Side Story To Boldly Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vithe slowly came to to find herself in the middle of some sort of med-bay surrounded by aliens. What the??

She immediately grabs her blaster rifle and trains on the aliens.

But doesn't shoot immediately.

As she realizes that 1. She's apparently outnumbered. 2. This was apparently a med-bay.

Nevertheless she still kept her rifle trained on them in case they do something rash.

"Who are you people and where am I??"

@Jeremi

"No knife tossing in my sickbay!" Dr. McCoy snapped at Diego. "This ain't the goddamn circus!"

Abin Sur meanwhile had a neutral look on his face as his attention went towards Robin. "My resemblance to the demonic being called Satan is a reason why I keep what I do a secret from the general population of Earth," He remarked calmly. "I can assure you I am no demon, but an alien from another planet. It is my duty as a Green Lantern to protect. Not kill."

"The Starship Enterprise," Kirk repeated himself trying to diffuse the situation. "None of us mean you any harm."

"Didn't have time to take their weapons huh?" Dr. McCoy chided his captain who just gave McCoy a glare.

"Look," The Doctor spoke up as he got up from the bed and actually managed to stay up. "I understand that you are confused. Trust me, so am I. But pointing that gun of yours around won't do anyone here any good. So let's try using our words instead. Hello, I'm the Doctor, and you are?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @PolikShadowbliss @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Capri @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Space_Candy @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Sark

Vithe looks at them, nods curtly and puts the blaster rifle down into a resting postion.

"I'm serial number is V1TH3. First Order. There, my introduction is out of the way, and doctor? You do not look akin to a doctor that we know of?"

It is worth noting that she hasn't taken her helmet off yet, the only indiction of expression is her voice, which is clipped and monotone.

And also British. Though considering the Doctor is also British, he might not notice.

@Jeremi
@Everyone else

View attachment 9056

"Y-Yeah, I think a deep breath should do us all some good," a young teenaged boy mumbled as he groggily rubbed the side of his head. Admittedly, the boy was surprised at how well he had taken to his new and unusual predicament, but hey, could have just been that he hadn't entirely woken up yet. Then again, the layout of this spaceship was pretty familiar to him. Not that he was any expert on spaceships, but it was no stranger than what he had seen before.

"They just said they don't mean us any harm, which is great because it looks like none of us exactly know where we are, so we should give 'em a chance to tell us what's going on," he said, willing himself to try and de-escalate the situation despite the headache, holding out his hands to Robin and Vithe. Despite how calm and collected he might have looked on the outside, he was actually just groggy and rather nervous, but also, the predicament wasn't something he was entirely unfamiliar with.

Well, the "waking up not knowing where he was" was a bit new, but crazy people, aliens, and a spaceship? Those were a bit more up his alley.

In the meantime, while others began to come to or react, the boy suddenly put a hand to his mouth, but kept his gaze fixed on the rest of the scene. Though the gesture just made it look like he was deep in thought, pensive even, his subsequent mumbling into his own mouth might have suggested otherwise.

"Birdy, are you in there? What's going on?"

I'm here, Tsutomu. Sorry to say though, I'm just as in the dark as you are. The interior of this craft is unknown to me. The crew of this ship seems friendly enough, but keep your guard up! I can tell, we're a long way from Earth... or any of the charted star systems even, a certain feminine voice responded in his head.

"Well, if there's any trouble, I can just count on you, right?"

Not really. I just woke up. Be a good boy and try not to pick any fights while I'm trying to pick up my morning ritual, won't you? The voice responded in a facetious manner.

"Thanks. Knew I could count on you," he only mumbled sarcastically, seemingly to himself, with a resigned sigh.

@Jeremi @PolikShadowbliss @Capri @MaxIrvaron @Everybody

DIEGO HARGREEVES
@Jeremi @Ver @PolikShadowbliss @MaxIrvaron @AnyoneElse

Diego put away his knife.

"Force of habit," Diego said, "Sorry,"

After some time, and some listening, he pointed over at Tsutomu.

"Kid's right, fighting won't do," Diego said, glaring at Robin, "So settle down, please, we're all in the same boat,"

6f8f98eec468aeaad48a7bc9da1555cf.jpg

"As for names, call me Diego,"

--Soreo Hiden--
@Jeremi @MedBayBros

In one of the beds, a middle aged asian man with bizarre silver headphones clad in a dark blue leather jacket laid there. The led lights on his headset flickering blue until it didn't, fully lighting up. Moments later, his eyes opened, and the humagear rose from the bed, sitting on its edge.

". . ." The Humagear observed not only his surroundings, but the people he was with. Most of them were humans, though some are incredibly alien. From the looks of things, they seem to be swept up in some sort of ion storm, which seemed to have something to do with Time Travel, if the Doctor's words were to be believed. However, if one thing's certain, they seem to be in a spacecraft named Enterprise, explained by a western man clad in a yellow sweater. Soreo didn't know the true reason how they got there, but for now, he had to cooperate.

"I'm Hiden Soreo, Father Model Humagear. Profession: Systems Engineer for Humagear Satellite Ark." Soreo introduced himself and his assigned profession, facing the others. "I would like to confirm if everyone recalled the nature of this storm?" He asked, "I didn't seem to be active when it had hit my hometown."

GOLBEZ - THE PROLOGUE

The man in black hulking armor has been awake ever prior to the TARDIS's landing, having spent time on leaning at a wall behind him and trying to recall the events that led him here. All he could remember prior to his transportation to this seemingly Lunarian vestibule is an incomprehensible storm of pure magic. Nothing more, nothing less... He wished that he could know more, but the sounds of interaction that just began prompted him to stop his session of isolation so he could participate in the gathering between those within the contraption and the territory it landed in.

He could see several people in the facility getting up and either chatting to each other or those that came from the outsides, apparently giving out their introductions. He noticed the caped-figure resembling the Elemental Lord Rubicante in appearance and aura, along with the person whom he is talking to which appeared to have some authority over this place. The armored man began to levitate, teleported near the two, and began to address them in a formal tone: "Greetings to the both of you, I am interested to know the nature of this location whose ground we currently stand on. For the sake of courtesy, I hereby introduce myself Golbez, and I am pleased to meet you in this peaceful encounter," Golbez offered a hand to the non-caped being who seemed to have authority over this area, hoping that understanding would fill the area, despite witnessing several separate instances of tension waxing and waning in the atmosphere.

@Jeremi @MedBayGang

"A demon who claims to protect... Just how much of a fool does this monster take me for?" Robin grumbled to himself, folding his arms. Like that traitorous Keyborne of Magic.... bah. Though I am curious to see what a demon wants with all of these other extraterrestrials and I.

Robin looked around for a short amount of time. A semi-old looking human, a human with knives - by the gods, Robin was tired of seeing humans - all sorts of different creatures, though one that caught Robin's eye in particular was the man in black armor who introduced himself as Golbez.

This one looks like a refugee human from Unmei, Robin thought to himself. However, most Drivers do not wear armor as advanced as that. There's simply no need. Perhaps a Finnary inhabitant with a disability when it comes to utilizing Drive. Robin's eyes narrowed. That'd make him quite a simple opponent to defeat.

Robin temporarily stopped thinking to himself about his surroundings and turned back to Abin Sur. "Well then, demon - or whatever the hell you call yourself - why else would you bring a Keyborne to your..."

Robin paused. Was this a place in the Banished Realm? He'd never seen a pocket of the Realm like it before. "...hiding quarters? As I can observe, you've even managed to bring Finnary inhabitants and Earthlings. With magic like that, it'd be daft for me to not consider you a threat."

@Jeremi @Capri @Chaos Sphere @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @PolikShadowbliss @Everyone​

Last edited:
"A demon who claims to protect... Just how much of a fool does this monster take me for?" Robin grumbled to himself, folding his arms. Like that traitorous Keyborne of Magic.... bah. Though I am curious to see what a demon wants with all of these other extraterrestrials and I.

Robin looked around for a short amount of time. A semi-old looking human, a human with knives - by the gods, Robin was tired of seeing humans - all sorts of different creatures, though one that caught Robin's eye in particular was the man in black armor who introduced himself as Golbez.

This one looks like a refugee human from Unmei, Robin thought to himself. However, most Drivers do not wear armor as advanced as that. There's simply no need. Perhaps a Finnary inhabitant with a disability when it comes to utilizing Drive. Robin's eyes narrowed. That'd make him quite a simple opponent to defeat.

Robin temporarily stopped thinking to himself about his surroundings and turned back to Abin Sur. "Well then, demon - or whatever the hell you call yourself - why else would you bring a Keyborne to your..."

Robin paused. Was this a place in the Banished Realm? He'd never seen a pocket of the Realm like it before. "...hiding quarters? As I can observe, you've even managed to bring Finnary inhabitants and Earthlings. With magic like that, it'd be daft for me to not consider you a threat."

@Jeremi @Capri @Chaos Sphere @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @PolikShadowbliss @Everyone​
Vithe has had enough of this fool’s machinations about magic and whatnot.
“If you had paid attention, it’s very clear that he did not send us here.”
She wasn’t sure what world he is from with all this talk of magic.
“Speaking of which: how did we get here?”
She turned toward the man who called himself a doctor but was not dressed as one.
@Jeremi
@MaxIrvaron

"We didn't exactly get in from the front gate," The Doctor remarked to Yamato as she worked with Data. "The scene from inside though implied a fight. Can't say I believe they suddenly just started blasting one another. They might be ruthless, but the Cybermen aren't stupid."

"And they can live a long time just as long as they have the opportunity for maintenance...or suspended animation. The question still remains though how did they- Wait! There! Put it on the big screen!"
Seemed like they had a breakthrough.

Data looked over to Picard who nodded and the front view of the Enterprise turned into a movie screening. The information was badly garbled even with them trying to reconstruct it. Explosions and fighting was very evident in it though.

Soon the scene switched to the communication room that the group had been in earlier, but this time it housed a ton of Cybermen. That was until a big green monster came through the sliding door and made mincemeat of them. Behind him, a group of people emerged. As a scruffy dressed man came into view the Doctor shouted. "Pause it. Pause it!" She looked like she had seen a ghost. "Zoom in on that man."

Data nodded and now the face filled the entire view screen. "Do you recognize him?" Picard asked the Doctor who was now almost glued to the screen.

"I should," She turned to face the group. "It's me."

Chapter 2 - First Contact

Captain’s log 5955.5

On our way to a Federation space station for some much needed R&R and replenishing supplies, we were caught in a freak ion storm. Stopping dead in our tracks we are forced to stay here until engineering is done with repairs. Then Mr. Spock detected something floating in front of us in space. A little blue box resembling a police box from the 20th century. Teleporting it on board we found out it was a ship of some sort with a number of passengers unknown about how they got here. We brought them all into sickbay and we are trying to get some answers from the man whose ship it’s supposed to be. A man called the Doctor.

“So let me see if I understand you correctly.” Captain Kirk with Spock by his side was talking to the man calling himself the Doctor dressed in scruffy and tattered clothing. He didn’t seem to look like any captain or even someone able to operate a spaceship. “You just. Materialized out of thin air. And you have no idea how you got here? Or your friends?” Kirk motioned to the other scattered beings around them laying on sickbay beds.

LM3h9Dx.png

“That’s what I’m trying to tell you!” The man calling himself the Doctor exclaimed. “The last thing I remember is returning to my TARDIS and being accosted by an unknown foe when actually I was trapped by the psychic pollen. The thing you found on my body no doubt when you dragged me out of the TARDIS. Thank you for that by the way. I was trapped in quite the nightmare scenario. As for the others…” Now it was the Doctors turn to look around the sickbay. “How they ended up in the TARDIS I have no clue. Its defenses should not have allowed anyone to enter.”

“Perhaps it happened when you were incapacitated?” Kirk asked the Doctor who shook his head.

“No. Even then I was in the middle of the time stream. Quite hard to swim through that to find one particular target.”

The mention of time travel didn’t make either Kirk or Spock bat an eye. They were quite familiar with that aspect whether they liked to or not. Kirk could only nod. “Spock?” The captain turned to his close friend who continued to have a stern and neutral look on his Vulcan face.

“The story is highly implausible captain. However, I do believe he is telling the truth. Or his perception of the truth at least. Time travel would explain some, but not all of the other individuals.”

“But why would it spit them out here?” Kirk asked.

“Unknown. Perhaps some sort of damage to his ship. This, TARDIS.”

“If you would let me go,” The Doctor butted in. “I could go and inspect my TARDIS to see what could’ve gone wrong.”

As he said that a fourth voice spoke up. “Oh no, you need to rest.” The Enterprises resident doctor. Doctor Leonard ‘Bones’ McCoy walked up to them with a medical scanner in hand to look over the Doctor.

“If what you say is true then you’ll need to stay here until I say you’re okay. And you two,” He turned to Kirk and Spock. “You should know better to not disturb the patients.”

“No, see it’s quite alright. If I don’t know if I’m okay then who does?” The Doctor jumped off his bed ready to take a few steps before a dizzy spell came over him and he had to lay down again. “Perhaps…perhaps I need to sit down for a little while longer.”

“Time travel’s no laughing matter,” Bones chastised the Doctor as other of the group started to stir and wake up.

“Doctor! The patients.” Nurse Chapel walked up to a red-skinned alien figure with her medical scanner.

“The others are starting to wake up,” Kirk remarked. “Perhaps we are finally going to get some answers.” The captain now turned to get everyone’s attention. “I am Captain James Kirk of the Starship Enterprise. You have somehow ended up at my doorstep and I am going to do my best to help you. Does anyone remember how they ended up here?”

“I recall a storm,” The red-skinned alien replied. “After that nothing.” This remark sparked chatter among the others. It seemed that was the only thing the others could remember. A sudden storm, and then waking up here.

“Curious,” Spock remarked. “The only known factor is a storm. A few minutes before the TARDIS was found the Enterprise was caught in an Ion Storm.” Even then what did it all mean?

As this went on the red skinned alien got off from his bed and floated into the air.

"Greetings," The alien remarked to the others. "I am Abin Sur of the Green Lantern Corps. Considering our circumstances. Perhaps it is best for introductions."

Cast list

@Jeremi as Abin Sur
@Gummi Bunnies as Add
@Atomic Knight Alan Wake
@Crow as Ben Tennyson
@Chaos Sphere as Golbez
@Crunch as Gorgutz 'Ead 'Unter
@Minerva as Mirai Kimur
@Takumi as Noah Collins
@Capri as Number 2
@MaxIrvaron as Robin Justis Ainekas
@Space_Candy as Sailor Moon
@Yun Lee as Sasara Nurude
@MagatsuNoImouto as Soreo Hiden
@Sark as Tony Stark
@Ver as Tsutomu Senkawa and Birdy Cephon Altera
@PolikShadowbliss as Vithe Kalus (V1TH3)
@Lucky as Wyatt Logan

Noah Collins Prologue: Dance with Death

Noah laid prone on his bed, pale, tired, yet his breathing was even. A slight, faint golden glow emanated from the device on his neck and outlined his form as he rested before slowly fading. The golden line turned blue, beeping softly like a heart monitor for a second.

Noah's eyes fluttered open with a soft groan as voices assaulted him.

'Law?' He questioned, but there was no response in his head. He remembered talking with the being that wore his face, inside his...mindscape was it? Did the reset mess with his mind that bad, that some of the conversation was cut off? He had so many questions for the Law of the Universe that he hoped would of been answered. Damn.

He stared at the ceiling as conversation drifted around him, none of the voices familiar to him at all. Hand landing on his chest, the torn fabric of his shirt the first thing he came in contact with other than smooth unblemished skin instead of red blood plugging the wounds he had sustained to get Li's powers under control.

'So, I survived until twelve...wait, then Li-' he thought in slight panic, sitting up and glancing around for the green eyed maid, but ultimately not seeing her. She got him to the healer, so she had to be fine, right? She had to be healed too, right?

77cf57b26cd5a0e62a016fe83b9e9066dddafbcb.jpg

"My memories are fuzzy at best, but I vaguely remember the beginnings of a storm." He muttered aloud.

The heart monitors steady beeping faltered, and he took a shaky breath to try and steady his heartbeat. It was far too soon to go into the red, he doubted he'd be lucky enough to survive another brush with death so soon. Though, from the looks of it he was in some sort of medbay.

@Jeremi @Everyone

DIEGO HARGREEVES
@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron

“Shut up!”

Diego completely turned his attention to Robin, getting up and in his face. From there, his voice was a mumble, only Robin could hear him.

View attachment 9060

“I’m sure you have ears, so use them and listen. We are all lost, we have no idea where we are, or who is behind it. So sit down, stop blabbering about things that make no sense, and stop threatening others, because there is a literal child with us and you might be putting him in danger if you start fighting others,”

DIEGO HARGREEVES
@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron

“Shut up!”

Diego completely turned his attention to Robin, getting up and in his face. From there, his voice was a mumble, only Robin could hear him.

View attachment 9060

“I’m sure you have ears, so use them and listen. We are all lost, we have no idea where we are, or who is behind it. So sit down, stop blabbering about things that make no sense, and stop threatening others, because there is a literal child with us and you might be putting him in danger if you start fighting others,”
Robin's face was completely unfazed by Diego's approach. He believes I speak of nonsense, he chuckled to himself. So he is an Earthling after all. I can't believe I'm stuck with this load of dead weight. With a task force like this, I can't expect to get anything done... and my team needs me now. A Keyborne alone is never a good idea in the Natsu.

"Have it your way, then," Robin backed off with a sigh, folding his arms and shaking his head. Ignorant idiot. Reminds me of the Keyborne of Gravity. Too much self-righteousness and not enough of a pragmatic view of what's really going on here. But I'd be outnumbered in a fight...

Robin looked back and forth at his audience... or opponents, however it was. Though I do think quite a number of them would be easy kills if I were to choose that option, unintelligent as it may seem.

"
If you really need to know who I am, all you need to know is that I work with the Utopia Hunters. That is all."

@Capri @Jeremi @PolikShadowbliss @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @Everyone

DIEGO HARGREEVES
@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron

“Shut up!”

View attachment 9060

Robin's face was completely unfazed by Diego's approach. He believes I speak of nonsense, he chuckled to himself. So he is an Earthling after all. I can't believe I'm stuck with this load of dead weight. With a task force like this, I can't expect to get anything done... and my team needs me now. A Keyborne alone is never a good idea in the Natsu.

"Have it your way, then," Robin backed off with a sigh, folding his arms and shaking his head. Ignorant idiot. Reminds me of the Keyborne of Gravity. Too much self-righteousness and not enough of a pragmatic view of what's really going on here. But I'd be outnumbered in a fight...

Robin looked back and forth at his audience... or opponents, however it was. Though I do think quite a number of them would be easy kills if I were to choose that option, unintelligent as it may seem.

"
If you really need to know who I am, all you need to know is that I work with the Utopia Hunters. That is all."

@Capri @Jeremi @PolikShadowbliss @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @Everyone

DIEGO HARGREEVES
@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @PolikShadowbliss @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @EveryoneElse

“What is that, a terrorist organization? A gang? A cult?” Diego said, “Sounds like a crazy cult. That explains a whole lot, you drank too much Kool-Aid,”

Noah watched the exchange quietly for a second. These guys antagonized each other worse than him and his brother did. That thought made his mood sour a bit.

"Why don't we drop the antagonizing tones and all of that for now and take a moment to breath and calm down, hm?" He commented. They were definitely an odd bunch, but from the bits and pieces he heard they were in some place called the Enterprise with a man called the Doctor?

The key thing was that there weren't any undead and none of the people here were Olivier. He doubted he'd have woken up if that man was so much as in the same room as him, no matter how many other people there were in it.

'Well, it's understandable why he has such a vendetta against me. Hopefully no one here tries to tear each other apart with all of us in here.' he thought to himself with a dry chuckle. He was far too tired for any of that.

@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @PolikShadowbliss @Chaos Sphere @Ver @Capri @Everyone

Last edited:
DIEGO HARGREEVES
@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @PolikShadowbliss @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @EveryoneElse

“What is that, a terrorist organization? A gang? A cult?” Diego said, “Sounds like a crazy cult. That explains a whole lot, you drank too much Kool-Aid,”
Robin's expression didn't change in the face of Diego's mockery, and he still kept is composure. "You're an Earthling, are you not? Of course this sounds like insanity to you, I'm not surprised. But I won't be the one who explains the ways of the Natsu to you, so you'll have to believe me at face value. And even if you think that my talk of magic is 'nonsense...'"

Robin unfolded his arms, revealing in greater effect his wings. "How do you Earthling's explain an Aftero's wings, then? I doubt there even are any on your homeworld."

@Capri @Takumi @Jeremi @Everyone

The Doctor gave the storm trooper a friendly smile. "You can say I'm a doctor of all trades of a sort. What about your name then? V1TH3? Wouldn't you say that's quite the mouthful as well? A bit...dehumanizing?"

Kirk meanwhile was looking around and attempted his best to calm everyone down. The large looming figure in what seemed to be some sort of ancient armor didn't do much to fill him with ease as he shook his hand. "Now look," He had a firm tone in his voice as he addressed everyone. "We know just about as much as any of you, but we wont find out anything else unless you all continue to bicker!" He gave some of the more rowdy crew the pointed finger.

"I am the captain of this starship and so help me if I need to put some of you in the brig to calm down then I will."

He looked around to see if someone was ready to argue. "Uh..." The Doctor raised his finger and pointed to the older Japanese gentleman on the bed. "I do not believe we know."

"We were struck with a freak ion storm that seemed to bloom from nothing," Spock came into the conversation. "We have had a similar situation with foreign visitors before and an ion storm."

"That's right!" Kirk exclaimed. "When we were accidentally sent to that parallel world. Mr. Spock do you think something similar has happened here?"

Spock nodded. "Yes, but on a much larger scale. Logic dictates that our meeting with the ion storm and a storm being a common theme for the group indicates it is connected."

"Fascinating," The Doctor remarked rubbing his chin. "Perhaps the TARDIS worked as a conduit of some sort? Dragging everyone inside before ending up here? But to what end? And the scale of it is-"

"The magnitude of said under taking is uncountable," Spock remarked.

"Or almost uncountable," The Doctor remarked jokingly which garnered an eyebrow lift from Spock.

"Indeed."

"Am I to take this friendly banter that calmer heads have prevailed?" Kirk asked the group.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @PolikShadowbliss @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Capri @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Space_Candy @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Sark

DIEGO HARGREEVES
@Jeremi @MaxIrvaron @Takumi @Everyone

“Of course we don’t have winged people, you’re from another planet,” Diego quickly said.

Noah and the Captain spoke, Diego listened before speaking again.

“The captain’s right, end of discussion, just don’t kill anyone, winged man,”

The Doctor gave the storm trooper a friendly smile. "You can say I'm a doctor of all trades of a sort. What about your name then? V1TH3? Wouldn't you say that's quite the mouthful as well? A bit...dehumanizing?"

Kirk meanwhile was looking around and attempted his best to calm everyone down. The large looming figure in what seemed to be some sort of ancient armor didn't do much to fill him with ease as he shook his hand. "Now look," He had a firm tone in his voice as he addressed everyone. "We know just about as much as any of you, but we wont find out anything else unless you all continue to bicker!" He gave some of the more rowdy crew the pointed finger.

"I am the captain of this starship and so help me if I need to put some of you in the brig to calm down then I will."

He looked around to see if someone was ready to argue. "Uh..." The Doctor raised his finger and pointed to the older Japanese gentleman on the bed. "I do not believe we know."

"We were struck with a freak ion storm that seemed to bloom from nothing," Spock came into the conversation. "We have had a similar situation with foreign visitors before and an ion storm."

"That's right!" Kirk exclaimed. "When we were accidentally sent to that parallel world. Mr. Spock do you think something similar has happened here?"

Spock nodded. "Yes, but on a much larger scale. Logic dictates that our meeting with the ion storm and a storm being a common theme for the group indicates it is connected."

"Fascinating," The Doctor remarked rubbing his chin. "Perhaps the TARDIS worked as a conduit of some sort? Dragging everyone inside before ending up here? But to what end? And the scale of it is-"

"The magnitude of said under taking is uncountable," Spock remarked.

"Or almost uncountable," The Doctor remarked jokingly which garnered an eyebrow lift from Spock.

"Indeed."

"Am I to take this friendly banter that calmer heads have prevailed?" Kirk asked the group.

"I have no knowledge about this situation other than what is already established. On the other hand, I am already concerned about the 'calmness' and behaviour exhibited by some of the fellows before us," Golbez sighed as he turned to the rest of the group. He took note of the agitated winged creature, along with the person whom the said entity recently bickered with as possible sources of inconvenience.

He was also mildly surprised from hearing the fact that some of the people in this area know nothing about magic; not even simple spells like 'Cure' and 'Fire'. Despite this, he had been made aware several times in the past that even entities that lack magical capabilities can still prove themselves to either be a trusted ally or a threat to destroy. He disappeared in a flash and silently reappeared within the cluster, preparing himself for what would happen next.

@Jeremi @Capri @MaxIrvaron @Takumi @PolikShadowbliss @EveryoneElse

The Dark Place. Suffocating, malevolent, and without end. I was desperate to escape, trapped within a pocket within a pocket, fated to exist only as a memory. I tried desperately to escape, over and over, my mind struggling to come to terms with an illogical world. In the Dark Place, thoughts and ideas held real meaning. I was uniquely able to touch that dark realm and the world of the light beyond its borders simply with my written word alone.
In my desperation I tried to write my escape, though it was clear the Dark Place did not let go of its prey so easily, especially those burrowed so deep that they questioned their very existence with every passing moment. New chances and opportunities were written, only for those to close in on me. Reality was impossible to truly control. Causality and consequence become domino chains that stretch into infinity. Predicting the outcome was no mere feat. I was constantly rewriting, editing, changing the meaning and the subtext. Every time I changed the manuscript, I forgot the last draft. I was trapped endlessly, constantly replaying no-win scenarios.
Eventually something changed, though I could not place when nor could I answer why. Without the Dark Place, the worlds that stretched beyond what I once thought was infinity would have remained unknown to me. All I needed was a vision, or a whisper of a gathering that happened to be almost completely by random. I had an entrance in the form of a literary monolith, a version of which existed across space and time. He was my anchor of familiarity. I used him to enter a new world, one every bit as nightmarish as the world I left behind.
The ending, like all endings within reality, was unknown to me. I was taken away by a force greater than my understanding. I was launched into an unknown that few could understand. I needed another anchor. I needed to continue my existence outside of the Dark Place.
So I continued to write.

Alan Wake's eyes opened to the unfamiliar. He sat up suddenly, taking in sights that made no real sense to him. His memory was a blur and he could only vaguely recall a familiar sense of confusion. There had been danger too, of course. As he got to his feet, faces popped into his head, none that seemed to be here. No one from his past life either. He stood in silence as others spoke, coming to understand he was on a ship with aliens and demons. It would have been complete nonsense if not for Alan's recent experiences.

How recent? He could not recall.

hp4qCPL.png

"Doctor?" Alan eventually said. It may have seemed he was asking for medical assistance, though he was stepping out from the crowd to move closer to the Doctor. "The Doctor? I... know you, don't I?"

Alan did not quite get it himself, but the more he thought about it, the more sure he was. This man had been present before... where was it? A facility? Had thy traveled here together somehow?

@Jeremi @Others

As a member of the First Order, it was her job to instill order upon the galaxy, even if it meant interfering with possible threats. She just ... didn't feel like it. What were they going to do? There was no commanding officier, not one she reconized as a commander - there was a captain and his crew but they were not First Order - so she didn't have to actually do anything or obey commands. She had enough of the bickering between the human with the knives and that thing with the wings. She instead turned toward the man known as the Doctor, who had asked a question. A rather condescending question as it were but she ignored that.

"It's just the way things are done, Doctor," She said curtly, cocking her helmet, "but for the sake of brevity, you can call me V1 - or Vithe."

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back