Side Story Twin Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanda Maximoff

" The opposite can be said as well. Maybe these twins are even worse then and have already pushed the button while we were deciding if it was ethical or right. What if neither of us pushing the button just causes us all to die?"
She walked back towards the button and didn't press. She instead inspected it to see if there was anything weird about it.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone​

Gundham turned towards the significantly agitated man who had spoken to him, apparently unaffected by his words. "I may have been responsible for the deaths of numerous mortals in the past, but I have neither a genuine favor nor a strong opposition towards preserving the self at the cost of others, for many living things die so that other beings may live, whether you like it or not. But do not fret, for my intention is to see if whether a third path were to unveil itself before the sands of time call their judgement. If Despair were to begin showing itself, it is only then when I shall perform the Judgement myself," he responded with a similar glare, albeit with a fat brown hamster on top of his head. Having answered to Jose, and having heard Wanda's opinion, he followed her towards the button with the intention to prevent anyone else from pressing it before an alternate solutions is either found or a majority agreement to press the button has been voiced. While Wanda inspects the button, he began to address her.

"Woman, I understand your doubts towards the beings in the other room. Indeed, it is right to not trust anything you are not familiar with. Regardless, murder will always be murder even with the best of intentions. I shall ask you: Should you ever decide on pushing the button in the immediate future, are you willing to live the rest of your life with the memory of it?" he asked Wanda, hoping for a near-immediate response.

"Such is the start of another Killing Game," he sighed in his thoughts and crossed his arms as he waited for an answer. Meanwhile, a hamster with a chipped ear peeked from his scarf, oblivious to the graveness of the current situation. The fat hamster on top of his head rolled down and landed straight just beside the peeking hamster.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Yun Lee @Jeremi @EveryoneElse

"My guess," Jose said to Arya, "Is that we're either supposed to work together or tear each other to shreds. They did say this was a trial..." He looked towards Wanda, not liking that she was still right next to the button. "If they had pressed the button by now, we wouldn't have known about it. Unless of course our captors decided to let us know they'd pressed the button right before killing us."

As Gundham said his piece and walked off, Jose could only stare at the young man in completely stunned silence. Is this what the new generation was like? "I've been on the sea far too long..."

@Atomic Knight @Chaos Sphere @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Takumi

Wanda Maximoff

" Well to start off, my name is Wanda, not woman, and I have no qualms with punching you if you keep calling me woman. Thanks for the lecture on murder as if I don't already know. You know nothing about me, so spare it. I've lived with far worse memories than pushing a button that may kill people. I've watched my husband die twice, once by my own hand to try to save the world and once undone and killed in front of me. So, leave me tto see if this button fucking connects with anything."

@Chaos Sphere @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Everyone

"So what?" Arya asked, looking to Wanda. The girl seemed tense, ready to act again if the woman tried for the button. Arya regarded Gundham with her gaze as well, interested in the question he posed. "We press the button and possibly perish? Not press it and possibly face the same fate? Aye, in that case, I say we choose the option we were told spares lives."

As for the button itself, nothing particularly seemed odd about it in any real capacity.

The panel came off rather easily for the Mandalorian, revealing a series of wires underneath. Pope came up behind him to examine the wiring. "We should follow the wires," she said, sounding sure of this being a good idea. She reached to pull off a second panel, finding it came loose rather easily. "Hurry, we should see if it goes to the button!"

@Chaos Sphere @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Takumi

There was a sigh on the other end as if Alice was already frustrated with this scenario.

"I see the number two," Alice said. Then the sound of shuffling. "Strange. There is a pencil in the two locker, but I can not remove it."

Another long pause. There was a slight cracking sound, as if the walls of the room were moving slightly still.

"And this one has a four! There is a... pillow in it. A small one."

There appeared to be no item in the alarm clock locker. In total, eight lockers seemed to be lit up.

@Capri

"I am working as fast as I can," The mercenary snapped as he continued pulling out panels to see where the wires finally ended.

Jose would join Pope and the Mandolorian in pulling the panels apart, wanting to make up for time wasted arguing with others. This is what he should have been doing all along, really, especially since they were running out of time. With any luck they could figure something out before time was up...or before all the infighting led to someone actually dying.

@Atomic Knight @Chaos Sphere @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Takumi

Pope let out a heavy sigh as she pulled off the last panel, showing that the wire they followed led right to the button. In full, the wire wrapped around the room and connected to a black box opposite the button on the facing wall. Two extra wires connected to the box, one going into the ground and one going into the ceiling.

Pope took in the wires for a moment. "I'm not sure if this helps us..."

The wires were visible and seemingly able to be cut or damaged. After a moment, the wire coming down from the ceiling started to glow.

"What does that mean?" Arya asked.

"Perhaps they... pressed the button," Pope said, her eyes going wide. "We might be too late!"

"Not if we don't act, we aren't!" Jose started feeling around for a blade, stepping directly in front of the button as he did so. He had a feeling that some in their group might feel justified in pressing the button out of retaliation, and even then they still didn't know for sure whether or not that was the actual truth. Either way, the First Officer wasn't about to let the more rash of their group stain everyone's hands with blood. "We need to disconnect all of those wires, now!"

LUCA BALSA
@Atomic Knight
There was a sigh on the other end as if Alice was already frustrated with this scenario.

"I see the number two," Alice said. Then the sound of shuffling. "Strange. There is a pencil in the two locker, but I can not remove it."

Another long pause. There was a slight cracking sound, as if the walls of the room were moving slightly still.

"And this one has a four! There is a... pillow in it. A small one."

There appeared to be no item in the alarm clock locker. In total, eight lockers seemed to be lit up.

“Alright,” Luca said.

He proceeded to open up every lit up locker as fast as he could and inspected what was inside.

“Alright, now can you open every locker lit up on your end?” he said, “Quickly, might I add,”

The wire shocked the Mandalorian but stopped once it was torn apart. Arya moved quickly, using a sword that seemingly appeared out of thin air to cut the two other wires.

All that followed was silence.

"... I believe the five minutes would be up by now," Pope said quietly.

Nothing announced the sudden shaking of the room, followed by a hole in the floor opening in the center. The hole expanded, threatening to envelop the entire room. Pope cried out as she tripped forward and plunged into the hole.

"Fine," said Alice. "But only because I too believe it is necessary to do as you say!"

Of the eight lockers, three more contained items. These were a leather wallet, a wooden apple, and a plastic model of a brain. Three lockers also contained the engraved letters A, B, and D.

"One locker has the number one with a... wooden animal glued to the bottom. A cow. Another with the number three has a book with a blank cover." Alice let out a grunt. "The book does not open! What sense is there in any of this?!"

@Capri

LUCA BALSA
@Atomic Knight

“I found three engravements, A, B, and D, and three objects. A leather wallet, a wooden apple, and a plastic model of a brain”

A lightbulb went off in his head.

“Wait a second I think…”

Luca would then try to pull out the objects he found and inspect them, including the alarm clock, to see if there’s any engravements of letters.

There were no engravings on the items. There was also no special features about any of the items.

"Well, the items in these lockers match with your numbers in some way, yes?" Alice said, though he sounded unsure. "I don't see why else we would be left with such nonsense."

@Capri

LUCA BALSA
@Atomic Knight

When Alice said what he said, a lightbulb went off in Luca’s head.

Apple, Brain, Clock, wallet?

No… no…

Dollar. That’s what you put in a wallet. That’s what Americans call their currency. Even though with Serbian currency it…

…still works. The Serbian Dinar.

He put the apple in the A locker, the brain in the B locker, the clock in the C locker, and the wallet in the D locker. He hopes this works.​

"Gh-!!" Jose grunted as he nearly crashed into the wall, quickly using his hands to steady himself before he did. His heart pounding, he looked around wildly, the shaking and noise transporting him back to a stormy sea, facing off against things no man should even know exist. But even so, a crewmate was in danger, very nearly falling overboard. "No!!" No matter the fear, First Officer Baden was not going to lose anyone. He charged towards the hole, reaching for Pope, unable to care about his own safety at the moment. Not now.

"I see... So be it, for I have nothing more to say," Gundham reacted to Wanda's response. The lose of one regarded closely and highly is indeed a powerful and lasting blow to the mind, as he had recalled.

When Jose ran towards the button, he stepped and and began to notice that a discovery has been made, one that appeared to be a third option. As they ripped the wires apart, he began to walk away from the button as a minor precaution and began to spectate... until the room shook without warning.
He decided to follow Jose and prepared to assist him in helping the person-in-danger, not after regaining his balance from the sudden tremor and tucking his hamsters back into his scarf.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Lucky

Jose grabbed Pope in time, but the hole continued to expand and threaten to pull them both in. Using skeletal wings that extended from her back, Arya managed to grab the pair and bring them to the edge of the room without risk of falling herself.

"In a moment, we'll have no room to stand!" Pope exclaimed.

"Hold on to me--" Arya began to say. She stopped and clutched at her head as if in sudden pain. "I-I feel so odd," she said, wobbling on her feet.

When all the objects were placed, the locker lights flashed red and tossed out the items. In addition, the walls of the room closed in rapidly, cutting off about half the space Luca had.

"What have you done?!" Alice exclaimed. "I'm going to be crushed to death! Is my fate to be left in your hands?!"

There was shuffling on Alice's end. "And I still can not remove my items! Are they supposed to match yours in some way?"

@Capri

LUCA BALSA
@Atomic Knight

“SHIT!”

Luca quickly got the items and re-evaluated himself.

He then heard what Alice said… and his mind started turning.

“I think you’re onto something!”

Luca had a wooden apple, a plastic brain, an alarm clock, and a leather wallet.

Alice had a wooden cow in the #1 locker, a pencil in the #2 locker, a book in the #3 locker, and a small pillow in the number 4 locker.

Wait…

“You’re right! All my items relate to your items!”

The cow and the apple are both wooden, the pencil is used by the brain, the wallet opens like a book, the alarm clock wakes up the sleeping person…

Your life is in the hands of someone else was a clue! How could he be so blind!

He placed the apple in locker A, the brain in locker B, the wallet in locker C and the clock in locker D.

“I hope this works… I’m sorry if it doesn’t,”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back