Side Story To Boldly Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 9488

"You'd think, with a description like that, it'd hopefully stick out even through all this stuff lying around. How does the Doc keep track of all this junk lying around? Does she?" Miguel grunted as he began trying to look around for the shield capacitor. Too bad he didn't have a special tracking vision for these kinds of occasions, but hey, investigative work was a forte of his as a hero.

This counted as "investigative," right?

All the while, the hero glanced over at Death's Head. "... By the way, do I know you from somewhere? This isn't my try at coming onto you, by the way. You're, uh, not my type."

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee @TARDIS

"Not even a single Demon that I could summon would be able to comprehend this place," he complained in his mind as he walked into the storage room and began to rummage through the mess to search for the shield capacitor, which according to Death's Head, looks like a bulky shield-like object with lights. "Let us spread out a bit and search the entirety of this dormant chaos and bring every bulky shield-like object that we could spot for maximum efficiency," he suggested as he selected his own corner to search on, preparing his phone for summoning a Demon should things ever get awry. He believes that he might hopefully come across a device that qualifies with the description soon enough despite the intimidating number objects.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Yun Lee @TARDIS

"No," Death's Head remarked as he shifted through the items in the room. "Know one of you. Not a friend of spiders, yes?"

From weird viking helmets to regular sticks the chaos in the room didn't seem to have no end. But then as they shifted further in they'd spot the shield capacitor at the bottom of a pile of other items. The pile however looked precarious with one misstep no doubt drowning the group in the pile if they decided to just pull the capacitor out.

@Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee @TARDIS

Byleth quietly searched for the desired item, unsure of just what it was they were looking for, as well as unfamiliar with just about everything else in this room. "Is that it?" He asked, pointing to the item at the bottom of the pile. If so, it was best to dig it out piece by piece. Which could take a while, but if they were quick enough they may be able to get it out in time.

@Jeremi @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @TARDIS​

Yamato approached and inspected the item that Byleth had pointed out for the group, kneeling down to take a closer look. Based on the descriptions that he could recall about it, it does seem to be the shield capacitor. "We have now located what appears to be the object in question... should we take our time putting aside all this junk in the pile, or shall we take a gamble and try to brute-force the capacitor out of this compartment?" he asked the group are he stared down at the object, no longer kneeling on the floor. He took a couple of steps back, looked around, and adjusted his gloves, waiting for the decision of the group before he could take action.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @TARDIS

View attachment 9510

THWWP!

"Sometimes, all it takes... is a delicate touch, gents," Miguel said to the others as they thought about how to recover the shield capacitor from the pile. A web had spun from his hand shooting straight into the device, and with that, he swiftly pulled the capacitor into his grasp without disturbing the pile!

"Guess you already know how it goes," he said toward Death's Head. "Spiders know how to get around. Anyway, enough shooting the shock. Let's get this thing back to the Doc then," the masked hero suggested, casually tossing the device up in the air only to catch it just as easily. With that, he waved toward the others before beginning to make his way back to the Doctor's position.

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee @TARDIS

The pile shook every so slightly as the shield capacitor was pulled out from its crawl space but it stood firmly in place. "Yes," Death's Head remarked to Miguel. "No point staying and admire the scenery, yes?"

As the group left and the door closed behind them they'd hear a loud crash as the massive pile flooded the room. Death's Head didn't bother to look behind him and instead heading back where they had come from and back to the Doctor who when they arrived into the control room was still fiddling with the console before looking up with a smile on her face. "Oh, you're back and you found the shield capacitor! Amazing! Here hold this and come with me."

The Doctor shoved a cable into Yamato's hand as she motioned them to follow her out of the TARDIS. "So you lot, fancy having a look around engineering?"

The engineering was working overtime due to the encounter with the planet killer as the Doctor and her gang arrived into the area. "Geordie? Geordie!" The Doctor vanished into the room as Miguel was left holding the capacitor and Yamato the extraordinarily long cable.

"I'm a little tied up right now, Doctor." Geordie La Forge was working next to one of his own terminals as the Doctor came up to him.

"I figure but hold on." She motioned towards the group still standing at the door. "But I have something that's going to help for sure!" As she said that the entire ship rocked again as sparks and some small explosions erupted inside the engine room. Seemed like negotiations were going poorly. Alarms starting blaring as the crew started to look around for wounded.​

@Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee @Engineering

"Uh, right..." Miguel murmured as he was simply left standing there with the others while the Doctor ventured into the Engineering room, seeming to call for one of the Enterprise's crew in an overly familiar manner. He had known his fair share of eccentric individuals throughout his life, but he had to admit, the Doctor was definitely somewhere around the top of that list.

As the ship shook once more, the man pursed his lips anxiously underneath his mask, before clearing his throat. "Whatever you've got in mind, Doc, you mind hurrying it up a bit? I'm not too keen on being blown to shock and back," he uttered, twirling the capacitor in his hand as he spoke. "Just tell us what you wanna do with this stuff so we can be on our way already."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Engineering

"!!!" Hearing the explosions, Byleth made his way right to the engine room, hand gripping the hilt of his sword. He wasn't entirely sure if something foul was going on, but he wasn't going to just stand back and let it happen if there was!

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Chaos Sphere

Yamato followed the Doctor with a slightly confused look, maintaining a firm grasp on the abnormally long cable in his left hand. He was just about to ask about what to do with the cable when she suddenly set off into the room, sighing as he decided not to do so and focusing instead on inspecting the cord and figuring out its intended purpose... Only to be disrupted by the explosion and tremors.

"Give your orders quick! The entirety of this area will become hazardous at any moment, " Yamato exclaimed as he pulled out his phone from his jacket's pocket, ready to cast a protective spell should the explosions become worse. Yamato began to march to the Engineering room with the intent to see the situation inside the area, taking care not to end up getting the cable tangled with anything.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Yun Lee @Engineering

The current situation in engineering wasn't exactly life threatening. Some scattered fires that were getting put out by the ships security measures, but a few more hits like that well..."Right. Right!" The Doctor exclaimed grabbing the shield capacitor and handing it off yo Geordie. "I need you to install this into the Enterprise. It's exactly what the Doctor ordered just in case things are going to go south."

Geordie looked confused at the device he was holding. "I don't understand, what even is this?"

"You'll see what it is when you get it installed. As for you lot." The Doctor turned around and motioned to the cable that was being lead by Yamato. "I need one of you to attach that into that port." She motioned up towards the ceiling to a hatch. "After those two things are done we should have smooth sailing...metaphorically speaking."

As Yamato looked around the area he found some engineers helping the wounded but it seemed like they didn't have much equipment to help the ones that had been badly hurt.

Connor RK-800

" Would it be too much to ask if I open a dialogue with it? My structure has been known to connect well with the thoughts and emotions of other androids as well? I might be able to connect virtually, though it is often better to do it face to face. "

@Jeremi @Conversations with a cyberman

Connor RK-800

Connor looked at the Cyberman as he called him an inferior model. “If I am indeed inferior, what harm come from interfacing? I am obviously too stupid to understand your plan.”

@Jeremi

"You misunderstand," The Cyberman remarked. "The Cyberman are the pinnacle of technological advancements. We have discarded the flesh to be elevated. You have nothing to give us, nor do we wish to share. Your ships only worth is to become like us."

"A proposition that will not even be considered," Picard quickly shot in.

"Then you will perish as everything else standing in our way."

@Lucky

"I believe that you are more fitting for this kind of job," Yamato handed the cable to the web-slinger in spandex, " I have to see if I can heal the severely injured personnel in this area," he added as he used his device to access Mediarahan, a powerful healing spell that can heal multiple people at once, though it would cost more power than the less powerful healing spells that he clearly does not possess in any way. He began to walk around and count the number of severely injured personnel in the area, wondering if he could heal them by groups of three. If an injured worker would approach him, he would have to question the severity of their injury before administering his spell.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Yun Lee @Engineering

Last edited:
View attachment 9545

"Don't mind if I do," Miguel nodded gratefully toward Yamato. The other man was right enough that there were others on the Enterprise that could use their help, but in the meantime... Miguel could only hope that plugging in the cable wasn't gonna electrocute him to death or anything. He could just as easily get fried back home if he wanted.

With that, as per the Doctor's wishes, the futuristic hero kept the cable in hold as he climbed up the walls easily, before going ahead and plugging it into the port, and then hoping to dear God after that.

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee @Engineering

It didn't electrocute him but the sudden shock of plugging the cable in sent him flying backwards down to the ground. Luckily he broke his fall by landing right on Death's Head. "Not being paid enough for this, yes?"

Geordie meanwhile looked on the readings as the Doctor's special device got plugged in. "Shield is rising by 50%....100%...300%...500%!" He turned towards the Doctor. "What did you do? How is this possible."

The Doctor had a rather smug smirk on her face to counter Geordie's shock. "Told ya it would be a shock."

"No you told me I'd see what it was when it was installed."

"Shield capacitor, duh. Our little Doomsday Machine will get a little nasty surprise next time it tries to attack us. Speaking of," She turned to the others seeing Yamato healing some of the crew members. "Wanna go see the conclusion of the talk?"

It didn't electrocute him but the sudden shock of plugging the cable in sent him flying backwards down to the ground. Luckily he broke his fall by landing right on Death's Head. "Not being paid enough for this, yes?"

Geordie meanwhile looked on the readings as the Doctor's special device got plugged in. "Shield is rising by 50%....100%...300%...500%!" He turned towards the Doctor. "What did you do? How is this possible."

The Doctor had a rather smug smirk on her face to counter Geordie's shock. "Told ya it would be a shock."

"No you told me I'd see what it was when it was installed."

"Shield capacitor, duh. Our little Doomsday Machine will get a little nasty surprise next time it tries to attack us. Speaking of," She turned to the others seeing Yamato healing some of the crew members. "Wanna go see the conclusion of the talk?"

Kiba, at some point, found the Doctor's group and had been tagging along for a bit for the sake of not standing in one spot too long, and with nothing to really do it left him fidgety. He frowned when Miguel had been thrown back from the ceiling, but seeing as he seemed fine didn't worry too much about it.

"If there's nothing else to do here, then fine." He replied to the Doctor.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Enginering

"Alright, gonna be okay here Geordie?" The Doctor asked the head of engineering.

"Unless your device is going to explode or something then no, but otherwise we'll manage. Thank you for your help."

"Oh don't mention it."

"I meant Yamato helping my crew getting back to health."

"Oh...well yes good work." The Doctor awkwardly shuffled her feet towards the exit motioning the others to follow. Back on the bridge the Doctor crew found the others still chatting with a Cyberman, and it looked like it wasn't going well.

"-else standing in our way."

"Ooooh scary," The Doctor quickly took center stage staring down the Cyberman on the screen. "You got anything else to say or are just as a broken record like your friends are?"

"You are...the Doctor. Explain yourself. How have you come here."

"No no. You're not asking the questions here mister. How did you get here?"

"That information is classified and will not be repeated to you, the Doctor."

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee @Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back