Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only work on artificial intelligence, but also teleportation? It seemed the Kirijo Group was doing its best to stay ahead of the curve no matter what field it was, from the mundane everyday needs of Japan to the most cutting-edge of tech that would change society. "Interesting. Well, thank you, Dr. Stephen!" Omura answered with a cheerful smile, content with the response for now. That happy demeanor continued to radiate from him as he nodded to the young woman who introduced herself as their tour guide, "No need to apologize, Sako-sama. Your duties called for you to speak to the people; a tour group can wait when there's pressing matters at hand."

"Ah, and I'm Hisoka Omura, ma'am. Wonderful to meet you!"

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee
That sounded like something out of a sci-fi story...Sarah thought to herself as she listened to the people talking around her. She didn't really have anything to contribute on the subject but all of it did sound very fascinating.

Introducing herself was however something she was good at. "I'm Sarah Nakamura! It's a pleasure to meet you!"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Hida Tomonatsu
Nanako was the last student to step off the bus, yet worked her way to the front of the group after checking in with Kawakami.

"We are grateful for your time, Sako-sama. I'm sure that managing such a crisis is important. The work done here is important for the good of the nation. I am Nanako Shiori, an it is a pleasure to meet you," she said, introducing herself with a bow.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neutral
"Y-Yeah!" Ienari bowed politely, if not a bit hastily, as their new guide introduced herself. "I'm Ienari Manabe, it's very nice to meet you!"

@Minerva @Jeremi @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure
“Oh, tour guides and stuff, yeah,” Junko said suddenly as she snapped back into reality. Her eyes widened slightly and she ran a hand through her less than well kept hair. “Tours are...cool and stuff, yeah. Let’s go look at some stuff. Sounds like a lot of fun.”

It was hard to tell if she was sarcastic with that almost monotone way of speaking.

@Minerva @Neutral

"Right. Off we go then." Makoto said, leading the group. You all would be led into the main hall of the building.

"So, welcome to the Tokyo Diet. Sorry about the mess. It is split into six floors, and two meeting halls: The House of Councillors and the House of Representatives." She gestured to the building. "It was built in 1920-1936 after fifty years of debating n how the building should look, and was designed by Watanabe Fukuzo based on designs by German architects Wilhelm Böckmann and Hermann Ende." She said towards the building. She gestured to several paintings on the ceiling. "These were painted by art students rather than professional artists."

She looked at her watch and sighed. "You all were supposed to watch a session of the House of Representatives today, but as you saw, that's not happening."

Itsuki Akiyama
@Minerva @Crow @Law

Itsuki grumbled something unintelligible under his breath before he properly responses.

"Fine... Just fine..." He muttered.

Had this only been a few years ago, there was a good chance he would have jumped ship, but times have changed since then... And besides, he wouldn't have much room to maneuver soon if he kept getting kicked out of every school he went to.

"Did I say something wrong?" Doctor Zelenin asked, raising her eyebrow with a laugh. She tapped on a tablet for a moment and smiled. "Just let me know if you need help with anything. I'm the Study hall monitor today."

@Crow

❝ Oh? Do tell. ❞ Kiseki rose an eyebrow at Bjorn's remark on sneaking them in. It didn't matter much to her, but if it meant not using the money pickpocketed from some poor classmate, she could put that money towards something else later down the line.

@Minerva @Sark @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
@Chaos
Andrew James (Andy/AJ)

Andy looked over at him with a skeptical eyebrow and he didn't know what to say to him. " Yeah, pretty sure that you didn't even teach me any of the trick that I know, I learned most of them back in the state." He would have moved out of way, but he wasn't quick enough to do that and he looked over at him. " Well, I would love for you to be an investor in my future endeavors, but you see, I like my investors to see my schemes and be involved before I give them a cut."

@Sark @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Chaos
"Now that... is actually an alright scam..." Bjorn hummed to himself, stroking his chin and beaming. "I'm proud to say that I taught you everything you know, lad." He reached over to A.J. and ruffled his hair with his abnormally large hands, laughed as he pushed his friend's head to the side. "Cut me in on the scheme, and maybe I'll let you consider me as... an investor in your future endeavors. How does that sound, short stuff?"

@Lucky

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of it," Bjorn smiled, wrapped his linked fingers behind his head and smiled a devious smile. "With any luck, I might be able to find us a way in without paying at all..."

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Lucky
[CHAOS]

Well, through whatever ways, legal or illegal, through line hopping and jumping into bathroom stalls strategically, you got through into Tokyo Skytree and movie.

As you rode up the elevator, an advertisement on a screen played a preview for a future film that involved Medusa being defeated, and an ad for a concert by pop sensation Mashita Kanami, with a brief segment of a song by her.

You arrived and the elevator opened to...
A large man in a black suit.
"Tickets, please." He said, holding out his hand.

Looks like it wasn't going to be that easy.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies

Meanwhile, the movie would start in New York City. A mafia boss required a "cleaner" to clean up the corpses in his cover restaurant, only to get someone who he thought was the assassin responsible.

Jerry Youngman plays the villain.

@Lucky

"Right. Off we go then." Makoto said, leading the group. You all would be led into the main hall of the building.

"So, welcome to the Tokyo Diet. Sorry about the mess. It is split into six floors, and two meeting halls: The House of Councillors and the House of Representatives." She gestured to the building. "It was built in 1920-1936 after fifty years of debating n how the building should look, and was designed by Watanabe Fukuzo based on designs by German architects Wilhelm Böckmann and Hermann Ende." She said towards the building. She gestured to several paintings on the ceiling. "These were painted by art students rather than professional artists."

She looked at her watch and sighed. "You all were supposed to watch a session of the House of Representatives today, but as you saw, that's not happening."

"Did I say something wrong?" Doctor Zelenin asked, raising her eyebrow with a laugh. She tapped on a tablet for a moment and smiled. "Just let me know if you need help with anything. I'm the Study hall monitor today."

@Crow

Well, through whatever ways, legal or illegal, through line hopping and jumping into bathroom stalls strategically, you got through into Tokyo Skytree and movie.

As you rode up the elevator, an advertisement on a screen played a preview for a future film that involved Medusa being defeated, and an ad for a concert by pop sensation Mashita Kanami, with a brief segment of a song by her.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies

Meanwhile, the movie would start in New York City. A mafia boss required a "cleaner" to clean up the corpses in his cover restaurant, only to get someone who he thought was the assassin responsible.

@Lucky

"Well it's nice to see people get there start somewhere," Sarah said outloud to the people around her at the mention of the students. "Giving that helping hand is...well...helpful."

Seeing the frustration on Makoto's face Sarah tried to chime in with something positive. "This is already so fascinating! I don't know how much excitement we could take on one field trip."

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Jackythejack @Hida Tomonatsu

@Crow

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies

@Lucky
The explanation was certainly interesting... but Hisoka couldn't help but cock a brow at it. That didn't sound right given the stories he had heard of its construction. Well, no better way to find out which way is the correct one than by asking. "Excuse me, Sako-sama," His hand shot up as Sarah finished giving her best if a little disingenuous-sounding attempt at cheering up their guide, and the young man didn't wait to be called on from there, "But wasn't the building's design the result of a competition where various architects including Fukuzo-sama submitted designs, with the roof and tower being based on the work submitted by third-place competitor Takeuchi Shinshichi?"

He paused a moment before nervously scratching the back of his neck, realizing how he might have come off, "N-Not that what you said was wrong, of course! It's simply that Shinshichi-sama, if he was the designer of the building in part, should receive recognition as well."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee

@Crow

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies

@Lucky
Damn. Björn had been praying for a little more room to work with before the ticket check. But now? He had been caught between a rock and a hard place. He had to Think Fast. He couldn't screw up now, not after how passionately he had bragged of his skill in front of Andy.

He would have to play his ace in the hole. His Ultimate Hussle.

His eyes welled, his lip trembled, and he release a short sharp cough.

"Sorry... Fella..."

Björn muttered with a quivering tone.

"But we don't have tickets today... But I'm sure you've heard of... Saint Hope's Foundation for Sick Youths, right?"

Another cough.

"You see, we have all been cursed by the burden of a very rare, very fatal, very non-contagious disease. We had it since we were wee little babies... You remember what it was like to be a kid, don't you, Mr.Ticket Man?"

His tool a weak step forward. His knees trembled. This was going to be an Oscar-worthy performance!

"We've been robbed of our childhoods... So many days spent behind hospital curtains... Far from the Sun... And now? We don't have much time left. The Doctors say that... That we may not last the week out... But he also said that he... pulled some strings with the school? And with the Exposition? He said that if we came here we... We might have a chance to glimpse into a future... A future we're never going to get to see..."

He wiped a tear from his eyes.

"Please sir, if you've got a shred of love in that big old heart of yours... You'll spare a ticket for those in need... And maybe an alm or two? Or at least... Check with your bosses? Tell them that..."

Crap think of a fake name... Think think think.

"...Andy Vomitte and Children from the Wishing program are waiting in the elevator? They said that there would be some... Some swag set aside for us... But please... Dont take too long... We don't have much time left..."

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies

Last edited:
“It took fifty years to decide how this place is gonna look?” Junko asked with a small tilt of her head as she scratched the top of her head. “I mean...gosh, I can’t even bother taking five minutes to make a decision. Fifty years...”

Andrew James ( AJ/Andy)

Andy would pull a very small foldable stand out of his bag and prop the camera up behind him with a burner cell phone, checking for cameras and guards. He would hit record and go back to his seat to watch it, making it look like he had no clue what was going on while adjusting a cap with a tiny camera attached to it already recording the movie

That jerry rig set-up should hold. I got my true one on my head- hopefully that should be enough to keep the idiot attendants from catching what I am doing.

@Minerva

Man, Hisoka was so smart! How did he remember all these things? And Sarah was really so nice, too, always going out of her way to reassure people and cheer them up. Meanwhile, here he was, looking around this place like an idiot, unsure of what to make of all these names other than that they meant nothing to him. His memory had gotten so bad these last few years...was this something they'd even gone over in class?

While they talked with the guide, Ienari was content to just admire the paintings. A small part of him wished he had taken an art class...maybe once he went to college, he could?

@Minerva @Jeremi @Hida Tomonatsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back