Side Story To Boldly Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
While walking to the bridge, Doctor walked alongside Kiba.

"What do you propose this new information is?" he would ask. "Good news? Or bad?"

@Takumi @Jeremi

"It could be bad, if it's about what could of happened to the group with The Doctor's past life. Or it could be good, if they found out what happened to the group after. Or neither of those things specifically." Kiba shrugged. He never really thought hard about some things, unless they posed a threat to his friends...

He wondered if they were alright. Letting that thought sit on the back burner for now, he tuned back into those around him in case they tried talking to him again.

@Jeremi @Crow @Capri @Everyone

Soon enough all of the group had gathered unto the bridge. "Welcome," Picard remark to them. "I contacted you because we have followed the coordinates the Doctor found for us and have arrived at the solar system." Picards face looked grim as he continued. "However. According to our star charts, this particular solar system supposedly holds five planets. Two of which can sustain life. Data?"

Data was at his station and punched up the map on the screen. "As you can see according to this we should have passed a planet with two moons." The screen now went out into space and its vast emptiness.

"Nothing," Picard remark. "The probes confirmed the same going further in. There's nothing in this system. Except for one planet on the outer rims. Our true destination."

"What does it all mean?" The Doctor asked aloud. "Are the Cybermen trying to...cover their tracks? A bit overkill isn't it? It's not really their M.O."

Picard shook his head. "We don't know, but what is clear we have to hurry to find a possible cause for the planets disappearing or we will lose a valuable lead and our trail will go cold. We are going into warp to make it to the planet."

"Setting in the coordinates now, Captain."

"Make it so Mr. Data. Engage." As the Enterprise went into warp Picard turned to the group again. "For now we need to figure out what these Cybermen could possibly be hiding in this system. Any information we have found says it has no important value be it strategically, or for possible resources."

"Sounds like a perfect place to hide then," The Doctor quipped.

"Indeed...but for a hundred years?" He let the answer float in the air as the journey continued.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Chaos Sphere @Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @TeamKirk @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto

"Normally, whatever had happened to those planets should have gotten plenty of attention. Unless there is a means for the planets to conceal their presence from others, which is most likely impossible, I can only assume that a very powerful threat other than the is the likeliest culprit behind the disappearance of these planets. After all, I do not see any good reason for the Cybermen to resort to destroying planets," Yamato commented grimly as he tried to grasp the multiple possibilities that would cause all but one planet in a star system to be wiped out.

His mind then dove into the silent abyss of deep thought. Yamato remained in his position, standing with his arms crossed and his phone at hand, trying to satisfy his own questions by himself until the destination is reached.

@Jeremi @Capri @Takumi @Crow @Ver @MaxIrvaron @EveryoneElse

View attachment 9391

"Well, whatever they're up to, can't be anything good, blowing up planets or not," Miguel postulated.

Usually, the man liked to lead these kinds of conversations, but it was clear he was a bit out of his element between the crew of the Enterprise and the Doctor. He didn't quite know a threat like the Cybermen like they did, and unfortunately, he had to take that as a bit of a good thing.

He could only hope they were bound to find out what they had in store soon enough.

@Jeremi @Everybody

Byleth had never felt this level of wonder before, being a passenger on such a strange voyage. A ship that flies in eternal night, powered by automated magic...had it not been for the expedition just moments prior, he would've sworn it was some fantastical dream. But no, it was all too real, and all too phenomenal to really comprehend.

The Ashen Demon spent the waiting period silently exploring the ship, taking in all he could of his surroundings. When the time came to go to the bridge, he did so, giving nothing but a formal bow to the captain. Leave the questions to the others onboard. He certainly wasn't one for conversation.

@Jeremi @Ver @Chaos Sphere
Max nodded to Solaris. "Alright, I'll call you when something's happening."

Solaris also nodded. "Understood... though I sincerely doubt that will take very long."

Solaris vanished into thin air, and Max began to stroll over to Byleth casually, hands in pockets. "So.... where'd you get the sword? I haven't seen any humans with weapons like that besides my friends since I was in History class back on Earth, but it looks waaaaay more normal where you come from."

@Yun Lee @Everyone​

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Takumi @Crow

“It doesn’t matter,” Five snapped at the doctor. If anything, it was more like he was shocked. How long was he there? Eh... it doesn’t matter.​

"Matter or not we'll find out either way." Kiba replied, hoping to put Five at ease a bit by making sure he walked in the middle. The Doctor's sudden arrival had shocked the not-boy but while it had surprised Kiba somewhat it wasn't exactly something he didn't expect to happen sooner or later with say, the crew maybe.

Soon enough all of the group had gathered unto the bridge. "Welcome," Picard remark to them. "I contacted you because we have followed the coordinates the Doctor found for us and have arrived at the solar system." Picards face looked grim as he continued. "However. According to our star charts, this particular solar system supposedly holds five planets. Two of which can sustain life. Data?"

Data was at his station and punched up the map on the screen. "As you can see according to this we should have passed a planet with two moons." The screen now went out into space and its vast emptiness.

"Nothing," Picard remark. "The probes confirmed the same going further in. There's nothing in this system. Except for one planet on the outer rims. Our true destination."

"What does it all mean?" The Doctor asked aloud. "Are the Cybermen trying to...cover their tracks? A bit overkill isn't it? It's not really their M.O."

Picard shook his head. "We don't know, but what is clear we have to hurry to find a possible cause for the planets disappearing or we will lose a valuable lead and our trail will go cold. We are going into warp to make it to the planet."

"Setting in the coordinates now, Captain."

"Make it so Mr. Data. Engage." As the Enterprise went into warp Picard turned to the group again. "For now we need to figure out what these Cybermen could possibly be hiding in this system. Any information we have found says it has no important value be it strategically, or for possible resources."

"Sounds like a perfect place to hide then," The Doctor quipped.

"Indeed...but for a hundred years?" He let the answer float in the air as the journey continued.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Chaos Sphere @Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @TeamKirk @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto

"If their numbers took quite a bit of damage could it be possible to hide for a hundred years?" Kiba asked. Wolves had been in hiding for a long time after nearly going extinct in his world, they adapted and evolved. Who's to say that the Cybermen went into hiding for a reason? Given the wreckage on the last planet, maybe these other Cybermen were stranded or for a time found something that tied into this whole mess?

There were more questions than answers at this point and it was becoming frustrating, but he guessed any progress was good as long as no one got seriously injured and died.

@Jeremi @Crow @Ver @Capri @Yun Lee @MaxIrvaron @Chaos Sphere @Everyone

"The Federation, while far reaching is not omniscient," Picard remarked to Yamato. "The current sector is far beyond their usual purview."

"The boy's right though," Riker spoke up from his seat. "If the Cybermen were out to convert humanoid beings into more of them then what's the point of destroying these planets? Is it like the Doctor suggested and they're covering their tracks?"

"If they're hiding I'm sure they'd go to any length to remain as such." The Doctor replied to answer both Kiba's and Riker's question. "They can lay dormant for centuries. Even with what we managed to get from the data we can't tell how many more ships there are out there."

Picard was going to say something when they suddenly realized that the Enterprise had left warp. "What is it, Data?"

"Captain I am detecting something massive on the radar. Considering it's the only thing we've met since our arrival in this quadrant I can extrapolate that it might be the culprit of our predicament."

Picard looked a bit hesitant before remarking. "On screen."

The screen showed a massive cylindrical structure moving forward in space. It looked like some sort of massive steel worm as it moved it's massive maw crackling with a massive amount of energy.​

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Chaos Sphere @Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto

Upon hearing about the arrival of a new topic of interest, Yamato rose from the state of deep thought, uncrossing his arms as he moved a few steps towards the screen and took a peek at what might be their topic of discussion: a massive serpentine object which appears to be emanating an abnormally high amount of energy from one end. He stood silent for a while, trying to grasp on what it might be. Despite the high amount of power that it might possess within its being, there is no way such a thing could be an Administrator or some sort of equivalent to them, recalling the fact that there are almost no planets present within what used to be a star system.

"I will agree with Data's statement," Yamato stood at a distance, retaining his composure despite the incoming threat, "I do not know of any means to act against something of that size, and the amount of energy it possesses might be capable of disabling the systems in this ship without much effort," he added, hoping that the others would catch the suggested action his words imply. Avoiding it is the best option he could think of, and nothing else.

@Ver @MaxIrvaron @Yun Lee @Capri @Crow @Jeremi @EveryoneElse

View attachment 9415

"Well, I'll be," Miguel whistled at the mysterious worm-like structure. "I don't suppose there'd be a welcoming committee if we just rolled on up and said hello?" The man guessed, furrowing his brow underneath his mask. "But I don't imagine you all are the types that would be comfortable with taking the first shot, even if the Cybermen are as impossible to negotiate with as the Doc hypes 'em up to be, so the question remains..."

The webhead turned toward Picard with that.

"... What are we gonna do about that, cap'n?"

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Capri @MaxIrvaron @Everybody

"Not much, I'm afraid," Picard replied solemnly as he pointed towards the screen. "That's a Planet killer. An ancient and devastating weapon. I wrote a history report about one of them that Captain Kirk...was forced to..." He seemed to be lost in thought for a moment. "That can't be a coincidence."

"Captain?" Data asked confused.

"There has be some sort of connection." Picard pushed the emblem on his jacket. "Yellow alert, get ready for battle. Fire a photontorpedo at the Planet killer. We need to catch its attention."

The Doctor's eyes went wide. "Oh! You are going to try to steer it out of course of the final planet! Do you think we have a chance?"

"We will only get out of it with the skin of our teeth...or die trying."

"Oh no such gloominess just yet!" The Doctor started to head out of the bridge. "I'm going to the TARDIS to see if I can figure anything out. Anyone who wants can come along! More heads and minds is usually better!"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Chaos Sphere @Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto

"I would like to cooperate," Yamato turned to the Doctor as he pocketed his phone and prepared to leave the bridge, "I hope that all the others who may be interested in cooperating with us are capable of making their own contribution," he said in a more expectant tone, mentally assuring himself that he is ready to give his best, if not everything he has in his disposal to help in overcoming the colossal challenge that lies ahead. He would then remain silent until he has reached the destination.

@Jeremi @AnyOthersWhoMightJoinIn

Given a task, Byleth was going to fulfill it to the end. Though he wasn't sure if he could help The Doctor in the way he needed. He wasn't the scholarly type, after all. Either way, the mercenary would follow the Time Lord to the TARDIS, ready to get to work to stop this unearthly adversary of theirs.

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere

"Not much, I'm afraid," Picard replied solemnly as he pointed towards the screen. "That's a Planet killer. An ancient and devastating weapon. I wrote a history report about one of them that Captain Kirk...was forced to..." He seemed to be lost in thought for a moment. "That can't be a coincidence."

"Captain?" Data asked confused.

"There has be some sort of connection." Picard pushed the emblem on his jacket. "Yellow alert, get ready for battle. Fire a photontorpedo at the Planet killer. We need to catch its attention."

The Doctor's eyes went wide. "Oh! You are going to try to steer it out of course of the final planet! Do you think we have a chance?"

"We will only get out of it with the skin of our teeth...or die trying."

"Oh no such gloominess just yet!" The Doctor started to head out of the bridge. "I'm going to the TARDIS to see if I can figure anything out. Anyone who wants can come along! More heads and minds is usually better!"

Not sure if he'd be much help on The Doctor's front, the Wolf in disguise remained quiet for a bit before sighing deeply.

"What did this Captain Kirk do exactly other than steer it away?" Kiba asked, keeping his gaze on Picard then, wondering what exactly he had in plan other than steering it away from the remaining planet and surviving.

@Jeremi @Capri @Crow @Everyone

Miguel could only purse his lip briefly as Picard initially spoke. Kirk's name meant nothing to the hero himself, but it seemed to carry some weight in this world. Especially considering the Doctor seemed to be no stranger to this world, the name seemed to be worth keeping in mind for future reference if nothing else.

As Picard's presumed plan was laid out before everyone, Miguel merely gave a brisk thumbs up. "What the Doc said. No one else is gettin' smoked as long as I can help it," he said, trying to reassure the others as much as himself, admittedly. Even with his background, the Cybermen weren't quite an enemy Miguel had faced before, but he was never one to back down from a challenge.

With that, he nodded toward the Doctor. "I'll take you up on that. Not sure what use I'd be staying here, but maybe I'll have more luck with you. Lead the way, Doc."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Everybody

For those that followed the Doctor they soon found themselves back at the TARDIS and its controls. "All right, let's get on working!" The Doctor went quickly to the console and started to work. "Oi!" They soon shouted to the others that followed. "Sorry, that was rude. Could you be dears and go and fetch me a shield capacitor from the storage area? You have to go left, right, straight for awhile. Past the library. If you find a swimming pool you've gone too far. I need to stay here and do some calculations."

Death's Head who had followed them looked at the Doctor with a cocked eye receptor. "Assume you're going to just stay and act important when others do work, yes?"

Before the Doctor could reply the entire TARDIS interior started to shake. "No that's why I'm staying here. Seems like we're in it for the long haul."

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @TARDIS

Back on the bridge the photon torpedo was fired and hit its target head on in a flashing light. As it subsided however it seemed like it had done very little to the interior of the planet killer. It's maw started to shine bright red as it countered with a blast of its own causing the entire Enterprise to shake violently. "Shield's down to 62%. Captain!"

"We won't survive long in these circumstances," Picard lamented. "Data, is there something you can tell us?"

"Captain, from the information gathered it is clearly the superior opponent. However its channels are open."

"So there's a pilot?" Picard asked surprised. "Try to hail it, see if they are willing to open a dialogue."

Data nodded and soon enough they get a reply as the image of a badly battered Cyberman comes on the screen.

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Bridge

Yamato nodded at the Doctor's request before turning to the storage area where the shield capacitor is said to be. He followed the instructions that were given on how to reach the said area, turning left, turning right, and heading straight for a while. Eventually, he would reach where the storage is, thankful that he didn't stumble into the pool.

"The storage room it is... " Yamato said to himself as he prepared to open the doors to the storage.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @TARDIS

"Err, right. On it," Miguel uttered toward the Doctor. He was good with his mind, enough to remember the directions laid out toward him and the others present, and he could imagine what a shield capacitor was supposed to do, though all things considered, he just couldn't hope to expect that the kind he knew would look anything like the kind the Doctor used, right?

With that, the masked hero walked with Yamato and whoever else followed suit, resting his hands behind the back of his head. "A swimming pool in this kind of blue box though, huh? I'd kinda like to see that later, ya know?" He idly said with a whistle, but all the same, continuing to make his way toward the storage area.

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere

@Takumi @Yun Lee @TARDIS

Following the Doctor's instructions were simple. Yet navigating the corridors felt like it dragged on for hours, yet somehow it only took a few minutes for them to find the storage area. As Yamato attempted to open the door he found something blocking it. "Hurm." The Freelance Peacekeeping casually screwed off his arm and replaced it with a mace before walking up to the door and bashing it into firewood.

"Be my guest, yes?" As they tried to get objects of different kinds fell out and looking inside didn't do much. The room was filled with things from floor to ceiling. "Shield capacitor bulky thing," Death's Head remarked. "Looks like big shield with lights on, yes?" The room shook again. "Seems we'll have to find it before ending out in space, hmm?"

@Takumi @Ver @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @TARDIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back