Side Story To Boldly Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
s everyone had materialized they found themselves in a cargo area of some sort. The ship felt sterile and cold but they didn’t seem to have tripped any alarms just yet. Kirk and his crew had pulled out their phasers. “Set phasers on their highest setting. If what the Doctor told us then I believe these beings are not to be reasoned with.”

“You’re quite right about that,” The Doctor remarked. “The only thing the Cybermen care about is cyber-convert any living being into soulless drones just like they are. Do not try to engage. We’re here to recue those that we can and get out of here however…it is weird how they are still orbiting the planet. If they already had everyone they would’ve just left.” Seemed like there was more to this then anyone knew.
Technology? Draining the souls of men? It wasn't news to Tony. It was a theme he was well-versed him. What impressed him wasn't the nature of the Cyber Operation, but its scope and scale. A ship, propelled through the expanses space, silent and endless. It was stunning. There was no other word for it. His jaw was slack and swinging. The People of his world had barely returning from their first trips to the moon. The Apollo 11 was yet to brown and rust, its engines still warm and polished. 1969. His college years were still fresh in his mind, despite the late nights and parties. That footage was fresher still. A man, leaping about the place in a large, white, mechanical suit. He could have done better. But he could never had done this much better.
View attachment 9165
"Incredible..." Tony muttered, his eyes undressing the Cyberman ship. "The things I could do with a place like this... Set up a lava lamp over here, throw a day-bed over there, take down the neon 'its a trap' sign that's hanging over our heads, and I bet this place would look almost homely..."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Space_Candy @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @PolikShadowbliss @Ver @Chaos Sphere

The Doctor sighed and rubbed his eyes in frustration. “I suppose you’re right, Tsutomu was it? Let’s return to the captain to try and figure it out.”

And so they did. Kirk and his crew did their best in trying to figure out the situations but there were no new leads for them to follow. So they set up the group in the cargo room where they housed the TARDIS. Kirk promised that after they had reached the space station for repairs they’d contact Starfleet at large to try and help them.

Time in space was hard to figure out but it certainly felt like almost a day passed by resting and navigating the Enterprise. Some of the group even found a bowling alley on one of the decks.

The Doctor felt best to not let anyone travel too far into the TARDIS. There were too many winding corridors and passages making it very easy to get lost inside.

Wherever the group was they’d soon hear an alarm blaring through the Enterprise followed by Kirk’s words.

All of our guests…report to the bridge.

The bridge area didn’t seem like much as they entered, some later than others. After all it wasn’t like Kirk had shared where it was after all. As they stepped in the Captain got out of his chair and faced them.

tumblr-inline-npm90x-D0o11tvpnq8-100.jpg

“Thank you all for coming. We seemed to have stumbled into yet another situation.” Kirk motioned them to follow to what seemed to be the only woman on the bridge at the moment. “Uhura, play that message one more time.”

“Right away, captain.” A few button presses later and a recording started playing. It sounded like a woman on the other end.

“Please any ship in the vicinity! We are being attacked! Please they’ve already broken through our defenses-” A sound of a crash in the background as the woman screams in fear. “No get back! Get ba-!” The transmission ended there.

“We picked up the transmission not too long ago. The distress signal is very close and we can not let this go with out investigating. I understand we promised all of you to reach the station but-” The Doctor stopped him from continuing.

“I think I speak for everyone here when I say rescuing these people take precedence.”

Kirk nodded. “We’ll be there in just a moment. Keep it steady.”

As the ship escaped warp they’d stand face to with the planet, and something else.

A massive spaceship.

“Oh no…” The Doctor looked in shock at the screen. “I know that ship! That’s a Cyber-carrier!”

“Cyber-what?” Kirk asked surprised.

“Cyber-carrier! That’s a ship of the Cybermen! Nasty piece of work, they are natives to my world, which begs the question how they are here?”

“That’s something we are going to have to figure out. Mr. Spock! Status planet side?”

“I detect no humanoid life signs on the planet, captain. That ship however houses a large number of humanoids…but the life signs are dwindling in rapid succession.”

Cyberconvertion…” The Doctor murmured. “They are making more of them. We need to get on that ship this minute. The longer we stay here more lives will be lost!”

“Spock?” Kirk asked the Vulcan again. “Can we beam instantly unto the ship?”

Spock nodded. “While seemingly technologically advanced they don’t have any protection towards a teleportation beam. Nor does it seem they have detected us just yet.”

“Then we will have the element of surprise on our side. Uhura, inform security to meet us at the transporter room. Spock and our guests willing to help, follow me.”

Stepping inside they’d be met by a man in a red shirt with a Scottish accent. “Ready to go, Scotty?”

“Aye, captain. Seems like the transporter will have its worked cut out for it!”

Kirk nodded as he walked up to the platform with some red shirts and Spock. “Beam us over first to this location and everyone else follow us.” And so the group was transported over to this Cyber-carrier.

As everyone had materialized they found themselves in a cargo area of some sort. The ship felt sterile and cold but they didn’t seem to have tripped any alarms just yet. Kirk and his crew had pulled out their phasers. “Set phasers on their highest setting. If what the Doctor told us then I believe these beings are not to be reasoned with.”

“You’re quite right about that,” The Doctor remarked. “The only thing the Cybermen care about is cyber-convert any living being into soulless drones just like they are. Do not try to engage. We’re here to recue those that we can and get out of here however…it is weird how they are still orbiting the planet. If they already had everyone they would’ve just left.” Seemed like there was more to this then anyone knew.​

@Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Space_Candy @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @Ver @Chaos Sphere @MagatsuNoImouto

Noah frowned as he looked around. It was sterile, almost like a lab. Slipping a hand in his pocket he held his pocket knife tightly. He doubted this mission of theirs wouldn't end in some confrontation. They were playing the heroes, more or less, after all. He nearly died playing the hero plenty of times before, anyway.

Technology? Draining the souls of men? It wasn't news to Tony. It was a theme he was well-versed him. What impressed him wasn't the nature of the Cyber Operation, but its scope and scale. A ship, propelled through the expanses space, silent and endless. It was stunning. There was no other word for it. His jaw was slack and swinging. The People of his world had barely returning from their first trips to the moon. The Apollo 11 was yet to brown and rust, its engines still warm and polished. 1969. His college years were still fresh in his mind, despite the late nights and parties. That footage was fresher still. A man, leaping about the place in a large, white, mechanical suit. He could have done better. But he could never had done this much better.
View attachment 9165
"Incredible..." Tony muttered, his eyes undressing the Cyberman ship. "The things I could do with a place like this... Set up a lava lamp over here, throw a day-bed over there, take down the neon 'its a trap' sign that's hanging over our heads, and I bet this place would look almost homely..."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Space_Candy @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @PolikShadowbliss @Ver @Chaos Sphere

ca2361e8fb451c0a1815533b3846f3bacba74d26.jpg

"I don't think it could even get close to 'almost'." He commented as he kept an eye out for anything that could tip off these Cybermen, such as cameras. As an added precaution, he fiddled with a button on the side of his heart monitor to cut off the voice control and noise, it's soft quiet beeping become silent.

'Better safe than sorry, even if they already know we're here, hopefully it'll be a bit harder to pinpoint us if they can't hear it a mile away.' he thought as his free hand scratched his cheek.

@Jeremi @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Yun Lee @Ver @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Everyone

DIEGO HARGREEVES
@Jeremi @EveryoneElse

“We need to help them,” Diego said, deathly serious, “so if there’s any possible way to speed up the process then that would be fine and dandy,”

"I don't think it could even get close to 'almost'." He commented as he kept an eye out for anything that could tip off these Cybermen, such as cameras. As an added precaution, he fiddled with a button on the side of his heart monitor to cut off the voice control and noise, it's soft quiet beeping become silent.

'Better safe than sorry, even if they already know we're here, hopefully it'll be a bit harder to pinpoint us if they can't hear it a mile away.' he thought as his free hand scratched his cheek.
DIEGO HARGREEVES
@Jeremi @EveryoneElse

“We need to help them,” Diego said, deathly serious, “so if there’s any possible way to speed up the process then that would be fine and dandy,”
"We might not know why the Cyberman are loitering about the place...” Tony sighed, resting his hands in his pockets.
View attachment 9167
"But at least we solved the mysterious case of ‘Who Pooped the Party..." Tony groaned. “Come on... Would a bit of optimism kill you? A bit of confidence? A bit of hope?”

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri etc.​

Robin was all for the plan of rescuing innocents, and nodded continuously as Kirk explained. I see... so this realm has its own menaces. Those beings made of metal do not sound like too much of a challenge. He scoffed to himself, remembering his various exploits with his fellow Utopia Hunters across the various kingdoms. If technology is my next antagonist, this shouldn't take much effort. Best to go ahead and inform the group.

"I myself have control over metals," Robin told, Kirk, putting his own hand out. A small, thin bar of metal rose out of it, and then it turned itself into various forms; a pyramid, a cone, a sphere, and a three-dimensional star. "I do believe this would prove useful against these... Cybermen you speak of."

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @PolikShadowbliss @Sark @Crunch @Minerva @Everyone​

As everyone had materialized they found themselves in a cargo area of some sort. The ship felt sterile and cold but they didn’t seem to have tripped any alarms just yet. Kirk and his crew had pulled out their phasers. “Set phasers on their highest setting. If what the Doctor told us then I believe these beings are not to be reasoned with.”

“You’re quite right about that,” The Doctor remarked. “The only thing the Cybermen care about is cyber-convert any living being into soulless drones just like they are. Do not try to engage. We’re here to rescue those that we can and get out of here however…it is weird how they are still orbiting the planet. If they already had everyone they would’ve just left.” Seemed like there was more to this than anyone knew.

"This ship is completely otherworldly... Even the Moon's surface appeared more lively than this lone complex," Golbez remarked grimly to himself as he observed the completely foreign surroundings. While the previous complex, which he had properly guessed to be a big ship, had the familiar vibe of the Lunar Whale; just a part of this structure alone told him that this ship emanated an abnormally pure and lifeless aura. He could only assume with the prior information about its occupants that their complete lack of soul infected this very ship, a non-living and inorganic construct being made more lifeless. He observed the action of the others around him, noticing that the tense atmosphere that they established only emphasized the seriousness and apparent urgency of the situation.

"But at least we solved the mysterious case of ‘Who Pooped the Party..." Tony groaned. “Come on... Would a bit of optimism kill you? A bit of confidence? A bit of hope?”

"I could not help but agree with this. If we act on time and bring forth judgment to these so-called 'Cybermen', not only would we save innocents, but we could also learn about new things in relation to our enemy and the things they do. Perhaps, we may even use this ship against them," Golbez spoke as he stepped forward with a confident stride, "But this does not mean that we should take the safety of each other of course. Regardless of our intention, we are still considered as invaders, thus we must not be afraid of them," he began levitating with his arms crossed as he maintained his confidence. He may have been the puppet of a villain before, but he sees this as a time to act as a hero with free will.

@Jeremi @Sark @Takumi @Capri @MaxIrvaron @EveryoneElse

"We might not know why the Cyberman are loitering about the place...” Tony sighed, resting his hands in his pockets.
View attachment 9167

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri etc.​

"I'm all for a bit of confidence, but when you've nearly died countless times playing the Hero it gets a bit old quick." Noah chuckled halfheartedly, watching as the birdman of the group showcased his powers and another in their group began levitating. Noah wondered if he'd even have to use his own powers, he'd at least be a little less of a potential liability that way. For a moment, the former CEO tried to remember if he caught their names. Or most of the others in their groups' names besides Add's and a few of the Enterprise's crew members.

'Oh. I don't think I did...' He thought with an internal groan as he flicked open his knife and held it to his side. He couldn't keep calling the others things like Birdman.

@Jeremi @Sark @Chaos Sphere @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

DIEGO HARGREEVES
@Jeremi @Sark @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @AnyoneElse

View attachment 9171

“There are lives on the line here, I think it would be a good idea if you get serious,” Diego said sternly at Tony, “We don’t know how strong these cybermen are. We don’t know what threat we’re facing. So unless you wanna joke these robots away then I suggest you start preparing,”

"That will be helpful," Kirk remarked to Robin. "It looks like we haven't been noticed just yet. Saving the citizens are a top priority."

"If I remember the layout correctly," The Doctor remarked. "I should be able to help in the navigating of this vessel. We can not let this monster travel any further in this universe."

"It would be pertinent to know where they are heading as well," Spock added. "It seems illogical for there to be only one ship if what you say about the Cybermen are true."

"You're right..." The Doctor nodded. "I believe we have have three missions right now. Saving the captured aliens. Sabotage the ship and find any information about why they are here and what their plans are."

"I'll lead the team trying to save the hostages," Kirk remarked.

Spock nodded. "Then I will lead the team who will sabotage the ship."

Abin Sur had been quiet for some time now but finally spoke up as Spock finished. "I will join you in this endeavor. I believe your team will be met with a lot of resistance." Abin's ring shone a bright green. "I and my ring will give you our support."

"Not to be presumptions," The Doctor spoke. "But I'll take it up on myself to find the information we need...and anyone who wishes to join, of course." The security officers split up between the three teams leaving two on each of them. Now the others had to decide on what they wished to do.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Space_Candy @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @Ver @Chaos Sphere @MagatsuNoImouto

Usagi jumped as the alarm rang, the sound startling her. She placed a hand on her chest as she walked to the bridge with the rest of the group. She tried to listen closely to the captain, but her eyes wandered to the ship's decor- different than anything she's seen. She soon snapped back into attention as a distressed message played- making her heart pound.

She had to help.

She rushed to join the group going to the other ship, trying to put a brave face on. Her eyes went wide at the sensation of being transported. She cautiously walked on the ship holding her broach in case of a situation arising.

@Jeremi @Sark @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Capri

gBVL0DT.png

"I think I'm going to only be useful joining you, Doctor," Alan said, sticking close to the only familiar face. Even if he had a gun on him, Alan doubted he'd be much help against an alien threat. These Cybermen sounded even more dangerous than the mutated creatures he had encountered in that facility, who largely fell easily to conventional weaponry. Even the Dark Presence fell to conventional weapons in a way. A narrative convenience, one that would not apply to alien beings from another dimension.

@Jeremi

"I see my abilities as more fit in the art of destruction, thus I believe that my presence is more befitting in a sabotage mission with Spock," Golbez declared. Indeed, each and every one of his spells is focused on inflicting some form of damage, or making it easier for him to cause damage. He had not even cast a Heal spell ever since he had been liberated from the puppetry of Zemus. He has yet to meet any of these entities called 'Cybermen', but he is confident that his expertise in magic will enable him to stand a chance against them, if not overpower them.

@Jeremi

Last edited:
"That will be helpful," Kirk remarked to Robin. "It looks like we haven't been noticed just yet. Saving the citizens are a top priority."

"If I remember the layout correctly," The Doctor remarked. "I should be able to help in the navigating of this vessel. We can not let this monster travel any further in this universe."

"It would be pertinent to know where they are heading as well," Spock added. "It seems illogical for there to be only one ship if what you say about the Cybermen are true."

"You're right..." The Doctor nodded. "I believe we have have three missions right now. Saving the captured aliens. Sabotage the ship and find any information about why they are here and what their plans are."

"I'll lead the team trying to save the hostages," Kirk remarked.

Spock nodded. "Then I will lead the team who will sabotage the ship."

Abin Sur had been quiet for some time now but finally spoke up as Spock finished. "I will join you in this endeavor. I believe your team will be met with a lot of resistance." Abin's ring shone a bright green. "I and my ring will give you our support."

"Not to be presumptions," The Doctor spoke. "But I'll take it up on myself to find the information we need...and anyone who wishes to join, of course." The security officers split up between the three teams leaving two on each of them. Now the others had to decide on what they wished to do.

Three different objectives, huh? Noah didn't think too hard about his choice on which task to take.

"I'm with you on saving the hostages." Noah spoke as he turned his head to Kirk. Jumping in to save others wasn't anything new. Hopefully he could do it without putting himself in too much risk of heart failure.

@Jeremi @Everyone

View attachment 9183

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." Tsutomu only murmured to himself as he looked around in the Cyber-carrier that they had all been transported into. He'd seen his fair share of unfriendly aliens before, but it was always the unfeeling humanoids that were hard-pressed to be called even "alive" that unnerved him the most, between the Marionettes from back home and now these so-called Cybermen.

With a resigned sigh, the boy looked to the Doctor, Alan, and whoever would decide to accompany as well. "Guess I may as well follow along too," he remarked. Loath as he was to not leap into danger to save hostages, the team that began to be gathered there seemed more than capable of taking care of themselves for the time being. In turn, he figured the Doctor could use all the support he could get.

And besides, he was Tsutomu's only chance of getting back home safely.

And if things got unexpectedly heated while that happened, he still had his little trump card to get them all out of an inevitable pinch.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @DoctorTeam

Robin lightly hit his wrists together, and the two silver bracelets he was wearing would slightly change in appearance, with two small cannons appearing on each bracelet. Robin turned to Spock. "I would be most useful doing the sabotage work," he admitted, approaching him. "This setting overall is a gift for someone with my abilities."

@Jeremi @TeamSpock​

The Doctor gave Alan's shoulder a clap as he walked up to him. "I promise no undead this time around! Just very living cybernetic killing machines. And you..." He pointed at Tsutomu. "Stay close." The Doctor gave them a quick run down of the ship with thanks to Abin Sur's ring became an actual holographic presentation of where they had to go.

At the first three way corridor the teams split up down each corridor to successfully clear their missions. The Doctor and his crew had been walking for a while when they started to hear heavy footsteps coming towards them. "Quickly!" The Doctor hissed. "In here!" Slipping into the alcove hid them from sight of two Cybermen that walked past.

After it seemed that it was clear the Doctor stepped back into the corridor. "Surprising how there's so few Cybermen...they're usually tenacious like cockroaches scurrying about." They continued on and they soon came into a fork in the road going left and right. Either way would get them to their destination but what they found on either path would be unknown.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @DoctorTeam

Spock gave those that decided to follow him a nod. "Your skills will be welcome," Following him down the path they weren't meeting any form of resistance just yet. The only sound they could hear was the steam escaping from some pipes and the condensed water hitting the ground. Their target was the core of the ship. If they managed to sabotage the core the entire ship would stop functioning. The soon arrived into an open area. There was a catwalk above them leading to a door and a door on the plane they were on right now.

The way the Doctor had explained it was that they had to get up a few levels to reach the core. However after some quick searching they realized that there was no way for them to get up by stairs. "It would appear the stairs have been destroyed," Abin Sur remarked finding a place where they seemed to have been ripped from their hinges. There was some metallic crates and other debris inside the room though. Perhaps there was another way up?

@MaxIrvaron @Chaos Sphere @TeamSpock

Kirk took point instantly after they group split up flanking himself between the two red shirts. "We are going to do this quick and fast," He remarked to the team. "In and out with as little interaction with the enemy as possible. We do not need any heroes. The hostages are our priority."

Moving along they'd soon seem to find themselves in what seemed like some sort of security checkpoint. One of the red shirts continued on when Kirk shouted. "Look out!" The warning came too late as some sort of wall of energy emerged in front of the group stopping a few inches away from Kirk and the others. There was a flashing light and an agonized scream. All that was left from the red shirt was ash on the floor.

@Capri @Takumi @TeamKirk

Undecided:
@Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto

Usagi held her hands to her chest as she looked around, panicking slightly as people split up. She quickly followed a small group that formed around a man she heard be called 'doctor', thinking it would be a safe bet.

As she joined them she heard something the lines of 'killing machines' making her furrow her brow. She wished the others were with her. Then- the heavy footsteps started. Usagi moved fast, hiding with the others, her heart race spiking at the threat.

As they stepped out, there was a fork in the road- Usagi absent-mindedly hiding behind the boy who looked around her age; waiting for the others to move.

@Jeremi @Ver @Atomic Knight @DoctorTeam

View attachment 9190

"Well... Guess we can't count on a big ship like this to be easy to navigate," Tsutomu sighed once they came across the fork in the road. Too bad neither he nor the other entity living rent free in his head had decided to memorize more of the map projection from Abin Sur, but whatever. If they made a wrong turn, they could just turn back and retrace their steps... right?

"Well, 50/50, eh? No use in hesitating," the teenaged boy said, his voice lightly shaky despite his attempts to sound assertive. If worst came to worst, that would be a bridge they'd cross later, but here was now. "Let's take the left and see where it leads us! If something goes wrong, uh... I guess we can just blame me for that and go the other way right after," Tsutomu gulped, and with that, began to make his move.

@Jeremi @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @TeamDoctor

Spock gave those that decided to follow him a nod. "Your skills will be welcome," Following him down the path they weren't meeting any form of resistance just yet. The only sound they could hear was the steam escaping from some pipes and the condensed water hitting the ground. Their target was the core of the ship. If they managed to sabotage the core the entire ship would stop functioning. They soon arrived in an open area. There was a catwalk above them leading to a door and a door on the plane they were on right now.

The way the Doctor had explained it was that they had to get up a few levels to reach the core. However, after some quick searching, they realized that there was no way for them to get up by stairs. "It would appear the stairs have been destroyed," Abin Sur remarked finding a place where they seemed to have been ripped from their hinges. There were some metallic crates and other debris inside the room though. Perhaps there was another way up?

Golbez surveys the area, noticing the absence of the stairs that were supposed to lead them to their destination. "Hmm... Perhaps we should seek for an alternative route?" he asked rhetorically, sighing at the below-average condition of the place, "The Cybermen's ability to defend and repair any damaged surroundings appears to be surprisingly horrible for an allegedly advanced race, judging by this place's condition," he added with disappointment, before glancing at the birdman and the humanoid with the magic ring. He noticed that three of the fellows with him are capable of flying or floating their way there, leading him to conclude that floating all the way to the core is the simplest way for him to reach it.

Looking up at their destination, Golbez began to suggest, "If there is no other convenient alternative for stairs, we would be left with the choice to fly our way there," the altitude of his levitation gradually increasing as he prepared to hear the others' opinions.

@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @TeamSpock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back