Status
Not open for further replies.
Prologue - Bjorm 'Bear' Tormod-Orson

"I'm down for hitting up that Techxpo, Angel." Bear smiled at Hikaru through his split lip, before tipping his head back to shake the last drops of soda from his can. Once he was happy with his latest load-up of calories, he crunched the can between his fingers, threw it up and down a couple of times, before carelessly throwing it behind him. With any luck, one of those stiffs would pick it up for him on their way back from the Diet.

"Exams are for pussies anyway. Screw studying. Miss me with that. I'll take free Expo samples and cute smiles for company any day of the week."

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies
Andrew James (AJ/Andy)

AJ had been planning to go to the museum trip, but well, one thing had led to another and he had forgotten to give in the permission slip.. He looked over at Hikaru. " I'm actually going to the movie next door. I wanted to at least let you know when things go south where to get me. That Lane movie looks good."

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Chaos Boys
"C'mon, man. You can pirate that thing when it comes out on DVD. Take some sagelike advice from Uncle Bjorn-- Movies are temporary. Wrecking a Texpo? Stealing samples? Now that's forever. You won't be forgetting today... Unless you're too scared to have some real fun with the grown ups... "

@Lucky @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies

"Hooeeeeeeeee..." Sakura sighed, "maybe I should've signed up for that school trip, even if the sun bothers me..."

Tange Sakura, the first years' local chuunibyou was busy studying alone. She wasn't much of a social type. It didn't help that she was rumoured to be a full-fledged, legit vampire. How so many people manage to believe this is beyond anyone. She flipped her pages, pondering.

"Hmmmph... nothing's getting in my head..."

To help the diffusion process a bit better, she smacked her face into her book.

Take a guess how well that worked.

@Minerva

[LAW]​

It came to you in your dreams. A recurring dream that you had, a woman dressed in white, reaching her hand out towards you from a black void and calling your name.

maxresdefault.jpg

The city, on fire, covered in darkness. You were surrounded by people you had never seen before. The sound of sirens went off in the background.

The woman reaches her hand out to you and others. "You are dreaming, and soon you will awake."

The world burned away, forming a desert in its place. The desert stretched infinitely in every direction. An old man laughed.

latest

"This is not your home." The voice said.

There was then a corruption, like when a TV cuts in and out, and then...

The dream was over.

Your phone went off.

It was time for school.

July 14

[LAW]

"Good afternoon, Shujin Academy! I hope your final exams are going well!" A cheery female voice stated over the intercom. "Today, there is the Field Trip to the Diet for those who signed up. For everyone else, the library is set up for study sessions throughout the rest of the day.”

latest

Io Nitta sat in the library. She had a pile of books at her table and smiled at everyone who came in.

“Good afternoon. Are you all here to study?” She asked.

[NEUTRAL]

gD4xYzA.png

"Alright! Who do I have?" Kawakami asked. She held a clipboard in her hands. "Come on out, everyone! We only have a few hours left and a lot to see!”

1200px-Diet_of_Japan_Kokkai_2009.jpg

The Diet Building stood tall and proud behind you all. Bureaucrats, cops, and citizens all walked along the path. You saw several cops in riot armor with riot shields running past the building.

You stood outside of a school bus, other students surrounded you. The day was hot, but bearable.

[CHAOS]

Several had decided to slip out afterwards or even forgo their exams altogether. There was a large tech exhibition hosted by the Kirijo Group at the Tokyo Sky Tower, and a group of students was gathering in a grassy area in front of a small Buddhist temple.

Hikaru-SMT-IV-198221-full.png

"Alright, we have a few hours before they'll notice us missing back at our schools." Hikaru said. Hikaru was a third year at another school, but was known for gathering people together from Kosei, Shujin, and several other schools in the general area. She was a great student, but well known among delinquents for her own "Field Trips" as she called them. Some also had a crush on her, saying she is “as pretty as an angel.”

"So, I thought today we'd see the Kirijo Group tech exhibition at the Sky Tower in Asakusa. See what kinda cool tech they’re rolling out.” She laughed and tugged at her messenger bag.

Alternatively, you could have slipped out to see Lane: The Professional, an action film about a mafia janitor in New York who everyone thinks is a hitman. The theater was conveniently next to the Sky Tower too!

CLASS ROSTER

Akiyama, Itsuki (@York )

Cooper, Andrew James (@Lucky )

Omura, Hisoka (@Hida Tomonatsu )

Manabe, Ienari (@Yun Lee )

Nakamura, Sarah (@Jeremi )

Shimizu, Kiseki (@Gummi Bunnies )

Shiori, Nanako (@Alex Azure )

Tange, Sakura (@Crow )

Tormod-Oreson, Bjorn (@Sark )

Yamasato, Leah (@Minerva )
Itsuki Akiyama
@Minerva @Law

Itsuki had always been plagued with nightmares and strange dreams throughout the course of his life. Often times, it was him wandering or freezing to death in an endless field of snow, with a desperate voice calling out to him that he thought he recognized from somewhere.

But he always woke up before he could get any consistent answers.

This time though, he dreamt of something different...

The city was on fire... Burning away until nothing was left but a desert, a woman desperately reaching out for him in the streets of the city just before it all burned away, leaving an old man proclaiming this was not his home.

And then he awoke to the sound of his cell phone ringing.

Another day... Another headache, as the sun shone right on his face through his window. If it hadn't been for his bad rep he got from being transferred from high school to high school, he wouldn't have had to retake these exams, but... Figuring he would try and not get kicked out of Shujin academy this time, and thus having to deal with moving again, to a new house with new foster parents... He begrudgingly headed to the library to study.

"Of course. Aren't we all?" He responded, a somewhat melancholy tone in his voice.

The girl in the library after all was asking a question he thought to be obvious.​

"A...A biological what?!" Ienari had figured something was weird, but nothing nearly as bad as this! How can they expect tours to go on normally like that?! 'Under control'...could you really control something of that nature?

@Minerva @Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi

"A...A biological what?!" Ienari had figured something was weird, but nothing nearly as bad as this! How can they expect tours to go on normally like that?! 'Under control'...could you really control something of that nature?

"I mean, we did in 1995," Hisoka spoke up without his question to Kawakami-sensei answered, knowing that he didn't want Ienari to panic unless the whole student body did, "While we struggled back then, Ienari-san, our society had adapted since then for emergencies like these. Emergency services have become better trained and prepared for moments like these, and knowing how that incident was treated, the media should be better tight-lipped on the attackers and focused more on garnering support for the victims so that relief money for their suffering can be gathered."

"No need to worry about hysteria, and the proper authorities will be able to quarantine the area fairly easily depending on the location in Shibuya, which seems to exclude the train stations since they didn't specifically mention them," He finished off with a thoughtful expression as he considered the case so far, before smiling at the Occult Club leader, "So for us, the danger isn't something to worry about; society will react appropriately to control this incident and protect our lives."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee

"I mean, we did in 1995," Hisoka spoke up without his question to Kawakami-sensei answered, knowing that he didn't want Ienari to panic unless the whole student body did, "While we struggled back then, Ienari-san, our society had adapted since then for emergencies like these. Emergency services have become better trained and prepared for moments like these, and knowing how that incident was treated, the media should be better tight-lipped on the attackers and focused more on garnering support for the victims so that relief money for their suffering can be gathered."

"No need to worry about hysteria, and the proper authorities will be able to quarantine the area fairly easily depending on the location in Shibuya, which seems to exclude the train stations since they didn't specifically mention them," He finished off with a thoughtful expression as he considered the case so far, before smiling at the Occult Club leader, "So for us, the danger isn't something to worry about; society will react appropriately to control this incident and protect our lives."

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you." Sarah tried to not use bible verses when she spoke, but she felt that this was an apt point to do it. "Hisoka's right, Inari. If something happens we'll figure it out, right now let's just try to have a good time, alright?"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Hida Tomonatsu

"Uh...yeah." Ienari gave his classmates a wary smile. "You guys are right." He tried to do what they said, to put it all out of his mind, but...there was still a deep gnawing feeling of worry in his stomach. I mean, a biological weapon in Shibuya? That's really scary...as much as he loved the unknown, things that were known and real were what scared him. People got hurt. Someone dangerous was in Shibuya.

But for his class' sake, he would at least try to be cheery. "Um...! Where are we going next on the tour, Miss Kawakami?"

Well, given they had the time to spare, and Ienari's worries were settled for the moment... Might as well ask some questions. "So, Dr. Stephen!" Hisoka chirped up while raising a hand to draw the researcher's attention to him in particular, "What sort of project is your team working on at the moment? At least, if you're allowed to share anything about it at the moment."

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Jeremi

Andrew James (Andy/AJ)

" You see, that's the thing. Wrecking a Texpo, stealing samples may be forever- but so is turning a profit for recording the new Lane movie. Everyone at the school wants to see it. Charge them like your amount of 2 dollars for a bootleg, multiply that by our school size, I can be making a good amount of money. You got to think of the long game, Uncle Bjorn."

@Sark @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies

Well, given they had the time to spare, and Ienari's worries were settled for the moment... Might as well ask some questions. "So, Dr. Stephen!" Hisoka chirped up while raising a hand to draw the researcher's attention to him in particular, "What sort of project is your team working on at the moment? At least, if you're allowed to share anything about it at the moment."

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Jeremi

"Ah, thank you for your question." Stephen said. "I have been working with Kirijo Group on a teleporter technology as well as some Artificial Intelligence development utilizing a prototype they made in 1999." He said in his calm tone. "I would go more into it, but there's a more urgent matter at hand." He said, gesturing to the reporters."

2124243-makoto.png

The announcer woman would walk over to the school group. "I'm incredibly sorry about that. My superior is currently in Osaka and this crisis was so sudden." She said with a sigh. "My name is Makoto Sako, I'll be your tour guide for the afternoon."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Neutral

Andrew James (Andy/AJ)

" You see, that's the thing. Wrecking a Texpo, stealing samples may be forever- but so is turning a profit for recording the new Lane movie. Everyone at the school wants to see it. Charge them like your amount of 2 dollars for a bootleg, multiply that by our school size, I can be making a good amount of money. You got to think of the long game, Uncle Bjorn."

"That's the spirit, Andrew!" Hikaru said. "This is the last day for us to do what we want and stick it to the man." She said with a laugh. She picked up her schoolbag. "So those going to the Exhibition, follow me, and I hope you all brought your own money, because I ain't paying for you all." Several other students would pick up their own bookbags and head towards the line out front of the tower.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Chaos

"Hooeeeeeeeee..." Sakura sighed, "maybe I should've signed up for that school trip, even if the sun bothers me..."

Tange Sakura, the first years' local chuunibyou was busy studying alone. She wasn't much of a social type. It didn't help that she was rumoured to be a full-fledged, legit vampire. How so many people manage to believe this is beyond anyone. She flipped her pages, pondering.

@Minerva

[LAW]
Itsuki Akiyama
@Minerva @Law

Itsuki had always been plagued with nightmares and strange dreams throughout the course of his life. Often times, it was him wandering or freezing to death in an endless field of snow, with a desperate voice calling out to him that he thought he recognized from somewhere.

But he always woke up before he could get any consistent answers.

This time though, he dreamt of something different...

The city was on fire... Burning away until nothing was left but a desert, a woman desperately reaching out for him in the streets of the city just before it all burned away, leaving an old man proclaiming this was not his home.

And then he awoke to the sound of his cell phone ringing.

Another day... Another headache, as the sun shone right on his face through his window. If it hadn't been for his bad rep he got from being transferred from high school to high school, he wouldn't have had to retake these exams, but... Figuring he would try and not get kicked out of Shujin academy this time, and thus having to deal with moving again, to a new house with new foster parents... He begrudgingly headed to the library to study.

"Of course. Aren't we all?" He responded, a somewhat melancholy tone in his voice.

The girl in the library after all was asking a question he thought to be obvious.

"Are you all studying hard?" A woman said as she entered. "Of course you are." She said with a laugh. She looked at the gathered group. "Oh, you aren't third years. I'm Doctor Zelenin, Guest Lecturer for Third Year Biology."

latest

She sat down at the empty seat next to Io, who was deep into her book. "Do you need help with anything?" She asked with a smile.

@Law

"Ah, thank you for your question." Stephen said. "I have been working with Kirijo Group on a teleporter technology as well as some Artificial Intelligence development utilizing a prototype they made in 1999." He said in his calm tone. "I would go more into it, but there's a more urgent matter at hand." He said, gesturing to the reporters."

2124243-makoto.png

The announcer woman would walk over to the school group. "I'm incredibly sorry about that. My superior is currently in Osaka and this crisis was so sudden." She said with a sigh. "My name is Makoto Sako, I'll be your tour guide for the afternoon."

"That's the spirit, Andrew!" Hikaru said. "This is the last day for us to do what we want and stick it to the man." She said with a laugh. She picked up her schoolbag. "So those going to the Exhibition, follow me, and I hope you all brought your own money, because I ain't paying for you all." Several other students would pick up their own bookbags and head towards the line out front of the tower.

"Are you all studying hard?" A woman said as she entered. "Of course you are." She said with a laugh. She looked at the gathered group. "Oh, you aren't third years. I'm Doctor Zelenin, Guest Lecturer for Third Year Biology."

latest

She sat down at the empty seat next to Io, who was deep into her book. "Do you need help with anything?" She asked with a smile.

@Law

Not only work on artificial intelligence, but also teleportation? It seemed the Kirijo Group was doing its best to stay ahead of the curve no matter what field it was, from the mundane everyday needs of Japan to the most cutting-edge of tech that would change society. "Interesting. Well, thank you, Dr. Stephen!" Omura answered with a cheerful smile, content with the response for now. That happy demeanor continued to radiate from him as he nodded to the young woman who introduced herself as their tour guide, "No need to apologize, Sako-sama. Your duties called for you to speak to the people; a tour group can wait when there's pressing matters at hand."

"Ah, and I'm Hisoka Omura, ma'am. Wonderful to meet you!"

Not only work on artificial intelligence, but also teleportation? It seemed the Kirijo Group was doing its best to stay ahead of the curve no matter what field it was, from the mundane everyday needs of Japan to the most cutting-edge of tech that would change society. "Interesting. Well, thank you, Dr. Stephen!" Omura answered with a cheerful smile, content with the response for now. That happy demeanor continued to radiate from him as he nodded to the young woman who introduced herself as their tour guide, "No need to apologize, Sako-sama. Your duties called for you to speak to the people; a tour group can wait when there's pressing matters at hand."

"Ah, and I'm Hisoka Omura, ma'am. Wonderful to meet you!"

That sounded like something out of a sci-fi story...Sarah thought to herself as she listened to the people talking around her. She didn't really have anything to contribute on the subject but all of it did sound very fascinating.

Introducing herself was however something she was good at. "I'm Sarah Nakamura! It's a pleasure to meet you!"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Hida Tomonatsu

@Minerva

[LAW]​

2124243-makoto.png

latest

@Law

Itsuki Akiyama
@Minerva @Crow @Law

Itsuki grumbled something unintelligible under his breath before he properly responses.

"Fine... Just fine..." He muttered.

Had this only been a few years ago, there was a good chance he would have jumped ship, but times have changed since then... And besides, he wouldn't have much room to maneuver soon if he kept getting kicked out of every school he went to.​

Andrew James ( AJ/Andy)

Andrew beamed with pride at Hikaru complimenting in and when he was sure nobody was looking would stick his tongue out at Bjorn. " That's the plan, Hikaru, sticking it to the man in whatever way is possible. Have fun doing what you have too to stick to it to the man," he said, heading over to go and see and record the Lane movie. Today couldn't get much better than this. It felt so good to be doing bad.

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Chaos

Andrew James (Andy/AJ)

"Now that... is actually an alright scam..." Bjorn hummed to himself, stroking his chin and beaming. "I'm proud to say that I taught you everything you know, lad." He reached over to A.J. and ruffled his hair with his abnormally large hands, laughed as he pushed his friend's head to the side. "Cut me in on the scheme, and maybe I'll let you consider me as... an investor in your future endeavors. How does that sound, short stuff?"

@Lucky

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of it," Bjorn smiled, wrapped his linked fingers behind his head and smiled a devious smile. "With any luck, I might be able to find us a way in without paying at all..."

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Lucky
[CHAOS]

Andrew James (Andy/AJ)

Andy looked over at him with a skeptical eyebrow and he didn't know what to say to him. " Yeah, pretty sure that you didn't even teach me any of the trick that I know, I learned most of them back in the state." He would have moved out of way, but he wasn't quick enough to do that and he looked over at him. " Well, I would love for you to be an investor in my future endeavors, but you see, I like my investors to see my schemes and be involved before I give them a cut."

@Sark @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Chaos

2124243-makoto.png

Nanako was the last student to step off the bus, yet worked her way to the front of the group after checking in with Kawakami.

"We are grateful for your time, Sako-sama. I'm sure that managing such a crisis is important. The work done here is important for the good of the nation. I am Nanako Shiori, an it is a pleasure to meet you," she said, introducing herself with a bow.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neutral

❝ Oh? Do tell. ❞ Kiseki rose an eyebrow at Bjorn's remark on sneaking them in. It didn't matter much to her, but if it meant not using the money pickpocketed from some poor classmate, she could put that money towards something else later down the line.

@Minerva @Sark @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
@Chaos

“Oh, tour guides and stuff, yeah,” Junko said suddenly as she snapped back into reality. Her eyes widened slightly and she ran a hand through her less than well kept hair. “Tours are...cool and stuff, yeah. Let’s go look at some stuff. Sounds like a lot of fun.”

It was hard to tell if she was sarcastic with that almost monotone way of speaking.

@Minerva @Neutral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back