• Donation Drive: We're looking to pull in enough donations to cover the server expenses for August and September ($140). Rest assured that the website will remain paid regardless of whether we meet our goal, but things will be financially tight for us until about mid September. Any donations that come in, in the interim, will really help ease things for us. See donation information for further details as well as information about our donation process. Thank you!

Side Story To Boldly Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
Noah didn't have to look far to find what seemed to be a security camera hidden in one of the vases. Among others scattered around the rooms. It was clear that these people didn't care that their guests knew they were being spied on.

"I suppose we could go all. Guns a-blazing if we felt like it," Kirk nodded.

"If we do that however," The Doctor pointed off handily to some areas in the room where he spotted a few cameras. "We won't be working alone for long, but at this point it feels rather moot."

"Can assure you," Death's Head cocked his gun. "For the right price will get you all out, yes?"

Golbez' inspection of the fridge showed what he could assume was food on this planet. Bottles of beverages and packets of food. None of it seemed very appetizing. The nightstand didn't seem to have anything in it except of the light on the stand.




"I think most of the others took the cash," The father chuckled from his bed. "I guess I was the only fool who didn't."

"Don't say that!" Kiara shouted to her father. "You love this place and so do I! What? We should've just packed up and headed to the city? You would have hated that!"

The father was silent for a moment before he nodded. "You're right, Kiara. You're right. That ain't no life to live. Not with out the dudongas or all of this."


@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
"Seems pretty deliberate that they didn't bother hiding some of them too well, hm?" Noah brought up in response to the Doctor likely pointing out a few of the cameras scattered about.

When there was talk of possibly going in guns blazing, Noah chuckled and shook his head.

"While in some circumstances I'd be more willing to go that route I doubt it'd be worth the risk in this environment." He frowned. Admittedly it was a risk whether it was back home or here, even if he was guaranteed to heal back home he's had a few too many close calls so far there.

It'd probably benefit him more to be a bit more cautious when using bis abilities, really. Well, that'd really depend on what other trials their group will face.

@Jeremi @Ver @Chaos Sphere @City Group
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"I don't feel too wise standing on the edge of the great beyond," The father remarked to Wyatt. "But...I suppose it turned out for the best with your arrival."

"You have to have principals in life," Bones nodded. "Though as a doctor I can't condone putting your life on the line from them."

"It might appear that he'll have to do it again." Abin Sur stepped through the door into the house. "During my reconnaissance I spotted two vehicles coming towards the farm. Their equipment implies they are not here on a friendly mission."




"That we are being watched in a very obvious manner," Kirk replied to Golbez. "But I suppose we could be doing something."

"Well then," The Doctor removed what seemed to be some sort of want from his coat pocket. "Let's see if we can't be...inconspicuous." A soft whirr emitted from the device as the Doctor twirled around the area. "I probably bought us some time. That should've left the security system run on a loop for a few minutes." He now turned the device towards the door causing it to slide open. "Maybe if we have ourselves a quick look around we can be back before they can suspect a thing?"

If they looked outside they'd find a glass corridor stretching to either side with the city looking at them on the other side.

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
"Oh, yeah?" That certainly didn't surprise Sasara at all. "Sounds about right...guess these guys really can't handle not getting their way, huh?" Taking his mic out of his blazer pocket he looked around at the group with a grin. "Say, how about we head out and meet up with our guests? I've got some lyrics in mind that they're gonna die for!"

@Jeremi @Lucky
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Wyatt Logan

Wyatt looked over at him and just offered a smile. " To be fair, the wisest men don't often realize the wisdom that they possess either. But yeah, it does feel good that we arr-" Wyatt was cut off by Abin and he looked at them. " I might have a few bullets that I can use on them as well.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
Upon hearing the discovery that the group is being observed with potentially malicious intent, he had second thoughts in his initial plan in splitting up. In a situation when a group is being observed by badly hidden eyes with possibly unfriendly intentions, splitting up doesn't seem to be a safe option as of yet. Instead, he decided to stick to the group for now...

"This is something worth inspecting," Golbez agreed to the Doctor's statement as the glass corridor had revealed itself, "Perhaps something might be hidden within these corridors, despite their transparency," he wondered as he took a step towards it, seeing if anyone else within the group is just as interested as he is.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @CityGroup
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"Perhaps some attempt of diplomacy could still be established?" Abin remarked aloud as the others seemed ready to go out guns-a-blazing. Bones meanwhile seemed to be cursing under his breath as he tried to get his communicator working.

"Well with do ya know. We're being blocked! Peaceful my foot! Seems like our new friends don't want us to keep in contact." He had a grim look on his face as his gaze went to his patient. "If you're going to start something you better not do it here. I'll stay inside and keep an eye on Kiara and her father."

Kiara seemed eager to join the others outside but a glare from her father stopped her dead in her tracks. Instead Abin took point and stepped out just as the two crafts drove up to the entrance to the ranch. Abin's worries were true as they group exiting were draped in full black body armor and carrying weapons. As they noticed the group coming out from the house they'd stop and readied their weapons but didn't seem to fire just yet.




As Golbez stepped into the corridor he vastness of the city and the corridor. Doors were lined up as far as they could see and the corridor itself seemed to stretch on even further. It looked like the city itself was a massive maze with this corridor being a very obtuse and time consuming way to trek it. "No space has gone to waste," Kirk remarked impressed as he saw squares floating from one side of the city to another through the glass. "I think that's apartments. They don't even bother to walk they just...take their home with them."

"Stacking and re-stacking every which way," The Doctor mused. "These people clearly don't seem to want for anything. Floating about having a ball and no doubt consuming whatever product they are being sold."

As this was going on Kirk would try and contact the Enterprise only to find that his signal wasn't going through. "Blocked. No doubt the moment we set foot on this planet. Whatever we decide to do it seems we're on our own. But if these cubes can move around from any part of the city. Does that mean our little prison can do that as well?"


@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM
1626131333458.png

"And here I thought humans weren't creative enough to come up with such a cute idea," Birdy piped up as she too looked into the corridor with Golbez, Kirk, and the others, scratching her cheek as she thought about the idea of a portable home. Pretty sure there was an actual name for them, but not quite like what was going on here.

Efficient, but without soul. Humans didn't come up with this. At least, not a normal one, Tsutomu said in Birdy's head, giving a piece of serious commentary for once. He may have been just a normal student, but after enough alien encounters, he figured he had a decent way of telling what originated from organic human thought.

To Kirk and the Doctor, Birdy let out a soft breath. "Our own moving prison? If it can be moved about, I don't imagine we'd be able to just move it by pushing against it like a guinea pig's wheel or something?"

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @City
 

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Since they hadn't drawn their weapons yet, Sasara wouldn't draw his either, simply standing before the hired guns with his usual cheeky grin. Though he wasn't stupid, and held his inactive mic just in case.

"Howdy, boys!" He raised his free hand and waved. "Hope you guys aren't here for dinner. I dunno if we have enough seats at the table...should've called ahead!"

@Jeremi @Lucky
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
"Perhaps some attempt of diplomacy could still be established?" Abin remarked aloud as the others seemed ready to go out guns-a-blazing. Bones meanwhile seemed to be cursing under his breath as he tried to get his communicator working.

"Well with do ya know. We're being blocked! Peaceful my foot! Seems like our new friends don't want us to keep in contact." He had a grim look on his face as his gaze went to his patient. "If you're going to start something you better not do it here. I'll stay inside and keep an eye on Kiara and her father."

Kiara seemed eager to join the others outside but a glare from her father stopped her dead in her tracks. Instead Abin took point and stepped out just as the two crafts drove up to the entrance to the ranch. Abin's worries were true as they group exiting were draped in full black body armor and carrying weapons. As they noticed the group coming out from the house they'd stop and readied their weapons but didn't seem to fire just yet.




As Golbez stepped into the corridor he vastness of the city and the corridor. Doors were lined up as far as they could see and the corridor itself seemed to stretch on even further. It looked like the city itself was a massive maze with this corridor being a very obtuse and time consuming way to trek it. "No space has gone to waste," Kirk remarked impressed as he saw squares floating from one side of the city to another through the glass. "I think that's apartments. They don't even bother to walk they just...take their home with them."

"Stacking and re-stacking every which way," The Doctor mused. "These people clearly don't seem to want for anything. Floating about having a ball and no doubt consuming whatever product they are being sold."

As this was going on Kirk would try and contact the Enterprise only to find that his signal wasn't going through. "Blocked. No doubt the moment we set foot on this planet. Whatever we decide to do it seems we're on our own. But if these cubes can move around from any part of the city. Does that mean our little prison can do that as well?"


@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
"They more or less have a pretty similar way to how we got inside the building too." Noah observed aloud, having noticed the ease the squares seemed to have going through glass. If they were going to get their little prison to move, he wouldn't of been surprised if their captors would try to persuade the group into staying put or try to keep a closer eye on them.

@Jeremi @Ver @Chaos Sphere @City
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
From within the glass corridor, Golbez observed the uncanny cubic constructs lift themselves and land atop one another like the bricks of a house in a building, only that each of these bricks turn out to be individual houses. These are not airships, without a doubt, but something entirely different. Perhaps, something similar to a levitating fortress?
"A bit too convenient, aren't they?" he questioned the floating brick-houses, wondering if they even had to be piloted. As of now, he could not perceive any visible sign of an active captain in each one of these, which he finds quite saddening.

From what he could pick off from Kirk's most recent statement, it seems that there is no reliable way to contact the fellows at the farmlands. "Judging by how advanced these things appear in technology, there should at least be some way to seize control of it, assuming that it is indeed capable of floating," Golbez hoped, taking another look around him to check for anything out of the relatively ordinary.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @CityGroup
 
Last edited:

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Wyatt Logan

Wyatt was a soldier first before he was a time traveler or even a traveler from another world. It seemed that particular thing was going to help him and he would look at the demeanor of the men. They hadn't shot yet, but they definitely were planning to do that. " Somehow I don't think they are coming here for dinner,." He would speak the next part lowly. " Especially because that is the position to ready their weapons to shoot us." He would make sure to have his gun on the ready to shoot the second they did.He wasn't going to take the first shot though.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"So I take that as we're in agreement to get this thing moving, right?" Instead of going back into the cube they originally arrived in the Doctor would instead point his little wand thing next to them and with a whirr the door would open. This cube in comparison was bare with only a table and a few chairs around it. No upper area or anything. "Instead of using the first one..." He looked around before finding a hatch and pulled it open. "Here we go! I should be able to get this moving where we need to be. Or should I say where we definitely shouldn't be."

Kirk had followed him inside and looked over his handy work. "We don't have anything left to lose. Standing around doing nothing won't help us at all. I can't ask you others to follow, but I am ready to get to the bottom of all of this."




Seeing Wyatt getting ready with his firearm made the soldiers open fire but instead of hitting any of the group the shots would harmlessly hit a green shield that had formed around them. "I believe the time for diplomacy is passed," Abin Sur remarked as his green ring shone bright. With a push the shield fell on the soldiers and knocking them off their feet allowing the group a chance to attack or run away before they can fire again.


@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM
1627590050117.png

"Well, you know what they say. In for a penny, in for a pound," Birdy nodded toward Kirk and the Doctor, using a hand to casually brush aside her neapolitan-like hair. At this point, she was more than eager now to get to the bottom of the matter at hand, and of course, the other matter of just getting back home in one piece.

"Besides, what else are we gonna do in the meantime? I don't suppose anyone else sees an alternative," the young woman said to Kirk. "And besides, I couldn't imagine anything getting accomplished by staying back. Always liked being on the front row myself anyway."

You like it a little too much, one might say.

Shut up.


@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @City
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
"This appears to be the best option, so I have nothing to object for now," Golbez followed Kirk and the Doctor into the cube, noticing the simplicity of its room in comparison to the rest of the building. He stayed near the entrance and waited for any remaining fellows to follow suit, keeping his guard up in case someone attempts to interfere against the group's favor.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @CityGroup
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
"So I take that as we're in agreement to get this thing moving, right?" Instead of going back into the cube they originally arrived in the Doctor would instead point his little wand thing next to them and with a whirr the door would open. This cube in comparison was bare with only a table and a few chairs around it. No upper area or anything. "Instead of using the first one..." He looked around before finding a hatch and pulled it open. "Here we go! I should be able to get this moving where we need to be. Or should I say where we definitely shouldn't be." Kirk had followed him inside and looked over his handy work. "We don't have anything left to lose. Standing around doing nothing won't help us at all. I can't ask you others to follow, but I am ready to get to the bottom of all of this."
Seeing Wyatt getting ready with his firearm made the soldiers open fire but instead of hitting any of the group the shots would harmlessly hit a green shield that had formed around them. "I believe the time for diplomacy is passed," Abin Sur remarked as his green ring shone bright. With a push the shield fell on the soldiers and knocking them off their feet allowing the group a chance to attack or run away before they can fire again. @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
Noah followed the others into the cube as The Doctor fiddled with the panel, not really taken back by how simple the cube looked on the inside.

"Like the others said, not much we can do standing idle. Personally, I'm tired of this place." The man shrugged. It was too sterile, too artificial. He was more than ready to hopefully get some sort of answers.

@Jeremi @Ver @Chaos Sphere @City
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Wyatt Logan

Wyatt had a feeling that touching his gun was going to start something, but he hadn't even pulled it out, that showed how little peace this group actually wanted out of him. He would duck into the nearest bit of cover and fire some rapid shots to the men on the ground, aiming to make more injured than dead. "I imagine that if we can get one of them alive, we might get some answers to our questions," he said, between his rapid shots.

@Jeremi
 

Space_Candy

manic ghost
Usagi beamed with the response from Kiara, her excitement for the meal visually apparent. She watched the group talk, but didn't really hear anything, her thoughts more focused on dinner.

She frowned slightly as she watched part of the group leave, confused on what was happening- she followed. Usagi made an expression of shock at the soldiers and went on guard.

The soldiers soon opened fire, her whole body flinching in response. But, to her surprise, there was a shield protecting them.

As much as she wanted to run, she knew protecting innocent people was more important than the fear in her chest.

"MOON PRISM POWER, MAKE-UP!"



a whirlwind of glimmering lights enveloped her, as she began to transform.



she felt the power flow through her




@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Once more, Sasara activated his Hypnosis Mic, the cheeky grin staying plastered on his face as he started in on another rap. Like Wyatt, he aimed to incapacitate rather than do any long-term damage (though these mics were still pretty new back home, who knows how much they can mess a guy up?).

"All you suits are just the same,
treating the poor like toys in a game!
But you suits don't know the cards
we hold,
this attack's a royal flush, too bad you didn't fold!"


@Jeremi @Space_Candy @Lucky
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"Well that does sound like an unanimous decision." The Doctor got a cheeky smirk on his face as he fiddled with the controls. As he did that the group heard some noise coming from the glass corridor. Kirk was met with blaster fire as he peeked out to see what was going on.

"Any day now, Doctor," Kirk hastily remarked as the door slid close.

"Almost done...there!" The little cube they were in suddenly came to life as the security locks on the door locked them inside and slowly but surely the cube started to move away. "Now we just have to wait. So..." He twirled back around still with a friendly smile on his face. "What's been going on with you all lately?"

"Where are we heading?" Kirk asked.

"I found a direct line to 'system administrator', which I felt sounded ominous enough to be our destination."

"Agreed," Kirk flipped open his communicator again. "This is Captain Kirk, come in Enterprise. Spock! Can you read me?" With an annoyed grunt he pocketed the communicator again. "Still no luck. We continue, to be on our own." With no windows in the cube the group had no idea how far away their destination was but soon enough they came to a stop. As the door to the cube opened they were met with a massive white void on the other side. It was a room of some sort but you couldn't quite tell were the sides of the room actually began.




The soldiers did not seem to expect much of a fight from the group. They scrambled back up to open fire but the combined attacks from the group had all of them fall one by one to the ground until there was only one left standing. And he did what any sensible soldier would do in the situation. Quickly dropped his weapon and fell to the ground. "I give up! I give up! Please don't kill me!"

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top