Etoliea Uneam - New Beginnings

Vogor simply listened to all the drama unfolding before him. He kept waiting for an opportune time to speak and thought now would be it. "Reloros, calm your ass down. You're acting like a child who got his toy taken away. You have no idea how stupid you sound right now. You sound like you're speaking with your balls, not your brain," Vogor switches his gaze to the Guardaian. "As for you, Guardaian. Mind if enlightening me on this dark plague? And if I can, tell me how I can help. I'd rather not have this world be gone,"

Naieamar turned her gaze to the dragon and smiled. "Gladly, though first..." A shimmering feild appeared, "We won't want anyone to hear. The darkness, from our resources, spreads through the ground, and the touch of infected creatures. These creatures are turned evil, in a sense, and want only to spread the plague. The other fallen 'islands' are not connected to ours, except one, the portal to it is hidden, only the Guardaian of the realm it lies in knows its location." She looked at the dragon "As for helping, find powerful allies of good character, and make sure that they know the risks." She looked over to Malini, who was confused as she couldn't hear them, "Some should not be made aware, they are powerful, but innocent and should be kept as a last resort."

Vogor's injection made Reloros come to his senses. He let out a sigh. "Right..." he nodded in Vogor's direction, a silent thanks. He then returned his attention to Naieamar. "So, once we have allies, what would we do? If we can't touch the darkness, how do we stop it?"

"allies? I know some excellent warriors back in my village in Ferra with good character. But I'd rather not involve any of my own people who are already busy enough. I don't have many acquaintances outside of my Village. You sure the three of us aren't enough? You seem powerful. I'm powerful myself, and I've got the brains as well. Then we have the Guardaian of whatever place the portal is at. Do we really need more? And yes, Reloros asks a good question. How do stop it if we can't do anything to it,"

Naieamar sighed "That is the problem. We don't know how. For now, we must simply prepare for an attack, in hopes we may be able to fend it off." She turned to them "As for my power, it does not reach beyond the beaches of Uneam. And if any of you fathom any other way to battle the darkness, that does not require a suicide mission, please tell me." she looked at the lake and the peaceful creatures, her face reflecting sadness. "I do not wish to lose this... to lose Etoliea to the darkness. But our options are few."

Reloros looked between the guardian and Vogor, thinking. Finally, he turned to Naieamar. "Guardian... I have a favor to ask. Open your mind to me." Reloros locked eyes with the guardian, preparing to form a link.

Naieamar raised her eyebrows at this. She knew of the ability, but did not ever think she would experience it. She pondered it a bit, then decided. "Alright. But I wonder what you seek to gain by this." Closing her eyes, she opened her mind to Reloros, and waited.

Reloros smiled at Naieamar, despite her not being able to see it. However it quickly faded into a look of concentration as he formed the tether between himself and the guardian. Having a mental link is a strange sensation, not unlike having a string tied to your head and someone else's. Not uncomfortable, but weird. Reloros was used to the feeling. He took a deep breath as he finished the procedure.

"Thank you, Naieamar. Now, as for why I formed a link with you... I feel it would be beneficial to keep you informed about our progress. That, and a theory." Reloros paused, pondering whether or not this "theory" of his was truly a good idea.

Naieamar raised an eyebrow. "What theory?" She asked, her interest piqued. She had heard of links between minds created by some creatures and through magic but had never personally experienced one.
(Sorry I've been gone a long time!)

"...In essence, suicide," Reloros admitted, slightly troubled by his own thought process. "I can assure you, if I die nothing will happen to you," he added quickly. "I had considered entering the portal, both to test if the link holds and to see what exactly the darkness has done... and maybe find a way to fight it," Reloros explained.

Back