• Donation Drive: We're looking to pull in enough donations to cover the server expenses for August and September ($140). Rest assured that the website will remain paid regardless of whether we meet our goal, but things will be financially tight for us until about mid September. Any donations that come in, in the interim, will really help ease things for us. See donation information for further details as well as information about our donation process. Thank you!

Side Story To Boldly Go

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Before Picard could protest, Connor had already stepped on the catwalk. It seemed to be holding just fine. "Allow me to take point," Picard put a friendly hand on Connor's shoulder as he and Riker went first and second walking down the catwalk.

Soon enough they found themselves at a much smaller door that with a slight creaking slid up as the group came close. "Seems like a maintenance door of some sort," Riker remarked as he took a look inside.



It seemed to open up into a cramp corridor. The dim lights from above barely lit up the area but there seemed to be a path moving forward that split left and right. The only sound they could hear was the hum of whatever was powering up the place. Looking forward the path again the group could spot something casting a shadow from the left corridor. Had it been there when they came in?​


@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Connor RK-800

" I am sorry for taking point upon finding the catwalk, but I figured I can much more easily move back onto the platform if some sort of fault in the platform where to happejn. You may lead."
He replied as he followed them down the area and through all the doors until they reached a split in the road. " I do think the left has something there and requires attention." The android headed that way.

@Jeremi
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
Yamato moved a couple of steps forward to observe the shadow from what he would judge as a safe distance, seeing if it would exhibit any form of motion. "I'll be nearby in case of any hostiles," he notified Connor as the android heading to the left corridor. The young director would ready the phone in his pocket should an emergency indeed happen, planning out his course of action in advance while paying attention to the shadow from the corridor.

@Jeremi @Lucky @EveryoneElse
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM
1631819918539.png

"Oh, good. Nothing says welcome more than a menacing shadow," Miguel quipped as he caught sight of the creeping presence, but he wasn't about to admit he was any sort of intimidated. Nothing gets past the S-Man after all! He may have come from a world where just about everything could go bump in the night, but that only meant that even without his powers, he could make sure to stay prepared.

With that, he also went with Connor and Yamato down the left corridor, on guard and ready for whoever or whatever was waiting for them beyond.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Chaos Sphere @Everybody
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
Before Picard could protest, Connor had already stepped on the catwalk. It seemed to be holding just fine. "Allow me to take point," Picard put a friendly hand on Connor's shoulder as he and Riker went first and second walking down the catwalk.

Soon enough they found themselves at a much smaller door that with a slight creaking slid up as the group came close. "Seems like a maintenance door of some sort," Riker remarked as he took a look inside.



It seemed to open up into a cramp corridor. The dim lights from above barely lit up the area but there seemed to be a path moving forward that split left and right. The only sound they could hear was the hum of whatever was powering up the place. Looking forward the path again the group could spot something casting a shadow from the left corridor. Had it been there when they came in?​


@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
Connor RK-800

" I am sorry for taking point upon finding the catwalk, but I figured I can much more easily move back onto the platform if some sort of fault in the platform where to happejn. You may lead."
He replied as he followed them down the area and through all the doors until they reached a split in the road. " I do think the left has something there and requires attention." The android headed that way.

@Jeremi
Yamato moved a couple of steps forward to observe the shadow from what he would judge as a safe distance, seeing if it would exhibit any form of motion. "I'll be nearby in case of any hostiles," he notified Connor as the android heading to the left corridor. The young director would ready the phone in his pocket should an emergency indeed happen, planning out his course of action in advance while paying attention to the shadow from the corridor.

@Jeremi @Lucky @EveryoneElse
View attachment 10427

"Oh, good. Nothing says welcome more than a menacing shadow," Miguel quipped as he caught sight of the creeping presence, but he wasn't about to admit he was any sort of intimidated. Nothing gets past the S-Man after all! He may have come from a world where just about everything could go bump in the night, but that only meant that even without his powers, he could make sure to stay prepared.

With that, he also went with Connor and Yamato down the left corridor, on guard and ready for whoever or whatever was waiting for them beyond.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Chaos Sphere @Everybody
Kiba had taken on his wolf form, and while Connor, Yamato, and Miguel had went to check out the left corridor, the wolf stayed closer to Picard and Riker. He kept on the alert, standing at the ready to attack anything should it prove to be a threat to their group.

Kiba also tried to pick up any scents, like from any Cybermen that may be near, while he was at it.

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Ver @Lucky @Everyone
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Kiba's nostrils were only filled by sulfur and metal as he attempted to sniff the air. As the other three turned the corner they could see a statue of stone. Most of its features were eroded, which made it hard to picture what it could have been representing.

Looking past the statue they could see that the corridor continued on to the right once it hit the end.

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Connor RK-800

" It is incredibly strange that a statue like that could survive out here,"
Connor replied, analyzing it to see if it was made of a natural type of stone or something stranger. He didn't trust it, keeping an eye on it, leaving the others to investigate what was around the corner,

@Jeremi @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Left corrider
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM
"Eh, well, you know what they used to say. Stranger than fiction and all that," Miguel shrugged in response to Connor. He lowered his guard a bit upon seeing the statue, but not that much. For all he knew, that thing could be dangerous in its own way, but he elected to skip on the effort of breaking it for the time being.

With that, guided by his superpowered eyesight that enabled him to see better than normal humans in the dark, among other things, Miguel silently took the initiative to step in front, beginning to walk further down the corridor from there.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @Everybody
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
"Whatever its initial purpose was, the statue is no longer capable of serving it. Whatever eroded force was around here distorted it into an unrecognizable shadow of its former shape." Yamato passed by the ruined structure, leaving the investigation to Connor as he followed behind Miguel. He stayed at the corner with his phone in hand, keeping a watchful eye on the android and the superhero.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Ver @EveryoneElse
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
Kiba's nostrils were only filled by sulfur and metal as he attempted to sniff the air. As the other three turned the corner they could see a statue of stone. Most of its features were eroded, which made it hard to picture what it could have been representing.

Looking past the statue they could see that the corridor continued on to the right once it hit the end.

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
Ugh. Shaking his head at the unpleasant smells assaulting his nose, Kiba cautiously followed after the others, keeping wary of the odd statue as well as remaining closer to Picard and Riker should they need any help.

The statue did seem out of place to the wolf, and hopefully there was nothing more to it than that. It left more questions than answers though, unfortunately.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Chaos Sphere @Everyone
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Miguel's super sight didn't show much of anything as he continued on and once he reached the end of the corridor he saw that there was an exact corridor to travel. The others only gave the statue the briefest of looks and as the final person walked past it the lights suddenly started to flicker. As they stopped flickering the Doctor's eyes went wide as they spoke to Miguel.

"Don't. Move."

If he looked down he'd find the statue's hands almost around his throat.


@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM
"Hu--?!" Miguel's eyes widened greatly under his mask as he stopped in place at the Doctor's behest, just in time for the statue to suddenly appear with its hands around his throat. For a good few seconds there, the futuristic hero only stood there, not even daring to move a muscle as he weighed his options and tried to comprehend what had just happened.

He wondered, if he had a Spider-Sense like Parker did, would it have even gone off? The strange statue showed no sign of danger whatsoever just a few moments ago, and yet here it was, emanating with intent to kill him despite not even seeming to be alive, almost as though... it could teleport instantaneously.

Not even daring to blink, as if whatever innate senses he did have told him that he shouldn't even do that much, Miguel kept his eyes fixed on the statue while speaking again toward the Doctor. "They say modern art has become more and more interactive over time, but this is in bad taste if you ask me!" He quipped, moreso to assuage his own uneasiness more than anything. "Can I push it off? I-It's not movin' right now..."

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Lucky @Takumi @Everybody
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Connor RK-800

Connor had been keeping a close eye on the statue when the lights flicker and then he noticed it was just suddenly gone. He would head to where the others were and looked at the doctor and the interaction. He would attempt to analyze the statue. " Doctor, what is this strange statue and how did it move in the darkness?"

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Ver @Everyone
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
Yamato jolted at the sudden hostility of the otherwise inanimate object but swiftly regain his composure as he tried figuring out the trigger of such movement. Judging by the spontaneous shift of its position, as if almost by teleportation, he decided that the statue-like being should be treated as an urgent matter. "Do you think it is possible to obliterate this unusual object before it gets to assassinate one of us?" Yamato asked the Doctor as he began considering spells or demons from his phone's possible options, the ones that could deal a good payload without causing collateral damage and raising too much alarm.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Ver @Everyone
 

Space_Candy

manic ghost
Cloud silently followed the group as they were beamed near the catwalk, observing his surroundings as he moved. He noticed the shadow in the left corridor and decided to join the few headed that way.




Upon seeing the statue he sheathed his sword, letting his guard down as he continued walking- until he heard the Doctor speak.

He whipped his head around.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Anyone
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
The Doctor shook her head in disbelief as she came up to look at the damage. "Another thing that more than likely should not exist in this world. They are called Weeping Angels, which if this one didn't look like it was falling to pieces you'd think is an apt name for it."

For the questions the Doctor barely shrugged. "You could, maybe? Problem is that when they're not moving they're time locked. Frozen in time basically. I dunno I don't think I've ever seen anything hurt them. Like, REALLY hurt them. You have to look at them at all times. At. All. Times." Even then Miguel felt he still had some wiggle room to get his head free.

"Figure out what to do fast, yes? More company incoming." Death's Head pointed back towards the corridor they had come from. Turning around they spotted two new statues looming menacingly.



@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM
1634252591533.png

"Weepin' Angel? I'll give it a reason to weep alright if it doesn't... Well, you get the point," Miguel grunted, attempting to level his apprehension with his usual snark and bravado. Read: compensating for fear, not that a man like him would ever admit to being scared of anything.

Of course, despite his words, it almost seemed pointless to punch a statue, even if it had some strange power to move about when nobody was looking. Coupled with the Doctor's explanation on what they were supposed to be, convenient despite her being displaced from her own home world like the rest of them, he decided to slither his way away from the Weeping Angel, even give it a little shove for all the good it might do as if to show the statue who was boss around here.

"Well, I don't suppose we could just proceed forward while facing backwards? I mean, we'd probably look shocking stupid 'bout it, but I don't suppose anyone else has any other bright ideas," he breathed.

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Space_Candy @Lucky @Everybody
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Connor RK-800

" Doctor, I seem to be a little confused about something. I understand that these creatures move when we are not looking at them and that they seem to want to harm us- but what exactly do they do to achieve this? Do they kill us or does this species do something else which is worse and in this case, would the worse thing be better here?"
He asked curiously,adding data to his brain about the statues. He would see if his systems knew anything else by scanning them.

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Space_Candy @Ver@Everybody
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
Active Skills:
  • Power Charge - Yamato concentrates his energies to double the power of his next attack.
  • Drain - A close-ranged Almighty skill that steals a target's life force and mana.
  • Mediarahan - A spell that moderately heals both Yamato and his own summons

Passives:
  • Almighty Amp - Greatly boosts Yamato's Almighty attacks
  • Endure - Allows Yamato to survive a mortal blow once per battle.
  • Victory Cry - A magical force that gradually restores Yamato's life force and mana.

Auto Skill:
+ Hustle - An aura that increases Yamato and his summons' speed and evasion rate by half.

"So there's more than one of them..." Yamato noticed the new arrivals near the entrance, having finalized his skillset for this situation. "I shall test my assumptions on one of these 'demons' when the opportunity shows itself," he began walking backward, paying attention to the closest Weeping Angel. "At least one of us should be facing front," Yamato suggested, "And maybe prepare for branching corridors. There is no doubt that there could be more ahead of us." He cast Power Charge unto himself, gathering magical energy that he intends to use the moment any of the predatory statues decides to teleport an inch closer to him.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Space_Candy @Ver @Everyone
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Miguel's strength was possible to get the Weeping Angel off him and even caused it to fall backwards with it ending up looking at the ceiling. "They displace you back in time...or just kill you straight out," The Doctor replied to Connor as her focus was now on the two new ones in the back. "It's all a bit relative ain't it? Not that shunting you back in time in this place wouldn't kill you already so."

As this was going Death's Head was casually placing some sort of circular objects on the wall of the tight corridor. "Wasting our time," The Freelance Peacekeeping agent replied as he pulled a switch from his coat. "Let's see them run through thick wall of iron and steel, yes?" With a push of the button the discs started to blink rapidly. "20 seconds."

Realizing what was happening Riker grabbed Yamato by the collar to yank him backwards.

The Doctor gave Death's Head a glare before shouting at the others. "Run!" Keeping an eye on the two behind them the Doctor and hopefully made a hasty retreat. Then as she turned the corner she realized her mistake but

BOOM

The explosion was strong enough to whip up dust and small debris and caused the Doctor to get pushed off her feet. Among the coughing she felt someone help her up. "Are you alright, Doctor?" Picard asked.

"I'm fine but, the angels!" As the dust settled they found the former corridor completely destroyed the only sign of any of the Weeping Angels on their side of the corridor. Now she turned towards Death's Head. "You stupid idiot! What did you do that for! You could've gotten us all killed!"

The robot shrugged. "But didn't. Calculated risk. So I took it, yes?" The two of them got into a shouting match before Picard cut them both off.

"I am sorry but we do not have time for this bickering! Our pursuers have been incapacitated for the time being but we have no idea for how long. So I suggest that we move it along." A few protests later and they did. The corridors continued to all look the same when the group suddenly felt hot air hitting them in the face. Following the heat they'd soon find themselves outside in an open area staring straight at an open crevasse in the ground.

The ground was riddled with dead Cybermen and scorch marks everywhere. There had been a fierce battle here at some point. Other than the crevasse the other point of interest was some sort of device that resembled a large portal of some sort. It seemed to be hooked up to massive tubes that seemed to be diverting energy into it.

"Feels like we're a bit late to the party, doesn't it?"
The Doctor asked looking over the carnage in front of them.



@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee
 
Top