• Are you a friendly people person with a good balance of initiative and confidence? We're currently looking to grow our staff team and are looking for both forum moderators and mentors. See our announcement post for more information! No mandatory length of membership required to apply.

Side Story To Boldly Go

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"It is my mission to destroy this solar system from further interlopers," The Cyberman remarked.

"I believe he meant if the Cybermen came here to our universe deliberately. You are after all not natives of this world," Picard added.

"You do not have authorization to hear the answer."

"Sounds like a yes to me," The Doctor quipped.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee @Bridge
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
After fully healing the last of the severely injured personnel through magical means and pocketing his phone, Yamato would only nod at the Doctor's invitation and follow her to the bridge to see the results of the alleged peace talk, acknowledging Georgie's appreciation of his help with an assuring wave as he went his way. When he had arrived at the bridge and spent time listening to the dialogue between his comrades and his adversaries, he was disappointed at the total uncooperativeness of the robots.

"I do not see any reason for entities like you to destroy a potential means of expansion," Yamato judged the decision of the Cybermen from the side, "In both pragmatic and realistically-idealistic senses, you would only be discarding an opportunity to multiply and perhaps gain enough power to thrive in a world that does not belong to you in a manner that will attract as many witnesses as possible. For beings that seek to 'ascend' into a 'more perfect form', it is uncharacteristic to be actively hindering your cause in a drastic manner. Do entities like you truly comprehend the extent of your actions, or are you merely no different from the machines that blindly follow orders?" he continued his commentary out of spite towards their sudden decision to do something less reasonable than converting an entire species. He also thinks that he might be able to forcibly squeeze out something in this manner, seeing that their most recent response implying that merely asking questions does not seem to be enough.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee @Bridge
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM
"And here, I got into the superhero life to get out of the chain-of-command hierarchy," Miguel murmured in response to the Cyberman, its responses as much of a brick wall as its body. The man rubbed his head as he still struggled to recover from the shock he'd gotten earlier and the resulting crash into Death's Head, but his accelerated healing should hopefully kick in any moment now.

Even so, he shook his head and focused his gaze toward the Cyberman, standing next to Byleth. "At some point, I'm tempted to ask what's the point in asking for the privilege to know what goes on in their morbid excuses for minds? If they wanna destroy this whole system, they've got another thing comin'. You understand that much, you tin cans?" Miguel exclaimed, dramatically clenching his fist in view of the metallic warrior.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Everybody
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM
"Yeah? I'd like to put that to the test!" Miguel continued to exclaim, complementing the Cybermen's cold exteriors with his own fiery temperament, though even he knew full enough that it was best not to leave things to fate like this. He could only hope they were as immune to provocation as they claimed to be. In the meantime...

Toward Picard and the Doctor, the masked hero cleared his throat softly. "We do have some sort of game plan, right?" He murmured softly. "I'm sure you guys don't like going the punchy approach, but we can't just sit idly by and let them do as they please, after all."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Everybody
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
"While I acknowledge the oversight in my logic, one point still stands: you have wasted potential. You could have stripped them of their resources first or perhaps constructed a hideout from the rest of this Universe. While the superweapon you are currently piloting may be extremely powerful by now, it will eventually depreciate and you will be left with nothing at your hands should you not think about the consequences of every action," Yamato retaliated calmly, the tone of his voice making it difficult to determine whether it is a piece of advice, an insult, a threat, or a combination of either of the three. He would step closer to the group after saying this, taking his time to process something based on the recent statements from both parties...

"If we cannot penetrate their shields, perhaps we could find a way to infiltrate them or even bypass such barriers altogether," Yamato turned towards the group, having lowered the volume of his voice as to not be heard by the opposing party, "Should we managed to find a weak spot or a single flaw on the machine, we could exploit it and severely demoralize the opposing party, or perhaps render then completely helpless," he suggested, open for any ideas and opinions that the others may have in store.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Lucky @Takumi @Everybody
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"From the information we have," Picard spoke to Yamato in hushed tones. "The ship is nigh impervious to damage, and I will not send my crew out on a suicide run. We've been doing our best to find a way to penetrate its shields but so far the crew has not detected nothing."

"If you wish for your demise," The Cyberman remarked to Miguel as they were discussing options. "Then I will comply." The screen went dark again and trying to hail the ship again didn't work.

"Captain I am detecting a massive energy signature," Data signaled to the others. "It's about to fire."

"The shields will not hold for much longer," Picard lamented. "Data, alert level red. I will not let the crew die like this. We will have to to evacuate."

"Belay that remark!" The Doctor stepped in. "Data, ready all your weapons and prepare to fire on my mark."

Picard didn't seem keen on the Doctor going over his authority. "Doctor, we do not have time for this. If something isn't done everything in this system will perish. Including us."

"I understand that, but I have a little surprise for our little worm outside."
As she said that Data spoke up again.

"Brace yourselves. Attack incoming."

The Doomsday machine fired and the Enterprise rocked but not in the way it had last time. Instead the shield itself seemed to absorb the attack. In engineering Georgi wasn't sure what to do as all the systems went haywire before realizing that all the energy on the ship was rising drastically before suddenly the Enterprise's shield exploded in a massive spike towards the enemy ship destroying its shield and leaving a nasty gash on its side making it seem like it was bleeding.

"Now. NOW!" Data fire most of their photon torpedo's and the rest of their weaponry towards its massive maw. The crew on the Enterprise watched on as the Doomsday machine exploded with a massive force sending debris flying everywhere.

Picard looked gobsmacked on before he was returned back to reality by the voice of Geordi. "La Forge to Bridge. Come in bridge!"

"This is the Captain. Status report Mr. La Forge."

"Captain we have lost most of the ships energy and only the necessary systems are still online. It's going to take some time before everything is operational."

"Make it so. Captain Picard out." As their exchange finished Picard would give a hard glare towards the Doctor.

"What? Didn't I tell you about the shield capacitor?" The Doctor found out in a very heated one sided discussion that she in fact had not.




Chapter 4 - At the gates of Eden


Captain's log supplemental

After the destruction of the Cyberman ship we scurried through the information that the Doctor had found for us. Hidden among them were the ships flight log that we managed to track far into unknown space. Having no time to wait for aid the people we rescued from the ship are staying in the infirmary under our supervision. Finally we managed to track down the planet where the ships had originated from but as we landed we did not find what we expected.

As the final group of people were teleported to the planet bellow they got to take in the scenery. Their was a warm summer breeze in the air as they found themselves in a field of red lush grass. The vegetation was lush and pretty with a large futuristic city looming in the horizon. "Not what I was expecting," Other than the Doctor's gang they were joined by Kirk, Dr. McCoy and Sulu. Spock had stayed behind commanding the ship.

"Such beauty," Sulu remarked being specifically interesting in the vegetation. "Perhaps there will be time to gather some samples once we're done here."

"I won't hold my breath," The Doctor remarked. "If this is truly where the Cybermen came I expect we're not be getting a warm welcome." The path was clear for them. If they wished to head towards the city there was a dirt road not too far from where they had appeared. On the other side of the road they could spot a house of some sort with some weird assortment of animals. Perhaps it was a farm? Whatever they decided it seemed like they were going to have to introduce themselves to the natives sooner or later.

Cast list

@Jeremi as Abin Sur
@Gummi Bunnies as Add
@Atomic Knight Alan Wake
@Crow as Ben Tennyson
@Chaos Sphere as Golbez
@Crunch as Gorgutz 'Ead 'Unter
@Minerva as Mirai Kimur
@Takumi as Noah Collins
@Capri as Number 2
@MaxIrvaron as Robin Justis Ainekas
@Space_Candy as Sailor Moon
@Yun Lee as Sasara Nurude
@MagatsuNoImouto as Soreo Hiden
@Sark as Tony Stark
@Ver as Tsutomu Senkawa and Birdy Cephon Altera
@PolikShadowbliss as Vithe Kalus (V1TH3)
@Lucky as Wyatt Logan​
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Wyatt Logan

Wyatt would take a look around where they were. He considered the options. " I think I'm going to check out that farm first, I don't think heading straight into the city is the smartest thing. Especially if this cyberman are into tech.

@Jeremi @Farm
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
Golbez felt welcomed by the relaxing sight of the lush red grass and the refreshing scent of the summer breeze that helped cool his armor. From behind the majority of the group, he looked down the grass to take a closer look at its leaves, curious by the fact that the grass is red. Once he had finished checking the vegetation, he would teleport and appear in front of the majority of the group to follow Wyatt, "I would agree with this fellow, though my decision is more on interest towards the kinds of life that resides on this planet," Golbez slowly levitated past Wyatt and towards the house, facing the other members of the group with his arms crossed, "Afterall, there is the possibility that there might be someone willing to lend some assistance."

@Jeremi @Lucky @EveryoneElse
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Kirk seemed lost in thought for a moment before he finally nodded as Golbez floated by them. “Yes. Yes of course. Let’s go say hello to whoever lives here.” The hanging question that no one had really cared to approach him about was the sudden reappearance of the daughter of his old foe who they all thought was recovering in an institution yet somehow had joined with the Cybermen in some form of a revenge scheme.

The Doctor gave the captain a look as did Dr. McCoy as they moved towards the farm. Soon enough they saw pink and green colored snouted animals that could be something like this world's cows. They also spotted a humanoid alien. The only thing that made her different from a regular human was her blue skin. She was tending to the animals and hadn’t noticed the group arriving before one of the animals let out a guttural murmuring making her turn around almost falling to the ground. “Oh my! You frightened me, strangers! We don’t have guests here too often.” She looked them up and down. “And by the looks of it, you’re not from around here huh?”

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Space_Candy

dumpling whore
Everything past her first run-in with the Cybermen felt like a blur, but she welcomed the new location. She was so happy to be in somewhere vaguely like home- that she laid in the grass, soaking up the sun with her eyes closed.

She'd stay there for a few moments.

As the group decided to move towards the farm, Usagi followed gladly.

"I love animals!" She beamed, the animals were strange but she still found them cute, reaching her hand out to pet one.

@Jeremi @Anyone
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
"Indeed, we are not from around here. I am interested in knowing about this planet and the things that live within it. In a sense, you could consider us as adventurers from a distant place" Golbez responded formally, "I hope we did not frighten you too much, for that is not our intention; nor do we have any malicious intent to terrorize," he floated down to the ground and allowed the others to speak, relieved that the resident of the farm appears to be approachable.

@Jeremi @Space_Candy @Lucky @AnyoneElse
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"Could've fooled me with that get up," The girl remarked to Golbez.

"Don't let our looks fool you," Kirk assured her. "I am Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise and we do come in peace."

"Well I'm Kiara, lowly farmer, and I figured. People up to no good are usually more up front with the intentions."

"Kiara?" The Doctor asked. "What a lovely name. Do you run this entire farm by yourself?"

"Nah, it's me and my dad, but he's in the house cause of a bad fever so I have to do all the work."

"Sounds like he needs a check up," Bones remarked. "I take it he's already seen a doctor?"

Kiara chuckled somberly. "You think we're made of credits? We've made by with some remedies but it...it's pretty bad."

"Why didn't you start with that?" Bones exclaimed. "Captain I'm going to check on her father," Not waiting for a reply he headed towards the house.

"Don't worry, he's a doctor and a damn good one," Kirk assured Kiara. "He'll fix your father right up."'

"I mean we can't pay your or anything-"

"Consider it free of charge,"

"Oh I...thank you. If that's the case is there anything you want to know?"

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Sasara on instinct was ready to let loose with a quip about how laughter is tge best medicine, but considering they were after info here he decided to play it serious for now. "You guys seem pretty isolated here, huh?" He stuck his hands into his pockets, surveying the lands around them all. You got any neighbors or towns in the area, or is it just you two?"

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM
1614900987863.png

"Really, just you guys? Looks like it'd get real lonely around here after a while," Birdy remarked to Kiara, stepping next to Sasara as she put her thumb to her lips. "I guess it would make sense to wanna relocate to the city after a while, but as long as you're still able to comfortably get on by, I suppose..." She said, shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly.

With that, she stepped toward Kirk and tilted her head toward him as though to get his attention. "Whaddya think about this, cap'n? Seems pretty inconspicuous enough, but shouldn't we be on our way to the city by now? Sounds to me like that's where all the action is," Birdy posited restlessly, still itching for a good fight, even after they were forced to beat a hasty retreat from the Cybermen.

Do you really have to be so forward like that all the time? I've got a really bad feeling about this place, Tsutomu's thoughts uttered in her head.

You've got a bad feeling about everything!

And I'm always right!


At the height of hubris, Birdy ignored that.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Everybody
 
Top