Status
Not open for further replies.
Misaka glared daggers in Aoko's direction but otherwise didn't bother to react. She really had no idea what she could or could not do in terms of messing with time and all that nonsense. Considering she knew that Academy City would be visited eventually by her past self, it seemed best to not mention that it was reachable by some strange matter.

"Is that so..." Lalonde said, still sounding amused. To Misaka, the woman almost sounded like she was slurring. Was she drunk? "Wait, secret agents, right? Hehe, okay then! Radio silence for now, but you better update me as soon as possible! Ro-- Erm, Lalonde out!" The woman's voice then cut out, taking the static with it.

"That wasn't as helpful as I'd thought it would be," Misaka mumbled. She could have almost described it as demoralizing.

@Ver @Neko Shogun @Jeremi @Josh @York

Sophie nodded quietly, eyeing Ilona's arm a little sheepishly. Of course, she wanted to help treat the injury so it wouldn't develop into anything more serious. However, seeing that Ilona was able to heal it herself, she could only manage a helpless smile, especially as she realized Aoko already more or less had their group figured out.

All she could do was blush a little, realizing that they had already been found out at the beginning of their journey. At least they hadn't been discovered by someone more... Troublesome, so perhaps it was for the best it was Aoko, out of all the others that had found them out. Besides, being a guardian of space-time and all, perhaps she could provide a little extra... Firepower, so to speak, if they were to deal with enemies like the woman from before.

Though now... They had a little downtime as they waited, mostly for Lalonde to get a lock on Junko's position, Sophie really wasn't sure what to do. Usually in "adventures" like this she would be occupying herself with helping others... Fighting... And actually, usually both.

Now she was... In a bit of a pickle so to speak. They didn't have much to do other than converse, and... Sophie wouldn't consider herself to be a very great person at maintaining, or even starting conversations in the first place.

"A predetermined fate... Do you... Believe in that?" She asked... Though she wasn't really talking to anyone in particular.

In a way... Sophie was thinking out loud, recalling the events that had lead her to the Coalition... And even before that... What had taken Simon's life. Since then, she had discovered countless Universes, many that were brimming with alternate possibilities, what could have been in one Universe, that happened in another. Even with a theoretically infinite amount of potential outcomes is... There really such thing as a predetermined fate, one that spans the multiverse?

One could go crazy thinking about it for too long, really.

@Ver @Neko Shogun @Jeremi @Josh @Atomic Knight

Last edited:
Aoko06.png

"Aha, I see, I see," Aoko nodded to Ilona happily, "So you can relate to being a nomadic protector of space-time, eh? Can't believe I've officially met more fellow space-time guardians than magicians!" She continued with a soft laugh, "Of course, perhaps my methods are a bit smaller scale since I'm more concerned with the affairs of my own world, but hey, it is what it is. And it's fine, Ms. Oxton! Or... Lena, was it? Discretion's only natural with assignments like these, I'm sure. That's another part I can relate to."

Even before getting mixed up in the affairs of the Murder Games, a space-time protector was something Aoko fancied herself as, considering it was the domain she presided over as the Fifth Magician. Even if she was also pretty much the greatest threat to her own space and time, but of course, no need to worry about semantics. It was only by chance that she ended up playing a part in the Arch Demon's Downfall, but even so, she didn't care too much to toot her own horn and promote herself to Multidimensional Protector. That was too big a responsibility for her.

When Ilona mentioned the familiarity of her name, the redhead found herself a bit perplexed, but her spirits kept up. "Mm? Is that so? I don't think I've seen someone like you before; I'd certainly remember such a pretty face! Though, it is a bit strange. Maybe you heard about my name through the grapevine! Wouldn't be all that weird, between that blue-haired dame from the Church encountering one, and even dear Shiki. Guess it's only natural though that this world has a natural affinity for being drawn toward interdimensional events."

Meanwhile, Sion could only gasp, trying unsuccessfully to talk as Mom slurred throughout before abruptly hanging up. The ODMA agent sighed tiredly, shaking her head.

Sion04.png

"Indeed. It is a bit of a pain, but perhaps this is Ms. Lalonde's way of testing us," Sion said, as though sure that Mom was simply motivating them to work for their own results, "In any case, now that we're on the hilltop, we shouldn't waste any time. Let us proceed with our second attempt to track Ms. Enoshima's energy. Ms. Misaka, Ms. Ilona, whenever you're ready."

@Atomic Knight @Neko Shogun @Jeremi @Josh @York

cute_smile_by_kwkatz09-db340s0.png

"Ah, I wouldn't say being a nomadic protector of space-time is something I can relate to. It would be more accurate to say that the term defines who I am," Ilona stated in reply, a calm smile on her lips. She already liked Aoko's cheerful nature and was quickly becoming more comfortable with her presence--whether the others felt the same way or not. Naturally trusting as she was, it still seemed a bit easier to become at ease with this mysterious red-haired woman.

Nodding at Aoko's words Ilona replied with, "Yes, I suppose there is even a rather good chance I've read your name in a book or-- Huh, wait? Shiki?" The blonde's blue eyes widened and she found herself caught off guard by the name Aoko had mentioned. "Are you speaking of Sir Shiki Tohno? I know him! It's been quite some time since I've last seen him. How is he doing? Has he mentioned me before, I wonder? I--"

Ilona cut herself off, a bullet of realization hitting her in the forehead. Heat of embarrassment rose into her head and a small pit turned in her stomach. How could she be so air headed? Even if Aoko knew Shiki, he would be the young man from this period of time--aka a younger version of Shiki she hadn't met yet.

embarrassed_by_ellisaire_dawgcpm_by_kwkatz09-dawsqga.png

"Um, sorry, forget I said that. Ha ha-- HUH?"

Ilona straightened her back at the sound of her name, realizing the summons had come from a very mission-focused looking Sion. Now she felt even more embarrassed. Having been distracted by Aoko, Ilona had no idea what Sion had said. "Sorry, milady, I didn't quite catch that. Did we... manage to contact Miss Lalonde?"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Josh @Jeremi @York

cute_smile_by_kwkatz09-db340s0.png

"Ah, I wouldn't say being a nomadic protector of space-time is something I can relate to. It would be more accurate to say that the term defines who I am," Ilona stated in reply, a calm smile on her lips. She already liked Aoko's cheerful nature and was quickly becoming more comfortable with her presence--whether the others felt the same way or not. Naturally trusting as she was, it still seemed a bit easier to become at ease with this mysterious red-haired woman.

Nodding at Aoko's words Ilona replied with, "Yes, I suppose there is even a rather good chance I've read your name in a book or-- Huh, wait? Shiki?" The blonde's blue eyes widened and she found herself caught off guard by the name Aoko had mentioned. "Are you speaking of Sir Shiki Tohno? I know him! It's been quite some time since I've last seen him. How is he doing? Has he mentioned me before, I wonder? I--"

Ilona cut herself off, a bullet of realization hitting her in the forehead. Heat of embarrassment rose into her head and a small pit turned in her stomach. How could she be so air headed? Even if Aoko knew Shiki, he would be the young man from this period of time--aka a younger version of Shiki she hadn't met yet.

embarrassed_by_ellisaire_dawgcpm_by_kwkatz09-dawsqga.png

"Um, sorry, forget I said that. Ha ha-- HUH?"

Ilona straightened her back at the sound of her name, realizing the summons had come from a very mission-focused looking Sion. Now she felt even more embarrassed. Having been distracted by Aoko, Ilona had no idea what Sion had said. "Sorry, milady, I didn't quite catch that. Did we... manage to contact Miss Lalonde?"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Josh @Jeremi @York

"She sounded like she was in a hurry or somethin'."
Tracer replied. "Or like sputterin', maybe it's just a bad connection?" She helpfully added.

Aoko06.png

"Aha, I see, I see," Aoko nodded to Ilona happily, "So you can relate to being a nomadic protector of space-time, eh? Can't believe I've officially met more fellow space-time guardians than magicians!" She continued with a soft laugh, "Of course, perhaps my methods are a bit smaller scale since I'm more concerned with the affairs of my own world, but hey, it is what it is. And it's fine, Ms. Oxton! Or... Lena, was it? Discretion's only natural with assignments like these, I'm sure. That's another part I can relate to."

Even before getting mixed up in the affairs of the Murder Games, a space-time protector was something Aoko fancied herself as, considering it was the domain she presided over as the Fifth Magician. Even if she was also pretty much the greatest threat to her own space and time, but of course, no need to worry about semantics. It was only by chance that she ended up playing a part in the Arch Demon's Downfall, but even so, she didn't care too much to toot her own horn and promote herself to Multidimensional Protector. That was too big a responsibility for her.

When Ilona mentioned the familiarity of her name, the redhead found herself a bit perplexed, but her spirits kept up. "Mm? Is that so? I don't think I've seen someone like you before; I'd certainly remember such a pretty face! Though, it is a bit strange. Maybe you heard about my name through the grapevine! Wouldn't be all that weird, between that blue-haired dame from the Church encountering one, and even dear Shiki. Guess it's only natural though that this world has a natural affinity for being drawn toward interdimensional events."

Meanwhile, Sion could only gasp, trying unsuccessfully to talk as Mom slurred throughout before abruptly hanging up. The ODMA agent sighed tiredly, shaking her head.

Sion04.png

"Indeed. It is a bit of a pain, but perhaps this is Ms. Lalonde's way of testing us," Sion said, as though sure that Mom was simply motivating them to work for their own results, "In any case, now that we're on the hilltop, we shouldn't waste any time. Let us proceed with our second attempt to track Ms. Enoshima's energy. Ms. Misaka, Ms. Ilona, whenever you're ready."

"Oh we're movin' on?"
Tracer asked a cheerful smile on her face. "I'm totally up for that!"

Hovering above the group, Starman gazed at tree. It seemed he was lost in thought like normal, suddenly, his head tilted. Turning to group, he slowly came down. Sounding sane, Thom spoke.

"I agree. We only have so much time. My mind....it keeps slipping from me. I can't afford to lose track of it."

@Atomic Knight @Neko Shogun @Jeremi @ver @York

"Is

It was probably for the best that no-one seemed to have heard what Sophie said. She had let her mind wander a bit too much amidst all the commotion, but as she was trying to get her bearings on the situation again, she couldn't help but eavesdrop a little on Aoko and Ilona's conversation.

For an unexplained reason, Sophie felt a distinct, twinge of jealousy when Ilona mentioned Shiki... Who she had heard more than a little about, her cheeks also flushing red a little, but... For a different reason than Ilona's.

Eventually though, Sophie snapped herself out of her train of thought before she got too carried away, fingering her switch-blade in her pocket. She wasn't sure how much that, nor her pistol, especially with limited ammunition would actually help them, but she had a feeling they didn't see the last of foes as strong as the one they had recently fought.

For now, her attention was soon directed towards what Lalonde said, frowning a little. The last message definitely wasn't very helpfull, but, she figured Sion's suggestion would at least help them make some progress until Lalonde could either give them some clearer information... Or at the very least, sobered up.

Eyeing ths Starman briefly, taking note of the potential urgency of the situation, she finally turned back to Ilona, patting her shoulder a little.

"She wants you to look for Ms Enoshima again."
She said quietly, though she paused for a moment contemplating about the Lalonde situation.

"I think Lalonde needs a little more... Time." She added.

Of course she was relatively confident that Lalonde could take care of herself for the most part, Sophie did wonder if there was something... Odd going on back at the Coalition.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Josh @Jeremi @Neko Shogun

Last edited:
Sion01.png

"Mr. Kallor, do try your best at least to keep your wits about. You're a professional, aren't you? At least, so Ms. Waller claimed. I suggest you begin to act like one; the event of you going rogue is not an ideal one for me to consider, especially in a mission such as this," Sion said to Starman with a strict tone of voice. She felt a bit foolish to even find herself without at least two backup plans with linear calculations on the expected events with a wildcard variable like Starman; after all, the very moment they met, he presumed to have known her from somewhere.

Of course, loath as Sion was to admit it, this was hardly the time to start thinking now. She'd have to wait until they were on the move again with a clear destination in mind before thinking over what to do with Thom if any action became... necessary. In the meantime, to Ilona, Sion gave a curt nod.

"Indeed. However, it was only for a very brief window of time, and she was unable to... provide us with any useful intel, so for all intents and purposes, we're on our own. However, fret not. So long as we operate within expected parameters, we should be able to complete the mission according to my calculations," she said, "To that end, I--"

"Oh, so you do know dear Shiki? How many girls does that boy have at his door? Especially such a pretty little thing as you," Aoko said to Ilona in a jocular tone, letting out a light laugh and placing a hand on her hip as she spoke, "But if you must know, as far as I could tell you, dear Shiki is... quite troubled. But perhaps it's normal for a boy his age. Growing pains, frustrations... You know, eh? Oh, and I suppose the occasional contemplating of the intrinsic worth of his life. Y'know. Boring stuff."

Ahem.

Clearing her throat, less than pleased with Aoko interrupting her without a single care, Sion made her presence known again. "It is as Sophie says. Now that we're finally atop this hill, you have a better chance of scanning the area for Ms. Enoshima's energy. I'm certain that if you concentrate hard enough, you'll be able to find it," she said with a dispassionate voice despite her encouraging words. To that end, perhaps Sion might have realized how impersonal she might have come off, and let out a brief sigh, before placing her hand on Ilona's shoulder and looking her in the eye. "I believe in you."

This probably only made Sion come off even more intense than necessary.

@Neko Shogun @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @York @Josh

happy_confused_smile_by_kwkatz09-db54gg7.png

“Ah, I see. I thank you for explaining what I missed,” Ilona replied to Tracer, Sophie, and Sion—who had been patient enough to relay to her what they had heard. She sheepishly wrapped a gold strand of hair around one of her fingers, while feeling a small pang of guilt in her chest for not paying complete attention. Has Miss Lalonde been able to relay a message, she should’ve focused on it. Their mission was very important and she needed to be certain of its important details at all times.

Ilona couldn’t really help it though; she was a person who was easy to distract—especially when conversing about a topic she liked. With good intentions, the blonde attempted to pay attention to Sion once more. But this attempt would also be in vain when Aoko would cut off the woman before she could finish speaking. The topic of Shiki had once again lured her distracted mind away like a bird to a worm.

Cheeks flushed as red as her own coat, Ilona responded, “A-At his door? Oh, you're mistaken miss! It isn't as if I pine after him! He's a trusted friend whom I greatly respect.” The scarlet blush on the girl's face didn't make her reply very convincing. “Oh, but I haven’t even seen him in... some time.” Her expression briefly fell. “It’s disheartening to hear he is troubled." It really was a shame. Trouble seemed to follow the poor guy. Ilona may not have known all of his struggles, but she understood how it felt to have issues seem to follow you.

"I only wish I could do something to cheer him up or, at the very least, visit him, but--”

Ilona cut herself off, shooting a sheepish smile at a somewhat disgruntled Sion after she would clear her throat.

Shoot, she did it again, didn't she?

"Y-Yes, but of course!" Ilona chirped, tensing her body upon feeling Sion place a hand on her shoulder.

The woman believed in her? Haha... no pressure.

For a moment, if she could manage, the time traveler attempted to block out the others and closed her blue eyes. She took in a breath of air through her nose, releasing it through her mouth. She tried to focus on Junko's signature of energy, inwardly a bit worried this wouldn't work. Or worse. What if she found herself distracted and ended up taking the group to the wrong individual? Like an enemy or, oh god, Shiki. Jeez, now she was just making herself nervous.

But, after a few seconds, Ilona felt the warm glow of a power brush against her own senses. Keeping her eyes closed, she pointed a finger in the direction of the power--directing the others as if she were a human compass.

"Mayhaps she is in this direction?"

I think?

Ilona bit her lower lip.

She didn't feel entirely certain.

@Ver @Jeremi @Josh @Atomic Knight @York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back