BrookeDi

Benefactor
Hello, all.

I'm new, obviously. Uhh, let's see. I have been writing for as long as I can remember; anything from really silly to the very serious. I didn't stumble upon role play until about five years ago on IMVU and after a rough start (I was absolutely awful) I started to figure things out.

This was also how I was introduced into the world of what D&D really is. Previously I had very little knowledge.

So, my role play interests... Mostly I like original things. I'm not interested in playing canon characters for TV shows, books, etc. I do enjoy medieval, fantasy, modern day, slice of life, and sci-fi, and whatever else.

I'm interested (and intimidated) in trying a D&D type RP, except for the fact that I don't quite understand rolling and how the entire setup itself works... so if someone is willing to work with a complete beginner in that aspect, I'm your gal.

I have built two of my own role play worlds (one was a sci-fi based, inspired by Deus-Ex and the other was a post-apocalyptic world after horrible monsters were exposed to the world: I have info sites for both, if anyone cares to see the work put into them).

I work full time and am currently in law school, so I'm available for posts most often during work hours in between projects. I surprisingly get a lot of posting done, just not as much in the evening.

I guess right now I'm just looking for something a little bit consistent with a good story. I'm not picky, I just like things people have put an effort into and find them to be the most engaging.

I think I'll end there because it's starting to sound like an RP based dating site bio. Anywho, hopefully I can join something soon.

Roll a twenty sided die. Add advantages. Subtract Disadvantes.

Trying to climb wall. Roll the dice. +4 because you're good at climbing. +4 because you're stronk. -4 because the wall is wet and slippery. Add it all together, and the result determines if you succeed or not.

That's D&D in it's simplest form. Fifth edition is even simpler.

Welcome to STC.

Roll a twenty sided die. Add advantages. Subtract Disadvantes.

Trying to climb wall. Roll the dice. +4 because you're good at climbing. +4 because you're stronk. -4 because the wall is wet and slippery. Add it all together, and the result determines if you succeed or not.

That's D&D in it's simplest form. Fifth edition is even simpler.

Welcome to STC.

Seems easy enough. The funny thing is I've created plenty of characters (mostly rogues) based on the player's handbook of different D&D editions. Question, though, how do you explain what you did without interrupting the flow of an RP. Is it honesty based and you roll and write based on your outcome or do you have to explain w hat you rolled and what the total came out to. Specifically in a forum based RP, at least.

Thank you. :)

A bio for a RP based dating site?????????? ohohHOHOHOHO, you're definitely alone on that. Yeah, it's not like my.. Very own.. Introduction post here was also just like that.. Ergh.

But here, take this welcome from a newbie, newbie. Don't forget to down that glass of Kool-Aid before entering.

bruh what do u mean this isn't an RP based dating site?

jk jk

Anyways, welcome to STC! I'm a newbie here too waddup

A bio for a RP based dating site?????????? ohohHOHOHOHO, you're definitely alone on that. Yeah, it's not like my.. Very own.. Introduction post here was also just like that.. Ergh.

But here, take this welcome from a newbie, newbie. Don't forget to down that glass of Kool-Aid before entering.

I went creepy mode and tracked down your newbie post as you sparked my curiosity. Yours, at least, was entertaining to read. Anyway, thank you for the welcome! From what I've seen around, there seems to be, at the very least, amusing people. :)

I have made a grave mistake.

Thank you very much! Newbies unite!

ok now im just wondering, are there even people who go onto rp websites to seek dates? I mean, there's people who like to rp their characters dating each other but do they actually go there for the specific reason of finding a date

also HECK YE NEWBIES UNITE!

ok now im just wondering, are there even people who go onto rp websites to seek dates? I mean, there's people who like to rp their characters dating each other but do they actually go there for the specific reason of finding a date

I don't... know. I know of people meeting, by incident, through RP and ending up dating but I don't... think that people actively go to role play sites looking for love? That just doesn't seem wise.

I went creepy mode and tracked down your newbie post as you sparked my curiosity. Yours, at least, was entertaining to read. Anyway, thank you for the welcome! From what I've seen around, there seems to be, at the very least, amusing people. :)

An aspiring protector of law, engaging in the vile act of.. Stalking? Why, yours should be a criminal offense.
Wink wink, nudge nudge, BrookeDi; don't mention the welcome and enjoy your time on this site.

I don't... know. I know of people meeting, by incident, through RP and ending up dating but I don't... think that people actively go to role play sites looking for love? That just doesn't seem wise.

imagine tho

"yes hello I'm looking to hook up with someone who can play a very convincing Batman and can write at least 2 paragraphs per post"

imagine tho

"yes hello I'm looking to hook up with someone who can play a very convincing Batman and can write at least 2 paragraphs per post"

I mean... those are some pretty good standards. XD

My wife would love anyone who could play a convincing batman, though she's tried (and decided against) the whole role play scene.

An aspiring protector of law, engaging in the vile act of.. Stalking? Why, yours should be a criminal offense.
Wink wink, nudge nudge, BrookeDi; don't mention the welcome and enjoy your time on this site.

I'm like Sebastian Rudd*, I live on the edge of the law? That question mark did not make it very convincing.

(* a character in Rogue Lawyer, a book by John Grisham, by the way)

I mean... those are some pretty good standards. XD

My wife would love anyone who could play a convincing batman, though she's tried (and decided against) the whole role play scene.

aw ...well i guess rping isnt really everyone's cup of tea

...wait, do u mean she tried rping or that she tried being Batman?

Seems easy enough. The funny thing is I've created plenty of characters (mostly rogues) based on the player's handbook of different D&D editions. Question, though, how do you explain what you did without interrupting the flow of an RP. Is it honesty based and you roll and write based on your outcome or do you have to explain w hat you rolled and what the total came out to. Specifically in a forum based RP, at least.

Thank you. :)

Generally, it's all pretty compiled beforehand. So you'll say something along the lines of.

Player: "I try to scale the walls of the castle, prying my way up the dark face using the cracks in the wall"
[Rolls a 2. Knows they get a +6, combined for a total of 8.]
GM: "You begin to scale the wall, but after a short distance, a loose piece of stone gives way, and you fall tot he ground with a muddled thud."

Some degree of breaking character is required, especially in combat, but out of combat? Pure roleplaying.

Back