1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. New and confused? Can't post? Looking for information regarding account approval? Check out our website guide to see if any of your questions are covered there! If your questions aren't covered under our guide, post them up in your introduction thread or the help forum.
  3. Want to feature one of your roleplays on the front page? See here for information: Featuring Roleplays Again! Accepting Submissions!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We are currently accepting applications for multiple staff positions. Check out our Site Announcements forum for details!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time for another voting drive! As with previous voting drives we will be sending out voting reminders once a day for the first week of a new voting cycle. This helps to get a good position in the top rankings early on. For people wanting to help out around the site but who can't necessarily contribute in other ways, this is a great way to help out. I can't understate how important voting is. Almost all of our traffic comes from TopRPSites, and when we aren't in the top rankings, we don't draw in new users. So get on in there and vote for Storyteller's Circle!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. So as some of you may already know, we're looking to get the website's platform updated to the newest version of Xenforo. The newer platform (Xenforo 2) comes with a lot of solid features and bug fixes from the original Xenforo. To reach this end we have setup a donation campaign for people interested in helping out.
    Dismiss Notice

Illusion True Goddess Metempsychosis

Discussion in 'Convergence In-Character Forums' started by Minerva, May 29, 2019.

1. Minerva

Minerva Cyberbullied at K-Mart

"Right. Off we go then." Makoto said, leading the group. You all would be led into the main hall of the building.

"So, welcome to the Tokyo Diet. Sorry about the mess. It is split into six floors, and two meeting halls: The House of Councillors and the House of Representatives." She gestured to the building. "It was built in 1920-1936 after fifty years of debating n how the building should look, and was designed by Watanabe Fukuzo based on designs by German architects Wilhelm Böckmann and Hermann Ende." She said towards the building. She gestured to several paintings on the ceiling. "These were painted by art students rather than professional artists."

She looked at her watch and sighed. "You all were supposed to watch a session of the House of Representatives today, but as you saw, that's not happening."

"Did I say something wrong?" Doctor Zelenin asked, raising her eyebrow with a laugh. She tapped on a tablet for a moment and smiled. "Just let me know if you need help with anything. I'm the Study hall monitor today."

@Crow

Well, through whatever ways, legal or illegal, through line hopping and jumping into bathroom stalls strategically, you got through into Tokyo Skytree and movie.

As you rode up the elevator, an advertisement on a screen played a preview for a future film that involved Medusa being defeated, and an ad for a concert by pop sensation Mashita Kanami, with a brief segment of a song by her.

You arrived and the elevator opened to...
    A large man in a black suit.
    "Tickets, please." He said, holding out his hand.

Looks like it wasn't going to be that easy.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies

Meanwhile, the movie would start in New York City. A mafia boss required a "cleaner" to clean up the corpses in his cover restaurant, only to get someone who he thought was the assassin responsible.

Jerry Youngman plays the villain.

@Lucky

Sark likes this.
  2. Jeremi

Jeremi Well-Known Member The Convergence Series GM

"Well it's nice to see people get there start somewhere," Sarah said outloud to the people around her at the mention of the students. "Giving that helping hand is...well...helpful."

Seeing the frustration on Makoto's face Sarah tried to chime in with something positive. "This is already so fascinating! I don't know how much excitement we could take on one field trip."

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Jackythejack @Hida Tomonatsu

3. Hida Tomonatsu

Hida Tomonatsu Hida Bushi

The explanation was certainly interesting... but Hisoka couldn't help but cock a brow at it. That didn't sound right given the stories he had heard of its construction. Well, no better way to find out which way is the correct one than by asking. "Excuse me, Sako-sama," His hand shot up as Sarah finished giving her best if a little disingenuous-sounding attempt at cheering up their guide, and the young man didn't wait to be called on from there, "But wasn't the building's design the result of a competition where various architects including Fukuzo-sama submitted designs, with the roof and tower being based on the work submitted by third-place competitor Takeuchi Shinshichi?"

He paused a moment before nervously scratching the back of his neck, realizing how he might have come off, "N-Not that what you said was wrong, of course! It's simply that Shinshichi-sama, if he was the designer of the building in part, should receive recognition as well."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee

4. Sark

Sark Im-im-impossible!!

Damn. Björn had been praying for a little more room to work with before the ticket check. But now? He had been caught between a rock and a hard place. He had to Think Fast. He couldn't screw up now, not after how passionately he had bragged of his skill in front of Andy.

He would have to play his ace in the hole. His Ultimate Hussle.

His eyes welled, his lip trembled, and he release a short sharp cough.

"Sorry... Fella..."

Björn muttered with a quivering tone.

"But we don't have tickets today... But I'm sure you've heard of... Saint Hope's Foundation for Sick Youths, right?"

Another cough.

"You see, we have all been cursed by the burden of a very rare, very fatal, very non-contagious disease. We had it since we were wee little babies... You remember what it was like to be a kid, don't you, Mr.Ticket Man?"

His tool a weak step forward. His knees trembled. This was going to be an Oscar-worthy performance!

"We've been robbed of our childhoods... So many days spent behind hospital curtains... Far from the Sun... And now? We don't have much time left. The Doctors say that... That we may not last the week out... But he also said that he... pulled some strings with the school? And with the Exposition? He said that if we came here we... We might have a chance to glimpse into a future... A future we're never going to get to see..."

He wiped a tear from his eyes.

"Please sir, if you've got a shred of love in that big old heart of yours... You'll spare a ticket for those in need... And maybe an alm or two? Or at least... Check with your bosses? Tell them that..."

Crap think of a fake name... Think think think.

"...Andy Vomitte and Children from the Wishing program are waiting in the elevator? They said that there would be some... Some swag set aside for us... But please... Dont take too long... We don't have much time left..."

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  5. Jackythejack

Jackythejack Member

“It took fifty years to decide how this place is gonna look?” Junko asked with a small tilt of her head as she scratched the top of her head. “I mean...gosh, I can’t even bother taking five minutes to make a decision. Fifty years...”

6. Lucky

Lucky PJ

Andrew James ( AJ/Andy)

Andy would pull a very small foldable stand out of his bag and prop the camera up behind him with a burner cell phone, checking for cameras and guards. He would hit record and go back to his seat to watch it, making it look like he had no clue what was going on while adjusting a cap with a tiny camera attached to it already recording the movie

That jerry rig set-up should hold. I got my true one on my head- hopefully that should be enough to keep the idiot attendants from catching what I am doing.

@Minerva

7. Yun Lee

Yun Lee Soaring White Dragon Staff Member Administrator The Convergence Series GM

Man, Hisoka was so smart! How did he remember all these things? And Sarah was really so nice, too, always going out of her way to reassure people and cheer them up. Meanwhile, here he was, looking around this place like an idiot, unsure of what to make of all these names other than that they meant nothing to him. His memory had gotten so bad these last few years...was this something they'd even gone over in class?

While they talked with the guide, Ienari was content to just admire the paintings. A small part of him wished he had taken an art class...maybe once he went to college, he could?

@Minerva @Jeremi @Hida Tomonatsu

Hida Tomonatsu likes this.