Side Story To Boldly Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course!" Kirk remarked to Golbez not seeming phased at him teleporting. "Right now you'll find yourself on the 5th deck. May I ask what you want to lo-" Golbez was already out of the door before Kirk finished. "...Perhaps it is best to inform the crew about our situation," As the coms came to life with Kirk informing the rest of the Enterprise about the situation Golbez found himself in a corridor. A sign indicated that an elevator was nearby if he headed left down the corridor. Deck 5 seemed to house crew quarters if the names of 'Captain James Kirk' and other unfamiliar names next to some of the doors were any indication.

Golbez felt a hint of guilt from leaving before the commander could finish his sentence. He observed the area around him, finding himself in a corridor decorated with named signs. He noticed that one of them claims to show the way to what is called an 'elevator', deciding to check out what the sign could refer to. He walked along the path declared by the sign, looking around to see if there are any other objects & beings of interest and to also see if anyone from the medbay decided to tag along.

@Jeremi @Deck5Corridor

View attachment 9112

"W-Wow... It's just like magic!" Tsutomu exclaimed in awe as he stepped into the TARDIS, only to be shown that indeed, it was bigger on the inside than on the outside. The boy could only marvel at the spacious vessel he stepped into, Every day, the boy would always find himself thinking he'd seen it all, only to be flabbergasted by something completely new swinging at him out of left field.

Not magic, Tsutomu! It's called dimensional transference! Birdy exclaimed knowingly in his head. C'mon, don't tell me you've never heard about that. Seriously, what do they teach you on Earth?

"Look, just because science classes are a breeze thanks to you now does not mean you can treat me like an idiot!" Tsutomu hissed in a hushed tone, once again putting his hand to his mouth as he did so.

Yeah yeah, whatever you say! The feminine voice said, quite literally living rent free in Tsutomu's head, continuing to relax there without having to exert any energy while she was in this state. Even so, I gotta admit, this technology is unheard of, even for me. Dimensional transference is still only theoretical even for the Federation, so to see some random guy like this wave this around like it's nothing... He really has to be from a parallel world, like they were talking about earlier.

"Ah, right. Because the only way someone could have better technology than you is that they'd be from a completely different plane of existence," he mumbled sarcastically.

You know I'm right!

With that, Tsutomu cleared his throat, not bothering to further dignify his headmate's words as he remained close to the Doctor. "Uh, you didn't hear any of that, did you?" He asked, before coughing once uncomfortably. Regardless of the Time Lord's response, Tsutomu folded his arms. "A-Anyway, what's the deal here? Something's messed up with the ship? I dunno if I'll be of any use, but if you need any help, I'll do whatever I can. Anything to get me back home!"

@Jeremi @PolikShadowbliss @TARDIS

"I doubt it will be that simple sir," Vithe said to Tsutomu while looking around the TARDIS, "And also, yes. I can hear you talking to yourself. What about, I don't know, but your mutterings are a little annoying."

She turned toward the boy. "But far be it from me to keep you from being yourself. You are after all a civilian."

This helmet was getting a little heavy on her shoulders but she wasn't yet comfortable enough to show her face.

@Ver @Jeremi

"Sleeping beauty awakes!" Doctor McCoy exclaimed as he went over to Usagi. "You're in my sickbay and I would thank you for not screaming. Some of us are trying to work here."

Kirk had become pretty good at the explanation. "I am Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise. You're now in sickbay after we found you inside a blue box with the rest of our...guests," He motioned around. "What's your name?"

Sickbay: @Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Space_Candy @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Sark

Golbez would not find anything special on the deck except crew quarters and the sickbay. "It would perhaps be easier," He'd hear someone talking. Turning around he'd see Mr. Spock. "If you know what you were searching for."

@Chaos Sphere @Deck5Corridor

The Doctor seemed pleased with the reactions as he fiddled with the controls. "It is. Isn't it?" To Tsutomu he just smiled. "Some times you just have to talk to yourself trying to make sense of things." He flipped a switch and sparks started to fly over the entire console. "...Well I won't do that again."

@Ver @PolikShadowbliss @TARDIS

Usagi! Wake up! The world needs you!

Eyes fluttered open, bleary as the girl came too. She looked around, her surrounding unfamiliar- like a strange hospital room. She sat up quickly, tears welling up in her eyes. Where was she?

She stood to her feet, looking around frantically for her friends, Luna, Mamoru- yet, no one she recognized.

"W-Who are you creeps!?" Usagi shouted, putting a brave face on.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @PolikShadowbliss @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Capri @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Sark @Chaos Sphere
Add didn't have anything to say when it came to others making conversation out of his time travel ability. It wouldn't matter since this would only be another small fraction to his existence's experience. His head ached from the amount of people talking. He was not a people person like he was before. The time traveler winced at yet another raised voice out of confusion, his dead stare finding its way right at Usagi.

Ink1bLq.jpg

❝ Would it kill you to keep your voice down? You're loud. What is left of my ears doesn't take kindly to loud noises. ❞ He bluntly scolded Usagi, not exactly pleased with this.

@Jeremi @Capri @Takumi @Space_Candy
"Not an unusual reaction," Robin piped up, looking towards Usagi with completely neutral eyes. His differently-colored eyes would look her up and down a couple times before he quietly groaned, quietly enough that you'd only be able to hear if you were pretty close to him. Robin folded his arms. Before the Keybornes began advertising themselves like new toys, I would've been able to size up this girl pretty quickly.... but there's a lot of kids with world-ending power running around. I can't be too sure of anything here.

Then, Robin walked over to the youth, who apparently was actually older than he seemed. Which only further proves my point, Robin told himself, continuing to advance to Add.

"If I may," Robin began. "Without the Key of Time, how exactly do you travel through time?"

@Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Sickbay​

Despite following the signs, Golbez noticed that he happened to be 'sidetracked', if that's the term he would use in this situation. He heard a voice behind him and turned towards it, seeing the voice addressing him came from Mr. Spock.

"I am glad to see someone willing to assist me," Golbez sighed and clasped his hands in gratitude, "I am searching for what is known as an 'elevator', or whatever entity it is meant to be aside from what the signs have called it. Despite my attempts to carefully follow these signs, my curiosity somehow misguided me and had me side-tracked from my initial path," he gestured at the multiple signs nearby and looked around to see if there is anyone present other than the two of them, "I shall now allow you to guide me to my destination." Golbez began levitating, preferring to conserve his energy for later situations.

@Jeremi @5thFloorCorridor

"Y-Yes... To make sense of things, of course," Tsutomu flatly said, a vacant expression on his face in response to Vithe's and the Doctor's remarks about talking to oneself. Well, in a way, perhaps he wasn't wrong. Two heads were better than one, after all, especially when the extra head was an actual alien from outer space, and here they were... in outer space. And the alien in question was surprisingly useless, go figure.

As the Doctor continued attempting to fix the TARDIS to little avail, Tsutomu narrowed his eyes a little as he tried getting a better look at the contraption, and by extension, allowing Birdy to get a better peek from his eyes as well.

As though on the same wavelength as him, Birdy eventually began speaking inside his head once more. Yep, that tech is definitely alien even to the Federation. Not that I'm any expert, but if even this guy can't get a good handle on his own tech, then how could I possibly? She remarked almost callously.

With a resigned sigh, Tsutomu only crossed his arms casually as he continued following the Doctor around. "So, uh, what is your deal anyway? I can guess from the guys in the other ship that they're part of some uniform mission, but you... I don't get that kinda feeling from you," Tsutomu hazarded to guess about the enigmatic Doctor. He never fancied himself much of a good reader of people, but there was just something about the Time Lord that certainly left an impression on the boy, even from the get-go. "You just travel through space to other planets in this spaceship that takes after an Earth object for fun or something?"

Spock nodded and motioned Golbez to follow. Soon enough they found it and stepped in side. Spock gripped a hold of the lever but then turned towards Golbez. "Is there anything in particular you wish for me to show you?"

@Chaos Sphere @Elevator

"I suppose you could call me a drifter of some sort," The Doctor replied. "I travel around time and help if help is needed...right now though I am needed in a prior engagement that might get even more out of control if I'm not there."

The group heard a quiet vwroop vwroop and what sounded like a cloister bell before the lights went off and on again. "Dead...absolutely dead. What ever sent us here made quite a number on the TARDIS. Seems like we have to work together with this Starship if we want to get some idea on why we are here and how we got there. Other than some freak storm, of course."

@Ver @PolikShadowbliss @TARDIS

"Young lady that's what we'd like to know." Kirk replied to Usagi with a friendly smile.

"And the reason you're in sickbay," Dr. McCoy came into the discussion. "Is so that I don't find anything wrong with you."

"Bones you really need to work on that bedside manner of yours."

"I'm sorry Jim but this is quite a lot to spring on me like you did. Can't say I'm feeling very bubbly and friendly after that."

Sickbay: @Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Space_Candy @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Sark

"You got that right, Doc! Guess we all should've been eating more apples, huh?"

A green-haired man in a tacky blue suit sat up, not seeming to be all that bothered by what was going on.

View attachment 9127

"I've woken up in some strange places before, but this one is really out of this world, huh?" He looked to the captain. "Say, you got any places here where a guy can smoke?"

@Jeremi @Everyone​

"Anything that you believe is worth anyone's interest would be satisfactory, though I would highly appreciate things related to magic and airships," Golbez requested before pausing to process a realization that formed in his mind, "... So it turns out that 'elevator' is the word they use to call a lift? I was expecting something completely different, if not something arcane in nature. Up until this very moment, I had only seen such things existing within the Tower of Babil," he crossed his arms and stopped levitating, appearing to be relaxed, "I can't help but assume that technology of this place is extremely advanced compared to where I came from."

@Jeremi @Elevator

At least that girl wasn't going to be a problem for him, as others got her attention for now. Though, Add didn't have much choice but to humor the questions that Robin had for him, just so the time traveler could get some peace and quiet in this strange predicament.

❝ That, I can answer. I have no knowledge about this Key of Time you bring up. My method of traveling through time comes from a modified El Shard combined with Void's Essence, resulting with the forged crystal serving as my heart and my anchor to the fabric of time and space as we know it. ❞ The boy explained as if this was supposedly common knowledge, crossing his arms. ❝ Now with this, it is only common sense to think that because of my own existence, I should be freely able to decide where I can appear in time and space, but for reasons that I cannot decipher... something is preventing me from doing so once I found myself here. ❞

@MaxIrvaron @Jeremi
@Everyone

DIEGO HARGREEVES
@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @AnyoneElse

“...and I’m guessing there’s something about time travel that makes people insufferable,” Diego says about Add.

“I don’t smoke but I’ll join this guy,” he says, gesturing to Sasara, “Anything to get away from these people,”

"Yeah, outside the ship," Dr. McCoy snarked to the green haired man causing Kirk to step in.

"I'm sorry, but, in our time we have left vices like that where they belong. In the past." Not the diplomatic answer but he wasn't going have these people deliberately cause harm to themselves like that.

"Yes," Came Spock's blunt reply about their technology before continuing. "Perhaps you wish to see where the crew comes to unwind?" Spock gripped the handle of the elevator and spoke into the air. "Deck 3." As he said that the elevator began to move. "I do not use it, mainly for when I need sustenance, but others might be interested in seeing the day to day life."

@Chaos Sphere @Elevator

Wyatt Logan

Wyatt had never been much to believe in the supernatural, but he did believe in science. But he also had a lot to process. So when he initially woke up, he pretended to continue to sleep, tuning into the conversation about the multiverse and time travel. Other Time travel? Was that even possible? He had only been able to do it in was the lifeboat. He would open his eyes and remain silent, deciding to wait to be spoken too. As a soldier, it made the most sense.... even if these people seemed nice.

@Jeremi

"Hmm... I haven't thought of that," Golbez nodded thoughtfully, "Learning about the simpler aspects of the culture practiced by this place's residents would be of great benefit. Once I have a grasp of understanding in these kinds of matters, I can truly see myself as more capable of becoming comfortable. Thank you very much for your suggestion."

From what he could hear from Spock's command to the elevator, he could only guess that this place is composed of more than one 'Deck'. His guess only led to more mind-boggling questions forming in his head more quickly than he would anticipate: If there are 'Decks' would this mean that this place is a ship, or is 'Deck' a term to refer to something else just like how 'elevator' is used to refer to a lift? If it is, what kind of ships is this? For what purpose would this ship be used? Golbez is caught deep in these possibly enlightening thoughts but managed to them for some better time. After all, he needs to be oriented to everything that is to be introduced to him.

@Jeremi @Elevator

View attachment 9134

"A drifting Doctor, huh... Sounds like you lead a pretty exciting life, mister. Especially if you don't even seem too surprised by this sort of thing," Tsutomu said, pocketing his hands as he stayed behind the Doctor. Then again, perhaps the boy was hardly one to talk, all things considered. He'd seen his fair share of excitement, and it only seemed to escalate more and more without fail with each passing day, ever since that fateful day when he'd met a woman who fell to Earth.

As the Doctor exhibited more difficulty attempting to fix the TARDIS, Tsutomu let out a resigned breath. "Well, I guess if there's nothing else to be done here, we should get back to the... uh, other spaceship we were just in," the young man sighed, still trying to wrap around being onboard a spaceship that was inside a spaceship, simultaneously smaller and bigger. In many senses of the phrase, he had a more linear perception of time and space than the Doctor did, but even without meeting the Time Lord, that had thankfully been changing for some time now.

"Maybe that Kirk guy can shed some light on the situation, like maybe it's something to do with where we are in outer space, if you both were talking about some sort of storm," he suggested.

View attachment 9134

"A drifting Doctor, huh... Sounds like you lead a pretty exciting life, mister. Especially if you don't even seem too surprised by this sort of thing," Tsutomu said, pocketing his hands as he stayed behind the Doctor. Then again, perhaps the boy was hardly one to talk, all things considered. He'd seen his fair share of excitement, and it only seemed to escalate more and more without fail with each passing day, ever since that fateful day when he'd met a woman who fell to Earth.

As the Doctor exhibited more difficulty attempting to fix the TARDIS, Tsutomu let out a resigned breath. "Well, I guess if there's nothing else to be done here, we should get back to the... uh, other spaceship we were just in," the young man sighed, still trying to wrap around being onboard a spaceship that was inside a spaceship, simultaneously smaller and bigger. In many senses of the phrase, he had a more linear perception of time and space than the Doctor did, but even without meeting the Time Lord, that had thankfully been changing for some time now.

"Maybe that Kirk guy can shed some light on the situation, like maybe it's something to do with where we are in outer space, if you both were talking about some sort of storm," he suggested.

Vithe was listening in as she checked the knobs and stuff about the place.

"that we should. perhaps it's crew will shed some much needed light on this situation."

The Doctor sighed and rubbed his eyes in frustration. “I suppose you’re right, Tsutomu was it? Let’s return to the captain to try and figure it out.”

And so they did. Kirk and his crew did their best in trying to figure out the situations but there were no new leads for them to follow. So they set up the group in the cargo room where they housed the TARDIS. Kirk promised that after they had reached the space station for repairs they’d contact Starfleet at large to try and help them.

Time in space was hard to figure out but it certainly felt like almost a day passed by resting and navigating the Enterprise. Some of the group even found a bowling alley on one of the decks.

The Doctor felt best to not let anyone travel too far into the TARDIS. There were too many winding corridors and passages making it very easy to get lost inside.

Wherever the group was they’d soon hear an alarm blaring through the Enterprise followed by Kirk’s words.

All of our guests…report to the bridge.

The bridge area didn’t seem like much as they entered, some later than others. After all it wasn’t like Kirk had shared where it was after all. As they stepped in the Captain got out of his chair and faced them.

tumblr-inline-npm90x-D0o11tvpnq8-100.jpg

“Thank you all for coming. We seemed to have stumbled into yet another situation.” Kirk motioned them to follow to what seemed to be the only woman on the bridge at the moment. “Uhura, play that message one more time.”

“Right away, captain.” A few button presses later and a recording started playing. It sounded like a woman on the other end.

“Please any ship in the vicinity! We are being attacked! Please they’ve already broken through our defenses-” A sound of a crash in the background as the woman screams in fear. “No get back! Get ba-!” The transmission ended there.

“We picked up the transmission not too long ago. The distress signal is very close and we can not let this go with out investigating. I understand we promised all of you to reach the station but-” The Doctor stopped him from continuing.

“I think I speak for everyone here when I say rescuing these people take precedence.”

Kirk nodded. “We’ll be there in just a moment. Keep it steady.”

As the ship escaped warp they’d stand face to with the planet, and something else.

A massive spaceship.

“Oh no…” The Doctor looked in shock at the screen. “I know that ship! That’s a Cyber-carrier!”

“Cyber-what?” Kirk asked surprised.

“Cyber-carrier! That’s a ship of the Cybermen! Nasty piece of work, they are natives to my world, which begs the question how they are here?”

“That’s something we are going to have to figure out. Mr. Spock! Status planet side?”

“I detect no humanoid life signs on the planet, captain. That ship however houses a large number of humanoids…but the life signs are dwindling in rapid succession.”

Cyberconvertion…” The Doctor murmured. “They are making more of them. We need to get on that ship this minute. The longer we stay here more lives will be lost!”

“Spock?” Kirk asked the Vulcan again. “Can we beam instantly unto the ship?”

Spock nodded. “While seemingly technologically advanced they don’t have any protection towards a teleportation beam. Nor does it seem they have detected us just yet.”

“Then we will have the element of surprise on our side. Uhura, inform security to meet us at the transporter room. Spock and our guests willing to help, follow me.”

Stepping inside they’d be met by a man in a red shirt with a Scottish accent. “Ready to go, Scotty?”

“Aye, captain. Seems like the transporter will have its worked cut out for it!”

Kirk nodded as he walked up to the platform with some red shirts and Spock. “Beam us over first to this location and everyone else follow us.” And so the group was transported over to this Cyber-carrier.

As everyone had materialized they found themselves in a cargo area of some sort. The ship felt sterile and cold but they didn’t seem to have tripped any alarms just yet. Kirk and his crew had pulled out their phasers. “Set phasers on their highest setting. If what the Doctor told us then I believe these beings are not to be reasoned with.”

“You’re quite right about that,” The Doctor remarked. “The only thing the Cybermen care about is cyber-convert any living being into soulless drones just like they are. Do not try to engage. We’re here to recue those that we can and get out of here however…it is weird how they are still orbiting the planet. If they already had everyone they would’ve just left.” Seemed like there was more to this then anyone knew.​

@Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Space_Candy @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @Ver @Chaos Sphere @MagatsuNoImouto

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back