TransformersXPokemon Crossover - Epic Roleplay Interest Check

Crow

YOU MEAN
After some consideration, I have decided to initiate a TransformersXPokemon Crossover in the form of an Epic Roleplay.

Continuity-wise, this will likely stem from the Aligned Continuity. It will be sometime after the Autobots & Decepticons find themselves on Earth. They hide among humans and have scanned the mystical fauna of the planet - that which the locals call Pokemon - to blend in. While doing so, they discover that these animalistic altmodes have granted them odd powers that they can use in combat.

I'm still considering a wide variety of things & topics, such as whether I should get the Aether Foundation to aid the Autobots or if it should be an original faction. Before I go deeper, I need to confirm that people are interested in this Roleplay and the ideas it presents, perhaps Co-GMs that know enough about Transformers, particularly the Aligned Continuity, and some Co-GMs with Pokemon knowledge(games in particular, knowledge up to USUM) to handle the Pokemon side of things.

I will likely also set a Discord chat up to interact with the various players.

A little update: Until further notice, we will be using this thread for our operations. Once we hit five Roleplayers, I will initiate operations for an Epic Roleplay.

Cybertron.

Our home.

Or so it was.

Neither side won the war for Cybertron. Our planet was left inhabitable due to this war. As such, we had to leave for a planet rich in Energon. Its inhabitants call it The World. We Autobots now live on this planet as refugees. On this planet, the inhabitants have few vehicles, but rely more on organisms they refer to as Pokemon. As such, we felt that it was wise to adopt forms more akin to the native Pokemon.

Unfortunately, the Decepticons had a similiar idea, following us to this planet. Now, we have one more responsibility - to protect this planet from the Decepticons.

Here is the link to the Discord.

As you can see, this is a Transformers X Pokemon Crossover RP. Here, you can choose to be part of the Autobots, lead by Optimus Prime, or the Decepticons, lead by Megatron.

Playable human characters will not be present until the RP develops into an Epic Roleplay. All humans until then will be NPCs.

Optimus has tapped into the Matrix of Leadership to access the Wisdom of the Primes - particularly Onyx Prime, Lord of Beasts. A small fragment of this wisdom was the ability to assume Beast Modes, which allowed the Autobots to assume Pokemodes.

The Decepticons currently do not have the means to assume Beast Modes, as such, they have assumed the vehicular forms they have taken on Cybertron, or even the sparse vehicles on this organic planet. However, we can plan & discuss potential future Pokemodes for the Decepticons.

The ability to assume Beast Modes is unnecessary to scan more 'technological' forms, such as Magnezone, Golurk & Porygon. As such, some Decepticons have selected this choice.

Currently, Legendary Pokemodes are not allowed.

For altmodes, I would prefer it if it was a one Pokemon per altmode deal. When it comes to Pokemon with mutiple forms, mutiple characters that cannot shift between forms, such as three different Lycanroc altmode Cybertronians or two Basculin altmode Cybertronians, are allowed, but not something like four Oricorio altmode Cybertronians, since Oricorio can switch forms with ease.

You are free to claim canon names. However, once some of these canon names have been played as GM characters, you will not be able to play them, unless discussions are held.

Pokemode moves, typing & abilities only come into play when assuming said modes.

This RP will draw heavily from the Aligned Continuity. Cybertronians of both kinds will not be capable of flight unless they assume an Altmode capable of doing so, or if they have jetpacks.

You are permitted to have as many characters as you wish, just make sure you can control them all.

(Insert Picture Here)

Name:
Race: Cybertronian
Faction: Autobot or Decepticon?
Position: Well? If you're unsure what to put, do tell me.
Altmode: Well, what is it?
Pokemode Ability: Only if using a Pokemode.
Pokemode Moves: Four only
Weapons: Well?
Minicons: Completely optional. I'm still figuring out how these work, so PM me if you want one.
Skills: Well?
Appearance Description: It will be hard to describe a robot precisely, so feel free to insert details here to seperate from the above picture.
Personality: Well?
History: Let's hear it!
Other information: Well?​

Last edited:
I have no idea how this is going to work, but it looks really interesting. I'd love to give it a go.

Good to hear. Anything you have in mind regarding this RP so far?

Also, for all who are interested and express it in this thread, feel free to check out the WIP Discord.

https://discord.gg/sEFerEY

Erm...not at the moment. I mean, I know in the movies (which really aren't canon, at least not the live action ones) some Transformers can turn "human." So the possibility exists that at least some of the Transformers could become Pokemon. Which is what you seem to be implying. But there's also some tech in the Pokemon world. Not a lot, I'll grant you, but enough that there could also be Transformers pretending to be Pokedex's or something like that.

Erm...not at the moment. I mean, I know in the movies (which really aren't canon, at least not the live action ones) some Transformers can turn "human." So the possibility exists that at least some of the Transformers could become Pokemon. Which is what you seem to be implying. But there's also some tech in the Pokemon world. Not a lot, I'll grant you, but enough that there could also be Transformers pretending to be Pokedex's or something like that.

In Animated, there's- wait, no spoilers...

The Cybertronians favour Pokemon forms to vehicles because they're more combat-based and have mystical powers and whatnot, even healing and such if you want to be a medic like Ratchet.

I took into account that the Pokemon World had less reliance on vehicles than our world, which is why I'm still wondering if the standard Decepticon minion should assume a car-based altmode, or if I should give them an altmode like Mighyena.

However, in some drafts, I did plan for Minicons to assume the form of held items & (certain) first-stage Pokemon, such as a Remoraid altmode Minicon to be deployed from a Mantine altmode Cybertronian, or a baby Kangaskhan altmode Minicon deployed from a Kangaskhan altmode Cybertronian.

Minicons, especially in the Unicron Trilogy & the Aligned Continuity, are essentially smaller Cybertronians from the moons that can attach to and be deployed by the standard-sized Cybertronians. The most notable example is Soundwave's trusty partner Laserbeak.

Minicons in general need to move less, so I imagine that they'd be more valid for stationary, non-vehicular technology like Pokedexes or Poketches.

I can see you thought it through. It makes sense for the vast majority to turn into Pokemon. But I could see Megatron forcing some of his lower underlings (and maybe a couple of his more prominent underlings) into becoming mechanical things. But you are correct. They'd prefer the forms that give them special powers.

My brother would probably like it. I don't know when he'll be on next though. But I'll bring it up to him so he knows.

According to Epic Roleplay Guidelines, we actually need 2 more people.

If you two have any friends interested, feel free to contact them.

@Alissa Ming @Raynar Saassin

As a last resort I've decided to start this as a regular Roleplay, and prepare plans for an Epic Roleplay transition the moment we hit five people. I'll be setting the thread up real soon.

EDIT: Check the first post. Lots of people are using Bulletin Board for Signups, so I'm following.

Last edited:
That seems fair to me. Maybe people will take a look at the basic idea and decide they like it from that.

Back