Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Tiranoth: Uisgare Beach

Fishman

Broseidon
Benefactor
"Dave, I can't believe you've done this."

"Love, there wa'nt anythin' else to do! If I'd of carried 'im to Durga she'd of up and killed him and I can't have that weighin' on my conscience!"

"Oh, so your first thought was 'let me bring this murderous soldier man with a big fuckin' sword and a big fuckin' gun to my dear, beautiful, delicate sister who happens to be mortal.' Smart thinkin' Dave. You think things through like you always do."

"Well, you being mortal is kinda why... you know... I thought he'd have an easier time. Plus, we took the gun and the sword away."

"Yes, because him stranglin' me with his big, meaty sausage hands is much better! Get the fuck out of my house, Dave. I swear to the Gods Beyond and the Gate that I'll put you before them on your knees, where not even the Vergobret can find you!"

"... I'm gone, I'm gone! Just... don't let anyone know!"

"I'll do what I damn well please if you don't get the fuck out right now, Dave."

There were a few hesitant steps before the slam of a door reached the ears of the paladin. Upon waking up, he'd find himself staring at a tiled wall in an immaculate, sterile white room. He laid onto a soft cot that was mildly uncomfortable and flimsy. There was a table on his left with a small lamp that had no bulb though it emanated a soft light.

Sat beside him was a woman. She looked worn and her skin had a slight leathery appearance from baking in the sun, but otherwise she looked healthy. Alive. With a cascade of curly red hair falling over her shoulder and a mess of freckles dashed over dimples in her cheeks, she was even pretty by some standards.

"Good mornin', sleepyhead. You've been out for a while. Don't be startled, you're at a local clinic. You've got a tough bandage for that knock in yer head. How are you feelin'?"

Last edited:
Bas heard voices and a slamming door as he slowly started to come around. He opened his eyes, and took in the surroundings, even though his head swam and a groan escaped him while he tried to get some awareness. Someone was talking... A woman. Remembering everything had him sit up a little too fast and the pounding and sudden movement made him feel sick and dizzy.

"Someone assaulted me..." Bas spoke as his hand moved to his head. God.... did it hurt.

Once things were back in focus and not swimming, Bas looked at the woman, assessing the situation before realising that his sword and gun were gone.

"Where are my weapons? My sword and gun?" He stood up, stumbling slightly as everything once more span, uneasy on his feet and almost losing his balance. He frowned. "I need to leave."

He needed to leave now.

The woman put a hand on the paladin's chest, trying to ease him back down on the cot. "Calm, now, calm. You took a good knock on the head. You don't need to be leavin' anywhere. Your weapons are in the next room, but you're in no condition to be wieldin' them. Here, I'll put on some tea, and while it's brewin' you can ask me all the questions you'd like, so long as you decide to keep restin'. I can't have a man bleedin' out from a head wound swingin' a piece of metal around and have people think this is a sane place to be!"

She was telling him he didn't need to leave yet, but if he wasn't at the hospital in Lutetia then he needed to go. Now. And this definitely didn't look like the Lutetian hospital.

"I do need to leave. I need to get back. I feel fine." That was a lie and it had been easy for the woman to at least get him sitting on the cot as he was unsteady on his feet.

"Where am I?" Was Bas' first question. Quickly followed by the next; "How long have I been out for?"

"I'm tellin' you that you don't need to worry about that right now. You need to get somethin' in your stomach. It's only been a day since you were found out cold in the woods."

She quickly disappeared into the next room and came back with a bowl filled with soup- some kind of meaty broth with noodles. "Here, have some. You must be starvin', really."

"I wasn't in the woods." Bas was certain of it. God did his head pound. But he was sure he remembered what happened just as he was attacked. He'd been to a village watching people...

"I'll eat but then I'm leaving. I'll sign myself out. I need to get back and write up a report on what happened."

Bas took the soup, realising how hungry he was when his stomach rumbled. He must have been out for a while. That much was true. What she said about been found in the woods couldn't have been. Not unless he'd been taken there first, but why would he have been found with his weapons still if he'd been taken there?

It didn't make sense.

"No, don't be so hasty. You paladin folk don't know the meaning of slow down, do you? Your head took quite the whack. Might be a hairline fracture, and you'll only make it worse by strainin' yourself. Just work on makin' sure the room ain't swimmin' for ya, alright?"

She was trying awfully hard to make sure that he wasn't going anywhere, especially outside of this room.

"I'll be better off at home than here." Bas answered warily.

Something didn't feel right. He sat there eating the broth, making sure that he spent time thinking over the situation. Once he was done, he decided that he was leaving. He was bigger than the woman so he doubted that she could or would try to stop him.

And if there was nothing to hide, then she wouldn't stop him, either.

"Right, time to go. Thanks for fixing me up and all, but I really do need to get out of here. So if you give me my sword and gun, I'll just get out of your way." Bas stood up and tried not to sway. He needed to leave. Now.

"Oh, you know, I've always heard that you paladins are stubborn." The woman crossed her arms and frowned. "Sit down. I can't discharge you with a head injury like that. Especially to wield a weapon. You're gon' to get yourself hurt. Now sit, rest, and stop yer worryin'. You're in good hands. You'll be good in no time, and we can probably phone the Order if you like. Let them know you're here."

"You don't need to discharge me. I'm discharging myself. Now, either you get me my weapons or I'll go hunting for them myself."

Bas wasn't having any of this. He wasn't going to call the Order. He was leaving. He seemed to be steadier on his feet and not feeling like he was going to suddenly topple over. That was good.

With that, he moved for the door, still a little unsteady with the movement, but he didn't care. He wanted out.

Back