Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremi

The Convergence Series GM
This tale begins in Paris 1483. It has been one year since the demise of Judge Claude Frollo and the populace have returned to their regular lives. The aftermath gave them a calm that the city had not seen for many years. That however didn't mean that there wasn't any fun to be had...

Hunchback02.jpg

Despite it being very early in the morning a lot of people were already traversing the streets with laughter and music filling the air. The Feast of Fools was once again upon them. Its goal was to allow the poor to be rich, the chefs to be cooked by the lobsters, basically anything peculiar would be the norm!

While the celebrations had not yet reached its crescendo it was clear that everyone in the city were expecting something truly special! Their wishes would come true, but not in the way any in their wildest dreams could imagine.

Away from the ongoing festivities in a rundown alley there was a girl who had seen better days. Groggy and half asleep she would be leaning against a stone wall. Suddenly like being woken from a dream her eyes would flutter open as she took in her new surroundings. How had she arrived here? Where was here anyway? The morning chill caused steam to come out of her mouth as she gasped for air.

Last thing she remembered was going to her room in the Triskelion and...blank. She felt the surrounding area seemed crude and primitive, clear signs that she was no longer in her home dimension. As she pondered these questions she'd hear groaning a bit further way down the alley. When she went to investigate she'd find a male laying on the ground much like she had been. Where they connected somehow?

“Hey, chico.” She asked the person on the ground. “You okay?”

It was not long ago that a young warrior had set off from his home world, the Land of Departure, wielding a unique weapon under his possession: a keyblade. This weapon, not entirely a key but not entirely a blade, was a rare weapon that could only be wielded by special people it chose. This young man, Terra, just so happened to be one of these people. He had spent the entirety of his life training to use the weapon under a master, yet still had a ways to go before he would become a master himself. He had taken a mark of mastery exam just a few weeks ago, and sadly did not pass it. As frustrated as he was about this, Terra didn't intend to give in. He intended to show his master that he was worthy and would indeed pass his exam.

But things didn't end up going as Terra had planned. He felt himself grow closer to the darkness, encouraged by his friend Master Xehanort to feel comfortable with it and channel it. His master, Eraqus, just didn't seem to understand him the way Xehanort did. Growing closer to the darkness, however, only seemed to drive a wedge between himself and his friends. Terra felt the frustration inside him only further boil and fester, yet he tried his best to deal with it while aiding his friend Master Xehanort and protecting those he cared for. Terra vowed to protect what mattered to him, no matter what the cost.

Yet, things ended up not being so simple.

In order to protect his friend Ventus, Terra found himself doing the unimaginable. He rose his blade and fought against his own master. Eraqus told Terra that Ventus was an abomination, meant to be destroyed. He intended to do it himself, but there was no way Terra could standby and watch while that happened! So fought and overcame his master, destroying the man in the process. After it was over, Terra couldn't believe what he had done. He had harmed his master, helping Xehanort destroy him without meaning to. Terra never had wanted this to happen... he had been a fool, manipulated by an evil man whom he thought to be his friend.

So, shortly after the death of his beloved master, Terra set off from his home--also destroyed by Xehanort--and vowed to keep his friends safe no matter what the cost. To do so, he would have to train and become even stronger. Whether he would gain strength from light or darkness Terra wasn't sure, but he longed to walk the path that would keep his friends from harm. That's all that mattered anymore, even if he was destroyed in the process.

Under the dark sky of his desolated home world, Terra waved his keyblade to create a glowing, black portal in the sky. This portal helped him travel into the space between worlds that his master had liked to call The Lanes Between. Once the portal was ready he tossed his keyblade into the sky, watching it shift into another shape, transforming into the keyblade glider he rode upon to fly between worlds.

Once Terra's keyblade glider was ready, there was one last step he needed to take care of before he was ready to fly off: he had to cloak himself in his armor. Slapping his shoulder to activate a button he used to summon his armor, Terra's body was engulfed in light for a few seconds. When the light faded he was adorned in his shiny armor, a set of armor that protect his body from damage and overexposure to darkness.

Upon being cloaked in his armor, Terra climbed aboard his glider and made it levitate in the air before he flew directly into the portal he had summoned. When he entered the portal, Terra appeared in The Lanes Between or an area that appeared similar to outer space. He flew along, looking for a world on which he could land. He needed to find someplace, anyplace he could use to grow stronger so he could save his friends. As he flew, the rhythmic hum from Terra's glider quickly caused him to get drowsy. His eyelids grew heavy and his head bobbed, causing him to bump his head on the handles of his glider. He blinked and quickly picked his head up, tensing his shoulders.

"Can't fall asleep. I need to find somewhere to land first," he thought to himself, cautiously skimming the sky to look for somewhere to land. The emotional stress of the day had wore on him, causing him to struggle with even keeping his eyes open. Unfortunately, however, Terra was unable to find a world fast enough to compensate for his need to rest. His heavy eyes shut, and he drifted off for several minutes.

Terra was awoke by the feel of a breeze invading the cracks on his armor. He gasped realizing he was moving rapidly downward toward a world his glider had apparently come across while he was asleep. "No!" he exclaimed, gripping the handles as quickly as he could, yanking upward on them in a feeble attempt to stop himself from crashing into this new world. Unfortunately for Terra, however, it was too late.

Boom!

Anyone who saw the crash from a distance would've mistaken it for a meteorite hitting the planet. The shockwave of the crash was enough to shake the ground, create a crater, and smash Terra's glider to pieces. Thanks to his armor, Terra's life was sparred in the crash, but his head hit the ground hard enough to render him unconscious for a time.

He awoke after a short while, wandering away from the wreckage of his glider to see where he had landed. Still a bit damaged from the crash, Terra didn't make it far before he was on the ground again. He groaned, feeling of his head.

I'm more than ashamed of myself. I've made so many mistakes today. I'm not sure how yet, but I really need to set things right.

The next thing he knew, a woman was looking down at him, asking if he was okay. Terra moved to sit on his knees and looked up at the woman. I've seen better days, that's for sure.

"I'm fine. Can you tell me where I am?"
he asked, figuring he should at least know his new location.

"Not if you can tell me where I am." America walked to the end of the alley and peeked out seeing people all around laughing and talking as they walked down the road.

Suddenly the air would be filled by the ringing of bells from somewhere. They sounded familiar somehow...Not even caring if someone saw her America would take for the skies to get a better view of the city.

When she saw Notre Dame however she knew where she was, but the when was still a mystery. Floating back down into the alley where Terra was she'd scratch her head in annoyance before talking. "Paris. We're in Paris. But when I don't know. Looks like the middle ages over here."

The young man scratched his head and made a good attempt to pull himself up, struggling from his knees to his feet. Once he had stood straight up, he rolled back his shoulders. "Well, wherever this is I, can't say I've ever been. I guess that changes now." He took a few steps forward after speaking, peeking out of they alley. There didn't look to be any signs of danger, but it never hurt to check out his surroundings. Glancing back to the woman, he noticed she was gone.

"Huh, where'd she--"

He finally caught site of the woman just as she floated down to the ground. Terra's eyes widened slightly. The last time he had seen someone fly like that was in Neverland. This world, however, was different. Her power must've been natural and not from fairy dust.

"Paris, huh? Interesting, but not as interesting as the fact you can fly. You're not from this world, are you?" Had she not flown, Terra likely wouldn't have noticed that her clothes were different. But it was exactly her power that put a feeling I'm his gut.​

"I'm not, but I like to travel." She replied as she turned towards the wall. "I'm America Chavez." An audible crack escaped from her knuckles.
"And I'm getting my ass out of here."

Among the usual check list of generic super powers of flight, endurance and super strength. America had the unique power of creating star patterns that she could shatter and travel by into different dimensions. As her fist hit the wall though there was no star and no portal. Instead she and Terra would stand face to face with a surprised family of four having breakfast as the wall crumbled from her fist.

"..."

"I'm just gonna go...sorry about your wall." Another lose tile would hit the ground as the family was staring absolutely gobsmacked at what had just happened. America was as surprised as they were. Why wasn't her powers working?

The young man quieted, thinking over America's introduction before he decided to introduce himself. "I'm Terra. Yeah, you didn't seem like you were from around here either. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you're probably not a keyblade wielder either. I've never met another traveler who wasn't. Strange..." Terra had been raised under the impression that keyblade wielders were the only individuals who had the ability to travel between worlds and that very few others even knew about them.

It was then that America punched a hole in wall next to them, leaving a very shocked family gawking in their direction. "Ah, excuse us," Terra said, awkwardly stepping away from the hole while rubbing the back of his head. Afterwards, he glanced at America once more. "What was that all about? Did you have some kind of grudge against that wall?"

America was already walking off when Terra called out to her. "No I...I create portals by smashing stars."
She was so flustered that her powers weren't working that the explanation came off as a bit halfhearted. "Obviously they aren't working, and I have no damn idea why."

Making her way to the main street America would finally spot the merriment that was happening around them. Some sort of festivities were afoot. Sighing in frustration she'd turn back towards Terra. "Unless you have ideas then I'm pretty sure we're stuck here."

"Smashing stars, you say?" Terra questioned, appearing rather surprised by America's statement. "Maybe it's a good thing your power isn't working. I was always under the impression that every star out there was another world. If that truly is the case, I don't think using your power is worth the destruction of worlds. Plenty of worlds are falling to darkness already without things like that."

A bit curious about her, Terra followed after America. He took the time to look around at the rather active street they had come across, an air of excitement heavily etched into the atmosphere around them. "I'm just as stuck here as you are. I came here on my glider, but it broke apart when I crashed here." He paused thoughtfully before adding, "But if I were to locate all of the pieces I could put it back together... The only problem is, I don't have any idea where the pieces could be. I'd have to look around and see where they've ended up in this world."

Was this kid serious? "Metaphorical stars. Not actual stars." Walking along she'd listen to what Terra had to say about this transport. "We could, but like you said, finding scraps in a place like this..." Before she could continue on the duo would be interrupted by a parade of people dressed in garish costume singing and playing random instruments come towards them down the street.

"Seems like they're having a party. I don't know how long we're going to be stuck here but maybe we can have ourselves a good time until we figure something out?"

Being the least imaginative of the three students his master taught, Terra still didn't understand what America meant my "metaphorical" stars. He placed a hand to his chin and nodded, not saying another word about the matter. He was a guy through and through, not wanting to seem weak by his lack of comprehending this topic in front of a woman. So, instead, Terra replied to her next statement.

"Have a good time?" the keyblade wielder questioned, a frown pulling down the corners of his lips. "You may be right. We won't be able to do much while this celebration is going on. But I didn't come to this world to have a good time." He tightened in the muscles in his arms, dropping his hands to his sides to form clenched fists. "I'm here to train. I have something important to do and I need to make sure I'm strong enough."

At this point, Terra wasn't sure if he could have a good time or enjoy himself anymore. Ever since he had grown closer to the darkness, and ever since he had betrayed his master, Terra found it difficult to even genuinely smile. How was he supposed to enjoy a celebration knowing that Aqua and Ven were in constant danger right now? How could he enjoy anything at all until he knew for certain they were safe? The only thing Terra could think about was how he would set things right.

"Uh-huh..." Came America's eloquent reply to him. "That sounds like a you problem. Come on, maybe whatever this is will help"

As the wandered on the sounds of music and laughter would become louder and louder until they reached what seemed to be the epicenter.

festival+of+fools+hunchback+of+notre+dame.png

Hundreds of people were gathered at the square, dressed up in a multitude of different costumes. Suddenly up on a nearby stage a puff of smoke would introduce a new figure dressed in a jester's outfit.

hqdefault.jpg

"Welcome one and all to the Feast of Fools! Where dogs walk their masters, lobsters cook the chefs! A real day of madness! As we await the guest of honor allow me to introduce the one and only...Esmeralda!"

Up on stage would walk a very fetching woman in a red dress.

Esmeralda-esmeralda-24685561-500-200.gif

After a quick glance over the gathered crowd she'd start an intricate dance routine that left the crowd speechless.

"She's hot." America responded over to Terra as she continued watching the dance.​

After hearing America's reply, Terra zoned out--distracted by the celebration at hand. Between the music, costumes, and pure vibe of excitement that flowed through the air, Terra just knew his friends Aqua and Ven would've loved it here. Of course, he found this place rather interesting himself, even if he was the more serious of his two friends. However, as he remained set in his state of gloom and doom, the young man tried his best to hold himself back from getting too excited.

When America commented on the woman in the red dress, Terra opened his mouth to say something but instead inhaled one of the many pieces of confetti fluttering through the air. He choked for a few moments until he spat it out, sighing afterwards. He then re-focused on America's question, shrugging his shoulders.

"Sure, if you care for that sort of thing," he replied blandly, being a total downer for the time being. If he had been in a better mood, (and he was certain his master wasn't around) he probably would've agreed with America. She was equally as attractive, maybe even more so, as Cinderella--the woman he had aided in one of the worlds he had visited.

"You really are down in the dumps, huh?" Came her reply to the Keyblade wielder. They would continue on watching the dance until she finished to the thunderous applause of the crowd.

The guy in the jester outfit would walk back up on the stage as the woman made her exit. "Isn't she something folks? Now I heard through the grapevine that our guest of honor has arrived. So ladies and gentlemen. Put your hands together for...QUASIMODO!"

Confetti would once again fill the air as a hunchbacked man took the stage wearing a makeshift crown and a cape.

walt-disney-characters_204120_top.jpg

While not the prettiest person around you could tell there was something special about him. He'd make his way to the throne on the stage, waving awkwardly to the crowd with a goofy grin on his face.

"Wonder what the deal with him is."America asked to Terra.

When the dark haired woman beside him would call Terra out on being down in the dumps, the young man would open his mouth to speak only to be cut off by the roars of the excitable crowd. He was almost grateful for it too. He really wasn't sure what he would've said in reply to her. Yes, he was down in the dumps, but it wasn't as if he could really explain to her why that was. He had only just met her and wasn't really that interested in opening up to a stranger.

When America would ask her next question about the man on stage, Terra answered her this time. The strange man certainly had a different looking appearance, but that wasn't what stood out the most to Terra.

"I'm not sure what his deal is, but there is something special about him. I can sense that he has a powerful heart. He's different than most of the others around here--and not just because of his appearance."

Terra paused to watch the man a little longer before speaking again. "I have to admit he's pretty brave too. If I were him I'm not sure I would be able to stand up on a stage like that in front of so many people..."

America nodded before looking up at the man on the stage again. There was a strength in him that she could admire. As she opened her mouth to speak America would be interrupted by screams from the crowd. The gathered masses would start to scatter in panic and the reason would soon be evident to the two outworlders.

latest

Big hulking creatures came down the street destroying anything that came in their path. "Mindless Ones!" America shouted seemingly familiar with what these creatures were. She had no idea how they had ended up in this world though. You needed powerful magics to summon them after all. Why they were here was not important right now. They needed to help the civilians. Any soldier who tried to attack them were easily dispatched with a slap from the Mindless One's heavy hands. "We got work to do." She responded towards Terra, assuming that he could handle himself in a fight.

"Come here. You got a head that you don't need." As the Mindless Ones came close she'd punch one of them and send it flying into a nearby wall

Mesmerized by the stage, Terra almost forgot that he was waiting for a reply from America. Ever bit of their conversation ended up lost, however, when screams began to radiate from the crowd. The keyblade wielder turned to the crowd immediately, eyes widening when he spotted the bulky creatures walking towards them. Although he had never seen them before, he could tell right away they weren't supposed to be in this world. He drew his keyblade in an instant, nodding at America's words.

Strange. I wonder where these things came from?

Deciding he wouldn't question the presence of these creatures just yet, Terra instead began to focus on his energy. These monsters didn't exactly look like pushovers so he didn't intend to take it very easy on them.

"Command Style: RockBreaker."

Rockbreaker_(Finisher)_KHBBS.gif

An orange energy began to radiate from Terra, surrounding his body. Afterwards, sharp-pointed rocks formed from magic rose out of the ground and levitated around him only a second before he whacked them with his keyblade to send them flying. The rocks flew at great speeds toward the Mindless Ones, carefully aimed so they would only hit their targets and not any of the civilians who were scattered about.

The one-eyed monsters were caught by surprise from the attacks coming their way. The rocks made them stagger back and America's punches sent them flying. Their attacks were starting to really put the hurt on the Mindless Ones.

The good part of America and Terra fighting back caused them to aim all of their attention towards the two and left the civilians and the city at large alone. The bad part was that it aimed all of the Mindless Ones attention against them. They would have been swamped if not for the shouting of men and galloping of horses as the literal cavalry arrived.

While the poor French soldiers did very little other than be an annoyance, it opened up the opportunity for America and Terra to put the real fear in the monsters.

Terra continued his onslaught, eventually switching into a more defensive stance when their enemies nearly overwhelmed them. While he wasn't afraid of their numbers, he needed to be realistic and careful so he could not only protect himself, but also make sure the civilians continued to stay safe as well. The young man was secretly self conscious when it came to making more mistakes after already having gotten people hurt.

He noticed an opening, however, when the French Soldiers would appear and start to distract the monsters. Terra then broke from his defensive stance and charged at the beasts, hammering at their weak points with direct, physical attacks. While he hoped his attacks would be more than enough, he secretly wished the soldiers who had come forward would've been able to do more than they were doing.

What use were these men other than bait to distract the monsters? Terra struggled not to see them as more than useless bugs, but knew such thoughts were probably brought on due to his inner darkness. Inwardly ashamed, he tried to throw his focus entirely onto the battle and ignore his thoughts. Because of his inner darkness, he had lost his master and put his friends in danger. He couldn't let it overwhelm him again.

The tides had turned in the fight and the Mindless Ones were suddenly scarce. America had hoisted one over her head and tossed it long past the city limits. Most of the others had been destroyed by Terra's attacks.

While quiet and menacing already the final Mindless Ones suddenly stopped dead in their tracks and retreated. It was like someone had called for them.

America dusted off her hands from a job well done. “That was some good fighting."
She replied to Terra having a slight cocky grin on her face. “Those Mindless Ones picked a bad day to crash a party."

"Indeed." A man riding a white horse would come up to the two. Armor he wore implied that he was someone important. Jumping down from the horse he'd bow towards the two.

"I am Phoebus. Captain of the Guard that keeps the streets of Paris safe. I'm offering my thanks for the aid you brought by thwarting those monsters. My men and I were powerless to stop them." Phoebus stood up and gave the two a closer look. "You're not from around here are you?"

Pleased that his attacks helped to end the battle, Terra relaxed and allowed his keyblade to fade away. He narrowed his eyes and watched their enemies rush away, unsure why they left.

That's right; go and don't come back.

Terra glande to America when she would approach, entirely serious in comparison to her peppy attitude. "Mindless ones," Terra repeated, quietly thinking over her words for a moment. "Wait, you know about those things? What are they?" he questioned.

Before he could get an answer to his question, however, Terra would be interrupted by an armored man who would ride up to them on his horse. When he would thank them, Terra didn't think much of it. "It was nothing. But have these attacks happened before?" he questioned, ignoring the man's own question when he would seem curious about where they were from.​

"Mindless Ones." She repeated back to Terra. "Ones that are mindless" Clearly this wasn't something he was going to get a straight answer about.

Phoebus meanwhile responded to Terra's second query. "No...I had never seen those monsters before today. Your friend on the other hand..." A finger pointed towards America. "Seems to be quite familiar with them."

She didn't like the tone of the man's voice. "Lower that finger or I'll make it point up if you get what I'm saying." Phoebus figured that it probably wasn't best to test her and did what had been asked of him.

"All I'm saying is that out of everyone here you were the only one who could name them."

"They're mindless monsters whose only purpose in life is to break down everything in their way." She finally responded. "Why they've shown up here I really couldn't tell you."

"I see..." The captain of the guard was skeptical but he really didn't have anything else to go by. "In any case you two are coming with me. We're heading to the cathedral."

"Why?"

"Because you two are persons of interest, and I'm not going to let you out of my sight for even a minute."

While America's reply didn't exactly appease him much, Terra did little more than shoot her a frustrated glance. He had a feeling she knew more than she intended to let on, but he wasn't going to press her about it--especially not in the company of Phoebus. He was supposed to keep some kind of world order, after all, and those creatures didn't appear as if they had come from this world. They seemed foreign, almost like the heartless.

Phoebes, on the other hand, didn't seem to have problems pressing America for more details. While she gave him just a little more detail on what the creatures were, it still wasn't much. Regardless, the mindless ones weren't really a pressing concern anymore. Terra was now more concerned about the fact this man wanted them to go with him.

"And what is your...agenda?" Phoebus asked curiously. "If you don't think rescuing the city from these monsters is as important as sight seeing..."

America was silent for a moment before she sighed. "Ugh no of course we're not saying that. We're travelers from...out of time and we're now stuck here."

"Well perfect reason to come and help then, if you are stuck here and all." Phoebus didn't press further because he was quite sure it was far beyond anything he could imagine. "Follow me then." He jumped back on his horse and the other guards that were left standing followed him.

America looked over to Terra and gave him a shrug before following after. It wasn't like she could let these people fight against foes they had no chance at defeating.

The keyblade wielder let out an exasperated sigh when Phoebus practically guilted them into helping him out. While he already wasn't fond of the man, Terra couldn't couldn't exactly stand idly by while people may have needed his help.

"If you really need our help that badly, I guess it can't hurt to go with you for a while."

As often as he became distracted with other things, it really was his job to help out people from other worlds. It was a duty he shouldn't ignore. He had done far too many unforgivable things already, and didn't want to add any more failures to the list.

While he chose not to tell Phoebus what his agenda was, he began to follow after him. While he walked, he side-glanced at America. While he had a chance, Terra decided he would again question her again about their enemies from before. "Where exactly do the Mindless Ones come from? It's worrying that a creature from another world would show up here..."

America was quiet for a moment looking at Terra before she responded.

"The Dark Dimension. And uh yeah worrying is one word for it." America had no response to Terra about how it was possible for the Mindless Ones to be here. It was rare for them to act by their own accord...someone was pulling their strings, but who that could be America had no clue.

Soon enough they would find themselves by the steps of the Notre Dame. "We'll be using the cathedral as our base of operation for the time being." Phoebus responded ordering the soldiers that were with them to guard the perimeter. To Terra and America he motioned them to follow him inside. "Come on in." Once inside they would find the woman who had been dancing on the stage and the hunchbacked man as well as a few soldiers.

"Phoebus!" The woman would run up to the captain and give him a hug, but she quickly pushed back and punched him on the shoulder. "What were you thinking going out there? You could've gotten yourself killed!"

"It's my job to protect this city against any threat. You worrying about me though is very much appreciated. I got these two to thank. If they weren't there then well things could've turned a lot more ugly." He responded motioning towards Terra and America.

"I'm happy that you were there to save my friend." The hunchback responded. "I'm Quasimodo, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"That goes double from me." The woman replied. "My name is Esmeralda."

"Ms America." The heroine responded. "So was there a reason why you brought us here?"

Phoebus nodded. "Yes, over here." On one of the nearby tables he had one of the soldiers roll out a map. "This is a map of the city. We need to figure out where those monsters came from and attack. We can't sit around and wait for another attack. There's no telling what the damage may be the next time they show up."

America lulled over the map for a moment. "...I have literally no idea."

"The Dark Dimension," Terra repeated, placing a hand on his chin as he thought over her words. "That... definitely does not sound good." He quieted afterwards, not sure what else he could ask her about them. America honestly seemed baffled, as if she didn't entirely understand the situation herself. It was at times like this Terra missed having a wise master to seek council from about confusing subjects. While he had lost his own master and had been betrayed by another, he still knew of one: Master Yen Sid. However, after all of the damage he had caused, Terra felt uncertain about visiting the man again... So, from here on out, Terra was certain he would be all on his own.

The keyblade warrior said nothing further until they arrived at the cathedral. He only spoke again when the others began introducing themselves. "Terra," he told them, saying nothing else for a little while after stating his name. He looked over the map with the group, a frown formed on his lips. He really wasn't sure how exactly he could help these people out. Not without knowing more about the creatures first.

"I'm not sure how I can help you. I've never seen these creatures before today. I know nothing about them. I just arrived into town and bumped into America before these things attacked. She seems to know more about them than me." Terra paused to look at the map again. He wanted to suggest they just sit around and wait for the creatures to show up again. Once sighted again, they could hit the monsters with everything they had. But that was his own mind talking, and his own thoughts seemed to be getting him into trouble as of late... How would Master Eraqus or Aqua handle a situation like this one?

"The more knowledge we have about them the better," Terra decided to say after a moment. "What are they after? Why are they aggressive in the first place? Where do these creatures like to go? Do they have any weaknesses? America, anything you have to tell us about them would be helpful. If you don't know anything else, well, I'm afraid we have no way of tracking them down. All we can do is keep an eye out to see if they show up again."

"We don't have the pleasure to sit around and roll our thumbs." Phoebus responded with a tinge of anger in his voice. "The longer we stand here the longer these monsters will destroy this city and terrorize its citizens!"

"Look all I know." America butted in before the captain of the guard had time to say anything else. "The Mindless Ones are well...it's in the name. They have someone pushing them, but who and how they got here is another thing entirely."

"That's not good enough!" Esmeralda shouted showing her displeasure as well. "You have to know more about!"

Before things could get any more heated Quasimodo would step between them all. "We are all friends here yes? I'm sure our visitors want to do everything they can to help us."

"We're not just gonna abandon you." America assured them. "It's just that...the whole situation's a bit balls."

Suddenly they could hear a commotion coming from outside the church doors as men started to shout and holler. The door would be pushed off its hinges as a soldier flew through landing on the ground next to the group. Phoebus reacted quickly and got down to check on him as a group of Mindless Ones walked through the entrance.

"The perfect position for a traitor like you." A menacing voice could be heard coming from behind the creatures. "On your knees." The chock on the three's faces was evident that they knew the man who was speaking.

"It can't be!" Quasimodo managed to stammer out. "You're dead! I saw you fall!"

"Not even the shackles of death could hold me, boy." The man emerged from behind the Mindless Ones.

"Not when there is still justice to be dealt."

"I never said we'd just sit around and roll our thumbs. I'm saying if we wait for them to come to us, we may have a better chance of finding them rather than bothering to carry out a pointless search. And, it's as she says, we won't abandon you." Even if he wasn't in the greatest mood and didn't really want to help anyone right now, it was his duty. Terra couldn't turn away these people if they needed him. A bit of bickering commenced between the group, but thankfully they didn't have long to discuss their situation before they were interrupted.

Terra glared at the mindless ones, along with their new arrival, quickly moving to step between Quasimodo and the menacing man who seemed to be with the mindless ones. At least now they wouldn't have to argue about how to find them, but now they had an additional problem.

"Who are you? What is the meaning of this!?" the keyblade apprentice exclaimed, materializing his blade into his hand.

"Divine justice!" The man exclaimed. "Once I was Claude Frollo, struck down by heathens and monsters." The former judge glared at Quasimodo and Esmeralda before continuing. "I have been reborn to burn the ones that wronged me!"

America just rolled her eyes at the man. "You just sound like another crazy chollo who needs to get his ass kicked."

"Bah! A mere child like you could not understand the cause I follow!" Frollo responded as he came closer to the group. "I am however a reasonable man. Hand over Esmeralda and the entire city wont be burned to ashes."

Phoebus had heard enough of this. "Not on your life, judge!" Pulling his sword he'd swipe down at Frollo only for the sword to pass harmlessly through him. "W-what are you?"

A sick grin crept up on Frollo's face as he grabbed the captain of the guard up by his throat. "I am the cleansing fire of justice made flesh!" As he said that his free arm sparked aflame. "And you have been a thorn in my side long enough, captain! Feel the fire cleanse you of all sin!" To save the captain someone had to react fast.

Gazing hard as he analyzed Frollo, Terra couldn't help but feel a small amount of understanding when it came to the madman. The wielder could sense darkness in his heart, a pit of blackness that was consuming it. People like him are stubborn, set in their ways and bound to stumble. People like him are lost and help. Terra knew so due to personal experience. Still, that didn't mean he should be allowed to roam free and hurt others. Some people were beyond helping.

Gripping hard on the hilt of his blade, Terra spoke out against the judge. "You'd burn the whole city to the ground over one girl? America's right; you are crazy. We aren't handing her over. Stop this, or we'll have no choice but to stop you."

Seeing that Captain Phoebus made a move first, Terra remained defensive until he would witness the man's sword pass through the judge without injuring him. The keyblade wielder gasped. "How-- Phoebus!" he cried, watching as the man would grab the Captain by his throat.

"Stop!" he cried, dashing toward the judge when he would spark flames from his arm. He rushed into Phoebus, hoping to knock him free from the man's hold, before slashing the judge with his Earthshaker Keyblade. He fully expected his weapon to phase through the man just as the Captain's had done, but still he had to try something!

Frollo's grip of the captain loosened as Terra made his move pushing the man back and allowing Captain Phoebus to escape, albeit clutching his throat in pain gasping for air. It seemed that Frollo still wasn't quite accustomed to his powers seeing how Terra had managed to catch him by surprise.

America too took a chance and flew towards him only for Frollo to put up a wall of flame between him and the group. "ENOUGH!" The anger in his voice seemed to cause the flames to grow ever higher. "You have all until tonight to decide your fate. Give me Esmeralda. Or the city will be purged from all sin in righteous fire!" The flames whipped against his face giving him a sinister look. "Is one life worth an entire city?" Frollo smirked. "I think we all know the answer."

Frollo vanished into the fire and the still standing Mindless Ones took their leave until the only ones left were the original group.

"That could have gone a lot better." America finally responded-

Esmeralda had in the meanwhile gone to Phoebus' side to cheek him over. "I have to turn myself in to him." She responded.

"Are you crazy?!" Her beloved responded in shock. "Who knows what he'll do to you!"

"We know what he will do if I don't go to him." Her heart ached but she knew that giving herself up was the only way to save Phoebus and the city.

Quasimodo looked around with a concerned look. "A-Are we sure there is nothing we can do?"

"Of course." America responded. "We kick his scrawny little ass into the ground."

In a surprising turn of events, Terra found himself able to free the Captain. Although Phoebus was in pain, at least he had some time to get away. Terra jumped back, just in time for America to fly towards the judge and be blocked by a wall of flames. The young keyblade wielder gritted his teeth in response to the man's words, shaking his head in disagreement.

"The only one in this city that needs their sins purged is you," Terra hissed, gripping his keyblade with both hands as he would prepare for an attack of charged energy. Only this time, he wouldn't be able to hit the man. Vanishing into the flames, Frollo would be gone before anyone else in their group could make another move.

"Well, that's just great," Terra grumbled, allowing his weapon to vanish from his hands now that they were no longer being attacked. He turned to Esmeralda afterwards. "The Captain is right. Giving you over isn't our best option here, but we have to do something." Terra paused in order to think, knowing at a time like this Aqua would be able to come up with a plan. What could they do?

"I'm with America. I think we should fight him so we can stop him once and for all. If any of you have any bright ideas now would be the time to say them," he added, thinking of one idea he was unsure the others would agree with. "He wants Esmeralda. We could lure him to us by using her."

Phoebus didn't like the sound of that. "No, we're not going to risk the safety of Esmeralda! I forbid it!"

Esmeralda on the other hand didn't like the sound of that. "You do not get to decide what I will and will not do! It's the only way!"

"But we don't have the means to fight him! Those powers, he's supernatural!"

"Sorry to burst your bubble." America said pointing towards herself and Terra. "That's why you got us here."

"...While both of you are strong in your own right. The man is now the very flames themselves! Not to mention his mindless slaves. How are we going to do anything to stop him?" Phoebus responded, clearly concerned for the safety of his betrothed and the city.

"Easy." America smirked.

"How do you kill fire? With water."

Phoebus wasn't quite sure what she was going with this. "Well...yes but."

"If Frollo wants her he's going to have to come and take her on our terms. What would you say is a good place that gives us an edge?"

Phoebus pondered the question but it was Quasimodo who answered. "The Pont Neuf. It's the oldest bridge in the city. Water on each side...that could be the trick."

America nodded. "That might just be it. Captain, get your soldiers to start a rumor mill. We're gonna ambush that pendejo give him a good punch in the face."

"Cut that out," Terra snapped when the pair would begin to argue. The wielder wasn't surprised that Phoebus in particular wasn't pleased with his idea, but what else could they really do? Thankfully, America would sooth their bickering with a good idea involving water. Terra gave a supportive nod, agreeing with the plan they pieced together.

This just might work," the male commented, thoughtfully placing a hand on his chin. "He's powerful, so we should still be prepared for a fight whether we can get him in the water or not, but there's a good chance we can pull this off. Even if we can just weaken him, it'll make this easier."

Glancing to Phoebus he would add, "As America said, we'll leave you and your soldiers to get this started. In the mean time, we'll wait to ambush him when the time is right."

Phoebus looked like he was going to object one final time but only ended up nodding. "Alright...I'll get my men on it. I'm not going to leave you out of my sight for the mean time Esmeralda."

"I'm glad you finally saw reason." She responded and gave him a kiss. "I'm going to be fine. Especially with these two here." She said motioning towards America and Terra.

"You know it." America responded before turning her attention to Terra. "Come on home slice. Let's see if we can find a good hiding spot at the bridge before our little meeting there later."

"Right, I'm ready when you are," Terra replied to America, giving her a small nod before glancing to the doors. He began to head out when his comrade was ready, careful to keep his guard up once the doors were opened. It was rare for the male to relax, and right now was no exception. He still had a lot of things on his mind, including the fact he still needed to locate the missing parts of his glider so he could leave this world.

"I hope this is over tonight," Terra muttered, looking straight ahead. "I need to search for my glider parts and re-assemble them soon so I can leave this place. It's not that the problems of this world aren't important, but... I have important things to do somewhere else."

"Uh-huh..." America was only half listening to Terra as they stepped out on the cathedrals steps. With out warning she'd grab Terra around his waist and flew into the sky. "No time to waste. You sound like you're in a hurry anyway so..."

It wasn't long until they reached the bridge. America flew down on a nearby roof. Secluded enough to not be spotted by any stray Mindless Ones, but close enough to have a clear sight of the bridge. "And now we wait." There wasn't much else they could do until everything fell into place.

"Though I've never been much of a waiter. They better turn up soon because I really need to punch someone."

Unprepared when America would grab him, a gasp escaped Terra's lips. "Whoa, hey!" he spat out, flailing his arms for a few seconds before his body became accustomed to the feeling of being in open air.

He relaxed when America would land on the top of a roof, releasing him for the time being. Folding his arms, the male would nod in agreement with his comrade. "I can agree with you there. I don't care for waiting, especially now of all times. My friends are in danger. I need to get back to them before it's too late."

Terra gazed down at the bridge, narrowing his eyes as he watched the water move beneath it. "Why did you come to this world?" he suddenly asked. "I've only known keyblade wielders who can travel between worlds. I've never met a traveler from another world who isn't one."

"A real bummer finding you're not really special, huh?" America asked Terra as she sat down leaning against the roof. "I wasn't heading here. I've always been able to travel through dimensions, but now I can also go through time." She sighed before continuing.

"I just thought my powers were on the fritz. But something pulled me in and now I can't leave, and I have no idea why." She shrugged. "Hey doesn't matter. Good that I'm here so that we can kick some ass."

A momentary grimace would cross Terra's features when he would hear America's comment, shaking his head in disagreement afterwards. "It's not that I'm worried about being special it's just--" The young man paused for a moment, trying to pinpoint his exact feeling on the matter. "It's just another reminder of how little I actually know about the world outside my own home."

Master was right not to grant me my own mastery. I'm not ready, for so many reasons...

original.png

"I can't leave either, so we have that in common," Terra would reply after hearing America state the same thing. "I don't mind a battle either. I just hope it's soon," he added, keeping up his rather reserved, stiff behavior. Despite his reply, Terra loved fighting. He just wasn't in the mood to get excited over a good battle after all he had been through.

"What are your plans after taking care of the problem trapping you in this world? Will you move on?" he questioned. Did she have family or friends somewhere out there like he did? Or was she just a lone wanderer? He was rather curious about this woman and her mysterious abilities.

"One problem at the time." America responded. "And it looks like that problem is about to get rolling." Getting into cover they would spot Esmeralda be escorted to the bridge by two guards.

They surveyed the area with a look of concern, but Esmeralda gave them a confident nod and sent them on their way. Soon enough after a moment of silence Terra and America spotted a number of Mindless Ones and Frollo coming down the opposite end of the bridge.

Frollo didn't seem to expect any subterfuge as he stepped out on the bridge towards Esmeralda.

"Here's the plan. I fly right into him so that we both fall in the water and you take care of the Mindless Ones. Sound okay to you?" America whispered over to Terra.

The man gave America a small nod, focusing his attention solely on the bridge when she pointed out Esmeralda being escorted. The woman seemed comfortable enough and looked ready. So far so good. Terra looked to America again when she whispered her plan, flashing his gaze back to the bridge again afterwards. "Got it. Go when you're ready, and I'll follow your lead. Let's do this." the keyblade wielder whispered back. He rolled back his shoulders, feeling more than ready for this fight to begin.

"Then we go now," America replied shooting off like a missile from the roof and hitting Frollo head on as they crashed into the water.

Esmeralda tried to use the attack as her escape but her path was blocked by two Mindless Ones that were coming towards her. They did not seem keen on letting her escape so easily.

Following suit, Terra leapt off the roof after summoning his keyblade and set his sights on the Mindless Ones. He rushed after two in particular, the ones who were persistent about blocking Esmeralda from escaping.

"Get behind me; I'll take care of them," he said to the young woman before carefully stepping in front of her.

ThirstyShoddyEasteuropeanshepherd-max-1mb.gif

He then went to attack one of the Mindless Ones, leaping into the air before slamming his keyblade into the enemy

Esmeralda nodded as she took a step back allowing Terra more free reign against the creatures. The one that Terra attacked would crumble with Terra's blow leaving only one to try and hit him with a vicious haymaker.

At the same time more Mindless Ones emerged on the streets but they would be accosted by the sudden appearance of Phoebus and his guard.

America meanwhile was fighting against Frollo in the ice cold water. The gambit had paid off since Frollo seemingly did not have the capacity to ignite in the water, which allowed the universe hopping teen to wail on him freely. It seemed however that fire was not his only power because clearly hurting him her blows were not enough to incapacitate him as Frollo struggled to get back to the surface to get some air in his lungs. America meanwhile didn't have to worry since she was capable to survive in space with out aid. Frollo on the other hand did not seem to have that boon in his favor.

When the enemy would crumble from a swing of Terra’s keyblade, the young apprentice would have no time before he quickly had to jump glance back in attempt to dodge an attack from another Mindless One. If successful, he readied for another attack, shooting a rapid-fire look back at Esmeralda first to make certain she was alright. After affirming that she was okay, he tightened the grip he had on his blade, unleashing a jump slash attack against the creature. Things seemed to be going well so far, but not even for a second did he let his guard down. He couldn’t relax while there was still work to be done.

The Mindless Ones that Terra were facing were not bred of hearty stock and were quickly incapacitated by Terra. The fight on the surface seemed to be going fine...but what about the one in the water?

A booming sound erupted as Frollo broke through the surface of the water and landed not too far from Terra with America after him in hot pursuit. "C-Curses..." Frollo lamented getting up on shaking feet. "To be bested...by a mere girl..." He began to sizzle again, which America noticed.

"Oh no you don't loco sacerdote!"
She burst towards him ready to punch when suddenly she felt something pulling her in. "What?"

"Hahaha! Foolish child!" A portal started to open behind the two. "Finally I have you in my grasp!" Before America could do anything Frollo grabbed her and pulled her into the portal.

"Terr-!"
That was the last thing she managed to utter before the portal closed on him. Now it was only Terra, Esmeralda and the guards left. Even the Mindless Ones seemed to have all disappeared. Like they had never been there to begin with. It seemed that Frollo's plan was to grab America all along...but how could Frollo possibly have been able to pull her into this world, and what had Terra been? Just a bystander caught in the crossfire? As it was now Terra was going to have a lot of unsolved questions on his head.

Esmeralda walked up to Terra and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I...I'm sorry about your friend."

With the mindless ones outmatched by Terra, the keyblade wielder found himself with enough time to be fully alert to the booming sound everyone would hear from Frollo. He had little time to react, however when America would charge at Frollo and instead of landing her punch, would find herself sucked into a portal with the madman. "America!" he called out, rushing toward the woman, only to skid to a stop when the portal would close. "No," he whispered to himself, refusing to look away from where they had been until Esmeralda placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sure she'll be alright," he reassured for both Esmeralda and himself. Where America had disappeared to with Frollo he hadn't a clue, but she was a traveler like him. The young man was certain she could take care of herself no matter where she ended up. Admittedly, he did feel a bit guilty though. Terra didn't exactly have a good track record when it came to protecting his friends, and once again he had failed to help one of them. Despite the fact he felt this way, it wouldn't show on his stony expression.

"What about you?" Terra asked, turning to Esmeralda. "Are you alright?"

Esmeralda nodded. "I'm fine, really." She looked over to where they had fought the Mindless Ones and Frollo. "You saved Paris, everyone in this city owes a debt to you and America. No matter what walk of life."

As they were speaking Terra felt something weird. A rapport to his glider, but hadn't it been destroyed? Before he could think about it more Pheobus arrived on horseback. Jumping off he'd give Esmeralda a hug. "I guess with all of this taken care of, you'll be leaving us too?" He asked Terra.​

@Neko Shogun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back