Side Story To Boldly Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Determining the group and himself to not be in any real danger, Byleth eased up for the time being on his own alertedness. Though something one of their group said caught his attention. "...the Natsu Galaxy?" The mercenary shook his head. "I've never heard of it. I come from the continent Fódlan." He looked around, wondering if that name would ring any bells here.

@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Everyone​
"...Fódlan?.... Sorry, but I've never heard of that place before," Max answered honestly with a shrug. "Where I come from, the mostly-human inhabited kingdoms are Unmei, Emuto, Finnary, Blossom, and..." Max thought hard for a few more seconds, before rolling his eyes. "Whatever, those are the only ones that really matter. Can't say I've heard of a Fódlan before. My intergalactic-traveling buddy over here, however...?"

Max nudged Solaris in the side, but the SoulBound knight sighed and shook his head. "The Key of Light has traveled all over the Natsu. Fódlan is an unfamiliar name. It exists not even in the Banished Realm."

"Whoa. There's some place Solaris hasn't heard about?!" Max gasped, putting a hand to his mouth in a mocking sort of way; not anything genuinely insulting to his SoulBound, just a silly way of presenting his surprise.​
NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Yun Lee @Ver @Everyone

After a large amount of listening, Five finally chimed in.

"I second the idea that we're all from alternate timelines. I've worked with the space-time continuum long enough for me to have some knowledge of the idea that one small thing can lead to big changes. For example, the Milky Way Galaxy being named the Natsu Galaxy."

He hops over to Byleth and Max.

"Hell, there may be a timeline where the world doesn't end on April 1st, 2019, as it will in my timeline,"
Max clapped. "Well then, that settles it. I don't even come from 2019," he explained.

"Which begs the question," Solaris began. "Does your timeline even contain Keys?"

Max chimed in, "Not the kind that unlocks doors and stuff, huge, world-ending trinkets of power."

@Capri @Yun Lee @Everyone​

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Yun Lee @MaxIrvaron @EveryoneElse

tumblr_pn0z8qxCMt1u9xq5ko6_250.png

"No. The world ends because of a person, not a Key, as you put it,"

Five pulls out a prosthetic eye from his pocket, showing it to Max and Byleth.

"The only issue is that I don't know who this person is. All I know is that they had this prosthetic eye that was pulled out out when my brothers and sister banded together to stop them,"

"Oh, ace. So this crew's got some experience with other Earths too. Saves me a lot of headaches, but this is starting to happen a little too often for my liking," Miguel murmured, rubbing the side of his head. It only felt like just a few days ago that he'd fought against the Inheritors across reality, and now, here he was again, displaced in time and space.

More and more, the predicament began to sound like a Tuesday afternoon. Did Parker have to do this stuff this often too?

"Word to the wise though," Miguel continued in a hushed tone, stepping in closer toward Picard. "Keep your guard up 'round Doom. I don't dream he's the same exact guy I know, but if they're anything alike, he could be a great help, a dangerous enemy, or both!"

@Jeremi @Sark @Anybody

Aloy would grip onto her spear and point it towards Death's Head. A speaking humanoid machine was a surprise. "You may speak, but I won't hesitate to tear you apart, Machine." Aloy said, a fierce tone in her voice.

Towards The Doctor, she would raise her eyebrow. "A... pool? You have a room of gathered still water?" She asked.

"Speak like that to me again," Death's Head looked down at the blaster by his side. "And we shall see how you bleed, yes?"

"Hey! None of that now! No fighting on the TARDIS!" The Doctor exclaimed to the two before changing back the subject to the pool. "Yeah it's fun to go a few laps! There's a jacuzzi room too but don't ask me where that is, just redecorated."

"As far as I know, kids are like that, so…" Kiba replied, though trailed off at the lights that came from Doom's faceplate, brows furrowing slightly.

Kiba nodded as Picard reassured him about the boy's location being traceable, and it seemed the boy came back.

It also seemed like they really were in space. Hige probably would have made some joke about the first wolf in space or something like that.

"How similar were they?" Kiba asked while crossing his arms. Picard made it seem like it was close, but not to this level.

@Jeremi @Sark @Capri @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Space_Candy @Lucky @Everyone

"Usually it is a convergence of some sort," Picard remarked. "Larger in scale and only aimed at one particular universe. If you all are from different worlds then it's almost unprecedented."

"...are you joking?" wholeheartedly asked Max, scratching his head. "Aren't you guys space travelers? You haven't heard of the Keys?" Max ran his hands through his hair. "And you haven't heard us of... Keybornes?" There was no way this was real, right? Max was practically a celebrity back on Unmei; for someone to not know him would have to mean they're from a whole other galaxy!

I think you're overstating your importance a little, Mackenzie, Solaris lectured.

Let me look cool for a little bit, yeesh, shot back Max.

@Jeremi @EveryoneElse

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend," Troi remarked to Max. "If we have time I'm very interested to hear about these Keybornes."

"I understand the situation. In that case, I shall look forward to it. At the other hand, I feel healthy and well-rested so there is no need to worry about my current condition, but the offer is greatly appreciated and may be considered at some point." Yamato ended the conversation before walking back into the TARDIS to check on the others. At the moment he stepped in, he heard someone ask a rather odd question.

"An android, I see? Then it wouldn't be out of character to ask about what we could be. And yes, I am a human, but there are times where ones actions could make a person stop being human for a while. You may want to consider that." he answered the question with confidence before turning to respond to the person who had finished his introduction:

"Your courage to introduce yourself is impressive, but I have never heard of you in either version of Earth that I lived in. I do commend your spiritual companion's conduct, so that is enough to merit my introduction," he took three steps towards Max and began introducing himself with confidence: "I am Yamato Hotsuin, heir of the Hotsuin clan. I am one of the people with control of the Dragon Stream, and I have witnessed the world reset once. Despite this, I expect that you know absolutely nothing about this. It is safe to assume that our versions of Earth are not only different in time, but also different in space. This is where I will end my introduction for now..."

Having ended his series of words, he turned around and noticed that the teleporting boy had returned just as quickly as he had disappeared. Seeing that the situation has been addressed, he walked back to Picard to remind him of the trip, though the discussion initiated by the man in spandex has interested him.

"It seems that the Multiverse Theory was correct afterall, and you may want to resort to a survey to answer such a question. Given that a time-space anomaly has already occurred in this very vessel, the Administrator System would soon act up and attempt to correct it, assuming that such a beings exist in this world," Yamato smoothly intruded, "And I believe that your problem has voluntarily solved itself. Perhaps, you may want to begin your tour anytime soon."

@Jeremi @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Ver @PossiblyTheOthers

"I'm afraid not," Picard remark. "We've had our run-ins with an omnipotent being in the past, but if he was the cause then he would've made his presence felt by now. No, whatever the cause it's no doubt an external source."

"Oh, ace. So this crew's got some experience with other Earths too. Saves me a lot of headaches, but this is starting to happen a little too often for my liking," Miguel murmured, rubbing the side of his head. It only felt like just a few days ago that he'd fought against the Inheritors across reality, and now, here he was again, displaced in time and space.

More and more, the predicament began to sound like a Tuesday afternoon. Did Parker have to do this stuff this often too?

"Word to the wise though," Miguel continued in a hushed tone, stepping in closer toward Picard. "Keep your guard up 'round Doom. I don't dream he's the same exact guy I know, but if they're anything alike, he could be a great help, a dangerous enemy, or both!"

@Jeremi @Sark @Anybody

"I would suggest keeping any animosity at a minimum," Picard remarked to Miguel. "The situation is already delicate enough to not bring up past grudges to the surface."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Crunch @Lucky @Crow @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Yun Lee @Ver @Everyone

After a large amount of listening, Five finally chimed in.

"I second the idea that we're all from alternate timelines. I've worked with the space-time continuum long enough for me to have some knowledge of the idea that one small thing can lead to big changes. For example, the Milky Way Galaxy being named the Natsu Galaxy."

He hops over to Byleth and Max.

"Hell, there may be a timeline where the world doesn't end on April 1st, 2019, as it will in my timeline,"

"I don't know the year, but I'm pretty sure that's not it where I'm from. The world's practically a wasteland, but...according to an old legend, when the end of the world comes, a place known as Paradise will appear. However, only wolves will know how to find it." Kiba frowned.

"Speak like that to me again," Death's Head looked down at the blaster by his side. "And we shall see how you bleed, yes?"

"Hey! None of that now! No fighting on the TARDIS!" The Doctor exclaimed to the two before changing back the subject to the pool. "Yeah it's fun to go a few laps! There's a jacuzzi room too but don't ask me where that is, just redecorated."

"Usually it is a convergence of some sort," Picard remarked. "Larger in scale and only aimed at one particular universe. If you all are from different worlds then it's almost unprecedented."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend," Troi remarked to Max. "If we have time I'm very interested to hear about these Keybornes."

"I'm afraid not," Picard remark. "We've had our run-ins with an omnipotent being in the past, but if he was the cause then he would've made his presence felt by now. No, whatever the cause it's no doubt an external source."

"I would suggest keeping any animosity at a minimum,"
Picard remarked to Miguel. "The situation is already delicate enough to not bring up past grudges to the surface."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Crunch @Lucky @Crow @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

"Different worlds are news to me, but something or someone has to have gotten together for some reason. One I don't care for, as long as I can get back to the ones I was seperated from." He huffed out, a light growl in his tone towards the end as he spoke.

@Jeremi @Sark @Ver @Capri @Everyone

Picard gave von Doom a courtesy bow. The captain could tell that the man was someone in a position of power. Royalty, perhaps? "You'd be correct in your assumption, but the ion storm seemed to have sprung up right in front of us without warning. Had we been given the possibility then we would have avoided it. Perhaps when we get a little understanding of the situation then you'll be welcome to enter engineering."

Picard listened on what Doom had to say and could only sigh at the end. "Yes...it would appear this boy is of the rambunctious sort that does not seem keen on authority. Even so, I will not allow him to do what he pleases. This is my ship and it's my duty to see after it and my crew."
The sight of the Captain bowing before him- even slightly, even out of courtesy- stirred up thoughts and feelings than Doom had arrogantly to have been in control over. A swelling pride. A rush of ego. Victor swallowed hard.
"Such formalities are... unnecessary, Captain." Victor waved away Picard's bow. "We are no longer your guests, Jean-Luc."
View attachment 8696
"We are allies. Equals. We are all in the same ship, are we not?" Victor offered his hand to the Captain. His armor peeled back panel by panel until naught but cold, pale flesh remained. "Both figuratively, and, of course, literally..."

"Hey, hey, hey, hold up a tick," Miguel suddenly said hastily as Doom spoke, looking over at him while the spider-hero was still perched atop the TARDIS. "Doom?! I'd recognize that preposterous, persisting pontificating anywhere!" He exclaimed, seeming to recognize Doom to some extent. Or was it even the right person? These matters get muddled pretty fast, when you consider...

"That armor... Looks more like it's cut from the cloth of Stark-Fujiwara, but that kinda crazy talk is exactly what I'd expect from Doc' Doom. What, you decided to get another makeover or something?" Miguel seemed to speak in a manner of familiarity that many others likely would never have to dared to before Doom, but Miguel wasn't like most people.

After a pause for a second, Miguel tilted his head as though realizing something else. "Wait... Oh, shock. If this is a space-time hoopla, does this mean you're from the Heroic Age? Or just another Earth?"

It gets a little sad when either could just as easily likely.
"I know not of these 'Ages' of which you speak," Doom calmly replied to Miguel's exclamations. "And I know not of who you are. But I know my nature. I am he. I am 'Doom', though I confess... I much prefer 'Victor'." Victor approached Spider-Man with slow, rhythmic footsteps. "I am proud to say that the man I was and the man I am now are connected in little more than name and memory. My 'make-over' was more than just physical, 'Spider-Man'. I take it that you too are trying to fill another man's shoes, stranger, yes? Then I shall provide you with the same benefit of the doubt that I pray you shall extend to me." Doom offered fellow 'hero' the same hand he had offered to Picard. "I am Victor von Doom, the Iron Man of 2016. And you are?"
@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Crunch @Lucky @Crow @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Chaos Sphere

"To some stupidity excels all, yes?" Death's Head remarked.

"An understatement. But it appears that the situation is under control," Doctor says, looking at Mr Von Doom take care of things.​

@Jeremi @Sark @Anybody

The sight of the Captain bowing before him- even slightly, even out of courtesy- stirred up thoughts and feelings than Doom had arrogantly to have been in control over. A swelling pride. A rush of ego. Victor swallowed hard.
"Such formalities are... unnecessary, Captain." Victor waved away Picard's bow. "We are no longer your guests, Jean-Luc."
View attachment 8696
"We are allies. Equals. We are all in the same ship, are we not?" Victor offered his hand to the Captain. His armor peeled back panel by panel until naught but cold, pale flesh remained. "Both figuratively, and, of course, literally..."

"I know not of these 'Ages' of which you speak,"
Doom calmly replied to Miguel's exclamations. "And I know not of who you are. But I know my nature. I am he. I am 'Doom', though I confess... I much prefer 'Victor'." Victor approached Spider-Man with slow, rhythmic footsteps. "I am proud to say that the man I was and the man I am now are connected in little more than name and memory. My 'make-over' was more than just physical, 'Spider-Man'. I take it that you too are trying to fill another man's shoes, stranger, yes? Then I shall provide you with the same benefit of the doubt that I pray you shall extend to me." Doom offered fellow 'hero' the same hand he had offered to Picard. "I am Victor von Doom, the Iron Man of 2016. And you are?"
@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Crunch @Lucky @Crow @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Chaos Sphere

"Understood," the Doctor says to the Spiderman of 2099. Despite saying that, he approaches Victor von Doom. "So, would you prefer to be called by your revealed name, Mr von Doom, or by your codename, Iron Man?"

@Jeremi @Sark @Ver

"I see... In that case, the best I can do is to wish for the best of your luck," he said politely before turning back to the TARDIS; and within there, he sees an ongoing discussion. Seeing that he seems to be late, he decided to just stand back and listen on their discussion from a distance. As far as he can pick up, everyone here is from their respective and completely separate Universe, each one sounding completely foreign to the other.

@Jeremi @Capri @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Yun Lee @AnyOtherParticipants/Witnesses

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Yun Lee @MaxIrvaron @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @AnyoneElse

"I don't know the year, but I'm pretty sure that's not it where I'm from. The world's practically a wasteland, but...according to an old legend, when the end of the world comes, a place known as Paradise will appear. However, only wolves will know how to find it." Kiba frowned.
"I'm pretty sure it's not mine then, too. Spent over fifty years in that wasteland and not a single lick of 'paradise' showed up," Five said, not taking into account the fact that he looks like a 13-year-old at the moment, and that none of these guys know about his ability to time travel.

D0w3cRWWkAESYVi.jpg

"Oh, and I'm Five by the way, just in case you needed a name to call me,"

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Yun Lee @MaxIrvaron @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @AnyoneElse

"I'm pretty sure it's not mine then, too. Spent over fifty years in that wasteland and not a single lick of 'paradise' showed up," Five said, not taking into account the fact that he looks like a 13-year-old at the moment, and that none of these guys know about his ability to time travel.

D0w3cRWWkAESYVi.jpg

"Oh, and I'm Five by the way, just in case you needed a name to call me,"

"As far as I know, humans who have tried to enter Paradise have been led to ruin. However, there were a few wolves who were getting close to opening Paradise but they hadn't yet." Kiba replied, before glancing down at Five.

"Fifty years?" He questioned, brow raised a moment. He studied Five a second, before shaking his head. Didn't look much older than Toboe, but if there were men in glowing suits and humans in spaceships from different worlds, then this wasn't the most shocking or unsettling revelation.

"Name's Kiba." He responded with a small nod in greeting.

@Jeremi @Capri @Sark @Ver @Chaos Sphere @MaxIrvaron @Yun Lee @Everyone

"An understatement. But it appears that the situation is under control," Doctor says, looking at Mr Von Doom take care of things.

"Understood," the Doctor says to the Spiderman of 2099. Despite saying that, he approaches Victor von Doom. "So, would you prefer to be called by your revealed name, Mr von Doom, or by your codename, Iron Man?"
Doctor von Doom, Victor thought to himself. I did not attend university for four years to referred to as Mister.
Doom bit his tongue. He swallowed his pride. He shook his head and raised his hand.
"Please, whichever is easier for you. My identity is no secret. If you wish to call be 'Victor', I will not oppose you. So long as you do not call be 'Vic', all shall be well between us."

@Jeremi @Crow @Ver @Takumi

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Takumi @Sark @Ver @Chaos Sphere @MaxIrvaron @Yun Lee @Crow @EveryoneElse

tumblr_pn4s6smwCI1sl5hjh_1280.jpg

"Pleasure to meet you, Kiba," Five responds.

"And yes, fifty years. I spent all those performing the right calculations to travel back in time to save the world. In order to do that, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum-state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time, but I messed up the calculations, and now I'm in my 13 year old body,"

"Victor or Doctor von Doom it shall be," Doctor adds, "all is well between us."

Turning to Kiba, he says, "paradise, I wonder if that concept is but a dream. Is it something to be discovered, or something to be created? Is it... impossible?"

@Sark @Takumi

"Well, mucho gusto, Five, Kiba, Viiiiiiic-" Max caught himself nicknaming Doom already. "-tor. Yeah, Victor, sure," Max began, giving them a stylish wink and a thumbs-up.

"Like I said, the name's Max Irvaron. I don't know how they greet people wherever you're from, but I hope this is fine..." Max looked around and sighed. "Even though I'm not a fan of the sudden change in scenery. Ugh, teleportation still makes me feel a bit dazed."

"And I am Max's SoulBound guardian, Solaris," Solaris announced. "I am the embodiment of the Key of Light we mentioned earlier. I'm glad we have so many potential allies to work with."

@Capri @Sark @Takumi @Crow @Everyone​

"Victor or Doctor von Doom it shall be," Doctor adds, "all is well between us."

Turning to Kiba, he says, "paradise, I wonder if that concept is but a dream. Is it something to be discovered, or something to be created? Is it... impossible?"

@Sark @Takumi

"Impossible? No, I don't think so." Kiba responded. If it was impossible, then why did he keep chasing after it? Why did he keep trying?

"Well, mucho gusto, Five, Kiba, Viiiiiiic-" Max caught himself nicknaming Doom already. "-tor. Yeah, Victor, sure," Max began, giving them a stylish wink and a thumbs-up.

"Like I said, the name's Max Irvaron. I don't know how they greet people wherever you're from, but I hope this is fine..." Max looked around and sighed. "Even though I'm not a fan of the sudden change in scenery. Ugh, teleportation still makes me feel a bit dazed."

"And I am Max's SoulBound guardian, Solaris," Solaris announced. "I am the embodiment of the Key of Light we mentioned earlier. I'm glad we have so many potential allies to work with."

@Capri @Sark @Takumi @Crow @Everyone​

Kiba gave Max a small nod in greeting, his gaze still on the armored individual who was called Doctor.

@Jeremi @Sark @Capri @MaxIrvaron @Crow @Everyone

"It's just that many define paradise as some sort of ideal or perfection. And you know what they say about perfection," Doctor says, "I am hoping to create it myself. It doesn't have to be a garden, or a place in the heavens. It just has to be a place where all are equal and coexist peacefully, while there is enough to go around. This paradise... it could be as big as the world, or it could be as small as Rhode's Island."

@Capri @Sark @Takumi @Crow @MaxIrvaron @Everyone​

Could be good. Could be bad. Could be lying. We'll see.

Jesse crossed her arms. If they were still somewhow within the Oldest House, Jesse knew it would not be long before the Hiss found their way here. Still, it as entirely possible that could not be the case. Was this ship another Place of Power that had pulled her in, or something else entirely?

"No, not like a snake. Like... a sound. A frequency." She shook her head. "Doesn't matter for now. My name's Jesse Faden." Jesse gestured to shake the Doctor's hand. The growing tension between the robot the woman wielding a bow had her giving them a sidelong glance, though Jesse wasn't sure if it was her place to say anything. Despite all of the technological breakthroughs the Bureau had achieved, they still did not quite have anything resembling robots that Jesse was aware of.

Too many people. Too many introductions. I'll figure it out as I go.

@Jeremi @Minerva @TARDIS

"Touché," Miguel only said in response to Doom, shrugging his arms outwardly in resignation. It was as Picard said; if they were going to be stuck together for a while, may as well take to working together with him. Not that this would be Miguel's first rodeo with a Doctor Doom, but it would have been foolhardy to let one's own guard down with him around, even if he did seem... different by the standards of what he recalled of the Heroic Age.

The hero of the future looked at Doom's hand for a brief second. Though his mask obscured his facial features well enough to make it ambiguous as to what he was truly thinking underneath, Miguel nodded eventually and shook Doom's hand firmly. "S-Man of 2099. Displaced in 2014 before I got here. It's... uh, a long story. It's too bad we're out of sync by just a tick from the sound of it," he remarked on the nature of the fickle time stream.

At least everyone seemed to be getting along swimmingly well. For now.

@Sark @Crow @Jeremi @Capri @Anybody

"Different worlds are news to me, but something or someone has to have gotten together for some reason. One I don't care for, as long as I can get back to the ones I was seperated from." He huffed out, a light growl in his tone towards the end as he spoke.

@Jeremi @Sark @Ver @Capri @Everyone

"We are going to do our best to get you back home,"
Picard assured Kiba. The captain wasn't quite sure what to make of the man. He looked human but there was something, animalistic hidden behind it.

View attachment 8696

"I know not of these 'Ages' of which you speak,"
Doom calmly replied to Miguel's exclamations. "And I know not of who you are. But I know my nature. I am he. I am 'Doom', though I confess... I much prefer 'Victor'." Victor approached Spider-Man with slow, rhythmic footsteps. "I am proud to say that the man I was and the man I am now are connected in little more than name and memory. My 'make-over' was more than just physical, 'Spider-Man'. I take it that you too are trying to fill another man's shoes, stranger, yes? Then I shall provide you with the same benefit of the doubt that I pray you shall extend to me." Doom offered fellow 'hero' the same hand he had offered to Picard. "I am Victor von Doom, the Iron Man of 2016. And you are?"

"You're right, of course," Picard replied with a nod. "Though since we are on a starship and I'm the captain my word is the final one," He smiled. "But I am more than happy to receive suggestions about what our next course of action would be."

Could be good. Could be bad. Could be lying. We'll see.

Jesse crossed her arms. If they were still somewhow within the Oldest House, Jesse knew it would not be long before the Hiss found their way here. Still, it as entirely possible that could not be the case. Was this ship another Place of Power that had pulled her in, or something else entirely?

"No, not like a snake. Like... a sound. A frequency." She shook her head. "Doesn't matter for now. My name's Jesse Faden." Jesse gestured to shake the Doctor's hand. The growing tension between the robot the woman wielding a bow had her giving them a sidelong glance, though Jesse wasn't sure if it was her place to say anything. Despite all of the technological breakthroughs the Bureau had achieved, they still did not quite have anything resembling robots that Jesse was aware of.

Too many people. Too many introductions. I'll figure it out as I go.

@Jeremi @Minerva @TARDIS

The Doctor took her hand into a friendly shake. "The Doctor, and no, that doesn't ring a bell." A chuckle. "Ring a bell. See because of sound and...nevermind."

As the Doctor went back to her tinkering Captain Picard got a message through the combadge. "Engineering to the Captain."

"Picard here. Report Mr. La Forge."

"Captain we've managed to fix the damage and we are ready to continue on."

"Make it so. While this situation is important we still have our original mission. The archeologists are no doubt getting anxious about us not showing up." Ending the communication Picard spoke loud enough for all to hear. "One situation is taken care of. With the larger one still a mystery."

Consciousness stirs from the black pool of the void. Darkness was all that welcomed him on the other side. Small, red eyes flutter awake within the metal shell, nothing illuminating his own face save for the natural light peeking in through long-lasting scars on the outer plating. A soft red light blinks at his face from the command interface, holographic runes in the tongue of the Tau'va flashing clearly before his eyes.

[CONSCIOUSNESS DETECTED. INITIATE SYSTEM REBOOT]
[CONSCIOUSNESS DETECTED. INITIATE SYSTEM REBOOT]
[CONSCIOUSNESS DETECTED--]

"Ugh," the commander grunted, blinking a few times before realizing where he was. The inside of his own battlesuit had never been so dark, he'd been troubled in finding out if the end had finally claimed him. In one passing moment, he was forcing the Dawn Blade down the throat of a flailing greenskin, the fires of war and glorious battle wreathed about him like a cloak. Then, in the next moment, there was naught but darkness.

Unfortunately for the unfathomable forces that be, death had yet to find O'Shovah without a blade gripped in his hand. He knew he was still alive. The T'au leaned forward in his tightly-packed cockpit, parting his lips for a moment before finally speaking.

"Initiate system reboot."

A muffled ping echoed from the interface. Suddenly, a plume of blue light washed over Farsight's face, the commander wincing slightly as his battlesuit subtly rose to life. His eyes and mind wired themselves to the machine once more, casting his vision through the lenses fastened to the battlesuit's head. Runes rapidly flashed by, an interface forming itself around his eye.

He was on the far end of a pristine white control room. The red hunk of metal remained as still as a corpse, the murmurs of its wearer masked without the vox-emitters turned on. Even without the XV8's senses turned on, he could hear voices stirring in the far end of the chamber—shadows lurking around the edge of the circular terminal-like device situated in the center of the room.

Farsight furrowed his brow, tempering his graveled voice into a harsh whisper. "Boot in low-power mode and minimize energy and audio emissions, and give me a status report."

[MINIMAL DAMAGED SUSTAINED.]

[IONOSPHERIC ANOMALY OCCURANCE DETECTED: ???? SECONDS AGO]

[APPROXIMATED GALACTIC LOCATION: UNKNOWN]

[NO KNOWN T'AU [SUB-BRANCH: FARSIGHT ENCLAVE] ENCODED COMMUNICATIONS DETECTED]

"Useless machine," he spat bitterly. "Scan for a local communications array."

[NEGATIVE: EXPECTED ELECTROMAGNETIC EMISSIONS BREACH LOW-POWER LIMITATIONS]

A warp-storm, perhaps. Some sort of stellar terror tearing open the sky just as it did when he found his Dawn Blade. Farsight's head tilted to the side slightly, emitting a muffled mechanical whirr. A strong streak of power flowed into his veins as the battlesuit's mechanical claws slowly curled around the hilt of the massive golden blade lying at his side.

His most trusted ally had yet to leave him, even in the most bizarre of circumstances.

Suddenly, one of the shadows at the other end of the room chose to show themselves. A bipedal figure wreathed in a skin-tight red outfit, bearing the unmistakable mug of a gue'la. Suddenly, the situation became much clearer for the briefest of moments before returning to unusual. O'Shovah knows their kind just as well as he knows the greenskins - capturing someone like him was not the gue'la way. They prefer to enact the final mercy upon anyone unfortunate to fall in their path.

They were humans. But they were not the fanatical bearers of that golden bird, nor were they the madmen worshippers of the Warp. They were something else entirely. There seemed to be, but only one path to ascertaining the truth of this situation. The commander furrowed his brow further, pulling up the interface once more through sheer force of will.

"Hm. Drop the low-power mode and engage thrusters. Initiate weapon systems. I must introduce myself."
"We are going to do our best to get you back home," Picard assured Kiba. The captain wasn't quite sure what to make of the man. He looked human but there was something, animalistic hidden behind it.

"You're right, of course," Picard replied with a nod. "Though since we are on a starship and I'm the captain my word is the final one," He smiled. "But I am more than happy to receive suggestions about what our next course of action would be."

The Doctor took her hand into a friendly shake. "The Doctor, and no, that doesn't ring a bell." A chuckle. "Ring a bell. See because of sound and...nevermind."

As the Doctor went back to her tinkering Captain Picard got a message through the combadge. "Engineering to the Captain."

"Picard here. Report Mr. La Forge."

"Captain we've managed to fix the damage and we are ready to continue on."

"Make it so. While this situation is important we still have our original mission. The archeologists are no doubt getting anxious about us not showing up." Ending the communication Picard spoke loud enough for all to hear. "One situation is taken care of. With the larger one still a mystery."

[SHWOOOOM!]

Suddenly, the air within the TARDIS shrieked as a rocket had taken off. A crimson blur soared from the far end of the chamber, slicing through the air like a miniaturized meteor as it just barely managed to avoid smashing into anything as it went. As it got closer within a half-second, Picard could make out the vague suggestion of a humanoid machine soaring at him.

[THUNK!]

Steel claws slammed into the floor of the TARDIS, the figure slowly rising to a full standing position over the meager human captain.

View attachment 8708

A crimson machine stood upright before the group, standing at least twice as tall as a common man. The thing was of some utterly alien design - sharp, geometric edges make up the bulk of his scarred outer plating, and tattered wreathes of fabric inscribed with unintelligible runes gently flowed behind him. Gripped in one of his gauntlets was what looked like a sword - far too large for any man to wield on his own, humming with energy as the towering entity stared at Picard.

Regardless of what reaction his stunt earned him, Farsight lurched forward with loud, metal stomps.

"You have much to explain, gue'la," he spoke in a deep, reverberating voice. "Explain why you've taken me from my men."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Lucky @Crow @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back