Side Story To Boldly Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 9745

"Fun, fun! I call shotgun! Or... nevermind, I don't think I want that, actually," Birdy exclaimed, seeming to quickly shift to a more outwardly enthusiastic demeanor. Even so, not for a moment, she never dropped her suspicion of Retrigan. She only continued to regard him suspiciously, but knew that an approach like that of a charging bull would get her nowhere.

Wow, you put that much thought into it? You really are growing, Tsutomu snarked inside Birdy's mind, having perceived her thoughts.

Bite me.

With that all said, she made her way toward the vehicles, awaiting to be transported to the city.

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

"I wouldn't mind sitting at the backside of one of those landships," Golbez nodded as he floated his way to the vehicles, hoping that accommodation would be made to allow him to fit in. While Retrigan has not cleared any suspicion that he currently holds, he has no other choice but to play along until an opportunity to act out presents itself. For now, he shall wait for the others to prepare for transportation to the city.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Yun Lee @ Space_Candy @ Gummie Bunnies @Everyone Else

“I can’t force you,” Kirk remarked to those that seemed hesitant to take Retrigan up on his offer. “You are. After all. Just travelers on my vessel.”

“Oh yes, I would love to get a look at the city!” The Doctor exclaimed. “Since it’s already so splendid looking from over here. It must be even more fantastic up close.”

“I’m staying behind, Jim,” Bones remarked. “I need to run a few more tests.”

“As will I,” Abin Sur nodded. “I wish to explore the region outside of the city a bit longer.”

“Of course,” Kirk replied. He knew if any problems arose they could always be returned to the Enterprise. He then turned towards Retrigan. “You think we’ll all fit in those vehicles you came in with?”

Retrigan chuckled. “I’m sure with a little restructuring we’ll work something out.”

“You heard the man! Single file everyone. We’re going on an excursion.” Kirk was all smiles but he was clearly not trusting the man in front of them.

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee

View attachment 9745

"Fun, fun! I call shotgun! Or... nevermind, I don't think I want that, actually," Birdy exclaimed, seeming to quickly shift to a more outwardly enthusiastic demeanor. Even so, not for a moment, she never dropped her suspicion of Retrigan. She only continued to regard him suspiciously, but knew that an approach like that of a charging bull would get her nowhere.

Wow, you put that much thought into it? You really are growing, Tsutomu snarked inside Birdy's mind, having perceived her thoughts.

Bite me.

With that all said, she made her way toward the vehicles, awaiting to be transported to the city.

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

"I'll take shotgun then. Personally I don't care where I sit." Noah spoke up, and while a half truth if
anyone had to suffer sitting so close to Retrigan he may as well volunteer for the sake of the group.

Even if he didn't like the man, hopefully he wouldn't try to strike up conversation with Noah at all during their little trip until they went on this so called tour.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Space_Candy @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

It wasn’t comfortable but the ones that would take up Retrigans offer to head into the city were shoved into the vehicles like sardines. Kirk gave Bones a knowing look before stepping in himself and soon enough they drove off.

Despite the terrible dirt roads, the drive towards the city was a smooth one as if they were gliding over the surface. As they got closer they soon found that the massive city they had seen from the distance was sitting in the middle of a massive lake with only one small bridge leading into it. The vehicles barely fit on the narrow path as they continued along the bridge into what seemed to be a dead-end before a bubble of some sort surrounded them and the entire platform moved through a designated path. The city inside was massive with bright neon lights blinking on billboards displaying whatever commercials they could.

The main thing the group didn’t see though was anything natural, everything was cold steel and manmade structures. The bubble seemed to be leading them into a wall where they instead harmlessly passed through into a large room. If the designs outside were extravagant then the décor inside was much the same with garish paintings and statues adorning the area. As the platform stopped, the group was lead out of the vehicles where they were met by Retrigan. “This is where we usually house our visitors. I called ahead so we have rooms ready for tomorrow when you’ll get a proper introduction to our wonderful city. If that’s okay with you all?”

“Sounds great!”
The Doctor exclaimed with excitement. “I’m sure we’re all looking forward to it.”

“Oh yes, of course,” Kirk nodded. “It will be a pleasure.”

Retrigan smiled. “The pleasure is all mine.”

Back at the ranch, the suns were setting and darkness was starting to fall. Kiara, once she had been done with the animals had led the ones that stayed behind into their small house. Right now supper was bubbling over what they could assume was a stove while Kiara and Bones were looking after Kiara’s father, who was starting to look remarkably well for someone who just a few hours earlier was at death’s door. “I told you I’m fine,” He huffed as Kira hovered over him. “The doctor over here assured me that I would be up in no time.”

Kiara gave Bones a glare that made him raise his hands in defense. “That’s not what I said. I said that with a bit more rest he’d be ready to return back to normal.”

Abin Sur meanwhile did not seem to be with the group going on one final patrol of the area. The cabin was just one single large room with an upper floor with only a bed and a few items, which seemed to indicate it was Kira’s place. The décor was easily described as minimalistic. Whatever was getting on the stove though smelled heavenly.

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee

"Hmph, I'm sure it is," Birdy couldn't help but remark toward Retrigan, but otherwise did her best not to provoke anything.

With that, she stepped toward the Doctor, Kirk, and whoever else joined them on the trip to the city, huddling together like a sports team meeting up. Crossing her arms, the woman cleared her throat. "So, am I the only one who's looking forward to a trap being sprung on us? What are we expecting to see tomorrow? Any guesses?" She asked, still restless despite the promise of everything made clear the next day.

@Jeremi @Anybody

Usagi happily followed behind Kiara and the others, in a good mood from playing with the animals. As she entered the house the heavenly smell hit her, causing her to quickly rush to the stove.

View attachment 9790

"Wow! What are you making? It smells amazing!"

@Jeremi @Anyone<3

Golbez, barely fitting in the land-ship, was forced to assume a terrible slouch as he observed the change of scenery through the window right beside him. The appearance of the city felt like a fusion of the kingdoms that he had previously invaded and his homeland, the Moon. While he wouldn't mind living in such places, the view doesn't seem to answer the question of whether the people they met on the farm are capable of adapting to such surroundings. He remained silent in his thoughts until the ride ended.

After the ride has concluded, Golbez followed behind Kirk and the others, teleporting his way out of the vehicle to skip the struggle of having to squeeze his way out. "I could only see them trying to convince us to agree with their offer. I doubt that anyone would prepare a trap for fresh arrivals unless some greater power is in control. Regardless, we are to be cautious in this new unfamiliar territory," he responded to Birdy's question in a low volume while he admired the intricate architecture and flamboyant decorations with caution, "It would be a waste to not accept the offer if the hospitality offered before us is genuine. Let us just keep in touch."

@Jeremi @Ver @AnyoneElse

Last edited:
"Mm, you're right..." Sasara joined Usagi and Kiara, grinning. "That smells stewpendous!" Jokes aside, though, he could feel himself salivating a little. They hadn't really had any food on this little trip, huh? Might as well trest Samatoki and the boys to something later if...when he got back. When.

The former comedian casually brought his hands together behind his head, trying to look as nonchalant as possible for what he was trying to do. "Glad to see your dad's doing well! I'm sure those suits will be happy to see it, too."

@Jeremi @Space_Candy

“We could always go on our personal sightseeing,” The Doctor quipped in hushed tones as Retrigan and any none member left the room.

“I’d tend to agree with our armored friend,” Kirk remarked back. “I think we all agree on the fact that we’re more prisoners here, rather than guests, but perhaps, we could keep them in our good graces just a little longer.” Kirk looked around the room. “Unless of course, we find something in need of investigation?”

Looking through the room they found stairs leading up to a number of sleeping quarters that were as lavish as the room below them. It had what appeared to be a fridge with food inside and some nightstands and closets. The Doctor seemed to have found the lavatory but he couldn’t make heads or tails of how it was supposed to work. Downstairs the door seemed to have disappeared but a quick investigation showed that they had only melted into the walls themselves. Even so, the doors seemed to be sealed unless they wanted to do some tinkering with the panel that emerged next to them.

“Dudonga and vegetable stew,” Kiara remarked to Usagi with a smile. “I’m glad that dad is doing better but…” She looked concern as she turned towards Sasara. “I don’t understand why they’d try to poison him? We just keep to ourselves and sell our wares. We don’t hurt nobody.”

“That’s koff exactly why!” The father coughed as he tried to get out of bed only to be stopped by Bones. He fought for a bit before he slumped back down into the bed. “They’re all about synthetics and technology! I might be a country bumpkin but I could read between the lines with our little meeting.” He coughed heavily before he continued. “They don’t take kindly to types like us dealing in the old ways. Think it’s impure. Unwanted.”

“To go to murder just to scrub that…” Bones remarked. “You’re a self-providing facility delivering healthy and fresh products to those that want it!”

The father shook his head. “It wasn’t always like this. A few years ago we were one of many farms along the countryside. Now, it’s just us.”

“We could always go on our personal sightseeing,” The Doctor quipped in hushed tones as Retrigan and any none member left the room.

“I’d tend to agree with our armored friend,” Kirk remarked back. “I think we all agree on the fact that we’re more prisoners here, rather than guests, but perhaps, we could keep them in our good graces just a little longer.” Kirk looked around the room. “Unless of course, we find something in need of investigation?”

Looking through the room they found stairs leading up to a number of sleeping quarters that were as lavish as the room below them. It had what appeared to be a fridge with food inside and some nightstands and closets. The Doctor seemed to have found the lavatory but he couldn’t make heads or tails of how it was supposed to work. Downstairs the door seemed to have disappeared but a quick investigation showed that they had only melted into the walls themselves. Even so, the doors seemed to be sealed unless they wanted to do some tinkering with the panel that emerged next to them.

“Dudonga and vegetable stew,” Kiara remarked to Usagi with a smile. “I’m glad that dad is doing better but…” She looked concern as she turned towards Sasara. “I don’t understand why they’d try to poison him? We just keep to ourselves and sell our wares. We don’t hurt nobody.”

“That’s koff exactly why!” The father coughed as he tried to get out of bed only to be stopped by Bones. He fought for a bit before he slumped back down into the bed. “They’re all about synthetics and technology! I might be a country bumpkin but I could read between the lines with our little meeting.” He coughed heavily before he continued. “They don’t take kindly to types like us dealing in the old ways. Think it’s impure. Unwanted.”

“To go to murder just to scrub that…” Bones remarked. “You’re a self-providing facility delivering healthy and fresh products to those that want it!”

The father shook his head. “It wasn’t always like this. A few years ago we were one of many farms along the countryside. Now, it’s just us.”

Noah sighed to himself as he listened to those around him, and once the group split to investigate, he took a look at one of the nightstands and closets for anything that may of been out of the ordinary with them or one of the bathrooms.

If that didn't work, he'd keep an eye out for any potential hidden cameras while regrouping with the rest.

@Jeremi @Ver @Chaos Sphere @AnybodyElse

View attachment 9866

You hear that, Birdy?! They said we're prisoners! Did you really just walk right into a trap head-on again?! Jeez, what are we gonna do?! The panicked voice of Tsutomu rang in the pink-haired woman's head, to which Birdy clicked her tongue without too much concern.

"Well, historically speaking, not even prisons can hold me. Ask me, we can break free any time we want. But I suppose there's no harm in playing nice for the time being..." Birdy said in response to both Tsutomu's voice in her head and also Kirk's statement. At the notion of snooping around in the meantime, the woman merely shrugged. "Better than doing nothing. Help yourself, then."

Having noticed the panel that seemed to be wired up to the door downstairs, the woman put a hand to her chin. "Hm. Guessing I can't just punch through the door this time, so... Anyone here happen to be a whiz with this kinda stuff? Doc? Cap? Or is this the part that I can punch?" She asked simple-mindedly.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @Anybody

Last edited:
Wyatt Logan

" I've heard that story more than once before,"
he replied back. It was funny. Even on another planet in the future, the same problems that happened on Earth's past still existed. " It might not always be a farm back home that is the last. Sometimes it's a small restaurant in between large fast food chans. Sometmes, it's a small book shop facing major corporations. They all use the same tactics. Kill, destroy, make it so they are the only options. It's terrible. But once they get rid of the last one, well, then even the hold overs have to change to the new product."

@Jeremi @Space_Candy @Everyone

"In that case, admiring the arts would be my current task for the meantime," Golbez spoke to himself within his own mind as he split from the group to look at whatever sculpture, painting, potted plant, or completely unfamiliar object nearby, starting off with the entity that is known by others as a fridge. He gently and cautiously approached the object, as if trying not to awake some sinister trap, and knelt down to closely inspect the fridge and whatever food is hidden within it.
"This thing seems to be built contain objects," he muttered as he visually checked every detail of the object in question. Should there be nothing worthy of note for him, he would stand up and turn to the nightstand.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @City

Damn. Sasara sighed, stopping himself from reaching for a cigarette. It'd be rude to smoke in front of an already sick man in the guy's own house. Not as rude as poisoning him, of course. But still. "My partner back home would be storming off to hunt these guys down if he heard this," he said. "Neither of us take too kindly to chumps like that endangering everyone for their own gain. Don't tell me they gave your fellow farmers the same treatment...?"

@Jeremi @Space_Candy @Lucky @Capri

Noah didn't have to look far to find what seemed to be a security camera hidden in one of the vases. Among others scattered around the rooms. It was clear that these people didn't care that their guests knew they were being spied on.

"I suppose we could go all. Guns a-blazing if we felt like it," Kirk nodded.

"If we do that however," The Doctor pointed off handily to some areas in the room where he spotted a few cameras. "We won't be working alone for long, but at this point it feels rather moot."

Golbez' inspection of the fridge showed what he could assume was food on this planet. Bottles of beverages and packets of food. None of it seemed very appetizing. The nightstand didn't seem to have anything in it except of the light on the stand.

"I think most of the others took the cash," The father chuckled from his bed. "I guess I was the only fool who didn't."

"Don't say that!" Kiara shouted to her father. "You love this place and so do I! What? We should've just packed up and headed to the city? You would have hated that!"

The father was silent for a moment before he nodded. "You're right, Kiara. You're right. That ain't no life to live. Not with out the dudongas or all of this."

Last edited:
Wyatt Logan

" I think that it was actually incredibly wise of you to not take the cash. These people are just big bullies and the last thing they needed is a reason to keep doing things their ways, A life without the people you love in it is hardly a life at all,"
he honestly replied.

@Jeremi @Everyone at farm​

View attachment 9987

"Yeah, yeah, fine then. We'll try keeping to the subtle approach for now. I guess I can't really see the alternative ending very well anyway," Birdy mused in response to Kirk and the Doctor. From there, the alien officer only continued searching around the place, rummaging through every nook and cranny she could think up.

You really are a violent person, you know that? The male voice in her head snidely said.

We all have our virtues, Tsutomu.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @Others

"Nothin' foolish about knowing who you are," Sasara said with a shrug. Not that he himself knew who he was, though. He'd gone off such a deep end since leaving Osaka that there were days where he couldn't recognize the man in the mirror, even with the same face that had always been there. But hey...those who can't do, teach. "Money can make you happy sometimes, but not every time. I say if you guys wanna stay here? Stay here! Those suits can live without one patch of land, I'm sure."

@Jeremi @Lucky @FarmGroup​

"I have discovered nothing of interest in my part," Golbez sighed as he regrouped with Kirk, "I can assume that you have discovered something?" he asked, based on what little he could pick up from their conversation. Regardless of the response that he would get, he intends to separate from the group again to begin inspecting the area.

@Jeremi @Ver @CityGroup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back