Side Story To Boldly Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consciousness stirs from the black pool of the void. Darkness was all that welcomed him on the other side. Small, red eyes flutter awake within the metal shell, nothing illuminating his own face save for the natural light peeking in through long-lasting scars on the outer plating. A soft red light blinks at his face from the command interface, holographic runes in the tongue of the Tau'va flashing clearly before his eyes.

[CONSCIOUSNESS DETECTED. INITIATE SYSTEM REBOOT]
[CONSCIOUSNESS DETECTED--]

"Ugh," the commander grunted, blinking a few times before realizing where he was. The inside of his own battlesuit had never been so dark, he'd been troubled in finding out if the end had finally claimed him. In one passing moment, he was forcing the Dawn Blade down the throat of a flailing greenskin, the fires of war and glorious battle wreathed about him like a cloak. Then, in the next moment, there was naught but darkness.

Unfortunately for the unfathomable forces that be, death had yet to find O'Shovah without a blade gripped in his hand. He knew he was still alive. The T'au leaned forward in his tightly-packed cockpit, parting his lips for a moment before finally speaking.

"Initiate system reboot."

A muffled ping echoed from the interface. Suddenly, a plume of blue light washed over Farsight's face, the commander wincing slightly as his battlesuit subtly rose to life. His eyes and mind wired themselves to the machine once more, casting his vision through the lenses fastened to the battlesuit's head. Runes rapidly flashed by, an interface forming itself around his eye.

He was on the far end of a pristine white control room. The red hunk of metal remained as still as a corpse, the murmurs of its wearer masked without the vox-emitters turned on. Even without the XV8's senses turned on, he could hear voices stirring in the far end of the chamber—shadows lurking around the edge of the circular terminal-like device situated in the center of the room.

Farsight furrowed his brow, tempering his graveled voice into a harsh whisper. "Boot in low-power mode and minimize energy and audio emissions, and give me a status report."

[MINIMAL DAMAGED SUSTAINED.]

[IONOSPHERIC ANOMALY OCCURANCE DETECTED: ???? SECONDS AGO]

[APPROXIMATED GALACTIC LOCATION: UNKNOWN]

[NO KNOWN T'AU [SUB-BRANCH: FARSIGHT ENCLAVE] ENCODED COMMUNICATIONS DETECTED]

"Useless machine," he spat bitterly. "Scan for a local communications array."

[NEGATIVE: EXPECTED ELECTROMAGNETIC EMISSIONS BREACH LOW-POWER LIMITATIONS]

A warp-storm, perhaps. Some sort of stellar terror tearing open the sky just as it did when he found his Dawn Blade. Farsight's head tilted to the side slightly, emitting a muffled mechanical whirr. A strong streak of power flowed into his veins as the battlesuit's mechanical claws slowly curled around the hilt of the massive golden blade lying at his side.

His most trusted ally had yet to leave him, even in the most bizarre of circumstances.

Suddenly, one of the shadows at the other end of the room chose to show themselves. A bipedal figure wreathed in a skin-tight red outfit, bearing the unmistakable mug of a gue'la. Suddenly, the situation became much clearer for the briefest of moments before returning to unusual. O'Shovah knows their kind just as well as he knows the greenskins - capturing someone like him was not the gue'la way. They prefer to enact the final mercy upon anyone unfortunate to fall in their path.

They were humans. But they were not the fanatical bearers of that golden bird, nor were they the madmen worshippers of the Warp. They were something else entirely. There seemed to be, but only one path to ascertaining the truth of this situation. The commander furrowed his brow further, pulling up the interface once more through sheer force of will.

"Hm. Drop the low-power mode and engage thrusters. Initiate weapon systems. I must introduce myself."

[SHWOOOOM!]

Suddenly, the air within the TARDIS shrieked as a rocket had taken off. A crimson blur soared from the far end of the chamber, slicing through the air like a miniaturized meteor as it just barely managed to avoid smashing into anything as it went. As it got closer within a half-second, Picard could make out the vague suggestion of a humanoid machine soaring at him.

[THUNK!]

Steel claws slammed into the floor of the TARDIS, the figure slowly rising to a full standing position over the meager human captain.

View attachment 8708

A crimson machine stood upright before the group, standing at least twice as tall as a common man. The thing was of some utterly alien design - sharp, geometric edges make up the bulk of his scarred outer plating, and tattered wreathes of fabric inscribed with unintelligible runes gently flowed behind him. Gripped in one of his gauntlets was what looked like a sword - far too large for any man to wield on his own, humming with energy as the towering entity stared at Picard.

Regardless of what reaction his stunt earned him, Farsight lurched forward with loud, metal stomps.

"You have much to explain, gue'la," he spoke in a deep, reverberating voice. "Explain why you've taken me from my men."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Lucky @Crow @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

"Wooow!" The Doctor exclaimed. "How didn't I see that! That's a very lovely piece of equipment you're wearing there." As the Doctor pulled out her sonic screwdriver to get some readings Captain Picard stood tall in front of the mech.

"We did not take you, we found you inside of this vessel and brought you aboard this Federation vessel. I am Captain Jean-Luc Picard of Starfleet and I wish to see you brought back to where you rightfully belong."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Lucky @Crow @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

Consciousness stirs from the black pool of the void. Darkness was all that welcomed him on the other side. Small, red eyes flutter awake within the metal shell, nothing illuminating his own face save for the natural light peeking in through long-lasting scars on the outer plating. A soft red light blinks at his face from the command interface, holographic runes in the tongue of the Tau'va flashing clearly before his eyes.

"Ugh," the commander grunted, blinking a few times before realizing where he was. The inside of his own battlesuit had never been so dark, he'd been troubled in finding out if the end had finally claimed him. In one passing moment, he was forcing the Dawn Blade down the throat of a flailing greenskin, the fires of war and glorious battle wreathed about him like a cloak. Then, in the next moment, there was naught but darkness.

Unfortunately for the unfathomable forces that be, death had yet to find O'Shovah without a blade gripped in his hand. He knew he was still alive. The T'au leaned forward in his tightly-packed cockpit, parting his lips for a moment before finally speaking.

A muffled ping echoed from the interface. Suddenly, a plume of blue light washed over Farsight's face, the commander wincing slightly as his battlesuit subtly rose to life. His eyes and mind wired themselves to the machine once more, casting his vision through the lenses fastened to the battlesuit's head. Runes rapidly flashed by, an interface forming itself around his eye.

He was on the far end of a pristine white control room. The red hunk of metal remained as still as a corpse, the murmurs of its wearer masked without the vox-emitters turned on. Even without the XV8's senses turned on, he could hear voices stirring in the far end of the chamber—shadows lurking around the edge of the circular terminal-like device situated in the center of the room.

Farsight furrowed his brow, tempering his graveled voice into a harsh whisper. "Boot in low-power mode and minimize energy and audio emissions, and give me a status report."

A warp-storm, perhaps. Some sort of stellar terror tearing open the sky just as it did when he found his Dawn Blade. Farsight's head tilted to the side slightly, emitting a muffled mechanical whirr. A strong streak of power flowed into his veins as the battlesuit's mechanical claws slowly curled around the hilt of the massive golden blade lying at his side.

His most trusted ally had yet to leave him, even in the most bizarre of circumstances.

Suddenly, one of the shadows at the other end of the room chose to show themselves. A bipedal figure wreathed in a skin-tight red outfit, bearing the unmistakable mug of a gue'la. Suddenly, the situation became much clearer for the briefest of moments before returning to unusual. O'Shovah knows their kind just as well as he knows the greenskins - capturing someone like him was not the gue'la way. They prefer to enact the final mercy upon anyone unfortunate to fall in their path.

They were humans. But they were not the fanatical bearers of that golden bird, nor were they the madmen worshippers of the Warp. They were something else entirely. There seemed to be, but only one path to ascertaining the truth of this situation. The commander furrowed his brow further, pulling up the interface once more through sheer force of will.

"Hm. Drop the low-power mode and engage thrusters. Initiate weapon systems. I must introduce myself."

[SHWOOOOM!]

Suddenly, the air within the TARDIS shrieked as a rocket had taken off. A crimson blur soared from the far end of the chamber, slicing through the air like a miniaturized meteor as it just barely managed to avoid smashing into anything as it went. As it got closer within a half-second, Picard could make out the vague suggestion of a humanoid machine soaring at him.

[THUNK!]

Steel claws slammed into the floor of the TARDIS, the figure slowly rising to a full standing position over the meager human captain.

View attachment 8708

A crimson machine stood upright before the group, standing at least twice as tall as a common man. The thing was of some utterly alien design - sharp, geometric edges make up the bulk of his scarred outer plating, and tattered wreathes of fabric inscribed with unintelligible runes gently flowed behind him. Gripped in one of his gauntlets was what looked like a sword - far too large for any man to wield on his own, humming with energy as the towering entity stared at Picard.

Regardless of what reaction his stunt earned him, Farsight lurched forward with loud, metal stomps.

"You have much to explain, gue'la," he spoke in a deep, reverberating voice. "Explain why you've taken me from my men."

Upon seeing the machine approach Picard, the SoulBound and Keyborne duo had different reactions. Solaris moved a bit closer, making sure that he posed no physical threat to Picard, while Max moved backwards; partially because he was intimidating by the crimson menace, but also because his style worked much better at a distance. Whatever the case, it was easy to tell that the two of them were very wary of whatever Farsight's next move was.

They say they're from different galaxies than the Natsu, but that thing looks like it came straight outta... uh... what's the kingdom with EJ as their princess called again? thought Max as he looked Farsight up and down.

Oh, Caccio Spirito, of course, Solaris answered. One of the Light Keybornes got armor from that kingdom several millennia ago... and from what I remember, you're correct. They are strikingly similar, though I'm not sensing any Drive energy attached to this piece of armor.

Makes it easy if this giant tries to attack,
rationalized Max, still thinking about what to do if Farsight became hostile. One arrow from behind along with a sword strike from you on his front, and he is going down.

That's surprisingly tactical of you,
noticed Solaris. Perhaps that Luna girl does have some positive effects on you after all.

Thanks, Dad,
Max mocked, smirking and rolling his eyes.

@Crunch @Anyone who notices the two​

"It's just that many define paradise as some sort of ideal or perfection. And you know what they say about perfection," Doctor says, "I am hoping to create it myself. It doesn't have to be a garden, or a place in the heavens. It just has to be a place where all are equal and coexist peacefully, while there is enough to go around. This paradise... it could be as big as the world, or it could be as small as Rhode's Island."

"Creating a paradise? As utopian as such a concept may be, I personally have not seen it reach a point in reality. Even re-writing the entire world itself with the combined will of humanity did not seem enough to grant my world true paradise. If there was a paradise any, it did not seem to last long until it was destroyed again," Yamato stepped forward as he tried to recall a part of the chaos that occurred prior to him being here. All he remembered were the sounds of pain, the destruction, and the dead bodies of both the helpless and those who stood up to fight. He then closed his eyes to reflect on this, "But if you can guarantee that no such destruction would touch the Paradise you so desired, I may be willing to cooperate at some point."

[SHWOOOOM!]

The moment he heard the sound, he opened his eyes and reacted nearly as fast as the rocket-powered entity moved, leaping away from its course to increase distance and pulling out his JP's phone as a yellow aura enveloped him halfway to slow down his. Yamato let out a sigh of relief as he knew that the Dragon Stream is with him, albeit weakened by multiple factors. Although it appeared to him that whatever that thing could be did not have any intention to ram anyone on its way to Picard, he can't help but be on his guard when it comes to anything that does these kinds of introductions.

Upon seeing the machine approach Picard, the SoulBound and Keyborne duo had different reactions. Solaris moved a bit closer, making sure that he posed no physical threat to Picard, while Max moved backwards; partially because he was intimidating by the crimson menace, but also because his style worked much better at a distance. Whatever the case, it was easy to tell that the two of them were very wary of whatever Farsight's next move was.

They say they're from different galaxies than the Natsu, but that thing looks like it came straight outta... uh... what's the kingdom with EJ as their princess called again? thought Max as he looked Farsight up and down.

Oh, Caccio Spirito, of course, Solaris answered. One of the Light Keybornes got armor from that kingdom several millennia ago... and from what I remember, you're correct. They are strikingly similar, though I'm not sensing any Drive energy attached to this piece of armor.

Makes it easy if this giant tries to attack,
rationalized Max, still thinking about what to do if Farsight became hostile. One arrow from behind along with a sword strike from you on his front, and he is going down.

That's surprisingly tactical of you,
noticed Solaris. Perhaps that Luna girl does have some positive effects on you after all.

Thanks, Dad,
Max mocked, smirking and rolling his eyes.

Seeing how the lad with the spiritual companion reacted, he decided that keeping guard up is not a bad idea. In fact, he'd rather be prepared to preserve himself from any possible outrage. He walked towards him with the intention to partially secure one of his sides while adjusting the gloves on both of his hands (done while his phone still being held).

"Drive Energy? I'm interested to know about such a force." Yamato addressed Max as he started selecting Skills from his phone in case the entity now in front of Picard does turn hostile, "On the meantime, you may need additional firepower should things get awry. We do not truly understand what thing being might be, or what capabilities it may possess."

----------

@Jeremi @Crow @Crunch @MaxIrvaron @AnyOtherWitnesses/Participants

"It's just that many define paradise as some sort of ideal or perfection. And you know what they say about perfection," Doctor says, "I am hoping to create it myself. It doesn't have to be a garden, or a place in the heavens. It just has to be a place where all are equal and coexist peacefully, while there is enough to go around. This paradise... it could be as big as the world, or it could be as small as Rhode's Island."

@Capri @Sark @Takumi @Crow @MaxIrvaron @Everyone​

"Paradise, at least in my world, is described as a place where a flower called the Lunar Flower grows. Lots of them. Don't see many of them anymore in or outside of dingy cities." Kiba hummed.

"Never heard of Rhode Island. That your home?" He asked.

"We are going to do our best to get you back home," Picard assured Kiba. The captain wasn't quite sure what to make of the man. He looked human but there was something, animalistic hidden behind it.

"You're right, of course," Picard replied with a nod. "Though since we are on a starship and I'm the captain my word is the final one," He smiled. "But I am more than happy to receive suggestions about what our next course of action would be."

The Doctor took her hand into a friendly shake. "The Doctor, and no, that doesn't ring a bell." A chuckle. "Ring a bell. See because of sound and...nevermind."

As the Doctor went back to her tinkering Captain Picard got a message through the combadge. "Engineering to the Captain."

"Picard here. Report Mr. La Forge."

"Captain we've managed to fix the damage and we are ready to continue on."

"Make it so. While this situation is important we still have our original mission. The archeologists are no doubt getting anxious about us not showing up." Ending the communication Picard spoke loud enough for all to hear. "One situation is taken care of. With the larger one still a mystery."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Crunch @Lucky @Crow @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

"That's all I can ask, so thanks." Kiba nodded. When Picard mentioned something about archeologists waiting, Kiba regarded him quietly for a moment.

[SHWOOOOM!]

[THUNK!]

View attachment 8708

"Wooow!" The Doctor exclaimed. "How didn't I see that! That's a very lovely piece of equipment you're wearing there." As the Doctor pulled out her sonic screwdriver to get some readings Captain Picard stood tall in front of the mech.

"We did not take you, we found you inside of this vessel and brought you aboard this Federation vessel. I am Captain Jean-Luc Picard of Starfleet and I wish to see you brought back to where you rightfully belong."

7d9ccbc31f981c3aed3f49436bb91e1c.jpg

Kiba's stance had shifted. Shoulders back, hands clenched to his sides in tight fists and narrowed eyes at the large tin beast before them as his lip curled back enough to show a sharp canine in a silent warning. He simply watched, wary, even as Picard stood his ground and made his case clear.

While he didn't expect a fight to break out since they were in space, there was no telling on if whoever was in the metal suit cared much about that bit of information.

@Jeremi @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Crow @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Space_Candy @Chaos Sphere @Everyone

"Creating a paradise? As utopian as such a concept may be, I personally have not seen it reach a point in reality. Even re-writing the entire world itself with the combined will of humanity did not seem enough to grant my world true paradise. If there was a paradise any, it did not seem to last long until it was destroyed again," Yamato stepped forward as he tried to recall a part of the chaos that occurred prior to him being here. All he remembered were the sounds of pain, the destruction, and the dead bodies of both the helpless and those who stood up to fight. He then closed his eyes to reflect on this, "But if you can guarantee that no such destruction would touch the Paradise you so desired, I may be willing to cooperate at some point."

@Jeremi @Crow @Crunch @MaxIrvaron @AnyOtherWitnesses/Participants

"That is correct to a degree. A utopia or paradise is deemed impossible by many, but we should always strive to be as close to it as possible," Doctor responds, "what is destroyed can be rebuilt by a new generation of pioneers who will learn from the mistakes of the past. That is the cycle that all of us as intelligent races must face.

You, in Rhode's Island? Tempting. I suppose you could help me take care of Ifrit if you ever come here."

"Paradise, at least in my world, is described as a place where a flower called the Lunar Flower grows. Lots of them. Don't see many of them anymore in or outside of dingy cities." Kiba hummed.

"Never heard of Rhode Island. That your home?" He asked.

"That's all I can ask, so thanks." Kiba nodded. When Picard mentioned something about archeologists waiting, Kiba regarded him quietly for a moment.

7d9ccbc31f981c3aed3f49436bb91e1c.jpg

Kiba's stance had shifted. Shoulders back, hands clenched to his sides in tight fists and narrowed eyes at the large tin beast before them as his lip curled back enough to show a sharp canine in a silent warning. He simply watched, wary, even as Picard stood his ground and made his case clear.

While he didn't expect a fight to break out since they were in space, there was no telling on if whoever was in the metal suit cared much about that bit of information.

@Jeremi @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Crow @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Space_Candy @Chaos Sphere @Everyone

"Rhode's Island is a moving fortress in which I live in and work in. So yes, it is my home," Doctor adds. "It is a place where we house those infected with Oripathy, for most of Terra shuns and rejects them. We hope to cure the disease while coexisting with them. And... well, there is a lot we do to head towards the concept of paradise. There are of course people with and without Oripathy there."

@Chaos Sphere @Takumi

The battlesuit did not heel to any attempt to threaten him away from the captain or the Doctor, merely acknowledging the presence of others with a slight, whirring tilt of his 'head'. When the human had begun to speak finally, however, the battlesuit's camera snapped towards him like a cocked gun. Commander Farsight stared at a face that he'd been all too familiar with.

The face of a thousand dead soldiers, each endowed with a seed of fanaticism that stoked the fires along with the worlds of the Damocles Gulf. Ancient starfarers who would have crushed the Tau Empire through sheer attrition alone, had they not been drawn away from their genocidal crusade by the arrival of the Great Devourer. The mark of a two-headed Aquila that heralded a century of blood and genocide.

Farsight had a hard time separating that icon from this man's face. But, to think that they would be responsible for this is unlikely. That fact alone turned Farsight's sword downward, the high-power emissions in his suit beginning just slightly to dim according to the Doctor's subtle scanning.

View attachment 8725

"Starfleet," the commander repeated the name, with a hint of interest in his metallic voice. "You do not bear the same allegiance as the rest of your kind -- Imperial strategy doesn't involve the capture of aliens. You aren't an agent of Aun'va and his lap-dogs. And... I know you do not bear the taint of Chaos, either."

"Curious. You are either a traitor to your kin, gue'la, or something has happened. Something that I must correct."

Farsight slowly turned, casting a baleful blue glow over the surrounding crowd. Wildly different weapons. Wildly different architecture. The influence of the Warp was thick in the implication, but Farsight had no evidence to prove that these gue'la were responsible for his 'kidnapping'. A chance for Torchstar to prove her skill in commanding a ramshackle force, he silently thought to himself.

The Doctor couldn't get much useful information out of the crimson machine itself, save for some general readings regarding power emissions and basic architecture. What was clear is that the suit was extremely advanced; it was powered by some internal battery that alone went above and beyond even the most powerful of nuclear fusion reactors. The system architecture would've have been utterly alien to her, however, as it was written and encoded in a language she'd never heard of before. It was from like it was from a completely different universe.

Suddenly, the sonic screwdriver would have picked up something truly odd as she subtly ran it near the massive sword that the machine was heaving in its hand. The blade of the weapon was forged from an archaic alloy that, as far as someone like the Doctor could tell, shouldn't exist - because it had the telltale emissions of a material that could bend the properties of time itself.

It was almost like a black hole, drawing time into it. Something that she'd describe as the sword being able to 'steal time itself.' Farsight didn't even seem to notice her as she went, but he heaved the blade away from her before she could finish her scans.

"I've spared your life, captain. Take that time you have left to explain why I am to trust you, and why I am here. Only once we've left this... tiny box."

@Jeremi @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Crow @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Space_Candy @Chaos Sphere @Everyone​

❝ ... is there any available communication operations to use? ❞ Ivy asked after assessing that a scan was not going to give her new information. So the next course of action was to find a way to communicate with her contacts back in home base.

"Not to what I assume you are going to propose," Dr. Crusher remarked to Ivy. "You're a long way from home."

The battlesuit did not heel to any attempt to threaten him away from the captain or the Doctor, merely acknowledging the presence of others with a slight, whirring tilt of his 'head'. When the human had begun to speak finally, however, the battlesuit's camera snapped towards him like a cocked gun. Commander Farsight stared at a face that he'd been all too familiar with.

The face of a thousand dead soldiers, each endowed with a seed of fanaticism that stoked the fires along with the worlds of the Damocles Gulf. Ancient starfarers who would have crushed the Tau Empire through sheer attrition alone, had they not been drawn away from their genocidal crusade by the arrival of the Great Devourer. The mark of a two-headed Aquila that heralded a century of blood and genocide.

Farsight had a hard time separating that icon from this man's face. But, to think that they would be responsible for this is unlikely. That fact alone turned Farsight's sword downward, the high-power emissions in his suit beginning just slightly to dim according to the Doctor's subtle scanning.

View attachment 8725

"Starfleet," the commander repeated the name, with a hint of interest in his metallic voice. "You do not bear the same allegiance as the rest of your kind -- Imperial strategy doesn't involve the capture of aliens. You aren't an agent of Aun'va and his lap-dogs. And... I know you do not bear the taint of Chaos, either."

"Curious. You are either a traitor to your kin, gue'la, or something has happened. Something that I must correct."

Farsight slowly turned, casting a baleful blue glow over the surrounding crowd. Wildly different weapons. Wildly different architecture. The influence of the Warp was thick in the implication, but Farsight had no evidence to prove that these gue'la were responsible for his 'kidnapping'. A chance for Torchstar to prove her skill in commanding a ramshackle force, he silently thought to himself.

The Doctor couldn't get much useful information out of the crimson machine itself, save for some general readings regarding power emissions and basic architecture. What was clear is that the suit was extremely advanced; it was powered by some internal battery that alone went above and beyond even the most powerful of nuclear fusion reactors. The system architecture would've have been utterly alien to her, however, as it was written and encoded in a language she'd never heard of before. It was from like it was from a completely different universe.

Suddenly, the sonic screwdriver would have picked up something truly odd as she subtly ran it near the massive sword that the machine was heaving in its hand. The blade of the weapon was forged from an archaic alloy that, as far as someone like the Doctor could tell, shouldn't exist - because it had the telltale emissions of a material that could bend the properties of time itself.

It was almost like a black hole, drawing time into it. Something that she'd describe as the sword being able to 'steal time itself.' Farsight didn't even seem to notice her as she went, but he heaved the blade away from her before she could finish her scans.

"I've spared your life, captain. Take that time you have left to explain why I am to trust you, and why I am here. Only once we've left this... tiny box."

@Jeremi @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Crow @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Space_Candy @Chaos Sphere @Everyone​

"Tiny box?" The Doctor sounded offended. "Do you not see how big it is on the inside? If she was working you'd be more impressed I bet" She scoffed. "Tiny box..."

Well, they had to start with something. "You have no reason to trust me. That much is true, but this situation would have gone very differently had we been a hostile force. All I can say is that as long as you are on this ship you will not be harmed unless you pose a threat to the safety of my crew. Will that be enough to calm your suspicions?"

The situation was almost palpable and Picard knew that he couldn’t have the group confined inside the cargo bay any longer. “As a gesture of good faith,” Picard first remarked to Commander Farsight and then extended it to the others. “If any of you had any true malicious plans for us they would have been inacted by now. Except for some early jumping the gun.” Picard didn’t mention names but a quick look over to Number 5 said it all. “If you care to follow me, I believe it is time for us to have a proper meeting.”

With that Picard motioned to the group to follow him from the cargo bay. After some creative lateral thinking in getting Commander Farsight out of the TARDIS and the Doctor having to fetch Aloy from inside the TARDIS (she ended up finding the girl somewhere between the library and the costume room) they made their way towards Ten Forward.

With so many people a meeting in the usual Conference room was an impossibility. Instead He opted for the meeting to happen in the ships lounge area. Removed of member of the ship excluding the senior officers of the ship. The group would see some new faces as they entered. A man in a red uniform similar to the one Picard was wearing he had a beard that exhumed confidence. Another man in a yellow suit with some sort of visor over his eyes another person in yellow. While he looked human there was something…artificial about him. The alien they called Worf was also there glaring daggers at Number 5 as they stepped in. Joining them was Counselor Troi and Dr. Crusher and they could see a woman tending a bar. Surprising that she was allowed to stay considering the situation. There seemed to be a large table set up in the middle of the lounge area where everyone could find a place to sit. All of the senior officers seemed to have settled themselves on the left end of the tables.

Once everyone was seated Picard introduced the rest that they didn’t know. The bearded one was evidently First Officer William Riker, the one with the visor Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge whose last name they had heard earlier and the being with the pasty skin was Data, an android, which explained his look. With introductions out of the way Picard began the meeting.

“Let’s surmise the situation. We spotted the TARDIS after a freak Ion Storm downed our engines and we were forced to make repairs. Inside we found its owner. The Doctor,”

“Hello! I’m the Doctor!” She gave them all a wave.

“And a dozen of others. Some familiar with one another but the majority unfamiliar. The main thread being that everyone do not belong to this world. Be it by time or space. All strangers.”

His first attention went to Data. “Mr. Data have you figured out anything more since we spoke.”

“Negative captain,” Data remarked. “I have gone through the readings multiple times and not found anything substantial,”

Picard nodded. “Mr. La Forge?”

The man shook his head

“Nothing to report captain. We fixed the issues the Ion Storm caused and we’re back en route to the site.”

“That’s right,” The Doctor remarked. “You mentioned something about archeologist. Mind tellin’ us what that’s all about?”

Picard nodded. “We are on a mission to collect a crew that have been excavating a nearby class-M planet, a planet with similar characteristics to Earth, there appears to have been an ancient society living there but are now only ruins. I had understood that there had been some fascinating discovery before communications died. We thought it might have been because of the Ion Storm but continuous hailing’s have been ignored.” It was Riker’s turn to speak up next.

“I take it that we are still on course for the planet despite our current situation?”

“That’s right. For all we know it might be tied to our visitors.”

“Possible,” The Doctor remarked. “Suspicious though. I’m tryin’ to wrap my head around why this all happened. I was out traveling with my friends when suddenly everything went dark and I ended up here. With these people. Time and space travel is one thing but on this scale.”

“Do you believe it could be the Q?” Riker asked Picard and the other Senior officers. “This certainly feels like something he could do.”

“The thought crossed my mind earlier,” Picard admitted. “But I believe it was him he would’ve made his presence felt by now. Q is not someone that stays hidden for long. Counselor Troi, what did you find out?”

Troi shook her head. “Not much. Confusion was the biggest overwhelming emotion I could sense but there was also a…flash of some sort in my mind’s eye illuminating everything like a-”

“Like a lightning storm.” Picard’s remark made Troi nod.

“Yes, exactly. That was the only thing I could find that was same among everyone.”

“Seems like we might have found the cause of our predicament,” The Doctor came in. “A storm happening to everyone at the same time? Mighty suspicious that.”

“That still doesn’t explain how a storm, ion or otherwise, could have caused this,” Data remarked in a matter of fact tone.

“A mystery needing solving. Good thing I’m here,” The Doctor had a cheeky grin on her face as she said that.

“Speaking of, Doctor. The current situation of the TARDIS?”

“Dead. Deader than dead in fact,” The Doctor remarked sadly. “The base operations are functioning but the actual controls aren’t responding to anything. Might as well have the old girl as a fancy paperweight. I tried to do diagnostics but they just told me nothing was wrong. So it lied right to my face.”

So that was a dead end it seemed. Picard wasn’t sure what more there was to say. “As for the current situation…it is quite clear the crew of the Enterprise and you all have been entwined and linked to a mystery that needs to be solved. You are granted a certain freedom on the Enterprise for the duration of your stay with us. While we will not start any alerts we will have security stationed around the ship. You will have free reign to walk the hallways, visit Ten Forward. We do not have enough space for living quarters but we are turning cargo bay 3 that houses the TARDIS as a place for you all to rest. The places off limits to you will be the bridge, engineering,” He turned towards Dr. Doom. “Without any supervision. Otherwise the ship is open to you all. We are going out on a limb to trust you all so I hope that trust won’t be betrayed.” Picard looked around the group. “Is there any questions? If not I will call this meeting to an end.”

"Not to what I assume you are going to propose," Dr. Crusher remarked to Ivy. "You're a long way from home."

"Tiny box?" The Doctor sounded offended. "Do you not see how big it is on the inside? If she was working you'd be more impressed I bet" She scoffed. "Tiny box..."

Well, they had to start with something. "You have no reason to trust me. That much is true, but this situation would have gone very differently had we been a hostile force. All I can say is that as long as you are on this ship you will not be harmed unless you pose a threat to the safety of my crew. Will that be enough to calm your suspicions?"

The situation was almost palpable and Picard knew that he couldn’t have the group confined inside the cargo bay any longer. “As a gesture of good faith,” Picard first remarked to Commander Farsight and then extended it to the others. “If any of you had any true malicious plans for us they would have been inacted by now. Except for some early jumping the gun.” Picard didn’t mention names but a quick look over to Number 5 said it all. “If you care to follow me, I believe it is time for us to have a proper meeting.”

With that Picard motioned to the group to follow him from the cargo bay. After some creative lateral thinking in getting Commander Farsight out of the TARDIS and the Doctor having to fetch Aloy from inside the TARDIS (she ended up finding the girl somewhere between the library and the costume room) they made their way towards Ten Forward.

With so many people a meeting in the usual Conference room was an impossibility. Instead He opted for the meeting to happen in the ships lounge area. Removed of member of the ship excluding the senior officers of the ship. The group would see some new faces as they entered. A man in a red uniform similar to the one Picard was wearing he had a beard that exhumed confidence. Another man in a yellow suit with some sort of visor over his eyes another person in yellow. While he looked human there was something…artificial about him. The alien they called Worf was also there glaring daggers at Number 5 as they stepped in. Joining them was Counselor Troi and Dr. Crusher and they could see a woman tending a bar. Surprising that she was allowed to stay considering the situation. There seemed to be a large table set up in the middle of the lounge area where everyone could find a place to sit. All of the senior officers seemed to have settled themselves on the left end of the tables.

Once everyone was seated Picard introduced the rest that they didn’t know. The bearded one was evidently First Officer William Riker, the one with the visor Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge whose last name they had heard earlier and the being with the pasty skin was Data, an android, which explained his look. With introductions out of the way Picard began the meeting.

“Let’s surmise the situation. We spotted the TARDIS after a freak Ion Storm downed our engines and we were forced to make repairs. Inside we found its owner. The Doctor,”

“Hello! I’m the Doctor!” She gave them all a wave.

“And a dozen of others. Some familiar with one another but the majority unfamiliar. The main thread being that everyone do not belong to this world. Be it by time or space. All strangers.”

His first attention went to Data. “Mr. Data have you figured out anything more since we spoke.”

“Negative captain,” Data remarked. “I have gone through the readings multiple times and not found anything substantial,”

Picard nodded. “Mr. La Forge?”

The man shook his head

“Nothing to report captain. We fixed the issues the Ion Storm caused and we’re back en route to the site.”

“That’s right,” The Doctor remarked. “You mentioned something about archeologist. Mind tellin’ us what that’s all about?”

Picard nodded. “We are on a mission to collect a crew that have been excavating a nearby class-M planet, a planet with similar characteristics to Earth, there appears to have been an ancient society living there but are now only ruins. I had understood that there had been some fascinating discovery before communications died. We thought it might have been because of the Ion Storm but continuous hailing’s have been ignored.” It was Riker’s turn to speak up next.

“I take it that we are still on course for the planet despite our current situation?”

“That’s right. For all we know it might be tied to our visitors.”

“Possible,” The Doctor remarked. “Suspicious though. I’m tryin’ to wrap my head around why this all happened. I was out traveling with my friends when suddenly everything went dark and I ended up here. With these people. Time and space travel is one thing but on this scale.”

“Do you believe it could be the Q?” Riker asked Picard and the other Senior officers. “This certainly feels like something he could do.”

“The thought crossed my mind earlier,” Picard admitted. “But I believe it was him he would’ve made his presence felt by now. Q is not someone that stays hidden for long. Counselor Troi, what did you find out?”

Troi shook her head. “Not much. Confusion was the biggest overwhelming emotion I could sense but there was also a…flash of some sort in my mind’s eye illuminating everything like a-”

“Like a lightning storm.” Picard’s remark made Troi nod.

“Yes, exactly. That was the only thing I could find that was same among everyone.”

“Seems like we might have found the cause of our predicament,” The Doctor came in. “A storm happening to everyone at the same time? Mighty suspicious that.”

“That still doesn’t explain how a storm, ion or otherwise, could have caused this,” Data remarked in a matter of fact tone.

“A mystery needing solving. Good thing I’m here,” The Doctor had a cheeky grin on her face as she said that.

“Speaking of, Doctor. The current situation of the TARDIS?”

“Dead. Deader than dead in fact,” The Doctor remarked sadly. “The base operations are functioning but the actual controls aren’t responding to anything. Might as well have the old girl as a fancy paperweight. I tried to do diagnostics but they just told me nothing was wrong. So it lied right to my face.”

So that was a dead end it seemed. Picard wasn’t sure what more there was to say. “As for the current situation…it is quite clear the crew of the Enterprise and you all have been entwined and linked to a mystery that needs to be solved. You are granted a certain freedom on the Enterprise for the duration of your stay with us. While we will not start any alerts we will have security stationed around the ship. You will have free reign to walk the hallways, visit Ten Forward. We do not have enough space for living quarters but we are turning cargo bay 3 that houses the TARDIS as a place for you all to rest. The places off limits to you will be the bridge, engineering,” He turned towards Dr. Doom. “Without any supervision. Otherwise the ship is open to you all. We are going out on a limb to trust you all so I hope that trust won’t be betrayed.” Picard looked around the group. “Is there any questions? If not I will call this meeting to an end.”

"Eh, sounds good to me," replied Max, who was chilling with his arms relaxed and behind his head. During the conversation, he tried to pay attention; he really did. But all he heard was "blah blah blah oh no blah blah blah could it have been this? blah blah blah oh it wasn't blah blah blah dang we don't know anything". At that point, he just didn't think there was good reason to listen.

Oh, Mackenzie. If you're going to be a Keyborne, you must be more attentive than that. I think they dropped some vital information in that discussion, Solaris scolded mentally.

Yeah, that's your thing, Max replied, thinking while his body was still in the same position. If you really think there was something important they said, you should probably go talk to them. I'm going to relax until we know how to get back home.

Very well then.
Solaris and Max, at this point, began to walk in separate directions; Solaris headed towards The Doctor and Picard while Max began to walk towards Kiba... though he smiled and winked at Counselor Troi on the way.

----

Solaris approached Picard, his heavy steps making a bit of an impact as he traveled. With his golden Spartan-esque helmet that didn't show his eyes (he didn't have any in the first place), he might have seemed a bit intimidating at first glance, but his human, relaxed way of walking showed that he meant no harm before he stopped near the crew.

"Excuse me," he began, his head facing Picard. "I noticed one of your crewmates mentioning that you were already on course for a different planet. May I hear about what you all were planning to do before this... mystery began?"

@Jeremi
----

On the other hand, Max walked towards Kiba after trying to charm Counselor Troi, with his arms still relaxing his head but his smile turning into a far more neutral expression.

"Hey, Kiba," he greeted, remembering the boy's name. He in particular was easier to remember because he looked around Max's age, just taller and perhaps a few years older. "You were side-eyeing me a bit when we first showed up. Am I reading too much into it, or is there something you thought of telling me?"

Max still remembered how, a few minutes after awakening, while most had confused expressions, as soon as Max spoke Kiba looked quite... wary? Almost as if Max was familiar... but based on his expression from what Max remembered, it definitely wasn't a friendly kind of familiar. Perhaps Kiba was from the Natsu, and some jerk spread rumors about the great Lord of the Light that made him think negatively of him!

Well, I probably have my admirers. Perhaps someone got so jealous of my fame that they decided to sully my name, Max thought, chuckling to himself. How would Lucy put it? Oh, she'd call it pitiful. Yeah, pitiful describes it pretty well.

@Takumi

Thump, thump, thump.

Cloud felt his heart race, the feeling pulling him out of his sleep-like state. He was in a foreign place, something that was all too familiar for him. He looked around, there were others just as confused as him. He decided to lay low, try and not stir any attack- but kept his hand on his blade in case of any trouble.

He followed them aimlessly, seeing new people, and hearing confusing conversations. He blinked at the woman who called herself 'the doctor' as she spoke.

She didn't look like any doctor he had seen.

@Jeremi @anyone

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Lucky @Crow @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

To Five, it was fairly obvious that he was not very well-liked among the crew of the Enterprise, so asking for anything at all is out of the question. He knows better than to mess with people who don't really like him that much unless it's for business reasons.

With that said, he would definitely like himself a coffee right now.

The boy sat nearby Kiba, who he considers being his ally for the time being.

That's when Max showed up.

View attachment 8727
"Of course people would side-eye you, you dress like you listened to Panic! at the Disco and decided to start a band despite not knowing how to play a single musical instrument," Five snidely remarked in Kiba's defense.​

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Lucky @Crow @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

To Five, it was fairly obvious that he was not very well-liked among the crew of the Enterprise, so asking for anything at all is out of the question. He knows better than to mess with people who don't really like him that much unless it's for business reasons.

View attachment 8727
"Of course people would side-eye you, you dress like you listened to Panic! at the Disco and decided to start a band despite not knowing how to play a single musical instrument," Five snidely remarked in Kiba's defense.​
"Hey, don't get jealous now," Max snarked back with a faint smile. "I know, I know, I'm prone to making people stare... especially the la-dies." He turned and winked and Counselor Troi again before his expression became more serious once more. Whether Max was switching moods incredibly quickly or he was just putting on an act, it was hard to tell.

"But when you're a Keyborne like I am, you've got to notice when someone is really taking note of you, and..." Max turned to look Kiba in the eye. His neutral expression was looking more and more like a frown as time passed.

Yeah, of course I remember a glance like that, Max thought to himself, remembering some memories from when he first learned he was a Keyborne and became a Driver. It's the same look that shaggy white-haired teenager who keeps trying to kill me gave me when I first met him. Guess the Lord of the Light has made more enemies than just that psycho.

"...well, it doesn't look like I bring you a lot of good memories..."

@Capri @Takumi

"Eh, sounds good to me," replied Max, who was chilling with his arms relaxed and behind his head. During the conversation, he tried to pay attention; he really did. But all he heard was "blah blah blah oh no blah blah blah could it have been this? blah blah blah oh it wasn't blah blah blah dang we don't know anything". At that point, he just didn't think there was good reason to listen.

Oh, Mackenzie. If you're going to be a Keyborne, you must be more attentive than that. I think they dropped some vital information in that discussion, Solaris scolded mentally.

Yeah, that's your thing, Max replied, thinking while his body was still in the same position. If you really think there was something important they said, you should probably go talk to them. I'm going to relax until we know how to get back home.

Very well then.
Solaris and Max, at this point, began to walk in separate directions; Solaris headed towards The Doctor and Picard while Max began to walk towards Kiba... though he smiled and winked at Counselor Troi on the way.

----

Solaris approached Picard, his heavy steps making a bit of an impact as he traveled. With his golden Spartan-esque helmet that didn't show his eyes (he didn't have any in the first place), he might have seemed a bit intimidating at first glance, but his human, relaxed way of walking showed that he meant no harm before he stopped near the crew.

"Excuse me," he began, his head facing Picard. "I noticed one of your crewmates mentioning that you were already on course for a different planet. May I hear about what you all were planning to do before this... mystery began?"

@Jeremi
----

On the other hand, Max walked towards Kiba after trying to charm Counselor Troi, with his arms still relaxing his head but his smile turning into a far more neutral expression.

"Hey, Kiba," he greeted, remembering the boy's name. He in particular was easier to remember because he looked around Max's age, just taller and perhaps a few years older. "You were side-eyeing me a bit when we first showed up. Am I reading too much into it, or is there something you thought of telling me?"

Max still remembered how, a few minutes after awakening, while most had confused expressions, as soon as Max spoke Kiba looked quite... wary? Almost as if Max was familiar... but based on his expression from what Max remembered, it definitely wasn't a friendly kind of familiar. Perhaps Kiba was from the Natsu, and some jerk spread rumors about the great Lord of the Light that made him think negatively of him!

Well, I probably have my admirers. Perhaps someone got so jealous of my fame that they decided to sully my name, Max thought, chuckling to himself. How would Lucy put it? Oh, she'd call it pitiful. Yeah, pitiful describes it pretty well.

@Takumi

NUMBER FIVE

View attachment 8727
"Hey, don't get jealous now," Max snarked back with a faint smile. "I know, I know, I'm prone to making people stare... especially the la-dies." He turned and winked and Counselor Troi again before his expression became more serious once more. Whether Max was switching moods incredibly quickly or he was just putting on an act, it was hard to tell.

"But when you're a Keyborne like I am, you've got to notice when someone is really taking note of you, and..." Max turned to look Kiba in the eye. His neutral expression was looking more and more like a frown as time passed.

Yeah, of course I remember a glance like that, Max thought to himself, remembering some memories from when he first learned he was a Keyborne and became a Driver. It's the same look that shaggy white-haired teenager who keeps trying to kill me gave me when I first met him. Guess the Lord of the Light has made more enemies than just that psycho.

@Capri @Takumi

From where he was sitting, arms crossed as he leaned back, Kiba's gaze went from the crew as they finished speaking to Max as he approached.

"You looked and talked like nobility. Where I come from, some of the nobility are the kind of people who are willing to kill to get what they want, and they've targeted me and my friends plenty. You didn't seem to be related to or associated with them in any way, though. Plus you're younger than any noble I've met." Kiba answered, blue gaze meeting Max's without any hesitation.

@Crow @MaxIrvaron @Capri

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @EveryoneElse

Yeah, of course I would remember a glance like that, Max thought to himself, remembering some memories from when he first learned he was a Keyborne and became a Driver. It's the same look that shaggy white-haired teenager who keeps trying to kill me gave me when I first met him. Guess the Lord of the Light has made more enemies than just that psycho.

@Capri @Takumi

"I have a wife, thank you very much," Five says, referring to his mannequin girlfriend Delores.

This guy is getting cocky, and when Five of all people thinks your cocky, then you're the most cocky guy out there.

"I'm worried about you, you know" Five began, "Don't want you to go near anything too sharp, or else you'll pop that inflated ego of yours,"

From where he was sitting, arms crossed as he leaned back, Kiba's gaze went from the crew as they finished speaking to Max as he approached.

"You looked and talked like nobility. Where I come from, some of the nobility are the kind of people who are willing to kill to get what they want, and they've targeted me and my friends plenty. You didn't seem to be related to or associated with them in any way, though. Plus you're younger than any noble I've met." Kiba answered, blue gaze meeting Max's without any hesitation.

@Crow @MaxIrvaron @Capri
"Wow, I'm honored-" Max had started speaking as soon as Kiba finished his first sentence, but his excitement was quickly shot down as the older teenager continued. "...eh?" Max noise-d, confused by the time Kiba finished his second sentence. "What the hell?" was Max's final response by the time Kiba had properly finished.

So... I guess I was half right. He doesn't like me at first sight... but that's a pretty dang good reason, I guess. Max sighed. Told Cammy the outfit would look like nobility, haha! Guess I am looking sharp!

Given the sad tidbit of backstory he'd just heard, however, Max made sure none of his happiness transferred onto his face giving Kiba a very sincere glance. "...well, sorry for that, then. I'm not royalty, but I'm filthy rich-" Max paused, thinking about the past. "....or at least, I was when I lived on Earth. Plus, the whole Key business pretty much makes me a celebrity. Adding in the huge knight friend of mine, I can see why you'd think I am."

Max sneered. "Actual royals have a good chance of sucking, though. Overthew an entire kingdom of shoddy ones a few weeks ago. It was an experience," Max described, now smirking a bit. "But trust me, I'm not trying to hunt you or any of your friends down. If the Lord of the Light himself hunted people down, that wouldn't be very lord-y of him, would it?"
NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @EveryoneElse

"I have a wife, thank you very much," Five says, referring to his mannequin girlfriend Delores.

This guy is getting cocky, and when Five of all people thinks your cocky, then you're the most cocky guy out there.

"I'm worried about you, you know" Five began, "Don't want you to go near anything too sharp, or else you'll pop that inflated ego of yours,"
Max simply laughed; not too obnoxiously, but it was clear he wasn't taking Five very seriously. This kid reminds me of a much younger Ethan, Max reminisced, rolling his eyes internally. People these days need show no respect, I swear.

"...dude, you're, like, ten years old!" shot Max. "I mean, I got married a couple times in preschool, too, but don't you think this is a bit more of a time for seriousness?" Max then scratched the back of his head. "How does a third grader have such a big vocab list, anyway? And didn't you say you were stopping the apocalypse or something? Did all the adults in your world get killed?"

@Capri @Takumi

Last edited:
NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Takumi @MaxIrvaron

Max simply laughed; not too obnoxiously, but it was clear he wasn't taking Five very seriously. This kid reminds me of a much younger Ethan, Max reminisced, rolling his eyes internally. People these days need show no respect, I swear.

"...dude, you're, like, ten years old!" shot Max. "I mean, I got married a couple times in preschool, too, but don't you think this is a bit more of a time for seriousness?" Max then scratched the back of his head. "How does a third grader have such a big vocab list, anyway? And didn't you say you were stopping the apocalypse or something? Did all the adults in your world get killed?"

“You’re wrong,” Five simply states. He reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a polaroid picture.

View attachment 8729
It was of an old man in his late 50s. If Max looked closely, he would recognize it as an old man version of Five.

“This is how I should look. I got trapped in a future version of my world where everything was destroyed for 50 years, and when I travelled back in time to help stop the apocalypse I got the calculations wrong and ended up in my 13 year old body. Is that an ample enough explanation for you?”

"That is correct to a degree. A utopia or paradise is deemed impossible by many, but we should always strive to be as close to it as possible," Doctor responds, "what is destroyed can be rebuilt by a new generation of pioneers who will learn from the mistakes of the past. That is the cycle that all of us as intelligent races must face.

You, in Rhode's Island? Tempting. I suppose you could help me take care of Ifrit if you ever come here."

"I will take note of those words," Yamato smiled and turned his head to respond to the hooded Doctor before returning his guard up. It's been years since he last heard of 'Rhode Island'.

And seeing that the iron-clad creature had lowered its sword and spoke these words, he sighed, pocketed his phone and moved towards Picard with his hands still in his coat's pockets.

With that Picard motioned to the group to follow him from the cargo bay.

Coincidence or not, he liked the near-perfect timing of that gesture. Although he intended to start up another discussion, getting out of this bland facility is an excellent alternative compared to wasting more minutes of his life chatting in it. He continued walking, silently following Picard all the way to the lounge.

Once he and the others had reached the interior of the lounge area, he went ahead to choose a chair that is closer to the Enterprise group and made himself comfortable. He then paid close attention to the discussion at hand, trying to find any information worth questioning primarily due to lack of detail. As far as he could gather from the information he heard, these are the things he deems as worth his interest: The fact that the mentioned planet they mentioned strikingly sounds like a post-apocalyptic Earth, the mention an entity named "Q", Trois' mention of a 'flash of lightning' in their mind and its possible relation to his current fate.

Once Picard opened the meeting for questions, he began to speak out: "Who is this 'Q' you may be referring to?" he raised his hand to get Picard and his crew's attention.

@Jeremi @Crunch @Crow @EveryoneElse

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Takumi @MaxIrvaron

“You’re wrong,” Five simply states. He reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a polaroid picture.

View attachment 8729
It was of an old man in his late 50s. If Max looked closely, he would recognize it as an old man version of Five.

“This is how I should look. I got trapped in a future version of my world where everything was destroyed for 50 years, and when I travelled back in time to help stop the apocalypse I got the calculations wrong and ended up in my 13 year old body. Is that an ample enough explanation for you?”
"...eh?" noise-d Max once again, bending over a bit to see the photo as he connected the dots between it and what Five was saying. With yet another internal eye roll, he stood up properly, wanting to laugh again but realizing that he shouldn't; after all, every universe had to have some semblance of ridiculousness, but this was just... otherworldly, that's how Lucy would describe it.

"Alright, I'll give you benefit of the doubt, considering every noble in Kiba's world tries to kill him, apparently," Max replied, shrugging a bit. "Honestly, I should've realized you were an old-timer. Your lecture gave me PTSD of Solaris every time I try to enjoy myself..."

Max sneered a bit to himself. If this kid- no, old man went to his school, like, 2 years ago, he would've gotten the full Irvaron humiliation experience; well, provided Cammy and Lucy were nearby, of course. But after everything that'd happened since then, a schoolyard talking-to didn't seem fun anymore... even if this kid really was an old man, he sure liked to talk. Max waited for a response.

@Capri @Takumi

Byleth had no questions. His tasks lay before him. Avoid the bridge and...engineering, assist in the investigation of ruins when the time came. That was that. The mercenary sat quietly, waiting to see if anyone else had any input or questions for their hosts. Then he'd follow orders and hopefully return to the mercenary company before Jeralt or anyone else started to worry.

@Jeremi @Everyone​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back