Side Story To Boldly Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah, what she said. But we also like answers, too." Sasara joined Usagi in leaning over the man, his mic still active and prominently displayed. His usual smile in this instance stayed plastered on, as if he couldn't care less about this guy - and honestly, he couldn't. But he needed him to be afraid.

"So if I were you, buddy...I'd start talking."

@Jeremi @Space_Candy @Lucky

Once the doors of the cube have opened, Golbez took a peek from the entrance with the intent to check for any potential threat, eventually noticing that all that there is to see is a white void. He then began to levitate, floating his way out of the cube and positioning himself just in front the entrance, completely on his guard.

"This might not be what it appears to be," Golbez cautioned the group while he scanned the area with his eyes. Perhaps, there might a sign of life within the soulless white, or so he hopes. Whatever the words 'System Administrator' meant, he is sure that it refers to something important just by the sound of it.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @CityGroup

"Well, no need to worry about backup, cap'n. I am the cavalry," Birdy said to Kirk cockily, confident as ever in her presumption that she'd be able to carry everyone through if need be. Even as the door opened before them all to reveal a white void beyond, the pink-haired woman rested her arms behind her head in an nonchalant fashion.

"Weird looking room, but... Needs must!" She exclaimed, knowing that they didn't exactly have many other options to choose from. Though the strange room might have given her pause for a brief second, it was as they had just talked about; they had long passed the point of no return, so no point in hesitating now! That was her rationale for recklessly stepping into the mysterious room, at least, even as others might have taken another moment to see what they were getting into.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @CityGroup

Wyatt Logan

Wyatt was relieved that the ladies had it handed and the man had given up. He was worried that he was going to be the stubborn type who was going to make it happen. Seeing as they were playing good cop, he was more than willingly to play some bad cop. "And while these ladies are fine with not hurting you, I have no qualms with giving you a bullet wound if you don't give some sort of answer soon."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Space_Candy

As Birdy stepped into the room she for a moment felt like she was walking on water. Her footsteps sent a little shock wave passing through the rest of the floor. Even after stepping inside it seemed like the room went on in infinity.

"And what, pray tell, does it appear to be?" The silence was interrupted by a a small hole forming in the middle of the room. From inside the hole Retrigan emerged sitting in a plain white chair with a knowing smirk on his face. "I thought I told you to not go wondering about? Who knows what could have happened."

The soldier looked with a panic expression of the three looming over him. "B-but what do you want to know?"

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee

As Birdy stepped into the room she for a moment felt like she was walking on water. Her footsteps sent a little shock wave passing through the rest of the floor. Even after stepping inside it seemed like the room went on in infinity.

"And what, pray tell, does it appear to be?" The silence was interrupted by a a small hole forming in the middle of the room. From inside the hole Retrigan emerged sitting in a plain white chair with a knowing smirk on his face. "I thought I told you to not go wondering about? Who knows what could have happened."

The soldier looked with a panic expression of the three looming over him. "B-but what do you want to know?"

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Sark @PolikShadowbliss @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Yun Lee

On one hand, Noah wasn't surprised, and on the other he wanted to wipe the look off the man's face. The bespectacled man sighed from where he stood behind Birdy and Golbez.

5e2a1c08f8c4c10147655f501b3c24758801aa6d.jpg

"From looks alone, this place here has such an ominous appearance. Besides, some of us are an impatient and curious bunch, you see." Noah replied, one hand moving to scratch his cheek idly while the other was in his pocket as he watched Retrigan with a tilt of his head, the hand in his pocket gripping the knife he kept on his person.

@Jeremi @Ver @Chaos Sphere @City

View attachment 10264

"Sorry, mister. But you can't keep this Birdy locked in a cage. I was born to flap my wings, you know," she said confidently, not too surprised at the sudden appearance of Retrigan. It was practically a given that he had been up to something since the beginning, so it was only too fortuitous that he'd present himself before everyone here in this manner anyway.

"Now, then. Now that the curtain's been pulled down, why don't you really tell us what's going on here? You can't intend on continuing to play games with us, do you?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @City

He expected someone to appear in such a fashion. In fact, he could vaguely recall pulling off his own act of making an entrance in an apparently safe place with seemingly malicious intentions in an apparent moment of revelation. Such is the way a villain moves.

"I strongly recommend honesty and chivalry at this very moment, Retrigan. Perhaps we could end this in a peaceful manner? It is not only for the best of our interests but also for your own safety," Golbez suggested to Retrigan in a humble manner as he remained elevated by his own power. Despite the apparent niceness in his talk, he will not hesitate in attempting to obliterate Retrigan should he ever be pushed into doing the walk.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @CityGroup

"Omnious?" Retrigan chuckled. "I just call it efficient and sleek design. And I can assure you," He looked at the group one by one with a friendly smile on his face. "That my offer was genuine in that no harm would come to you."

"Perhaps your guards missed the memo," Kirk snarked. "When they opened fire on us?"

Another casual shrug from Retrigan. "The further orders fall the more jumbled they become. I'm sure you played broken intercom when you were a child?"

"That really is a rickety intercom," The Doctor remarked. "From guests of honor to thieves in the night. Almost has the same ring, doesn't it?"

"Well, I did warn you to stay inside your cube." As Retrigan got up the chair he was sitting on melted back into the floor once again. "I was going to show you this, though with you heavily sedated and stuck in chains, but...I suppose it can't be helped. My fellow off-worlders I welcome you to," Retrigan's put out his arms for dramatic effect. "The assembly line!"

"O-oh," The soldier stammered. "W-we were going to kill you because-" He pointed to the house behind them. "They wouldn't take the deal."

Sasara clicked his tongue. "And you were just gonna accept his orders? Man, hired muscle but no hired brains...let me guess, you guys haven't bothered to unionize because the boss'll hire guys to shoot you for it, huh? You really wanna go around shooting poor farmers for some suit? Is that worth being on his payroll?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Space_Candy

View attachment 10311

"Assembly line...?! Pal, if you mean to commodify us, then let me be the bearer of bad news; I'm a one-of-a-kind woman, so you can forget it," Birdy clicked her tongue toward Retrigan, standing defiantly against him.

I'm not entirely sure that's what's going on here, Tsutomu's voice rang out in her head. Indeed, this seemed place seemed to signify Retrigan's own personal world, but this wasn't the first time the space officer had unceremoniously encroached into someone else's life unfortunately.

"So, last chance, buddy. Let us outta here, and I won't have to hurt you too hard!"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Chaos Sphere

Retrigan chuckled at Birdy. "Oh my dear lady, the assembly line is not meant for you. It's for the efficient future that I am supplying for this entire planet. Progress through technology!"

"Hey we get paid in experience and living like everyone else," The soldier replied with a haughty tone before he quickly remembered where he was. "U-uh but like...they wanted them gone for the Expansion. E-Everyone else gladly sold their place except these two so it ruined the entire plan so we...had to do something drastic."

Wyatt

" Yeah, that doesn't make what you are doing any better,"
Wyatt replied, knowing that there was nothing worse than a soldier who didn't think anything for themselves. " You know-killing someone just for land is beyond wrong, it's just so corrupt. Is there no way for you to make this Expansion while going around the farm or was that too hard to do?"

"Interesting..." Golbez nodded at Retrigan's introduction of the assembly line. He is not familiar with such a term, but he thinks that it might be similar to a workhouse. "Advancement in technology is not bad in itself, but your previous statements do not sound like that of someone with genuinely noble intentions," he added as he remained afloat above his comrades.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver

The soldier chuckled nervously. "B-buddy, you don't know what the Expansions is."

"Then enlighten us," Abin-Sur floated down next to the soldier his face lit up by the green from his ring made him look rather menacing. "What is the Expansion?"

The soldier gulped. "M-making the planet into a giant city, of course."

"What have I said earlier to indicate I don't have anything but good intentions for my city and this planet? When I am finished this entire quadrant of space will know of us and look at us in awe!"

Wyatt

Wyatt just let loose one of the heaviest sighs knowing that whatever was about to come out of this man's mouth was going to be incredibly stupid or captialistic, possibly both. " Yeah, that sounds about right for violent soldier venture capitalism. It's always about destroying the native area in favor of the city. Somehow, I doubt you care how that will affect the local wildlife or flowers."

As the soldier explained, Usagi's heart sank. They were going to kill them for not destroying their home?

"That's wrong," she started, feeling her tears well up.

"They are so sweet and are raising animals-"

de4exm4-39471412-0309-436b-a571-2f7bd23ce162.jpg

"All for some megacity?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back