Side Story To Boldly Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worf blinked in surprise as the boy teleported right in front of him. "Not without supervision you're not," He said with authority. As 5 tried to leave the docking bay he'd be stopped by two of the security officers blocking his path. "You will wait here until the Captain tells us otherwise."

"No one's trying to kill anyone." Picard and the Doctor spoke in unison before looking at each other with a thoughtful nod. "We're here to help."

"Depends on the price," Death's Head remarked off-hand.

"No killing," The Doctor repeated. "I'll give you all the credits I have for you to not kill anyone on the TARDIS or the Enterprise."

"All? Fallen for that before. 'All' can be a lot of things, yes?"

"Oh, I'm good for my credit. You just have to trust me I suppose."

Hearing about the headache Dr. Crusher walked up to Kiba giving him a medical scan with her tricorder before administering some sort of medicine to his neck that seemed to do the trick. "Feel any better?" She asked.

"Please," Picard remarked. "We genuinely mean you know harm, we just want to know what has happened and if we can help."

"We are part of the Federation and of Starfleet."
Picard turned to face the new speaker. "I'm not going to act like we never fight but it's always a last resort. Diplomacy I've found is usually far better than drawing swords."

The Doctor gave...the Doctor a look over and shook her head. "Nah sorry you're not one of me. Though I suppose you could be one of my future incarnations." She thought about it for a moment. "Probably not."

"I accept relevant credits," Death's Head remarked to Doctor. "I do not visit your part of the universe often, so would be a waste, yes? Gold? Platinum? Safe, used all over, yes?"

"I am half-human and half Klingon," Worf remarked, surprised that this man in a body-covering suit hadn't heard of a Klingon. Perhaps they were further away then they had originally suspected. He was also keen to not let Number 5 out of his sight.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Crunch @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Takumi
@MaxIrvaron @Capri @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

Kiba blinked as he was scanned, before placing his hand on his neck after she touched it with whatever she did. Oh, his headache was gone.

"Yes, thank you." He replied, a bit dumbfounded at how quickly that went. Something was up, if they had technology like this available then there wouldn't be so many sick and dying on Earth. Then again, would that have really changed such a barren place?

He watched as Five teleported and simply stared blankly for a moment. He couldn't quite wrap his head around it for a second, but he decided not to question it.

"I can try to track him, make sure he doesn't touch something he's not supposed to." He offered. He didn't blame the kid for wanting to find a way out but wandering unfamiliar territory seemed like a bad call.

Connor RK-800

Connor blinked twice as he took in his new surroundings. This certainly wasn’t his home, but space.... that was an odd place to have woken up. So far, excluding the Five kid.... everyone seemed nice.

If I may inquire, is everyone here some sort of human? Oh sorry, where are my manners? Hank would remind me to start off with an introduction. My name is Connor, formerly an android owned by Cyberlife.... now.... not so much.” Connor would analyze his surroundings while he waited as well.

@Jeremi @Everyone

"No. At least, I'm not." When one of the other passengers asked if everyone was human in some way Kiba didn't bother looking at him as he answered rather vaguely.

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @Sark @MaxIrvaron @Lucky @Chaos Sphere @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

Connor RK-800

Connor blinked twice as he took in his new surroundings. This certainly wasn’t his home, but space.... that was an odd place to have woken up. So far, excluding the Five kid.... everyone seemed nice.

If I may inquire, is everyone here some sort of human? Oh sorry, where are my manners? Hank would remind me to start off with an introduction. My name is Connor, formerly an android owned by Cyberlife.... now.... not so much.” Connor would analyze his surroundings while he waited as well.

@Jeremi @Everyone

The Doctor looked towards Connor, answering his question as he looks at his gloved palms.

"Truth be told, I don't know anymore. But I suppose the things that make me question my nature as 'some sort of human' are all things that I cannot remember."

@Lucky

“Well Jean-Luc I am the Doctor and I’ve lost a few friends of mine. I don’t suppose you don’t know where they could’ve gone.”

Friends? That vessel had to be might cramp for more than one person. Then Dr. Crusher spoke up. “I’m detecting multiple life signals inside of the box.”

“Ey?” As she heard that the Doctor quickly turned around and opened the door to the box. “Oi! Jaz! Ryan! Graham! What?!”

Not waiting for an invitation Picard and his entourage followed after and found to their amazement that the door entered into a large room of some sort. Inside they found a bunch of people in different levels of unconsciousness. The Doctor looked as confused as the Enterprise crew at the sight.

“I swear these ain’t mine!” The Doctor exclaimed raising her hands defensively. “How did you guys get in here???” No answers and very confused faces as Dr Crusher looker over them. How will this day turn out?
Victor von Doom: Infamous
View attachment 8665
"Doom belongs to no man..." Victor replied bluntly, his words rattling against his face-plate. His screens were going berserk. They were flickering like mad. GPS? Unavailable. Internet? Unavailable. StarkTech. It always needed tweaking. It always need a firm hand to keep it working. Doom tapped the side of his helmet until it rang like a gong. With a pzz and a pew, the glitching finally ceased. He added a frustrated groan as he hauled himself back up onto his feet. "Run a full diagnostic." He hummed, presumably to himself. "Notify me when it is complete. Until then, divert any spare power to the external shields."

The Prime Amour should not have been felled so easily. It should not have been felled at all. For the Invincible Iron Man to have been stolen away without so much as a fight... It sent a bad message to the people. It sent a bad message to his is people. To stay here a moment more than necessary? Oh, how the thought infuriated him. His gauntlets tightened into balls. His allies seemed intent on feeding from Picard's hands without sniffing it first. Victor did not trust so easily. If this were a case of kidnapping, Jean-Luc was yet to rule himself out as a suspect... at least, for now.

"You say an Ion Storm stopped you in your tracks, Captain?" Beneath his helmet, Victor raised an eyebrow. "Was this... Enterprise not shielded? Surely, a ship this advanced would be capable of detecting such a deadly storm in advance. Either the Enterprise is overdressed, or this situation is much more complex than it appears to be."
Victor broke away from the pack and slowly approached Jean-Luc, personally sizing the Captain up.
"I am Doctor Victor von Doom. My knowledge of the fields engineering and physics are, perhaps, unrivaled. I'd like to take a look at your systems myself. A fresh pair of eyes and a lifetime of experience can perform miracles, given the chance..."

Five, in the blink of an eye, teleports in front of Worf

"I'm going to find a way out of this damn place whether you like it or not," he says in a sharp tone, "I have some important business to attend to and I'm not waiting around to play some psycho's space story,"

And with that, Five walks off on his own in search of an exit.
He watched as Five teleported and simply stared blankly for a moment. He couldn't quite wrap his head around it for a second, but he decided not to question it.

"I can try to track him, make sure he doesn't touch something he's not supposed to." He offered. He didn't blame the kid for wanting to find a way out but wandering unfamiliar territory seemed like a bad call.
Five's teleportation earned him an audible sign from Victor. His attitude earned him a bitter, mechanical glare.
"I fear that this one may make a habit of doing thing's his not supposed to..." Victor responded to Kiba. "Even if this vessel was not stranded in deep space, you'd be a fool to venture it alone and alien." Doom muttered an old, lost incantation to himself as the boy left his sight. Beams of turquoise and purple stretched out from his face-plate his spell took effect.
View attachment 8666
"Tragically for him, teleportation spells are not beyond my abilities. This 'trick' of his is not unique. He can be tracked. He can be followed. He will not get far."

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Lucky @Chaos Sphere @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone​

Max shrugged. Didn't look like anyone was hostile. None of them looked as important as he was, so he didn't need to worry.

Don't think like that, Mackenzie, Solaris warned.

Aw, leave me alone for five seconds, will you? Max replied. And stop calling me that! How many times have I told you! Ugh, whatever.

"Well, if none of us are after me and we all seem just as lost... I guess I'll introduce myself!" Max pointed two thumbs to himself and smiled; it was clear that now that he was sure he wasn't in danger, he was getting comfortable rather quickly. "The name's Max Irvaron. One of the Irvaron triplets, son of Christiano and Olivia Irvaron? Yeah, if you're from Earth, you've probably heard of me."

Max looked at his nails for five seconds. They were undamaged. Solaris was right; it didn't look like he was in any strange condition physically. In fact, he felt pretty well-rested. After checking himself out, Max turned back to the group. "If you're from space, however... You'll probably know me by my title. You know, the Lord of the Light? Or.... oh yeah! The Keyborne Archer? I like that one. Honestly, I'm not sure what people are calling me these days..."

Max scratched his chin, thinking of a few more titles he'd been known as throughout the Natsu Galaxy, but then he waved it off. If he detailed all of his exploits, they could be stuck here for years.

"I am Mackenzie's-"

"Solaaaaaaaris!"

"-spiritual companion, known as Solaris. Nice to meet you all."

"But yeah, you all probably know me already, so I shouldn't have to do a lot of introduction."
Connor RK-800

“If I may inquire, is everyone here some sort of human? Oh sorry, where are my manners? Hank would remind me to start off with an introduction. My name is Connor, formerly an android owned by Cyberlife.... now.... not so much.” Connor would analyze his surroundings while he waited as well.

@Jeremi @Everyone

Max nodded. This "android" looked human, but wasn't a human, and knew people who weren't human? He had to be from Finnary, or perhaps Unmei. Maybe an outcast from Emotu. Hey, if he's from any of the kingdoms, this guy DEFINITELY knows me. "Yeah, besides the whole Key of Light business, I'm all human."

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Minerva @MaxIrvaron @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Crow @Crunch @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy

In another blink of an eye, Five teleported some distance behind the guards.

View attachment 8664
“Impressive security,” Five said condescendingly.

Before the guards could react, Five blipped away deeper within the Enterprise in search of an exit.​

Worf watched on in shock before shouting. "Captain! The boy disappeared!"

Picard came running out of the TARDIS pushing his combadge. "Red Alert. Intruder on the Enterprise resembling a young boy in a 20th-century school uniform. None hostile. If you see him try to talk him down. Set phasers to stun. I do not want anyone running into him unprepared if he decides to do something."

Worf and the two security officers guarding the door vanished out of the cargo bay to try and find Number 5 before he could cause any trouble as the Doctor walked up to the captain. "Shoot him?! He's just a boy! You couldn't wrangle him in easier?"

"It's to my experience that the ones that look the least terrifying are the real threats. I assure you if it comes to it he will only be stunned so that we can contain him."

The Doctor looked utterly stupefied at the remark. "What have you flown into here in space."

"Perhaps I will tell you at some point, but right now I have to protect my crew as well as all of you. Trust is not a one-way street and when that boy disappeared in the aether he broke that trust. We'll secure him and from there we'll figure out what we'll do. I don't know about you but I certainly do not want to toss you all into the brig as we try to figure at what to do with you."

The Doctor didn't seem very happy about this but she seemed to understand where Picard was coming from and gave him a nod. "Alright, then! Alright! If you're working on that I'm going to jump back in and see what's wrong with the ol' girl. She usually has more life to her than this."

Meanwhile

Number 5's teleporting landed him right into what seemed to be a restaurant or lounge area with crew sitting around. Looking outside he'd notice that they were in fact in the middle of space. It didn't take long for the captain's alert to echo through the entire ship and Number 5 quite quickly got eyes glaring at him.​

"Gold and platinum is fair game," Doctor says to Death's Hand, "I will keep that in mind."

He looks at Five trying to find an exit, then looks towards the crew.

"Hold on, aren't we in the middle of space?"

@Jeremi @Capri

"To some stupidity excels all, yes?" Death's Head remarked.

"Hmm... That is good to know, but that is not what I am talking about. In that case, my point of view towards you shall remain neutral for now," he responded without a change of his tone. After seeing the boy warp away from the place, he then added with a cold smile, "Perhaps, you wouldn't mind if the rest of us would follow suit in exploring this place's facilities. I believe that knowing more about you is vital in building trust..." turning to his left to head out of whatever this room might be, preparing himself to return to his position should he not be permitted.

@Jeremi @Capri @ProbablyTheOthers

Picard turned back to respond to Yamato. "For the time being, until we have the situation in hand you will have to stay here. I promise I'll lead the tour of the Enterprise personally but let Dr. Crusher look you over."

"Captain," Troi remarked having regained herself after her little fit. "I do not detect any animosity. Mainly confusion."

Picard nodded. This was a delicate situation, a situation already made more volatile by the boy's outburst.

Connor RK-800

@Jeremi @Everyone

"I think you'll find all sorts of humans, aliens, and everything in between," The Doctor remarked as she fiddled with the TARDIS controls though it seemed like nothing was really happening. "You an android? Good for you! I like your outfit."

Kiba blinked as he was scanned, before placing his hand on his neck after she touched it with whatever she did. Oh, his headache was gone.

"Yes, thank you." He replied, a bit dumbfounded at how quickly that went. Something was up, if they had technology like this available then there wouldn't be so many sick and dying on Earth. Then again, would that have really changed such a barren place?

"No. At least, I'm not." When one of the other passengers asked if everyone was human in some way Kiba didn't bother looking at him as he answered rather vaguely.

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @Sark @MaxIrvaron @Lucky @Chaos Sphere @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

"I thank you for the assistance,"
Picard assured Kiba. "But if he's still one the Enterprise the ship's sensor knows where he is. We'll find him sooner than later."

1600519558456.png

"Doom belongs to no man..." Victor replied bluntly, his words rattling against his face-plate. His screens were going berserk. They were flickering like mad. GPS? Unavailable. Internet? Unavailable. StarkTech. It always needed tweaking. It always need a firm hand to keep it working. Doom tapped the side of his helmet until it rang like a gong. With a pzz and a pew, the glitching finally ceased. He added a frustrated groan as he hauled himself back up onto his feet. "Run a full diagnostic." He hummed, presumably to himself. "Notify me when it is complete. Until then, divert any spare power to the external shields."

The Prime Amour should not have been felled so easily. It should not have been felled at all. For the Invincible Iron Man to have been stolen away without so much as a fight... It sent a bad message to the people. It sent a bad message to his is people. To stay here a moment more than necessary? Oh, how the thought infuriated him. His gauntlets tightened into balls. His allies seemed intent on feeding from Picard's hands without sniffing it first. Victor did not trust so easily. If this were a case of kidnapping, Jean-Luc was yet to rule himself out as a suspect... at least, for now.

"You say an Ion Storm stopped you in your tracks, Captain?" Beneath his helmet, Victor raised an eyebrow. "Was this... Enterprise not shielded? Surely, a ship this advanced would be capable of detecting such a deadly storm in advance. Either the Enterprise is overdressed, or this situation is much more complex than it appears to be."

Victor broke away from the pack and slowly approached Jean-Luc, personally sizing the Captain up.

"I am Doctor Victor von Doom. My knowledge of the fields engineering and physics are, perhaps, unrivaled. I'd like to take a look at your systems myself. A fresh pair of eyes and a lifetime of experience can perform miracles, given the chance..."

Five's teleportation earned him an audible sign from Victor. His attitude earned him a bitter, mechanical glare.

"I fear that this one may make a habit of doing thing's his not supposed to..." Victor responded to Kiba. "Even if this vessel was not stranded in deep space, you'd be a fool to venture it alone and alien." Doom muttered an old, lost incantation to himself as the boy left his sight. Beams of turquoise and purple stretched out from his face-plate his spell took effect.

1600522119201.png

"Tragically for him, teleportation spells are not beyond my abilities. This 'trick' of his is not unique. He can be tracked. He can be followed. He will not get far."

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Lucky @Chaos Sphere @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

Picard gave von Doom a courtesy bow. The captain could tell that the man was someone in a position of power. Royalty, perhaps? "You'd be correct in your assumption, but the ion storm seemed to have sprung up right in front of us without warning. Had we been given the possibility then we would have avoided it. Perhaps when we get a little understanding of the situation then you'll be welcome to enter engineering."

Picard listened on what Doom had to say and could only sigh at the end. "Yes...it would appear this boy is of the rambunctious sort that does not seem keen on authority. Even so, I will not allow him to do what he pleases. This is my ship and it's my duty to see after it and my crew."

Max shrugged. Didn't look like anyone was hostile. None of them looked as important as he was, so he didn't need to worry.

Don't think like that, Mackenzie, Solaris warned.

Aw, leave me alone for five seconds, will you? Max replied. And stop calling me that! How many times have I told you! Ugh, whatever.

"Well, if none of us are after me and we all seem just as lost... I guess I'll introduce myself!" Max pointed two thumbs to himself and smiled; it was clear that now that he was sure he wasn't in danger, he was getting comfortable rather quickly. "The name's Max Irvaron. One of the Irvaron triplets, son of Christiano and Olivia Irvaron? Yeah, if you're from Earth, you've probably heard of me."

Max looked at his nails for five seconds. They were undamaged. Solaris was right; it didn't look like he was in any strange condition physically. In fact, he felt pretty well-rested. After checking himself out, Max turned back to the group. "If you're from space, however... You'll probably know me by my title. You know, the Lord of the Light? Or.... oh yeah! The Keyborne Archer? I like that one. Honestly, I'm not sure what people are calling me these days..."

Max scratched his chin, thinking of a few more titles he'd been known as throughout the Natsu Galaxy, but then he waved it off. If he detailed all of his exploits, they could be stuck here for years.

"I am Mackenzie's-"

"Solaaaaaaaris!"

"-spiritual companion, known as Solaris. Nice to meet you all."

"But yeah, you all probably know me already, so I shouldn't have to do a lot of introduction."

Max nodded. This "android" looked human, but wasn't a human, and knew people who weren't human? He had to be from Finnary, or perhaps Unmei. Maybe an outcast from Emotu. Hey, if he's from any of the kingdoms, this guy DEFINITELY knows me. "Yeah, besides the whole Key of Light business, I'm all human."

"That sounds very interesting," Counselor Troi replied to Max. "The Key of Light? Is that part of some sort of religious order?"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Crunch @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Takumi

Seeign nothing for her in the main room, Aloy held onto her spear, and left the room, heading deeper into the TARDIS. Maybe this laboratory had more information inside.

@Jeremi @Anyone

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Crunch @Lucky @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

tumblr_pntl337dBL1y7psfno2_r1_250.jpg

"...Shit,"

That was all he could say to the fact that he was in space. He's faced way more people than this before and lived, he's not afraid of them, but he is afraid of what will happen to his family. The apocalypse is in six days, and so he really has no time to be in space right now. Besides, he's not Spaceboy, that's Luther.

He blipped once again, this time back to the TARDIS. He knew the box's location in relation to the space that he was in so he could easily blip over there in a matter of seconds.

"Heard you were looking for me," Five said to Picard, "I genuinely didn't know we were in space, and I wanted to make sure for myself. I'm kinda running on a tight schedule, so if you could return us all home as quickly as possible then that would be great,"

There was a buzzing inside Jesse Faden's head, incessant and flat, that could cause anyone to go mad after listening to it for long. It was a droning sound, almost as if someone had changed the channel to nothing but static. It went on and on, indicating to Jesse, who was just dimly on the edge of consciousness, that something huge had shifted around her. Without even knowing what had happened, Jess could feel as if everything was different now. Perhaps she was the reason why Jesse could sense it at all.

Jesse had awoken alongside the others, though she had pretended to be mostly unaware and still out of it as confusion broke out around her. It seemed she and a bunch of others were stowaways on a ship... currently inside another ship. Certainly was a lot to process, in Jesse's opinion.

This is weird, even for the Oldest House.

Jesse felt a familiar presence from within her, filling her with a feeling of warmth. She was just as confused as Jesse was, it seemed.

At least you're here with me.

It was only until Jesse was on her feet that she realized the Service Weapon was still in her possession. The weapon flt so naturally in her hands lately that she often forgot she was even holding it. In fact, she did not seem to be missing anything at all. She guessed things weren't that different here after all.

I'd maybe be worried about walking around with what clearly looks like a gun, but there are at least four way more dangerous looking people than me here. Maybe five.

Considering she was still on the TARDIS, whatever that was, Jesse made her toward the apparent owner. It seemed to be the most sensible course of action, all things considered. She was fiddling with some kind of controls, though if she was actually doing anything was lost on Jesse.

"Hey, um..." Jess was at a momentary loss. "This is your ship, right? Any idea what's going on?"

@Jeremi

Bad. This was bad. Of course something had to happen before she could finish her work.

Ivy assessed the situation. Environment was unfamiliar to her. She couldn't take risks here, since she needed to deal with her unfinished business back in Node 08.

There wasn't enough information to make any inquiries at the moment, it would be a waste to repeat the obvious questions that others had already stated at this point. The Operator only took out a strange red cube and activated it's scanning function, trying to gather information of the surrounding area of the Enterprise and the TARDIS. It was the only thing that made sense to her, since she wasn't a sociable one to begin with.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Crunch @Lucky @Crow @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

View attachment 8684

"Hey, hey, hey, hold up a tick," Miguel suddenly said hastily as Doom spoke, looking over at him while the spider-hero was still perched atop the TARDIS. "Doom?! I'd recognize that preposterous, persisting pontificating anywhere!" He exclaimed, seeming to recognize Doom to some extent. Or was it even the right person? These matters get muddled pretty fast, when you consider...

"That armor... Looks more like it's cut from the cloth of Stark-Fujiwara, but that kinda crazy talk is exactly what I'd expect from Doc' Doom. What, you decided to get another makeover or something?" Miguel seemed to speak in a manner of familiarity that many others likely would never have to dared to before Doom, but Miguel wasn't like most people.

After a pause for a second, Miguel tilted his head as though realizing something else. "Wait... Oh, shock. If this is a space-time hoopla, does this mean you're from the Heroic Age? Or just another Earth?"

It gets a little sad when either could just as easily likely.

@Sark @Jeremi @Anybody

Seeign nothing for her in the main room, Aloy held onto her spear, and left the room, heading deeper into the TARDIS. Maybe this laboratory had more information inside.

@Jeremi @Anyone

"You find that wise?" Aloy heard someone ask her. It was Death's Head. "TARDIS' vast. Bigger on the inside than outside. Might end up lost, yes?"

"Oh, you looking for anything particular?" The Doctor called to the redhead. "If you're lookin' for the pool it should be left from the costume room...or was that right?"

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Crunch @Lucky @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

tumblr_pntl337dBL1y7psfno2_r1_250.jpg

"...Shit,"

That was all he could say to the fact that he was in space. He's faced way more people than this before and lived, he's not afraid of them, but he is afraid of what will happen to his family. The apocalypse is in six days, and so he really has no time to be in space right now. Besides, he's not Spaceboy, that's Luther.

He blipped once again, this time back to the TARDIS. He knew the box's location in relation to the space that he was in so he could easily blip over there in a matter of seconds.

"Heard you were looking for me," Five said to Picard, "I genuinely didn't know we were in space, and I wanted to make sure for myself. I'm kinda running on a tight schedule, so if you could return us all home as quickly as possible then that would be great,"

Picard almost rolled his eyes but caught himself and instead pressed his combadge again. "Red Alert rescinded. The boy has returned to the cargo bay." He let go of the badge and addressed Number 5. "No one more than me wishes to help you but we can not do that before knowing all the facts."

There was a buzzing inside Jesse Faden's head, incessant and flat, that could cause anyone to go mad after listening to it for long. It was a droning sound, almost as if someone had changed the channel to nothing but static. It went on and on, indicating to Jesse, who was just dimly on the edge of consciousness, that something huge had shifted around her. Without even knowing what had happened, Jess could feel as if everything was different now. Perhaps she was the reason why Jesse could sense it at all.

Jesse had awoken alongside the others, though she had pretended to be mostly unaware and still out of it as confusion broke out around her. It seemed she and a bunch of others were stowaways on a ship... currently inside another ship. Certainly was a lot to process, in Jesse's opinion.

This is weird, even for the Oldest House.

Jesse felt a familiar presence from within her, filling her with a feeling of warmth. She was just as confused as Jesse was, it seemed.

At least you're here with me.

It was only until Jesse was on her feet that she realized the Service Weapon was still in her possession. The weapon flt so naturally in her hands lately that she often forgot she was even holding it. In fact, she did not seem to be missing anything at all. She guessed things weren't that different here after all.

I'd maybe be worried about walking around with what clearly looks like a gun, but there are at least four way more dangerous looking people than me here. Maybe five.

Considering she was still on the TARDIS, whatever that was, Jesse made her toward the apparent owner. It seemed to be the most sensible course of action, all things considered. She was fiddling with some kind of controls, though if she was actually doing anything was lost on Jesse.

"Hey, um..." Jess was at a momentary loss. "This is your ship, right? Any idea what's going on?"

@Jeremi

"If I had to guess," The Doctor remarked continuing to fumble with the controls. "We have all been caught in something that has sent us all beyond time and space to someplace new and exciting." The Doctor pulled a lever and nothing seemed to happen. "And the TARDIS is not responding. That means something's very wrong with the ol' girl. Not like this situation could be worse. Well, I suppose it could definitely be worse but you know. Figure of speech and all that."

Bad. This was bad. Of course something had to happen before she could finish her work.

Ivy assessed the situation. Environment was unfamiliar to her. She couldn't take risks here, since she needed to deal with her unfinished business back in Node 08.

There wasn't enough information to make any inquiries at the moment, it would be a waste to repeat the obvious questions that others had already stated at this point. The Operator only took out a strange red cube and activated it's scanning function, trying to gather information of the surrounding area of the Enterprise and the TARDIS. It was the only thing that made sense to her, since she wasn't a sociable one to begin with.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Crunch @Lucky @Crow @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

Ivy's scans showed that the Doctor had already surmised. That the TARDIS was almost completely out of juice and that it seemed to be that the console room was but a fraction of its actual mass.

View attachment 8684

"Hey, hey, hey, hold up a tick," Miguel suddenly said hastily as Doom spoke, looking over at him while the spider-hero was still perched atop the TARDIS. "Doom?! I'd recognize that preposterous, persisting pontificating anywhere!" He exclaimed, seeming to recognize Doom to some extent. Or was it even the right person? These matters get muddled pretty fast, when you consider...

"That armor... Looks more like it's cut from the cloth of Stark-Fujiwara, but that kinda crazy talk is exactly what I'd expect from Doc' Doom. What, you decided to get another makeover or something?" Miguel seemed to speak in a manner of familiarity that many others likely would never have to dared to before Doom, but Miguel wasn't like most people.

After a pause for a second, Miguel tilted his head as though realizing something else. "Wait... Oh, shock. If this is a space-time hoopla, does this mean you're from the Heroic Age? Or just another Earth?"

It gets a little sad when either could just as easily likely.

@Sark @Jeremi @Anybody

"Another universe? Certainly a possibility," Picard nodded. "The Enterprise has dealt with similar issues in the past, but...this is still a unique situation. Because if time and space are being meddled with. How many universes do we have gathered under one roof this very moment?"

So the ship was bigger on the inside than on the outside? Well, that definitely sounded familiar to Jesse. In fact, all things considered, she could probably make a guess about what was happening. Something to do with Thresholds likely, though Jesse would have loved to have Emily here to really be sure of that. Jesse had a feeling this woman and Emily Pope would get along rather well...

"Beyond time and space? Have you dealt with this kind of thing before? I mean, have you hard of something called a Threshold? Like a location that acts as a sort of bridge between dimensions?"

She paused for a moment, watching how the Doctor reacted. Can't say too much, Jesse. You don't know these people. Seriously weird though, as I've never seen normal people come out of these things. Well, relatively normal.

The most important question of all still lingered in the back of Jesse's head. There was no point in holding off on it any longer. "And, have you heard of something called the Hiss?"

@Jeremi

Last edited:
So the ship was bigger on the inside than on the outside? Well, that definitely sounded familiar to Jesse. In fact, all things considered, she could probably make a guess about what was happening. Something to do with Thresholds likely, though Jesse would have loved to have Emily here to really be sure of that. Jesse had a feeling this woman and Emily Pope would get along rather well...

"Beyond time and space? Have you dealt with this kind of thing before? I mean, have you hard of something called a Threshold? Like a location that acts as a sort of bridge between dimensions?"

She paused for a moment, watching how the Doctor reacted. Can't say too much, Jesse. You don't know these people. Seriously weird though, as I've never seen normal people come out of these things. Well, relatively normal.

Th most important question of all still lingered int he back of Jesse's head. There was no point in holding off on it any longer. "And, have you heard of something called the Hiss?"

@Jeremi

"Yeah but it's been quite a while since last time," She remarked offhand. "A lot of music...I think? It's not important and hm? Threshold? I don't think I've heard it be called that but I understand the concept. Like a Nexus of Realities, yeah?"

As for the other question. "The Hiss? Like the snake?"

@Atomic Knight

"You find that wise?" Aloy heard someone ask her. It was Death's Head. "TARDIS' vast. Bigger on the inside than outside. Might end up lost, yes?"

"Oh, you looking for anything particular?" The Doctor called to the redhead. "If you're lookin' for the pool it should be left from the costume room...or was that right?"
Aloy would grip onto her spear and point it towards Death's Head. A speaking humanoid machine was a surprise. "You may speak, but I won't hesitate to tear you apart, Machine." Aloy said, a fierce tone in her voice.

Towards The Doctor, she would raise her eyebrow. "A... pool? You have a room of gathered still water?" She asked.

Worf watched on in shock before shouting. "Captain! The boy disappeared!"

Picard came running out of the TARDIS pushing his combadge. "Red Alert. Intruder on the Enterprise resembling a young boy in a 20th-century school uniform. None hostile. If you see him try to talk him down. Set phasers to stun. I do not want anyone running into him unprepared if he decides to do something."

Worf and the two security officers guarding the door vanished out of the cargo bay to try and find Number 5 before he could cause any trouble as the Doctor walked up to the captain. "Shoot him?! He's just a boy! You couldn't wrangle him in easier?"

"It's to my experience that the ones that look the least terrifying are the real threats. I assure you if it comes to it he will only be stunned so that we can contain him."

The Doctor looked utterly stupefied at the remark. "What have you flown into here in space."

"Perhaps I will tell you at some point, but right now I have to protect my crew as well as all of you. Trust is not a one-way street and when that boy disappeared in the aether he broke that trust. We'll secure him and from there we'll figure out what we'll do. I don't know about you but I certainly do not want to toss you all into the brig as we try to figure at what to do with you."

The Doctor didn't seem very happy about this but she seemed to understand where Picard was coming from and gave him a nod. "Alright, then! Alright! If you're working on that I'm going to jump back in and see what's wrong with the ol' girl. She usually has more life to her than this."

Meanwhile

Number 5's teleporting landed him right into what seemed to be a restaurant or lounge area with crew sitting around. Looking outside he'd notice that they were in fact in the middle of space. It didn't take long for the captain's alert to echo through the entire ship and Number 5 quite quickly got eyes glaring at him.

"To some stupidity excels all, yes?" Death's Head remarked.

Picard turned back to respond to Yamato. "For the time being, until we have the situation in hand you will have to stay here. I promise I'll lead the tour of the Enterprise personally but let Dr. Crusher look you over."

"Captain," Troi remarked having regained herself after her little fit. "I do not detect any animosity. Mainly confusion."

Picard nodded. This was a delicate situation, a situation already made more volatile by the boy's outburst.

"I think you'll find all sorts of humans, aliens, and everything in between," The Doctor remarked as she fiddled with the TARDIS controls though it seemed like nothing was really happening. "You an android? Good for you! I like your outfit."

"I thank you for the assistance," Picard assured Kiba. "But if he's still one the Enterprise the ship's sensor knows where he is. We'll find him sooner than later."

Picard gave von Doom a courtesy bow. The captain could tell that the man was someone in a position of power. Royalty, perhaps? "You'd be correct in your assumption, but the ion storm seemed to have sprung up right in front of us without warning. Had we been given the possibility then we would have avoided it. Perhaps when we get a little understanding of the situation then you'll be welcome to enter engineering."

Picard listened on what Doom had to say and could only sigh at the end. "Yes...it would appear this boy is of the rambunctious sort that does not seem keen on authority. Even so, I will not allow him to do what he pleases. This is my ship and it's my duty to see after it and my crew."

"That sounds very interesting," Counselor Troi replied to Max. "The Key of Light? Is that part of some sort of religious order?"

Picard almost rolled his eyes but caught himself and instead pressed his combadge again. "Red Alert rescinded. The boy has returned to the cargo bay." He let go of the badge and addressed Number 5. "No one more than me wishes to help you but we can not do that before knowing all the facts."

"If I had to guess," The Doctor remarked continuing to fumble with the controls. "We have all been caught in something that has sent us all beyond time and space to someplace new and exciting." The Doctor pulled a lever and nothing seemed to happen. "And the TARDIS is not responding. That means something's very wrong with the ol' girl. Not like this situation could be worse. Well, I suppose it could definitely be worse but you know. Figure of speech and all that."

Ivy's scans showed that the Doctor had already surmised. That the TARDIS was almost completely out of juice and that it seemed to be that the console room was but a fraction of its actual mass.

"Another universe? Certainly a possibility," Picard nodded. "The Enterprise has dealt with similar issues in the past, but...this is still a unique situation. Because if time and space are being meddled with. How many universes do we have gathered under one roof this very moment?"

1600519558456.png

1600522119201.png

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Lucky @Chaos Sphere @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

"As far as I know, kids are like that, so…" Kiba replied, though trailed off at the lights that came from Doom's faceplate, brows furrowing slightly.

Kiba nodded as Picard reassured him about the boy's location being traceable, and it seemed the boy came back.

It also seemed like they really were in space. Hige probably would have made some joke about the first wolf in space or something like that.

"How similar were they?" Kiba asked while crossing his arms. Picard made it seem like it was close, but not to this level.

@Jeremi @Sark @Capri @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Space_Candy @Lucky @Everyone

"...are you joking?" wholeheartedly asked Max, scratching his head. "Aren't you guys space travelers? You haven't heard of the Keys?" Max ran his hands through his hair. "And you haven't heard us of... Keybornes?" There was no way this was real, right? Max was practically a celebrity back on Unmei; for someone to not know him would have to mean they're from a whole other galaxy!

I think you're overstating your importance a little, Mackenzie, Solaris lectured.

Let me look cool for a little bit, yeesh, shot back Max.

@Jeremi @EveryoneElse

"I understand the situation. In that case, I shall look forward to it. At the other hand, I feel healthy and well-rested so there is no need to worry about my current condition, but the offer is greatly appreciated and may be considered at some point." Yamato ended the conversation before walking back into the TARDIS to check on the others. At the moment he stepped in, he heard someone ask a rather odd question.

“If I may inquire, is everyone here some sort of human? Oh sorry, where are my manners? Hank would remind me to start off with an introduction. My name is Connor, formerly an android owned by Cyberlife.... now.... not so much.” Connor would analyze his surroundings while he waited as well.

"An android, I see? Then it wouldn't be out of character to ask about what we could be. And yes, I am a human, but there are times where ones actions could make a person stop being human for a while. You may want to consider that." he answered the question with confidence before turning to respond to the person who had finished his introduction:

"Your courage to introduce yourself is impressive, but I have never heard of you in either version of Earth that I lived in. I do commend your spiritual companion's conduct, so that is enough to merit my introduction," he took three steps towards Max and began introducing himself with confidence: "I am Yamato Hotsuin, heir of the Hotsuin clan. I am one of the people with control of the Dragon Stream, and I have witnessed the world reset once. Despite this, I expect that you know absolutely nothing about this. It is safe to assume that our versions of Earth are not only different in time, but also different in space. This is where I will end my introduction for now..."

Having ended his series of words, he turned around and noticed that the teleporting boy had returned just as quickly as he had disappeared. Seeing that the situation has been addressed, he walked back to Picard to remind him of the trip, though the discussion initiated by the man in spandex has interested him.

"It seems that the Multiverse Theory was correct afterall, and you may want to resort to a survey to answer such a question. Given that a time-space anomaly has already occurred in this very vessel, the Administrator System would soon act up and attempt to correct it, assuming that such a beings exist in this world," Yamato smoothly intruded, "And I believe that your problem has voluntarily solved itself. Perhaps, you may want to begin your tour anytime soon."

@Jeremi @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Ver @PossiblyTheOthers

"Your courage to introduce yourself is impressive, but I have never heard of you in either version of Earth that I lived in. I do commend your spiritual companion's conduct, so that is enough to merit my introduction," he took three steps towards Max and began introducing himself with confidence: "I am Yamato Hotsuin, heir of the Hotsuin clan. I am one of the people with control of the Dragon Stream, and I have witnessed the world reset once. Despite this, I expect that you know absolutely nothing about this. It is safe to assume that our versions of Earth are not only different in time, but also different in space. This is where I will end my introduction for now..."
Max quietly groaned, sulking a bit. "I swear, everyone here has lived under a rock their entire lives," he muttered, with a slight eye roll before he caught himself and stopped. I don't get it! Why does no one gasp at just hearing the title of "Lord of the Light"? It's almost like...

Max gasped and turned to Solaris with widened eyes. "No way!"

Solaris held a curved finger to his chin and nodded. "...Yes, I believe it is so."

Max's pupil in his eye dilated, and he took a step back. Were they in... another galaxy?! "Wait wait wait... are you guys from the Natsu Galaxy at all?!"

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Everyone

Determining the group and himself to not be in any real danger, Byleth eased up for the time being on his own alertedness. Though something one of their group said caught his attention. "...the Natsu Galaxy?" The mercenary shook his head. "I've never heard of it. I come from the continent Fódlan." He looked around, wondering if that name would ring any bells here.

@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Everyone​

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Yun Lee @Ver @Everyone

After a large amount of listening, Five finally chimed in.

"I second the idea that we're all from alternate timelines. I've worked with the space-time continuum long enough for me to have some knowledge of the idea that one small thing can lead to big changes. For example, the Milky Way Galaxy being named the Natsu Galaxy."

He hops over to Byleth and Max.

"Hell, there may be a timeline where the world doesn't end on April 1st, 2019, as it will in my timeline,"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back