still barely knew this mercenary group she was traveling around with now. Traveling in a group reminded her of her pilgrimage and perhaps those bittersweet memories made her wary of getting close to these people who wanted to protect her.

"I'll make sure to eat it all up!" Yuna made an effort to sound more upbeat. She smiled at Titania. "You'll have to give my thanks to the chef."

@Jeremi

"It is understandable considering the circumstances," Titania replied. "But I must encourage you to not neglect yourself in these trying times," She smiled though when Yuna mentioned thanking the chef. "I'll make sure to pass the word along to Mist. She will be thrilled to hear her cooking was appreciated."

Though her business was finished Titania stood around for a while longer before she spoke again. "I hope I don't have to remind you that you are welcome to join us if you feel like it. While the Greil mercenaries aren't as plentiful as before, as well as having new faces in their ranks, we still are a welcoming sort. You are our employer but that also means that you are now part of our unit. We have a long journey ahead of us, and standing around in silence does no one any good."

@Atomic Knight

Yuna was so used to people doting on her, hearing Titania worry about her almost felt familiar. She offered the woman another smile. "Ah, Mist? If she's been the one preparing the meals, then definitely let her know I've been enjoying them."

Moving to clear off a few bits and baubles, mostly to give her tray of food some room, she listened to Titania invite her to socialize with the other mercenaries. They certainly did seem nice, from the little Yuna had seen of them. She felt bad being so caught up on her own losses that she neglected to remember the Greil Mercenaries were missing their friends to.

"Then... perhaps I will join the others once I've eaten," she said. "We do have quite the journey, don't we?"

Titania nodded. "Yes, even if we marched continuously it would still take us a fortnight without rest," She smiled though, it seemed that Yuna would grace them with their presence later. "Then I will leave you to it. Enjoy your meal. I'll tell the others that they can expect another friendly face walking around in a bit." With a bow she excused herself leaving Yuna to eat in peace.

@Atomic Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back