Twisted love

Jack laid back on the couch and cried into his arm, soaking his sleeve with even more blood.
She came back in and he panicked, scrambling to sit up.
"I'm so sorry! I'll do anything. Just don't do it again!" He shouted, then saw the needle and thread.
He sighed in relief but soon he was blubbering again.
The small needle felt like a fire was being lit up and down his body as she stitched him back up.

Eventually, she had sewn his wounds back up and he stopped crying, finally.
He looked up at her for any sign of sympathy and whimpered, his top lip quivering in sadness. "I mean it..." He whispered. "Don't hurt me again and I'll do anything for you." He told her, trying to reach for a hug.

"Just never break my rules, and there won't be any problems," Alicia whispered to him as she accepted the hug, burying her face into his shoulder. She felt a slight bit bad, to be honest, but that remorse was quickly washed away by the elation that came from being able to hug him. At least he finally understood. Just like the day before, she wished time would freeze her and him at this moment and all her worries of him finding another woman to love while she was gone would wash away, leaving only happiness, but, just as always, she had... No life to get back to. Her life was nothing without Jack. Despite her behavior which wasn't even that bad, at least she thought so, she loved him dearly, and she would do anything for him. She wished that they could hug normally, without her having to cut into him to teach him a lesson, but as long as her misunderstandings continued, it would never be that way. However, she didn't know that.

Now reminiscing about the past, she tightened her grip as tears fell down her face, and she began to audibly cry. Why couldn't he just love her like before? Why couldn't he care about her like before? Then she wouldn't have to do any of this. The sorrow now washed over her in heaps, which she hated, especially because she was in the arms of the love of her life. Why did she have to be sad right now? When her soulmate was hugging her?

He nodded into her shoulder and squeezed her tighter, he was scared, but he needed love and affection more anything right now.
His tears wet her shoulder and he sighed sadly.
"I won't break them, I promise." He muttered, suddenly feeling her own tears wetting his shoulder.
"What's wrong? Why are you crying? I didn't do anything right?" He asked, letting go of her suddenly to look at her face.

"You didn't do anything wrong," Alicia answered simply as she pulled Jack back into a hug. She was filled with regret and seeing his cut face would just increase the remorse. She tried to wipe the tears away, but they kept flowing, so she gave up and dug her face into his shoulder, not wanting him to see her crying. He didn't need to.

Jack held her close and frowned. "I don't think you're telling me the entire truth." He whispered, keeping her close to him. He reached up to his cheek and touched it gently, moving his index finger around the closed wound.
"You really have to stop hurting me, I don't think that you realise that I don't want to date you when you do things like this" He told her.

He then let go of her for a second and reached over to the coffee table, grabbing the box of tissues and sticking it right under her nose. He sighed and tickled her nose jokingly with the tissue that was sticking out.
"Here, take one. Dry your eyes." He offered, holding them out to her.

"No, they'll just keep coming anyway." Alicia denied the offer. If he didn't like her because of how she was acting, then why would he act so nice to her? Maybe she was right with her first assumption. Maybe he still loved her, just didn't want to say so. Just maybe...

He shrugged and rolled his eyes. "Fine, that's okay by me. Just let me know what's wrong at least?" He asked, sitting down beside her and rubbing her back caringly.
"I don't want you to cry, it makes me uncomfortable but most of all, crying is the worst..." He laughed, but held his cheek. "Ouch... Maybe no more laughing..." He noted.

"You don't need to know." Alicia took his hand away from her back and said, nearly growled. He was sweet to try and care about her, but he was the one who needed someone to care about him. She couldn't believe the guilt that she was now practically drowning in. Why did she have to feel this way now!? She once again tried to wipe the tears away, but just like she said, they kept flowing.

He frowned in confusion and scratched his head. "Alicia, you really do have to admit that it would make both of our lives easier if you just talked to me..." He explained, reaching out his hand to touch hers, a simple gesture of kindness and care.
"I wanna make it better." He told her.

Back