New User Top of the Mornin'!

Bit of a late reply, but I really like feminist literature. That's Charlotte Bronte (definitely not Emily - sorry to any Wuthering Heights lovers, I just can't enjoy Wuthering Heights), Virginia Woolf (in small doses) and then Sylvia Plath and Alice Walker a bit later on.

Wuthering Heights definitely isn't for everyone. I haven't read much of those, a little Sylvia Plath maybe. Not to say I wouldn't like them! I'm willing to read just about anything. I like fiction, fantasy, horror, and gothic type reads. I also like anything non-fiction about serial killers. May be weird, but it's a fascination of mine.

It is a lovely story! Absolutely riveting. I have read it like 6 times, and I still can't put it down each time I re-read it. It has mystery, romance...everything!

I usually read the book before I watch the movie for that reason. Some movies are as good as the books, but in a different way, a lot of the time though it seems they fall short.

I love Wuthering Heights, but it is a depressing book, for sure! I like 'Jane Eyre' better.

Jane Eyre is absolutely gorgeous! It's such an in-depth narrative on issues contemporary to the Victorian woman and the fact that it's still reflected in the female experience today is excellent.

Also, I like that Jane reflects a level of biting humour. There are moments in the novel that are so enhanced by the way Jane bites back at Rochester.

Yes! I love Jane's personality. I can relate to her a lot. And I like the way Mr. Rochester is definitely not your typical suitor! He can be pretty mean, but he's still awesome, for all that!

Back