Trophy Recommendations/Requests

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
So! We're going to be revamping the default trophy system that is currently in place soon, and putting in custom ones. I'm tossing up this thread to share recommendations and ideas of things that people would like to see added as trophies. Don't get too abstract with them. Trophies should be marks of achievement with simple criteria involved. IE: Reaching so many posts in a single roleplay, running an Epic roleplay for a year, etc.

I can't promise that we will add every single recommendation, but we will consider each and every one carefully.

Being a part of a complete roleplay/running a roleplay that officially is completed should be one. Higher post-count ceilings - right now it caps at 100.

Reaching # posts in a single roleplay is a good idea, because it shows that who achieved the trophy really got into the RP and liked it.

Reaching # of posts in a roleplay is way easier to achieve in some roleplays compared to others. You got your 3-4 sentence back and forth speedruns, and then you have your one-post-a-round, one-round-a-week style roleplays.

Going to be starting on this on my next day off probably, if anyone has any last minute requests or recommendations.

I have a suggestion. Maybe this could go in tandem with another feature. How about once a month people nominate a post from a RP they're participating in that's particularly good. Then the site votes for the best nominee for Post of the Month, which then becomes a trophy if you win one

Except then you're taking posts and removing them of any context. People would be voting for the equivalent of flash fiction minus the plot.

True that, but I think everyone would be aware of that the post would be out of context, and the strength of the writing would show through, in my opinion. You might be right, though. It was just an idea

Back