Status
Not open for further replies.

Macy Moretti

Princess of Heart, Dumb of Ass
Prologue
Brand New Days

latest

Home.

It may have taken awhile, but Aigis was finally home. The chaos that drew people from across the multiverse had ended for now. If Aigis tried, she might have been able to push the memories aside and convince herself it was nothing but a dream. The nearest clock showed both its hands pointing towards the sky, and the windows showed a pitch black night outside. Any reasonable person would be fast asleep. Perhaps it was all just a dream...

Except a souvenir from her time spent across the lines between worlds had followed her home. This wasn't just a cheap snow globe or bobble-head that one could throw away and forget, either. With orange hair, green eyes, and a red and white coat, he was hard to ignore. He had followed her through the portal that led to her home, willfully ignoring the fact that a portal waited to carry him back to where he belonged. He reached a hand out to grab her attention, yet apprehensively pulled it away, giving her another moment in peace to enjoy being back in a familiar place.

"Aigis..." Mason spoke softly, "I don't mean to startle you. I really shouldn't have come, I know. I'm gonna have so much paperwork when I get home, and I definitely made doing that much harder, but I had to come. I know we only just met, and it's foolish to call us friends, but... I... I need fa- AUGH!"

Mason cried out as a small ball of white fluff zoomed down the dormitory's stairs and began circling his feet. The surprise put Mason off balance, and he leaned against one of the first floor's chairs to avoid tumbling completely to the ground. In response to his yelp, the ball of fluff began barking. To Aigis's ears, or whatever allowed her to hear, the barks of an animal were almost as clear as human speech. If the furball could speak, he would have said,

latest

(Aigis! You were gone for so long! You brought back a friend! Is he a good person? Or a bad person?)

The noise was sure to wake anyone else who was asleep in the dorm. Even if they weren't in bed, their attention surely would have been grabbed. The sound of feet pounding against the floorboards could be heard from the first floor. Soon after came the creaking of stair steps as the young Ken Amada followed the ball of fluff.

View attachment 3374
"Koromaru, what has you so worked up? Oh! Aigis! You're back! Mitsuru and some of the others went out looking for you. We've been worried sick. Where have you been?"

"And who is that?"
Ken added, noticing Mason struggling back to his feet.

It seemed that the world was eager to have Aigis back. How would she respond?

@Minerva

"Tick, tick, tick

The clock on the wall ticked on even after hitting midnight. Aigis opened her eyes to find herself in the familiar common room of the Iwatodai dorm. She was home. She was finally home. However, her joy, and melancholy, at being back was soon interrupted.

9KxgzaG.png

"Mason... You shouldn't be here. This world... It's not your place. It's..." She said with a hint of sadness. "I don't want you to face the same fate that Minato did." SHe looked out the door and up the stairs. The place was eerily quiet. She finally sighed. "What do you want me to do?"

Then, she was interrupted by the barking of a familiar dog bounding from upstairs. She smiled at Koromaru and pet him. She then looked at Ken and then distantly. "I was... out. Koromaru, Ken, this is Mason. I met him while I was out." She said to them calmly. "I will wait for them to return them before leaving again." She attempted a joke there, but due to her robotic nature, she probably fell flat.​

Last edited:
Silence filled the air as Aigis's joke fell flat as a board. Koromaru wagged his tail, pleased to receive petting, but the two boys were stunned into silence for a moment. Mason had frozen since hearing her mention Minato, and Ken searched for a response to her odd sense of humor.

View attachment 3444
"Where exactly did you go when you were out? Why are you out of your uniform?" Ken finally answered, probing for information.

Mason quickly jumped in to cover the truth, "On a walk. At least, that's what she meant to do. It's my fault, really. I'm a foreigner. She wanted to help me look around town. I got us lost, we got caught in a fight, and in the end we came back here. We didn't get to see any of the sights here, unfortunately, but we're at least back here safely."

In response to his words, Mason's necklace began to glow with an ethereal blue aura. He covered it with his hand, but the gesture did little to hide its light. A voice echoed in his mind with a nagging tone, "Lies already, Mason? If these people are going to help me, then we at least we should be honest with them."

Silently, Mason's thoughts replied to the voice, "I can't exactly tell them about the Multiverse, Macy. World order and stuff like that. Talking about the Multiverse in worlds that don't already know about it is very, very unstable."

"Mason-san, is your necklace glowing?" Ken asked, his eyebrows raised as high as they could go.

"N... Yeah. Yeah, it is glowing. And that's what I need your help with Aigis."

"The truth?"

"Inside this necklace is something about as wild as your own powers. There's a human soul inside. I think whatever makes you you and gives you a heart could hold what's left of her heart, if there's a way to make, well, more of you."

"Wait, so you're trying to bring somebody back from the dead?"

"Well, Ken, it's a bit more complicated than that, but that's one way to put it."

View attachment 3447
"I don't think you should follow through with your idea. If she's gone, then you need to move on. Trying to bring people back can only cause problems."

"Well, Aigis, what do you think? Is it worth giving life back to someone whose chance was stolen? Even if it causes problem, can we give this soul a chance?"

Last edited:
Aigis would remain silent for a moment. "I think we should try, right? It's what he would want. To help." Aigis said in response. She had a smile on her face. "I've done it once before, long ago..." She said, trailing off.

WMh4fCg.png

She looked towards Ken. "We would have to discuss it with Mitsuru, however."​

View attachment 3600

"Definitely, we should ask Mitsuru. She'll know what the best course of action is. I'll let her know you're back here." Ken pulled out a cell phone and called Mitsuru. Despite his objections, Aigis's words seemed to give him comfort.

With Ken distraction, Mason pulled Aigis a couple feet away and whispered to her. "I'm sure you and I both understand mentioning other worlds could cause trouble. More trouble than I'm gonna get in just for being here. I'm lucky that supernatural stuff already exists, but we need some kind of story as to who I am. Is America a country in this universe? Or at least Britain? We might be able to convince them I'm just a foreigner. Some kind of story would be nice."

"Lies, lies lies..." the voice echoed again. Ken noticed the necklace glowing again, but focused on his conversation.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back