UPDATED: Got plots, need partners

Quinley

Teller of Tremendous Tales
Welcome, welcome!
So, I'm searching for a writing partner (surprise, right?) who'll be online and able to reply on a daily basis. Well, actually, I'm searching for several writing partners - so don't be daunted by the post count; very rarely will I ever be too busy to roleplay. XD Anyways, have fun perusing all my many plots/ideas (and do make sure you look through the list of expectations, too), and I look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you soon. :)

• I'm looking to write a story with a clear beginning and end, so a fair bit of discussion to plan out the plot is a definite must.
  • As said, please be able to reply at least once a day, or a near equivalent (for example, if you'll not be around a couple days of the week, but can post more frequently others, that's absolutely fine). If for any reason you won't be around for a little, though, that's not a problem, but please do let me know ahead of time.
  • As I myself have a habit of writing fairly long posts, I'd like a partner who's able to to match that with a reply of at least a couple beefy paragraphs, if not more.
  • Use proper spelling and grammar, please. There's no harm in the occasional mistake, but several in every post gets a bit distracting (the exception being if you intentionally have your character use bad grammar, of course).
  • I'd prefer to write roleplays in third person only.
  • Character complexity and development is something I love to focus on in my writing, so a partner who's similarly interested in working on that would be ideal.
  • I'm not a fan of especially dark themes or excessive violence/gore, and my list of no-goes is basically anything that you couldn't find in a PG-13 rated film. So, do be aware that while I definitely don't want to write something that's all sunshine and rainbows, I'm not looking to create a particularly grim or gritty story, either.
  • Concerning romantic pairings and mature content, if two of our characters are or become a couple, lovely - a well-written romance can certainly add to a story - but I do not write smut, ever. Again, it's gotta stay below PG-13..
    • Speaking of romance, though, I definitely don't require it - or want it - to be part of every roleplay; deep, meaningful friendships can be just as interesting to write.
  • And, finally, just throwing this in as a quick reminder... this is a place for writing fiction, not reality, so please bear that in mind, and be able to separate the two. Meaning let's avoid the self-inserts, okay? :)

Story Ideas

• I absolutely adore post-apocalyptic settings. The chaos and drama of characters trying to deal with day-to-day life days, weeks, months, even years after whatever cataclysmic event brought about the end of the world as they knew it is just so wonderfully full of story possibilities.
  • I'm a wee bit obsessed with the Avengers at the moment, and I've got, like, twelve million ideas for stories set in the MCU, so feel free to ask about 'em.
  • Just superhumans in general, too, please.
  • Also space pirates. Space pirates are good. XD
  • And another fandom I'd love to write for: Once Upon a Time. Honestly, the extent to which I love this show and the universe it's set in has no bounds, and it'd be awesome to create a roleplay based on it.

Everyone said the second house from the corner on Pine Street was haunted, and everyone was right. Muse A wasn't really one for moving on, and the fire that damaged parts of the place, leaving it unoccupied for a while - the same fire that took their life - had happened far before they were ready to bite the dust. So for the past couple decades, they'd had tremendous fun using their ghostly abilities to terrify the teens that came into the place on dares and, later, once the house had been repaired, messing with the people that tried to buy it. The longest anyone had stayed was a few months before all the strange and unexplainable happenings left them desperate to move, and A, a fan of ghost stories before they'd actually become one, loved the amusement of creating their own.

Then, one day, Muse B showed up. Skeptical and wholeheartedly sure that ghosts didn't exist, they, like the other people who'd moved in, at first ignored A's presence completely, crafting "reasonable explanations" for any odd occurrences. But at the point where most people started freaking out, B still doesn't seem so much as slightly concerned about the strange occurences. So A, feeling a bit annoyed, decides to prove to B that ghosts are, in fact, real. So when they actually appear out of thin air in front of B, neither are particularly happy about it, A still grumpy about B's skepticism and B not really glad about suddenly learning they have a housemate. But B's too stubborn to move and A can't, so they're stuck with each other, and obviously, hilarity ensues.

Notes: I have a bunch of ideas in mind for Muse A, so would love to write them, but am entirely content with writing B as well.

Muse A and Muse B are two of the best detectives in the business, and they've each got quite a penchant for working alone. While they've never met, each of them has a unique reputation that precedes them, so they already have very strong opinions about each other, and not very positive ones at that. So, when the case of the century crops up and they're both asked to crack it, they start off collecting clues by themselves, only conferring with each other and the rest of the investigative team when necessary. But as they begin getting close to solving it, things start getting dangerous, and the two decide to team up out of desperation. Of course, with two loners who aren't very fond of each other trying to work together, much bickering, banter, drama follow.

Notes: Clearly, I've left this very open since I'd like to work with my partner to create the specific mystery that needs to be solved, as well as the particular setting, and of course the characters and how we want them to develop as the roleplay progresses.

The twenty-fourth century is a time of excitement and exploration as the challenge of achieving near-light speed is finally reached. Suddenly, space travel becomes an immensely more important topic and a new source of hope for a world that's dealing with the ever more pressing problem of dwindling resources. Teams of explorers are sent out into the stars to the nearest potentially-habitable exoplanets, but most are decades of travel away, meaning the small group of astronauts sent to the nearest planet, Proxima b, know that they're one of the few teams that might actually get to impact Earth's population's immediate future, and that means proving that this planet can sustain life by spending a year on its surface. With the hope of the world on their shoulders, this little group's determined to prove they can survive on Proxima b, but it won't be easy, not with danger looming around every corner, and attempts to avoid conflict within the group can only last so long...

Notes: I'm only looking for one partner for this, but would expect that we'd each write a couple characters, preferrably one "main" character each that's focused on the most, then one or two minor characters with somewhat of a lesser role in the story. Oh, and I do want to keep this reasonably realistic, so a few minutes' worth of research on the topic of Proxima b (a very real planet, for those who didn't know), would be necessary. As for the general theme/feel of this story, think Interstellar with a dash of Star Trek. :)

As is usual with being lost in the wilderness, Muse A and Muse B expected their trip to go very differently. The two were part of a small mountineering group trekking their way through part of the Alaska Range, but the freak avalanche that occured partway through their expedition turned mildly perilous conditions to potentially deadly ones, destroying the little group's camp and separating A and B from the others. Still more strangers than friends, the two suddenly find they'll have to trust each other in order find their missing teammates and make it back to civilization alive.

In the world Muse A and Muse B live in - essentially, an alternate-universe version of present-day Earth - magic is commonplace. Students take classes in spells and potions alongside the mundane algebra and English, the recently invented enchantments to power all things electronic are listed amongst solar and wind power as the future for clean energy, and practically everyone has an opinion about whether that latest divination charm to see who one's true love might be is more or less reliable than the newest dating app.

Of course, like many things, magic doesn't come without a price, and just because it's common doesn't necessarily mean it can solve every problem easily. If anything, it actually complicates the world, adding a whole new set of choices and challenges to people's everyday lives.

It also adds quite a few more opportunities for grand quests and great adventures, which is precisely what A and B, two fairly average young adults, get swept up into. Perhaps they acquire a powerful magical item, perhaps they're the subjects of a prophecy, perhaps something else entirely. Regardless, the two are in for quite the journey...

Notes: Half of the fun of this story will hopefully be the worldbuilding, and the other half the plotting of what a generic fantasy quest might look like in a twenty-first century world. This is intended to definitely be on the more lighthearted side, full of cheesy just-in-time escapes, outlandish plans to save the day, and an ending that certainly shouldn't be perfect, but doesn't leave our heroes wallowing in angst, either. :)

Last edited:
I'm interested in your haunted house idea and wouldn't mind writing Muse B. Denying ghosts despite clearly encountering one seems to be something down my alley.

All of your expectations work fine for me but one thing I should let you know:

I have never roleplayed through forum before and I'm not suspecting any large issues, but I do believe I might make some mistakes unknowingly. Otherwise, all should be well.

Brilliant, and don't worry about making mistakes; everyone's a newbie at some point! XD

Anyways, I'll PM you in just a sec.

I have some questions about your survival RP. How much previous knowledge of survival do you expect, given that they are mountaineers? How about Alaska? I've only been there once. Otherwise it may be interesting. And I have a LOT of free time.

Not much, just as long as you're willing to do a bit of Google searching every now and then if you're not sure about something to keep the story free of plotholes. I myself have never actually been to Alaska, and while I've done a little backpacking, my knowledge of survival in the wilderness is pretty basic and mostly theoretical, so, no, you definitely don't have to be an expert on the topic.

I would love to try your sci fi role play idea. Typically I'm a bit more focused on realistic settings or at least as realistic as possible considering it is fiction.

I may be amenable to trying to write that with you. USUALLY, I keep to fantasy, but lately I've been playing a lot of survival video games, and figured, why not try a survival RP.

I would love to try your sci fi role play idea. Typically I'm a bit more focused on realistic settings or at least as realistic as possible considering it is fiction.

Awesome! If you have any suggestions to make it a little more on the realistic side, I'd love to hear them. I'm working on a couple replies now, but I'll PM you in a bit, and we can discuss.

I may be amenable to trying to write that with you. USUALLY, I keep to fantasy, but lately I've been playing a lot of survival video games, and figured, why not try a survival RP.
Alrighty, then, I shall PM you in a little. :)

Hey! I'd love to do the detective one with you if you're still looking for someone/interested? I'm pretty open to anything if you've had any other ideas also haha

Hey, I'm interested in the first and fourth plots if you're still looking for partners. I'm good with all the expectations.

I haven't actually ever used a forum to RP before but I've done plenty of writing, both RP and individually.

I'm definitely interested in the Modern Fantasy idea! Love me a good adventure, haha. :emoji_smile:

This is an extraordinarily late reply, but if it's not being done already, #5 seems very interesting. Also, some of the Avengers ideas would be pretty cool, although I don't have a huge amount of knowledge on them.

Last edited:
Still looking?

I'm really open for anything you're really feeling at the moment (except for fandoms, really). I have a post-apocalyptic world--self-created--that we could work in but since it's mine, you may be interested in making something between you and your partner. As far as your expectations go: I am in my second/third year of law school, I work full time and am in school in the evenings. HOWEVER, I do spend basically my entire work day online and can post fairly consistently Mon-Fri. Weekends are pretty much a no go except for very rarely as those days are for studying and getting to see my wife. I feel I can meet the rest of your expectations but if the above seems it might be an issue, I completely understand.

At any rate, any of your above listed ideas sound fun, just tell me what you're most interested in doing at the moment.

Back