Question Threads and custom images

KenżaSheep

That's nice. Put it back.
So, I'm (somewhat) of an artist. I like to draw OCs when the fancy hits me. It has come to my notice, though, that I can't seem to post photos (taken from my phone, and/or sent to my PC, seeing as it's not digital art) of my drawings in the threads for character reference images and the like. It only appears to work in the PMs.

Is there a specific reason for this, or is it a forum quirk of some kind?

I'm not mad or anything; (though it would be very, very useful if I could use the function.) I was just curious to know why this is. :3

Thank you!

~K

It should work in the threads. What bbcode are you using? Could you try to post an image here for me, so I can try to see what's going on?

This is from my phone. Dunno if it'll work of not. ((Looks like it does; maybe I did something wrong initially? Perhaps the file size was too large last time and I overlooked that.))
View attachment 5447

Last edited:
This is from my PC. It doesn't look like it works in the preview, but I can see the image just below what I'm typing.

ZDTjBcqsaCWxm3sSCUSFCsTFSAI5L1An4OiXwdLXnEtzp9zJIRNgQiLcQA7rgI7qYvRCP46azdndS1kcXaqQznB8K0M_0Uzh8kZx4CiA6H_x8J2dtHfzTAyY_a_ALjSt85RW-ccKz1aZTD_gp63hjymIaaS1V0AT002VQYThZa8xFI8ysHfJp1XdeWvZUeFghyutxksJpqHCawgupQfSIF_2TSbI-J7OtPejA9AL-VXwj4CLEi7pCc44nBLhOxPF3bE_rY2BTuuBb_cGJBvI2JaXKRQcTCA-gtaftJjnJNcfHffPHZ4q1Fm8oCGoD-5RJZpGw7MHvlTg6rWqQyF_L0vbj38u9fxM-Pn7cTdW0sAAscoA2dc1l3H_JH20npXLeXjhV4NpVuTVDbZ3rgxPrkT8DS2kV2lXORFJYLYgzp2koZP71DeE2tsPZP3zLotXh7FbLJNbfRQl0bHsvmltJb8GoM8JzzlWMgQFTE5s4RzpcOTBWx2l1MP34TN_rT8jDB-CcHzNJu8Fhtv66avWaZaiSiwMOrSuGHJcV2w_5gdLhK7DdjmxEpYfcd0xhmj3PBFdJVNoT6QBKVqctRfPnW0R4WNx-OT7dq1p-T3_-SWecnrGvfewbZqqId0qq3UzyT06wpG3xtTddwPTNrl6_PuC5QRqKAWU-Y33C7o5Z2_P1N22k1eTpffKV38-ZtOn3UmY8QoDjM7HHOUzHr0ZYvtMCWquqTelQKs4Z8WP_bCV-Y-wxVT5Exe-Avn7Hcy4spo=s0-l75-ft-l75-ft

Then again, I did use a link to get the image from my PC; I didn't download the image and then try to post.

It looks like you're posting them as attachments, rather than uploading them to a hosting site and using the url link option. That's probably why they're showing up at the bottom instead of in the body of the preview text. Attachments are subject to size limitations because they're uploaded directly Storyteller's Circle and stored in our local database. If you want to post images without limitations, you'll want to use the url linking option instead.

It looks like you're posting them as attachments, rather than uploading them to a hosting site and using the url link option. That's probably why they're showing up at the bottom instead of in the body of the preview text. Attachments are subject to size limitations because they're uploaded directly Storyteller's Circle and stored in our local database. If you want to post images without limitations, you'll want to use the url linking option instead.

I almost understand. Could you run that by me again?

To post an image it needs to be uploaded somewhere onto the internet, so that it can be accessed. The website can't access your personal phone or computer. When you attach an image to a post as an attachment from your computer or phone, it takes that image and uploads it to Storyteller's Circle's database, so that the website can access the image. This comes with restrictions like size and how many you can put per post.

If you upload the image yourself to an image hosting website (I use google photos). I think there's an apple version also. There's also websites that let you host images, like imgur, tinypic, etc. If you do that, you can use the 'by url' option when you insert your image into a post. And it will pull the image from the url you provide and there's no restrictions on size or number of images per thread, since the actual storage of the picture files is off-site.

To post an image it needs to be uploaded somewhere onto the internet, so that it can be accessed. The website can't access your personal phone or computer. When you attach an image to a post as an attachment from your computer or phone, it takes that image and uploads it to Storyteller's Circle's database, so that the website can access the image. This comes with restrictions like size and how many you can put per post.

If you upload the image yourself to an image hosting website (I use google photos). I think there's an apple version also. There's also websites that let you host images, like imgur, tinypic, etc. If you do that, you can use the 'by url' option when you insert your image into a post. And it will pull the image from the url you provide and there's no restrictions on size or number of images per thread, since the actual storage of the picture files is off-site.

Ah! Yes! That makes much more sense. x3
I'll have to start doing that; thank you!

Back