uninspired and tired plots

as a matter of manners, allow me to introduce myself before we get into the plots
i am the uninspired and tired writer, Demi. i'm 23, male, and am in the EST timezone. my posts are third person, past tense (with proper punctuation and grammar unlike this) and range from 150 to 500 words.

i write a wide range of genres and story lines. most typically, i do either play slice of life or action adventure, always with a romantic subplot. i am a sucker for two people meeting and falling in love along the way of an overarching story. i do fall into the trope of two protagonists against whatever obstacle rather than the hero and villain, but in the same breath, i'm always open if someone wants to add a twist.

as i've stated, i always fall for a romantic subplot, so allow me to clarify this now I only write MXM...which is untrue and generalizing, but i prefer to stick by that for the most part. i will play almost anything with lgbtq+ themes. from trans characters to asexual mxf pairings, i am rather open, but cishet romantic relationships hold no interest for me.

i'm going to conclude my intro here with the decision to edit as needed. i just wanna post plots right now. ha.

PLEASE PM ME. DO NOT COMMENT HERE. THANK.

zombies
i have dozens of different zombie stories. please keep that in mind while reading these. if none of these tickle your fancy, just message me zombies and a trope or tag to go along with it and i'll bore you with half a dozen notions

1. Zombies, Outbreak, Survival
The Start: Zombies are a part of pop culture nonsense, a phenomenon that is meant to burn bright and occupy the minds of many before vanishing into trivial history, nothing more than a monster of teenage fascination. So when it is announced that there is a zombie virus sweeping the nation, there is a large number of understandably skeptical individuals. Including in that is both of our characters. Both in their 20's, the two are at a bar with their friends (either separate or with a preexisting friendship) when the virus reaches their city. Buzzed and in disbelief, this group of ragtag strangers have to desperately scramble to survive.
The Story: Following the outbreak, this group of strangers with few to no skills are forced to survive. I want to start with a small group of eight or so characters (4 a piece) and progress through this zombie infested world, killing off at least half of our starting population and adding to it at random. Their goal will be to get supplies, get out of the city, and find somewhere safe. Our goal will be to make that nearly impossible.
Characters: This is fairly open to characters. I would like to discuss and develop a few interlinking stories between them to prelude this. Interpersonal relationships and conflict will play into this.
The Monsters: Shamblers. Drunks could not survive runners, so these will be the brain dead monsters of a virus that are unable to think and with limited coordination. Mutations can be discussed.

2. Zombies, Outbreak, Survival
The Start: Your character is a member of the US Military, and when his superior tells him that he has to go into a building on US soil and eliminate some targets, he may have some misgivings about killing American Civilians, but he goes. What he finds isn't civilians but monsters, blood thirsty, violent monsters that attack all of them. His unit is partway up the ten story building when they are finally broken by a wave of monsters and as his companions fall around him, your character attempts to make a tactical retreat that leaves him locked in a storage room with no chance of escape. As he prepared to face down the monsters and die, he hears someone whistle. When he follows the sound, there is a young man silently and frantically gesturing for him to come to him, out a small window that is almost too tiny for him to get out of. Your character follows, and that is the only reason he survives the first night of the zombie apocalypse
The Story: What is initially thought to be an act of domestic terrorism and looting is quickly revealed to be the zombie outbreak. Our characters are both a long way from home when it happens and they are united by the desire to get back home and try and save their families before it is too late. Our primary two will be kept alive as best as possible, but we can add more to kill off as we want.
Characters: As stated, your character will be military. Any unit you'd like. I'd prefer an alpha male type that is in his late twenties to early thirties, who has a close knit family that he used to send his military paychecks to.
My character is going to be in his early twenties with an older sister that is military. He saved your character to see if he was in her unit. It is up to you if your character knows her or not, but she isn't in his unit.
The Monsters: Runners. This is a mix of parasites and bacteria that produce fast moving violent monsters that get more violent the hungrier they are. These are more like violent people and have the capacity to bleed out, but they will not stop until they are physically dead. Headshots are still the safest.

3. Zombies, Outbreak, Survival
The Start: Our characters are childhood best friends who both reached their mid-twenties without managing to go to college or get a real job. They are just drifting through life, having fun working minimum wage jobs together and barely making rent on their run down house out in the sticks. Half their free time is spent intoxicated playing video games and the other half is spent going on adventures in the forest and around the small town where they have a reputation as idiots. When they see news articles online warning of an illness that makes people attack and eat each other, their initial reaction is excitement, and then when they see it happening in their small town, it is terror. Still, they have half a dozen ideas to survive the zombie apocalypse. Let's see how this works out for them.
The Story: From the days before the outbreak to the grand event itself, we will follow these two delightful idiots until one or both of them are dead. Despite being a bit foolish and more prone to making jokes than taking things seriously, I would rather like for them to survive for a surprisingly long while or even not die at all but make it past the outbreak to the world ended phase.
Characters: As stated, our characters are goofballs and childhood best friends. Intelligence is optional, as I think that individuals that are intelligent don't always go far in life, and I like the idea that they are smarter than the average bear but just don't apply themselves. We can add additional characters, and I also really like the idea that these two have dogs or cats or whatever that they opt to take with them and they turn out to be surprisingly helpful.
The Monsters: Shamblers that are brain dead and can't be killed unless the brain is destroyed. Not keen on mutations for this.

4. Zombies, Worlds End, Survival
The Start: Five years ago, the first page news read 'ZOMBIES ARE REAL.' There was no second page. In a matter of seventy-two hours, the entire world was wiped out, and all that is left a couple thousand people desperately trying to survive. There are some cities established, but most are run more like gangs, survival of the fittest, and anyone that doesn't care for violence avoids them. Those that exist outside of the cities are called roamers and are considered dangerous and unstable by those inside of the city. Your character has spent the last two years in one of these cities when he is sent out on a supply run. Things go terribly wrong and suddenly, he finds himself in the red zone with no idea how to get home. So, he begins wandering in hopes of finding somewhere safe. Before long, he is starving and frantic, and then he is suddenly gifted with food in the night. He can see no one and find no one around him, but he is still grateful. These gifts continue until YC starts to get his feed underneath him. Then, one day, he hears a hoard. Rarely do hoards get agitated unless there is food present, so your character investigates. It is then that he discovers someone cornered by the walkers, looking surprisingly resigned. Your character has just made up his mind to move along when the young man looks at him, and in that instant, he suddenly has no doubt this is the person that has been keeping him alive.
The Story: MC is a bit insane, having spent the last three years on his own after the outbreak. After your character saves him, he winds up traveling with him. He doesn't speak much, but he still proves to be a useful ally in the wasteland. This will focus on the two of them surviving together and eventually finding a city that your character wants to join. I have a fairly long outline for this, so I'll leave it this.
Characters: I'd really prefer you to play a taller, more confident young man who is in his early twenties. His skills are up to you, but I don't want him to be totally useless, just not used to surviving off the land. My character is going to be a bit more on the lithe and angular end of the spectrum, feral and long haired with ragged clothes and a poor attitude. He'll develop a fair bit over the course of the story.
The Monsters: Shamblers, again, that have a few classifications. Wanderers, Lurkers, and Sprinters. Definitely open to some mutations.
Optional Perk: I wouldn't hate a saving the world plot with this one, but that is optional.

5. Zombies, Worlds End, World Building
The Start: The outbreak happened nearly fifteen years ago. Most people under the age of twenty-five view this as the way the world is with little to no morning. There are now cities built to withstand the monsters and sustain themselves. Our characters are in their late teens and spend as much time as they can sneaking out of the city in order to go explore the abandoned cities that they neighbor. The two are clever, quick, and lighthearted kids that take the world for what it is.
The Story: These two will be going into cities on various kinetic powered transportation (be it bikes, skate boards, etc) that are silent and fast to scoot the area and find resources that their towns have no way of producing as well as anything that hasn't yet been salvaged. It is technically their job in the communities, but they were doing it for fun even before it became their job. As they and their unit clear the city of everything they need, the two wind up deciding to roam further in search of greater bounty. There, they will run into a wider range of monsters, cities with alternative attitudes, and other such things. Pretty open to ideas.
Characters: Late teens, early twenties, at least on male primary and optional other characters. We can play this as two people or we can create their entire unit to play. This is more or less kids growing up in the world after and just their views of it.
The Monsters: Shamblers with a range of mutations

etc. I could definitely go on and I am on board for any zombie roleplay, so please just hit me up if zombies are your cup of tea.
PLEASE PM ME. DO NOT COMMENT HERE. THANK.

Back