Side Story V: The Great Crusade

H Y R U L E
"If we knew why the Gods do what they do, well... We would be Gods ourselves," Zelda smiles. She settles into her chair and raises her eyes to meet Nynaeve. One easily forget that the two women had been trying to kill each other just moments before. Perhaps the peace they were sharing was momentary. Perhaps it was just an illusion. But the Queen found it... refreshing, even if it was destined not to last. "In this moment, neither you nor I can truly say that she's knows the direction our world is travelling in. More importantly, neither you nor I can claim that we know how or why this.... this mad journey began. It troubles me, it truly does. The darkness we have been left in is unnerving, to say the least. What you're suggesting - an Ally and a Rebel fighting for the same, noble cause - I must say.... it intrigues me. The Truth must be found. We could very well be the pair that finds it..."
The Queen falls silent for a heartbeat.
"I cannot say that I completely trust you, Nynaeve. You have too much to gain from me loosening my tongue today. Still. Perhaps tomorrow, when the skies are clearer and the day is brighter, we might come to some form of... agreement. What would you have me do? Do you wish for us to become public allies? Or covert comrades?"

The Pirate Problem
"Well, that's note entirely true," Credo hums at the mention of Shinjuku's decision to abstain. "If we're wise, we could easily launch a land attack on the Pirate 'Kingdom'. Fortuna's borders are open to all who mean well. You could march your troops across our Great Nation and cross over into the Kingdom of Souls. From there, we could launch a land attack on the Eastern Shore of the Pirate Kingdom and catch the fools by surprise. Of course... such a plan depends on Queen Cia's willingness to cooperate..."
View attachment 8370
"My 'willingness to cooperate' depends on yours, Supreme General..." The Queen of Souls bitterly mumbles from behind her mask. "Would you be willing to return the Sacred Southern Point to my people?"
"'Your people'? Your horde of goblins and savages? I think not!" Credo matches Cia's bitterness with some of his own. "Besides. How could we possibly 'return' something that never belonged to you to begin with!"
"
Here we go again..." Shiro groans. He leans over towards the King of Shinjuku.
View attachment 8368
"Credo, Cia, Thales and the Prophet of Truth have been fighting over the ass-end of Fortuna for years now." Fortuna's King whispers. "I don't think anyone knows why anymore. Something-something-religion-something-something. What maters is that they've each laid a claim to the 'tail' part of the 'White Dragon of Sparda' that sits slap-bang in the middle of the map. As great as helpful as a Land-Invasion would be, if it involves Cia and Credo working together... yeah, I can't see it happening. Looks like I'll be abstaining too."

Expedition
"If my father were here, Archer, he would surely object to this campaign." Sarrabi squints. "This 'Dangerous Dream' of yours could cost your kingdom greatly. The Northern Uninhabitable... it was given its name for a reason. The exiles left to wander its wastes long ago never returned,"
View attachment 8369
"Perhaps so," Achilles mumbles. "But I doubt that these 'exiles' were sent out into the deserts with the correct supplies. We won't be sending criminals and outcasts into the unknown. We will be sending soldiers. We will be sending machines and magicians. I wouldn't be humoring His Majesty the Archer's plan unless I had the complete faith in the strength of this traveling party." Achilles turned to face Shinjuku's king. "I cannot think of a wiser choice for this exhibition that Mr.Adewale. I am sure that he'll jump at the chance to rehabilitate the Brotherhood's- and, of course, his own- image. As a sign of faith and goodwill, I will be pledging twice the proposed number of troops to the expedition. I will happily sail anyone who requires transportation to the shores of Shinjuku to prepare for our quest."

"Shinjuku, Massachusetts, Vesuvia, Caemlyn..." Sarrabi sighed. "Do any other Kingdoms which to commit a general and some troops to this expedition?"

Hoshido
"It's not about fear, Your Highness," Shiro shrugs as soon as Nynaeve has finished. "It's about smarts. Your country went to war with mine. We've made arrangements to keep ourselves safe. It's as simple as that. If you believe that our 'neighborly bond' is so valuable, you can forgive us for holding our cards a little closer to our chests now. Once this whole Mordor thing has blown over, you can have all the saké you like. Until then? You'll have to buy it from our travelling merchants, just like everybody else."
His eyes flicker over to Mat for a moment.
"I'm sure my cousin will send a discount your way, if you ask her nicely. We'll send a few crates your way as a good will gesture. As for the Northern Point... that's a different story. A bunch of Hoshidan Mages dug up some old maps a while back. Apparently your borders have been growing for the past few years. It's just a clerical issue..." He thins his eyes and raises and eye brow. "Right? I mean, you'd never intentionally fix the numbers to steal a few milometers of Hoshidan land, now would you? All my people are doing is reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. The only joint venture I'll accept is one that sounds like this: you surrender your claim to 'your half'' of the Great Point, and, in return, we'll allow your civilians to visit 'our half'. You get a nice view, my people get their Birthright. Sound fair?"

Colorado
"Taking advantage?" Armstrong replied to Dot's accusations with a gasp of mock-surprise. He washes his gasp down with a deep chuckle. "That sounds like Pansy-Talk to me, Dot. What were you expecting? Hand-Outs? Hate to break it to ya. America doesn't do handouts. Those merchants knew exactly what they were getting themselves into when they signed those contracts. Those who say they didn't? They're either lying to earn some Good-Boy Points, or they're too thick-headed to have read the fine print. Which one is it, Dot? Are they Grade-A Morons, or lying suck-ups?"
View attachment 8367
"Now, listen close. I want to make this very clear:" He chucles again. "The Kingdom of Colorado never has and never will commit a crime against another nation. Everything my pencil-pushers have done? Perfectly legal. You don't want us to take your land? Pay back your damn loans. It's not rocket science."
He fell silent as soon as Dot brought up a potential boycott.
"My mercenaries wouldn't exist if you Jessies didn't need them. Ban or no ban, you'll come knocking on Colorado's door the second the going gets tough."

Aegis Union
Augustine falls silent as the Kingdoms discuss the Union. He lets them speak. He takes the time to listen. As soon as Nadia says her peace, he speaks up. He can bite his tongue no longer.
"If you ever have to take measures to 'Guarantee Cooperation'..." The Ruler of Gindra repeats to himself. "Then you must accept this simple fact."
View attachment 8371
"You are an autocrat." Augustine sends a glare in Nadia's direction. "What fair negotiations can occur when one party points a gun at another? If the Aegis Union is a hammer to hold above the heads of all who oppose its members, then I have no choice but to denounce it and all who chose to support it. I wish to second Mainframe's earlier statement: the formation of a standing army is a threat. Lelouch, you assure us that your Union will be but temporary. You assure us that offensive action shall be your last resort. I hope that are as honest as you appear. My heart goes out to the revolutionaries. I would hate to see their fight for freedom come to such an oppressive end."

Plasma Blockade
"Foolish murder-killers..." Achilles mutters to himself, his fingers drifting to his chin. "Now... who do I know who can fit that bill? Tell me.Which Kingdom sent its forces after the fleeing armies of the Alliance? Was it the Brotherhood? Or was it the Skaven? You can't blame this on your generals, Rat. Witnesses report that your soldier acted without Queek's guidance. It was almost as if they were trained to hunt non-combatants... it's almost as if they were trained to mangle and defile the bodies of the fallen. If there is a Kingdom here in need of violent intervention, the Kingdom of Skavenblight comes to mind."
Achilles falls silent for a moment.
"The Skaven have shown a complete disregard for this council and all it stands for. They have offered us nothing, and they have taken far too much from us already. I am troubled by the suggestion that the Blockade should be extended. I agree with my fellow Kings. My people should not suffer for my sins. I would, however, like the council to take note of the following: the Kingdom of Skavenblight has just issued a poorly-veiled Threat of War towards the Kingdom of the Brotherhood. All this talk of a Protective Union... I pray that it is not just that: talk. If this council wishes avoid accusations of hypocrisy, then the newly-formed Aegis Union should pledge troop to my aid, should I be forced to defend myself."

Present: @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @York
Aegis Union Members: Fire Nation, Brotherhood, Britannia, Vesuvia,​

Before

"I would be willing to have a public alliance, but I fear that might reflect poorly on you," Nynaeve remarked. "I've found that those that strive to shine spotless in the light have very poor thoughts for those that speak openly with those considered aberrations." She was quiet for a moment before continuing. "The situation will no doubt warrant a meeting sooner rather than later. If it's alright with you consider yourself a guest of Caemlyn for a few days. We'll send word to your kingdom and once the meeting is done I'll have you reunited with your people. I believe much duplicity will be revealed on both sides before it's all over, and new things that need to be considered."

Now

"I don't consider rampant hostility to ever be smart," Nynaeve remarked in a matter of fact tone. "We're around this table to solve the situation peacefully. I'd be more than happy to personally come in to tend to your wounded with a few Asha'man. I'm quite adept at healing any wounds your people might have suffered in the fighting. As for the point... Caemlyn has no reason to as you say 'fix the numbers'. You mentioned that there is no fear in your consideration but isn't trying to strong-arm me to concede and build more strongholds on the point just that? If I give you full control of the point I would as well sign my entire country over to you. Now wouldn't that be an impressive 'birthright'?"

Nynaeve was impressed with herself how neutral her voice was considering how furious she was with this man. "I don't know about you but war is something I have no interest in dealing with for a long time to come. You might have noticed but our borders are as open as they always have been. I know no one here actually believes in the three oaths but I will say it either way. Caemlyn will never strike an offensive towards Hoshido. There's no point to do so. We have no interest to expand. The people left in Caemlyn after we were pulled here aren't even enough to fill all our districts. The only thing we want is to do continue trade and be good neighbors. But we need the Great Point to defend us in case Hoshido is lost. If your country falls to an attack then we will fall as easily if they control the Great Point. You will always receive aid from us in your time of need because before the Alliance and the Rebellion there was Caemlyn and Hoshido, and I think you know that you are always welcome visitors. We were pulled into a dispute far beyond our control and both sides acted according to their beliefs. I do not begrudge your choice, especially if you thought it was the only way for your country to proceed. Fear makes companions of us all , but fear doesn't have to make you cruel or cowardly. So I suggest you think long and hard on what path you wish to take. Because it might be one that your people will not enjoy."

@Sark

Tseng was sat at his desk, watching the security cameras monitoring the city- frowning at the state below the surface. The slums were gaining more people, he knew this- it was his current conflict since President Shinra, or- Rufus left this duty to him as he had left to deal with international affairs. Tseng was pulled out of his thoughts as Reno and Rude approached him, causing the man to sit up in his chair.

"Reno, Rude- what is it?" He asked with authority. He raised his brow slightly as Rude slid a letter on the desk toward him.

"From the people of Midgar, it was addressed to the head of Shinra," he explained. Tseng clicked his tongue in response, opening the envelope and scanning the words. He hummed at the writing.

"Additionally, you've been invited to speak amongst The League Of Kingdoms," Rude continued. Tseng closed his eyes, he disliked the level of responsibility he held, but he would do anything for Rufus, even if it meant making tough decisions. He stood to his feet, walking past his partners.

"We shouldn't keep them waiting. Reno you come with me- Rude I leave the task of watching over things to you."

----------------------

Tseng took his surroundings in as he moved towards the stone structure where they were expected to meet. He turned slightly, scolding Reno for flirting with the locals. He went to the slick stone seat with large letters displaying 'MIDGAR' before taking a seat, the red-head by his side. He moved his long black hair behind his shoulder, gazing at the other leaders.

"I apologize on behalf of Midgar, President Shinra could not attend and therefore sent me," he spoke politely- noticing Reno's unsure look out of the corner of his eye.

@Sark @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Everyone

Mat had focused his attention on Midgar and its speaker. The red-headed guy next to him seemed like he wanted to be any place but here. Mat could certainly sympathize with that. "Oh don't mention it," He remarked to Tseng. "You're just in time for the chaos that this table brings. I bet you have something to say, don't let the chest-thumping and bleeding hearts hold you back. What's on your mind?"

@Space_Candy

Last edited:
Tseng watched closely as the other leaders debated, trying to follow the discussion the best he could; though at points it deemed difficult. He turned his attention as a man spoke to him, thankful for the reassurance. He cleared his throat, Reno eying him as he did so.

"Midgar would like to explore this new-found land," he began- thinking it was in Midgar's best interest to do so and something Rufus would have agreed with.

"I am willing to send my two right-hand men as well as a group of my SOLDIER and infantryman to assist in this matter," he proposed firmly. Reno made a noise of confliction, before leaning into Tseng.

"Are you sure Tseng?" he whispered, to which Tseng waved his hand- his decision unmoved.

@Sark @Crunch @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @York @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Capri

Tseng watched closely as the other leaders debated, trying to follow the discussion the best he could; though at points it deemed difficult. He turned his attention as a man spoke to him, thankful for the reassurance. He cleared his throat, Reno eying him as he did so.

"Midgar would like to explore this new-found land," he began- thinking it was in Midgar's best interest to do so and something Rufus would have agreed with.

"I am willing to send my two right-hand men as well as a group of my SOLDIER and infantryman to assist in this matter," he proposed firmly. Reno made a noise of confliction, before leaning into Tseng.

"Are you sure Tseng?" he whispered, to which Tseng waved his hand- his decision unmoved.

@Sark @Crunch @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @York @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Capri

"You can always come to visit us," Mat remarked to the man in the suit. "Caemlyn's borders are always open for a friendly face. I believe we haven't seen much of your lot down at the peninsula." He pointed to Reno. "I bet you'd love it. You seem like a chap who likes a good night of gambling and drinking."

@Space_Candy

Tseng gave the man a nod, blinking slowly much like a cat.

"Are you interested in the so-called pirate land as well? Unfortunately, Midgar is overpopulation due to the collapse of the 7th plate and this new land could greatly benefit," He inquired, curious at the invitation. Reno frowned at the mention of the plate- guilt settling in his stomach, he perked up as he was addressed, raising a brow.

"I do love to drink and gamble, hell seems like a fun time" he smirked.

@Jeremi

Last edited:
Tseng gave the man a nod, blinking slowly much like a cat.

"Are you interested in the so-called pirate land as well? Unfortunately, Midgar is overpopulation due to the collapse of the 7th plate and this new land could greatly benefit," He inquired, curious at the invitation. Reno frowned at the mention of the plate- guilt settling in his stomach, he perked up as he was addressed, raising a brow.

"I do love to drink and gamble, hell seems like a fun time" he smirked.

@Jeremi

"Overpopulation?" This got Nynaeve's attention from her heavy discussion with Shiro. "Please, tell us more. Caemlyn would be happy to lend a hand for a kingdom in need." Was this the opportunity that Nynaeve had sought after? While Caemlyn wasn't empty of people they weren't bursting at the seams either. Houses and business had been left empty after the disaster, and as the situation stood with Hoshido she'd be eager to see this through.

The only deterrent was that if they did this they'd be fully ingrained in Midgar and what it entails. She hadn't had much to do with their king but being an Aes Sedai meant that you would have to be able to handle a lot of different people. The technology at their disposal was far beyond what Caemlyn had to offer and with war looming over the horizon whether Nynaeve wanted it or not meant that they needed more unorthodox resources.

Mat realizing what she was planning gave a friendly grin towards Reno. "Or as it sounds, maybe you could get yourself a little summer house in the city, huh?"

@Space_Candy

Last edited:
H Y R U L E
Before
Zelda falls silent. Her eyes dissect Nynaeve. Her hands drift to her chin.
"Okay," She replies simply. "A Shadow Alliance, then. A pledge behind the curtains. Should you provide me with credible evidence as to any duplicity you can consider the Kingdom of Hyrule to be your sister and protector. Until then... this little 'conversation' of ours must remain under wraps. I believe that we'll be talking again shortly, your majesty."
Zelda nods, respecting the Queen's rank.
"I'm sure that you can find it in yourself to forgive my hostility."
@Jeremi

N O R T H E R N - P O I N T
In a different time and place, Shiro shares in Zelda's silence. He let's Nynaeve say her piece.
"You've got the gift of the gab, I'll give you that much," He shrugs. "Hoshido shares your hatred of War. Our decision to join the Battle for the Black Earth was... difficult. Before Patchworld, I was only a Prince. You know that old saying? The one about the head that wears the crown being heavy and the like? Never really knew what that meant like until the Rebellion started beating its chest. Now that I'm in charge, I want to do right by my Father's memory. I want to do everything that I can to keep his..." He bites his tongue. "...to keep my people safe. Maybe 'fear' is the right word. Maybe I am 'afraid' of the Rebellion. What King isn't terrified of leading his people to their deaths? You've made some nice promises. I hope you're as good as your word. We'll stop our expansion... for now. I don't want to kick the hornet's nest. But the land that we have already claimed? It will remain ours. I have seen the paperwork with my own eyes, Nynaeve. Our claim to the point is legitimate. I don't care for its strategic importance. Our allies in Ylisse and Hyrule will come to our aid in the event of a war. I just want my people to reap the rewards of what is rightfully theirs. If our roles were reversed, I'm sure that you would feel the same way."

@Jeremi

P L A S M A B L O C K A D E
Ghetsis' fingers drift to his lips. He releases a short, muffled chuckle.
"Something you'd like to say, General?" Sarrabi squints. "Is something funny?"
"Perhaps," Ghetsis smiles. "I just never thought that I'd find myself agreeing with a large, talking rodent..."
View attachment 8451
"My Kingdom is filled with oddities, but this might be a bridge to far... even for me... Still. I'm sure it's no surprise that I believe in extending the Blockade. Achilles must be given a chance to clear his name, of course. But in the mean time, his forces must be kept in check. I am more than willing to donate a few more vessels to the blockade if it means that his leash is kept... short and tight. Take a look at the Map of Kingdoms. The Brotherhood's Kingdom stretches across multiple continents. Would it not be fair to consider the Assassin-Fortresses on the Skaven's island to be illegal colonies? It doesn't matter what the land was being used for prior to their arrival. The Island of the Skaven exists tokeep the Mainland free of their kind... of course, I mean no offense to our present company. Any attempts to aggravate the Skaven must be swiftly punished. The Matati lacked the stomach to take the necessary action against the Miscreant Kingdoms. I pray that your Elder Brother is different, Sarrabi."

"Are these your own words, Ghetsis," Sarrabi replies bluntly. "Or those of King N?"

"I command Plasma's armies. I command its fleets." Ghetsis retorts with a manufactured smile. "His Majesty has given my the freedom to use them as I see fit. He trusts my judgement... And I hereby pass said judgement on the Brotherhood. If the Skaven wishes to punish the Brotherhood.... all the more power to them. I pledge my Navy to their aid."

Achilles thins his eyes into slits.

"So, the Spearhead stands with Despicable..." He tuts. "You stand with the Matati one week, you stand alongside those he decries the next... You've turned coats awfully quickly, General. Sickeningly so..."

"As much as I detest the Skaven's Idols... I have no troops to spare for your defense, King Achilles..." Credo hums. "The Kingdoms of Souls, Charity and Shambhala continue to besiege Fortuna's South. Until they have been routed- and believe me, soon they shall be- I will be unable to support your people. You have my sympathy, but I can offer you little else."

"I understand, Your Majesty." Achilles sighs. "Times are tough for us all. Ylisse. Can you spare a soul?"
View attachment 8452
"Forgive us, Your Majesty." Chrom bites his lip. "But the Exalt does not wish to engage in any conflict that does not directly threaten our shores. Do not mistake our non-action for cowardice or neglect... We... I wish that we could do more..."

"Then we stand alone." Achilles closes his eyes. He sinks into his throne. He grips its cold arms. "A Circle of Stone Kings... Each carrying a heart too cold and hardened to assist his fellow man... So be it. We'll stand alone. We'll stand tall. Consider the declaration of War answered..." The Brotherhood's Mentor steps up and away from his throne. Sarrabi protests. His is silenced by a wave of the King's hand. He raises his hood up over his head. "I have preparations to make. Invade the Colonies at your own expense, Thanquol. Your creatures will find the Forces of the Brotherhood to be more troublesome than they first appear..."
Achilles leaves without another word.
Silence falls.
"Tea!"
An aging made steps into the Circle of Kings, a silver tea tray hanging from her arms.
"Thank you, thank you..." Sarrabi smiles warmly. He takes a the first cup from the try. The maid passes around the remaining cups. "God... Thank God for the distraction... Kings of the 25 Realms, I'm sure you've met Nam before. She's been at my Father's side since... God, much longer than I have. She was a friend of my mother's, before she passed."
"I'd say I've been at his side longer than anyone has, Sarrabi. Tiama was the only woman to know him better than I, God rest her soul."
"Aye, God Bless her. And how is my father?"
"Your guess is as a good as mine. He's retreated into his bedchambers. He hasn't left since the War. He leaves to take his dinner from my tray, and then its back to the blackness. The brief glimpses I get of him... he's not well. He's not well at all... He's... he's not the man he was..."
View attachment 8453
"Maybe he's sneaking off to die alone? Like an old cat!" Cold chuckles to himself. Sarrabi strikes him with a glare that could snuff a flame.
"Hold your tongue, Cold. Show some respect."
"Fine!" The Demon shrugs. "I'll remove my hat when the old fool finally shuffles off this mortal coil. Are you happy now, Prince? As for those of us still left alive, well... I suppose I could donate a few grunts to this little 'Expedition'. I'll go too. I must admit... That dark slodge on the map has captured my imagination..."

@Crunch @Yun Lee

H Y R U L E
Before
Zelda falls silent. Her eyes dissect Nynaeve. Her hands drift to her chin.
"Okay," She replies simply. "A Shadow Alliance, then. A pledge behind the curtains. Should you provide me with credible evidence as to any duplicity you can consider the Kingdom of Hyrule to be your sister and protector. Until then... this little 'conversation' of ours must remain under wraps. I believe that we'll be talking again shortly, your majesty."
Zelda nods, respecting the Queen's rank.
"I'm sure that you can find it in yourself to forgive my hostility."
@Jeremi

N O R T H E R N - P O I N T
In a different time and place, Shiro shares in Zelda's silence. He let's Nynaeve say her piece.
"You've got the gift of the gab, I'll give you that much," He shrugs. "Hoshido shares your hatred of War. Our decision to join the Battle for the Black Earth was... difficult. Before Patchworld, I was only a Prince. You know that old saying? The one about the head that wears the crown being heavy and the like? Never really knew what that meant like until the Rebellion started beating its chest. Now that I'm in charge, I want to do right by my Father's memory. I want to do everything that I can to keep his..." He bites his tongue. "...to keep my people safe. Maybe 'fear' is the right word. Maybe I am 'afraid' of the Rebellion. What King isn't terrified of leading his people to their deaths? You've made some nice promises. I hope you're as good as your word. We'll stop our expansion... for now. I don't want to kick the hornet's nest. But the land that we have already claimed? It will remain ours. I have seen the paperwork with my own eyes, Nynaeve. Our claim to the point is legitimate. I don't care for its strategic importance. Our allies in Ylisse and Hyrule will come to our aid in the event of a war. I just want my people to reap the rewards of what is rightfully theirs. If our roles were reversed, I'm sure that you would feel the same way."

@Jeremi

P L A S M A B L O C K A D E
Ghetsis' fingers drift to his lips. He releases a short, muffled chuckle.
"Something you'd like to say, General?" Sarrabi squints. "Is something funny?"
"Perhaps," Ghetsis smiles. "I just never thought that I'd find myself agreeing with a large, talking rodent..."
View attachment 8451
"My Kingdom is filled with oddities, but this might be a bridge to far... even for me... Still. I'm sure it's no surprise that I believe in extending the Blockade. Achilles must be given a chance to clear his name, of course. But in the mean time, his forces must be kept in check. I am more than willing to donate a few more vessels to the blockade if it means that his leash is kept... short and tight. Take a look at the Map of Kingdoms. The Brotherhood's Kingdom stretches across multiple continents. Would it not be fair to consider the Assassin-Fortresses on the Skaven's island to be illegal colonies? It doesn't matter what the land was being used for prior to their arrival. The Island of the Skaven exists tokeep the Mainland free of their kind... of course, I mean no offense to our present company. Any attempts to aggravate the Skaven must be swiftly punished. The Matati lacked the stomach to take the necessary action against the Miscreant Kingdoms. I pray that your Elder Brother is different, Sarrabi."

"Are these your own words, Ghetsis," Sarrabi replies bluntly. "Or those of King N?"

"I command Plasma's armies. I command its fleets." Ghetsis retorts with a manufactured smile. "His Majesty has given my the freedom to use them as I see fit. He trusts my judgement... And I hereby pass said judgement on the Brotherhood. If the Skaven wishes to punish the Brotherhood.... all the more power to them. I pledge my Navy to their aid."

Achilles thins his eyes into slits.

"So, the Spearhead stands with Despicable..." He tuts. "You stand with the Matati one week, you stand alongside those he decries the next... You've turned coats awfully quickly, General. Sickeningly so..."

"As much as I detest the Skaven's Idols... I have no troops to spare for your defense, King Achilles..." Credo hums. "The Kingdoms of Souls, Charity and Shambhala continue to besiege Fortuna's South. Until they have been routed- and believe me, soon they shall be- I will be unable to support your people. You have my sympathy, but I can offer you little else."

"I understand, Your Majesty." Achilles sighs. "Times are tough for us all. Ylisse. Can you spare a soul?"
View attachment 8452
"Forgive us, Your Majesty." Chrom bites his lip. "But the Exalt does not wish to engage in any conflict that does not directly threaten our shores. Do not mistake our non-action for cowardice or neglect... We... I wish that we could do more..."

"Then we stand alone." Achilles closes his eyes. He sinks into his throne. He grips its cold arms. "A Circle of Stone Kings... Each carrying a heart too cold and hardened to assist his fellow man... So be it. We'll stand alone. We'll stand tall. Consider the declaration of War answered..." The Brotherhood's Mentor steps up and away from his throne. Sarrabi protests. His is silenced by a wave of the King's hand. He raises his hood up over his head. "I have preparations to make. Invade the Colonies at your own expense, Thanquol. Your creatures will find the Forces of the Brotherhood to be more troublesome than they first appear..."
Achilles leaves without another word.
Silence falls.
"Tea!"
An aging made steps into the Circle of Kings, a silver tea tray hanging from her arms.
"Thank you, thank you..." Sarrabi smiles warmly. He takes a the first cup from the try. The maid passes around the remaining cups. "God... Thank God for the distraction... Kings of the 25 Realms, I'm sure you've met Nam before. She's been at my Father's side since... God, much longer than I have. She was a friend of my mother's, before she passed."
"I'd say I've been at his side longer than anyone has, Sarrabi. Tiama was the only woman to know him better than I, God rest her soul."
"Aye, God Bless her. And how is my father?"
"Your guess is as a good as mine. He's retreated into his bedchambers. He hasn't left since the War. He leaves to take his dinner from my tray, and then its back to the blackness. The brief glimpses I get of him... he's not well. He's not well at all... He's... he's not the man he was..."
View attachment 8453
"Maybe he's sneaking off to die alone? Like an old cat!" Cold chuckles to himself. Sarrabi strikes him with a glare that could snuff a flame.
"Hold your tongue, Cold. Show some respect."
"Fine!" The Demon shrugs. "I'll remove my hat when the old fool finally shuffles off this mortal coil. Are you happy now, Prince? As for those of us still left alive, well... I suppose I could donate a few grunts to this little 'Expedition'. I'll go too. I must admit... That dark slodge on the map has captured my imagination..."

@Crunch @Yun Lee

Before

Nynaeve nodded solemnly. "Whatever Caemlyn knows, Hyrule will know in short order. As mentioned I will inform your kingdom by secret. I'll give extra instructions for the exchange that will happen after the meeting. Make yourself comfortable and don't hesitate to ask the servants if you wish to have something to eat or drink." With that and another nod, she closed the door behind her.

Now

In her mind, Nynaeve sighed in relief. No war, at least not yet. "I will trust your documents," The leader of Caemlyn finally replied. "Because that is one of the few things we have left. Trust." Hyrule on their side? Perhaps a possibility to mend the situation later down the line. "A joint watch of the Great Point then, let us hope it will be a quiet watch." With the biggest disaster out of the way, Nynaeve could focus on some of the other thoughts that had been brought up.

First, she once again turned her attention towards Tseng. "I was genuine in my hope of giving refuge to your people. If you wish to iron out what it would entail I'm willing to discuss it here at the table, or if you wish to inspect Caemlyn's suitability you're welcome to come and inspect our great kingdom. Or perhaps we'll send an envoy to Midgar at a late date?"

Then the second matter. "I'll reiterate what Matrim already mentioned that we are willing to lend a few soldiers for the expedition. If there is something hidden in this land then we need to uncover it. For the good of all Patchworld." As for the Gods and his servant. Nynaeve had a look of indifference on her face when they talked but there was something odd about it all. What if Matati wasn't the danger...but instead someone close to him?

@Sark @Space_Candy

Kingdom
Forces Pledged
The Kingdom of the Brotherhood​
Adéwalé, 2 Land Units​
The Kingdom of Caemlyn​
Leader Pending, 1 Land Unit​
Kingdom Cold​
King Cold, 1 Land Unit​
Kingdom of Plasma​
King N, 1 Land Unit​
The Demonic Kingdom of Shinjuku​
The Assassin, 1 Land Unit​
The 'Holy' Kingdom of Sparda​
Nero, 1 Land Unit​
The Kingdom of Ylisse​
Chrom, 1 Land Unit​
The Kingdom of Vesuvia​
Vulgora, 1 Land Unit​
The Kingdom of Midgar​
Reno, Rude, 1 Land Unit​
Additional Kingdoms are Welcome​
At least 1 Leader and 1 Land Unit must be pledged to join the Expedition and reap its rewards.​
Uninhabitable.
There's no other way to describe it.
The Sun burns like a Sinner. The Earth is as barren. All but lifeless. The days here are long and exhausting. The nights are chilling and, somehow, longer still. Seconds trudge on for hours as you march across the bland, repeating scenery.
View attachment 8473
Perhaps you had the courage to hold hope in your heart on Day 1...
But by day 30?
No.
A Sandstorm.
It scattered your footprints days ago.
There's no turning back now.
Food. Water.
Your rations are growing smaller by the day. You've got to make them last. You've got to endure.
The mountains are closer now. So close you can taste them.
Once you reach them, you'll be able to survey the area. You'll be able to find your way onward... or find your way bac home.
It's another day's walk away. Just one more night.
Just one more night...
Sand doesn't make for a pleasant bed. But after a day of aimless marching, the thought of laying down is pleasant enough to carry you through the night. Kings, Generals and Soldiers alike slept upon humble blankets beneath a canopy of stars. Equal and aching, the Rulers of Patchworld settled in for another restless night.
They had gotten used to seeing shadows at night. The sun was enough to break even the most stable man's resolve, and few in their company could have boasted total sanity to begin with. There always seemed to be something lurking in the corner of your eye. But it wasn't real.
It was never real.
Never.
You closed your eyes. You ignored it.
Until the shadow brushed your cheek.
Long fingers crept across your shoulders. A rough-soled foot planted itself upon your cheek.
The shadow believed itself to be quite stealthy. It believed you to be asleep... as you should have been.
"Filthy---" It spat under its breath. Or at least... that's what you thought it said... it's words were hard to make out beneath its wet chokes.
"Fat..."
"Stinky..."
"Manzies..."
"Hates it... Hates it..."
"We hates the Kingsies.... Vesuivies... Migdar smells worst of all..."
"Fire Nation large... stupid large manzies..."
"Fat manzies... Dirty the place... No... Yes... filthy the place..."

Ten long fingers coiled around the Assassin of Shinjuku's neck. They started to squeeze.
View attachment 8480
"Eyes bright! Fingers tight!" He sung. "Manzies!! Away! Manzies! Away!"
In which our Kings venture into the Lion's den.
Present Parties:
View attachment 8481
The Aegis Union​
Kingdoms
Forces Pledged/Leader Present
Kingdom of Britannia​
Pending​
Kingdom of Mainframe​
Pending​
Kingdom of Vesuvia​
Pending​
Fire Nation​
Pending​
Kingdom of Souls​
Cia, Volga​
View attachment 8489
The coast of the Pirate Kingdom was much more lively than one might have presumed. Sure, gruff outlaws at the Kings as the swanned by in their fine, Upper-Continental Clothes. Sure, the city's guards wrapped their fingers around their daggers as the Union's leaders passed their posts. The state's workers seemed intent on making their guests feel as unwelcome as possible. But the locals welcomed the kings as if they were one of their own. Smiles. Kind looks. Sharing samples. The Kingdom's locals didn't stop the kiss the boots of the visiting Kings. They treated them like the mortal men and women they were.
The Pirate King's 'Castle'- a large, scuttled ship mounted at the center of the city- was guarded by a fellowship of particularly rough looking individuals. Unkempt, scarred and day drunk, pirates drew their cutlasses as the Aegis Emissaries approached.
"Aye! What are ye scamps doing ou--?"
A man in blue pushed his way through the band of brigands. He poked the tips of this swords down and signaled for the crew to take 5.
View attachment 8490
"Well, well, well! It too you 'Majesties' long enough to show! Heh-Heh! Welcome to Pirate Country! Welcome to the freest place this side of Mordor! The name's Archie, and the pleasure is yours!"
In which our Kings ready themselves for war.
View attachment 8485
Attackers:
LAND
NAVAL
AIR
REASON FOR JOINING CONFLICT
LEADERS PRESENT
The Kingdom of Skavenblight​
Pending​
Pending​
Pending​
To rid the continent of Brotherhood colonies.​
Pending​
The Kingdom of Plasma​
4​
3​
2​
To eliminate the need for a Blockade​
Ghetsis​
View attachment 8484
Defenders:
LAND
NAVAL
AIR
REASONS FOR JOINING CONFLICT
LEADERS PRESENT
3​
11-6
0​
To defend their Kingdom from foreign invasion.​
Achilles Davenport, Chevalier de la Vérendrye​
LAND: Battle for Fort La Croix
Inside the Fortress.
Achilles looked down upon his Kingdom from its highest point, his arms resting upon La Croix' crumbling watchtower's wall. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. He sealed the memory away in the deepest corner of his mind. He wanted to remember his Kingdom as it was... before they came.
View attachment 8486
"The last of the Civilians have been sealed away inside the Keep, Mentor..."
Chevalier muttered, approaching his King's side. "The Mortars are loaded. Our fleet is already engaging Plasma's Navy. But with a fraction of our forces still sealed away behind the blockade..."
"We'll make do..." Achilles replied bluntly. "We don't have a choice."
"Ghetsis sent an emissary this morning..."
"Oh?"
"He offers us peace... Should we surrender our arms and return to the mainland."
"An deal I doubt the rats will recognise... Tell this emissary that we reject his proposal."
"I already have."
Achilles turned to face his general, his brow raised.
"It's like you said, Mentor. We're fighting 'till the last man falls. We won't kneel before those... savages. We won't let them take our land. We won't let them burn our flags and raise our villages."
Achilles' hand came to roost upon Chevalier's shoulder.
"Thank you, Old Friend... All that remains now is for us to fight... and to pray."
"Adewale has been away for some time, Mentor. These no knowing when or if he'll return to us. Even if he does find whatever it is you're looking for out there, who knows if he'll make it back to us in time..."
"If he doesn't save us.... then he'll simply have to avenge us. Come. Draw your swords, Chevalier... they'll be here before you know it..."

Outside the Fortress:
View attachment 8487
Winter hadn't been kind to the Brotherhood. The season's chill made a slight tip in the sea a lethal experience. The waves were made colder still with a flash of the Plasma Frigate's ice-canon. Where there once been a sea, there was now a long, snowy battlefield.
"The Ice will hold..." Ghetsis hummed to himself, striking the snow with his cane. "It runs deep. I don't even the Brotherhood's finest cannons will be able to pierce it. And if they can? Well... a blast from a Cryogonal will be enough to seal any cracks in the ice." The General hobbled towards the Fortress. "My navy shall occupy theirs. Whilst the Blockade stands, eliminating the Brotherhood will simply be a matter of storming their Castle. I don't doubt their conviction. I don't doubt that they'll play ever ace they have in the hopes of slowing us down... But the odds are not in their favor. My forces shall follow your lead, Skaven." Ghetsis bowed like a showman. "The continent will be yours before you know it..."
- Nobody is safe during conflict chapter. Everyone is at risk of dying, should they make poor choices.
  • If you would like to continue negotiating with your fellow nations or NPCs, you can do so via a flashback. Be sure to tag flashbacks accordinly.
  • Even if you haven't chosen a path yet, don't worry. You can provide assistance to the Expedition, Pirate Emissaries or the Warring Parties at any time.

Kingdom
Forces Pledged
Adéwalé, 2 Land Units​
The Kingdom of Caemlyn​
Leader Pending, 1 Land Unit​
Kingdom Cold​
King Cold, 1 Land Unit​
Kingdom of Plasma​
King N, 1 Land Unit​
The Demonic Kingdom of Shinjuku​
The Assassin, 1 Land Unit​
The 'Holy' Kingdom of Sparda​
Nero, 1 Land Unit​
The Kingdom of Ylisse​
Chrom, 1 Land Unit​
The Kingdom of Vesuvia​
Vulgora, 1 Land Unit​
The Kingdom of Midgar​
Reno, Rude, 1 Land Unit​
Additional Kingdoms are Welcome​
At least 1 Leader and 1 Land Unit must be pledged to join the Expedition and reap its rewards.​
Uninhabitable.
There's no other way to describe it.
The Sun burns like a Sinner. The Earth is as barren. All but lifeless. The days here are long and exhausting. The nights are chilling and, somehow, longer still. Seconds trudge on for hours as you march across the bland, repeating scenery.
View attachment 8473
Perhaps you had the courage to hold hope in your heart on Day 1...
But by day 30?
No.
A Sandstorm.
It scattered your footprints days ago.
There's no turning back now.
Food. Water.
Your rations are growing smaller by the day. You've got to make them last. You've got to endure.
The mountains are closer now. So close you can taste them.
Once you reach them, you'll be able to survey the area. You'll be able to find your way onward... or find your way bac home.
It's another day's walk away. Just one more night.
Just one more night...
Sand doesn't make for a pleasant bed. But after a day of aimless marching, the thought of laying down is pleasant enough to carry you through the night. Kings, Generals and Soldiers alike slept upon humble blankets beneath a canopy of stars. Equal and aching, the Rulers of Patchworld settled in for another restless night.
They had gotten used to seeing shadows at night. The sun was enough to break even the most stable man's resolve, and few in their company could have boasted total sanity to begin with. There always seemed to be something lurking in the corner of your eye. But it wasn't real.
It was never real.
Never.
You closed your eyes. You ignored it.
Until the shadow brushed your cheek.
Long fingers crept across your shoulders. A rough-soled foot planted itself upon your cheek.
The shadow believed itself to be quite stealthy. It believed you to be asleep... as you should have been.
"Filthy---" It spat under its breath. Or at least... that's what you thought it said... it's words were hard to make out beneath its wet chokes.
"Fat..."
"Stinky..."
"Manzies..."
"Hates it... Hates it..."
"We hates the Kingsies.... Vesuivies... Migdar smells worst of all..."
"Fire Nation large... stupid large manzies..."
"Fat manzies... Dirty the place... No... Yes... filthy the place..."

Ten long fingers coiled around the Assassin of Shinjuku's neck. They started to squeeze.
View attachment 8480
"Eyes bright! Fingers tight!" He sung. "Manzies!! Away! Manzies! Away!"
In which our Kings venture into the Lion's den.
Present Parties:
View attachment 8481
The Aegis Union​
Kingdoms
Forces Pledged/Leader Present
Kingdom of Britannia​
Pending​
Kingdom of Mainframe​
Pending​
Kingdom of Vesuvia​
Pending​
Fire Nation​
Pending​
Kingdom of Souls​
Cia, Volga​
View attachment 8489
The coast of the Pirate Kingdom was much more lively than one might have presumed. Sure, gruff outlaws at the Kings as the swanned by in their fine, Upper-Continental Clothes. Sure, the city's guards wrapped their fingers around their daggers as the Union's leaders passed their posts. The state's workers seemed intent on making their guests feel as unwelcome as possible. But the locals welcomed the kings as if they were one of their own. Smiles. Kind looks. Sharing samples. The Kingdom's locals didn't stop the kiss the boots of the visiting Kings. They treated them like the mortal men and women they were.
The Pirate King's 'Castle'- a large, scuttled ship mounted at the center of the city- was guarded by a fellowship of particularly rough looking individuals. Unkempt, scarred and day drunk, pirates drew their cutlasses as the Aegis Emissaries approached.
"Aye! What are ye scamps doing ou--?"
A man in blue pushed his way through the band of brigands. He poked the tips of this swords down and signaled for the crew to take 5.
View attachment 8490
"Well, well, well! It too you 'Majesties' long enough to show! Heh-Heh! Welcome to Pirate Country! Welcome to the freest place this side of Mordor! The name's Archie, and the pleasure is yours!"
View attachment 8485
Attackers:
LAND
NAVAL
AIR
LEADERS PRESENT
Pending​
Pending​
Pending​
Pending​
The Kingdom of Plasma​
4​
3​
2​
Ghetsis​
View attachment 8484
Defenders:
LAND
NAVAL
AIR
LEADERS PRESENT
3​
11-6
0​
Inside the Fortress.
Achilles looked down upon his Kingdom from its highest point, his arms resting upon La Croix' crumbling watchtower's wall. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. He sealed the memory away in the deepest corner of his mind. He wanted to remember his Kingdom as it was... before they came.
View attachment 8486
Chevalier muttered, approaching his King's side. "The Mortars are loaded. Our fleet is already engaging Plasma's Navy. But with a fraction of our forces still sealed away behind the blockade..."
"Oh?"
"He offers us peace... Should we surrender our arms and return to the mainland."
"An deal I doubt the rats will recognise... Tell this emissary that we reject his proposal."
"I already have."
"It's like you said, Mentor. We're fighting 'till the last man falls. We won't kneel before those... savages. We won't let them take our land. We won't let them burn our flags and raise our villages."
"Thank you, Old Friend... All that remains now is for us to fight... and to pray."
"Adewale has been away for some time, Mentor. These no knowing when or if he'll return to us. Even if he does find whatever it is you're looking for out there, who knows if he'll make it back to us in time..."
"If he doesn't save us.... then he'll simply have to avenge us. Come. Draw your swords, Chevalier... they'll be here before you know it..."

Outside the Fortress:
View attachment 8487
Winter hadn't been kind to the Brotherhood. The season's chill made a slight tip in the sea a lethal experience. The waves were made colder still with a flash of the Plasma Frigate's ice-canon. Where there once been a sea, there was now a long, snowy battlefield.
"The Ice will hold..." Ghetsis hummed to himself, striking the snow with his cane. "It runs deep. I don't even the Brotherhood's finest cannons will be able to pierce it. And if they can? Well... a blast from a Cryogonal will be enough to seal any cracks in the ice." The General hobbled towards the Fortress. "My navy shall occupy theirs. Whilst the Blockade stands, eliminating the Brotherhood will simply be a matter of storming their Castle. I don't doubt their conviction. I don't doubt that they'll play ever ace they have in the hopes of slowing us down... But the odds are not in their favor. My forces shall follow your lead, Skaven." Ghetsis bowed like a showman. "The continent will be yours before you know it..."
- Nobody is safe during conflict chapter. Everyone is at risk of dying, should they make poor choices.
  • If you would like to continue negotiating with your fellow nations or NPCs, you can do so via a flashback. Be sure to tag flashbacks accordinly.
  • Even if you haven't chosen a path yet, don't worry. You can provide assistance to the Expedition, Pirate Emissaries or the Warring Parties at any time.

Mat had thought the expedition had been a great idea. That was until he was chosen as the leader from Caemlyn. No protest seemed to get through and with two Asha'man and a contingent of his Death Guards he set off with the others to what would end up becoming a terrible excursion in the blistering sun and endless sands. A scenery that wasn't unfamiliar to him but that he had hoped to not have to see ever again.

He hadn't even gotten a proper opportunity to play any dice with the others to fill his own personal coffers, despite the fact that it was quite hard to use the different currency that was being used all over the Patchworld. Still, he persevered and finally when they had found a good spot to lay down and rest.

The screaming started. "Oh bloody hell," Mat mumbled as he got up to look for his boots and his hat. He was very close to lay back down to bed but he was agitated enough to confront whatever the situation might be. "Oi!" He shouted noticing the weird creature with its hand around Assassin's neck. Mat really needed to figure out what his real name was. "What do you think you're doing sneaking around in camp and trying to attack one of us? You do realize that if you end up and kill him you'll get strung up so fast that there won't be anything left of you. So why don't you calm down and talk about this like civilized folk, yeah? People just finally want to get some proper bloody sleep."

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Capri @Space_Candy @Takumi

Lelouch vi Britannia - The Pirate Problem

There was talk about how this could be potentially dangerous, and that it wouldn't be a safe idea to go alone. Suzaku and even C.C. warned him. However, Lelouch insisted on going alone to represent the kingdom of Britannia, not even a single accompanying soldier was at his side. It wasn't like he was entirely alone, but it was still risky as is. He fully intended to negotiate as he proposed along with the formation of the Aegis Union. With that being his only intention, there was no need to bring along extra forces or his generals, it would only cause unnecessary intimidation.

And it wasn't like Lelouch was entirely defenseless on his own.

knkOe10.png

❝ To be greeted like so, I shall accept this with humbled respect as the ruler of Britannia and a representative member of the Aegis Union. Know this to be true by my name, Lelouch vi Britannia. ❞ He briefly bowed once Archie greeted them. As much as this type of greeting was heavy on the pleasantries and formalities, Lelouch figured to get that out of the way now so it wouldn't be too over-bearing.

❝ Now, if you do not mind me asking, shall we move to a more suitable setting to hold a conversation? I'd imagine us remaining at the front porch to exchange words from this point onward would be a disservice to all parties involved, would it not? ❞

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi

VULGORA
@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Takumi

View attachment 8544
"OH, YOU WANNA FIGHT?" Vulgora yelled.

Taking out their ax, they approached the being that was choking Assassin out.

"WELL... IT'S ON!"

They swung their ax at the creature from behind, not out of stealth but out of that's just where they were.

NADIA SATRINAVA
@Sark @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

View attachment 8545
"Hello, Sir Archie," Nadia stated, a polite smile resting on her face, "I'm Nadia Satrinava of Vesuvia,"

She gave a polite bow, wanting to show respect to the man. Maybe the pirates could be a well-met ally, after all, she has made friends with pirates before.

"I believe Sir vi Brittania has a point. Rulers such as ourselves can't just discuss important matters while we're out where anyone can hear,"

"OH, YOU WANNA FIGHT?" Vulgora yelled.

Taking out their ax, they approached the being that was choking Assassin out.

"WELL... IT'S ON!"

They swung their ax at the creature from behind, not out of stealth but out of that's just where they were.
E X P E D I T I O N
The Creature that throttled the Assassin had been unfortunate enough to have had many axes swung in its direction during its far-too-long life. The sound of Vulgora's swooshing blade pricked its ears. It released its hold over its prey at once and scurried away, gasping and gurgling all the while. It's frantic, hands-and-knees escape was cut short by King Cold's foot. He didn't quite kick the creature. Not at first, anyway. He simply stretched his leg out into the sweaty-thing's path. Once he had hit the floor, however? That was when the kicking started.
"Cold." N snapped bluntly, approaching the pair. "Cold stop it."
View attachment 8551
"Stop it now."
"Yeah!" Nero added, a grin pinned to his lips. "Save some for the rest of us!"
Before the Half-Demon could join in the abuse, N's hand clapped down upon his shoulder.
"It's incapable of defending itself. Let it breathe."
Cold slowly turned on the spot.
"You dare to command me?" The King scoffed. "ME?"
"As the Ruler of the Kingdom of Plasma... I dare."
King Cold simply laughed. He raised his hands in mock surrender and stepped away from the would be assassin.
Bloodied and beaten, the creature clutched its chest, cursing and spluttering some old chant to itself.
"What is your name, friend?" N crouched down its side. He raised a cautious palm to its side. "It's okay... We won't harm you... Do you need healing?"
The creature slowly turned to face the King. The smell that wafted from the creature's lips was enough to make N regret coming to its side. Two tired, blue eyes pierced him. A hiss. A snort. The creature flashed its rotten teeth. Whatever it was, it was more beast than man.
"Manzies... stinking, lying manzies. Manzies beat us. Hurt us. Then help us. No. Trixies. More Manzie trixies. You mocks us... You mocks us!" The beast-man unleashed a flurry of long, wet coughs.
View attachment 8552
[Gol-lum] "Yes... they mocks us..." [Gol-lum]

"Can I start kicking the disgusting creature again?" Cold chirped. "I am asking purely out of courtesy, of course.. Sooner or later, it's getting another beating... haven't had this much entertainment in weeks. Besides... there's hardly enough meat on it for it to be worth eating..."
King Cold raised his foot above the creature's head.
"Gah! Gwahh!" Gollum cowered. He raised his hands before his head and begged. "No bootzies! No more axies or bootzies!"
View attachment 8554
"We yields! We yields!"
Mat had thought the expedition had been a great idea. That was until he was chosen as the leader from Caemlyn. No protest seemed to get through and with two Asha'man and a contingent of his Death Guards he set off with the others to what would end up becoming a terrible excursion in the blistering sun and endless sands. A scenery that wasn't unfamiliar to him but that he had hoped to not have to see ever again.

He hadn't even gotten a proper opportunity to play any dice with the others to fill his own personal coffers, despite the fact that it was quite hard to use the different currency that was being used all over the Patchworld. Still, he persevered and finally when they had found a good spot to lay down and rest.

The screaming started. "Oh bloody hell," Mat mumbled as he got up to look for his boots and his hat. He was very close to lay back down to bed but he was agitated enough to confront whatever the situation might be. "Oi!" He shouted noticing the weird creature with its hand around Assassin's neck. Mat really needed to figure out what his real name was. "What do you think you're doing sneaking around in camp and trying to attack one of us? You do realize that if you end up and kill him you'll get strung up so fast that there won't be anything left of you. So why don't you calm down and talk about this like civilized folk, yeah? People just finally want to get some proper bloody sleep."
'Strung Up'
The two words seemed to shake Gollum above all overs. His hands drifted to his throat. What little color remained in his skin was flushed away.
"Strings!!" He wept. "No Elf-Strings! We hates them! Hates them! Don't bind us! Don't bind Smeagol!"
View attachment 8555
"We'll be good! We swears it! We swears on the Precious we won't harm the manzies! We won't harm friends anymore!"
He wet eyes darted to Mat.
"Men don't come out here... We don't see Oasies in the Destert... You scares Smeagol! We thinks you came here to steal our homsies! We don't want to lose our homsies! No! We won't lose them! Not like we lost the Precious!"
The creature crumbled. He unleashed a series of loud, shrieking sobs.
"Lost! Lost! Lost! Manzies have come! Manzies have come and now it's lost! Lost! Lost! Lost!!"
He writhed around in the sand like a toddler throwing a temper-tantrum.

"LOOOOOOSSTTT!"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Capri @Space_Candy @Takumi

❝ To be greeted like so, I shall accept this with humbled respect as the ruler of Britannia and a representative member of the Aegis Union. Know this to be true by my name, Lelouch vi Britannia. ❞ He briefly bowed once Archie greeted them. As much as this type of greeting was heavy on the pleasantries and formalities, Lelouch figured to get that out of the way now so it wouldn't be too over-bearing.

❝ Now, if you do not mind me asking, shall we move to a more suitable setting to hold a conversation? I'd imagine us remaining at the front porch to exchange words from this point onward would be a disservice to all parties involved, would it not? ❞

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi
T H E - P I R A T E - P R O B L E M
Archie pursed his lips. Did his best to swallow his laughter.
"Aye, look at this!" He snickered. "A King bowing before a General! The world really 'as gone mad!"
Archie responded to Lelouch's bow with an overly dramatic bow of his own.
"Well-met, Lelouchie, well-met..."
Archie slowly straightened out his spine. With Nadia's requested noted, the Pirate turned back towards his ship.
"Aye, the Pirate King ye looking for is waiting inside. We'll join them shortly... when the others get here, of course..."
"The Others?" Cia chuckled. "You must be confused, Pirate. There are no 'Others'. The Aegis Union in its entirety stands before. We 5 Kings Command Forces and Wealth Unimaginable. With our support- if we chose to bestow it upon you- is more than enough to earn you International Recognition. You need no 'Others'"
"If the King wanted paper-recognition, yes, you would be enough..." A voice called from the end of the road. The hundreds of armored boots and two dozen horseshoes clatter its wake.
View attachment 8557
"But the Pirate Kingdom may wish for the kind of recognition that cannot be undone with the swish of a quill..."
Trumpets sounded. The names of two nobles were announced in Black-Speech. Their Uruk escorts stood to attention and raised their banners. The Black-Eye of Mordor looked down upon the Aegis Union. The leaders of the Dark Caravan removed themselves from the backs of their beasts and completed the final stretch of their journey on foot.
"Ladies Riya and Yuka!" An Orc Bard proclaimed in Common-Tongue. "Rulers of the Vassal State of Shen, Acting on Behalf of their Bright Lord in the Kingdom of Mordor!"
The Twins removed their swords from their sheathes and knelt down before Achie.
"A gift from King Talion..." Riya bowed, offering the Pirate-General her blade. "Two blades forged from the finest Elvish Mithril. May these weapons serve you well... We shall fight many battle side by side, General..." Two Ologs approached the Twin's side. Two large chests of gold were clumsily dumped by their sides. Goblets, rings and beads rolled across the floor.
View attachment 8558
"Additionally, we shall offer you the spoils of our the Bright Lord's War in the East." Yuka gestured towards the growing, shimmering pile. "I present to you, as Queen Cia put it... wealth unimaginable. I assure you. This mountain shall only grow."
Archies greedily two the Ladies' blades and swished them about wildly.
"Ayye... I like these. Pretty things, aren't they? Oh... and the swords are pretty fine two..." The Pirate roared with laughed. He carelessly tossed the swords onto the growing pile. As he did so, something else caught his eye. A diamond among diamonds. A star among stars. He plunged his hand into the golden pile. He placed a platinum ring upon his finger.
"What a beauty... What a precious thing..."
He threw a scuffed crown atop his head.
"Oh... oh look at this!"
He wrapped a velvet sash around his neck.
"Oh! Look at me! Ain't I vision! A-hah!" The Pirate bellowed. His eyes soon returned to his ring. "Oh, I could get used to this..."
"Believe me, General..." Riya's eyes met Nadia's. Yuka's met Lelouch. "You shall..."

With just a glance, the two twins sucked a little bit of the life from the word. The Sun grew slightly... darker. The air grew colder. A twisted chill scurried up the Rulers' spines. With each breath they took, the color seemed to drain from their surroundings.
Perhaps the pair had heard the stories. Perhaps they had read the reports. Or maybe they just knew, deep down in their hearts-of-hearts.
The two women the knelt before them had been there, at the Battle for the Black Heavens. Their clothes had changed. Their had done-away with their demonic mounts and guises. But they couldn't hide their true natures. Not entirely. Any Veteran of the War in Mordor could tell.

The Twins were Ringwraiths, the ghostly figures that had haunted the skies above Mordor.

"Aye... hold on a minute..." Archie wagged his finger. He didn't quite turn to face the Kings. His attention was fixed on the treasure he wore upon his other hand. "Ya see, I do like gifts... I love 'em. I must say, the King's partial to 'em to. So, you'll have to forgive me for asking..."
View attachment 8559
"But what have YE brought us?! Tell me ye brought us somethin' good!"

@Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi

E X P E D I T I O N
The Creature that throttled the Assassin had been unfortunate enough to have had many axes swung in its direction during its far-too-long life. The sound of Vulgora's swooshing blade pricked its ears. It released its hold over its prey at once and scurried away, gasping and gurgling all the while. It's frantic, hands-and-knees escape was cut short by King Cold's foot. He didn't quite kick the creature. Not at first, anyway. He simply stretched his leg out into the sweaty-thing's path. Once he had hit the floor, however? That was when the kicking started.
View attachment 8551
"Stop it now."
Before the Half-Demon could join in the abuse, N's hand clapped down upon his shoulder.
King Cold simply laughed. He raised his hands in mock surrender and stepped away from the would be assassin.
Bloodied and beaten, the creature clutched its chest, cursing and spluttering some old chant to itself.
"What is your name, friend?" N crouched down its side. He raised a cautious palm to its side. "It's okay... We won't harm you... Do you need healing?"
The creature slowly turned to face the King. The smell that wafted from the creature's lips was enough to make N regret coming to its side. Two tired, blue eyes pierced him. A hiss. A snort. The creature flashed its rotten teeth. Whatever it was, it was more beast than man.
"Manzies... stinking, lying manzies. Manzies beat us. Hurt us. Then help us. No. Trixies. More Manzie trixies. You mocks us... You mocks us!" The beast-man unleashed a flurry of long, wet coughs.
View attachment 8552

"Can I start kicking the disgusting creature again?" Cold chirped. "I am asking purely out of courtesy, of course.. Sooner or later, it's getting another beating... haven't had this much entertainment in weeks. Besides... there's hardly enough meat on it for it to be worth eating..."
"Gah! Gwahh!" Gollum cowered. He raised his hands before his head and begged. "No bootzies! No more axies or bootzies!"
View attachment 8554
"We yields! We yields!"

'Strung Up'
The two words seemed to shake Gollum above all overs. His hands drifted to his throat. What little color remained in his skin was flushed away.
"Strings!!" He wept. "No Elf-Strings! We hates them! Hates them! Don't bind us! Don't bind Smeagol!"
View attachment 8555
"We'll be good! We swears it! We swears on the Precious we won't harm the manzies! We won't harm friends anymore!"
"Men don't come out here... We don't see Oasies in the Destert... You scares Smeagol! We thinks you came here to steal our homsies! We don't want to lose our homsies! No! We won't lose them! Not like we lost the Precious!"
"Lost! Lost! Lost! Manzies have come! Manzies have come and now it's lost! Lost! Lost! Lost!!"

"LOOOOOOSSTTT!"

"Aye, look at this!" He snickered. "A King bowing before a General! The world really 'as gone mad!"
Archie slowly straightened out his spine. With Nadia's requested noted, the Pirate turned back towards his ship.
"Aye, the Pirate King ye looking for is waiting inside. We'll join them shortly... when the others get here, of course..."
"The Others?" Cia chuckled. "You must be confused, Pirate. There are no 'Others'. The Aegis Union in its entirety stands before. We 5 Kings Command Forces and Wealth Unimaginable. With our support- if we chose to bestow it upon you- is more than enough to earn you International Recognition. You need no 'Others'"
"If the King wanted paper-recognition, yes, you would be enough..." A voice called from the end of the road. The hundreds of armored boots and two dozen horseshoes clatter its wake.
View attachment 8557
"But the Pirate Kingdom may wish for the kind of recognition that cannot be undone with the swish of a quill..."
Trumpets sounded. The names of two nobles were announced in Black-Speech. Their Uruk escorts stood to attention and raised their banners. The Black-Eye of Mordor looked down upon the Aegis Union. The leaders of the Dark Caravan removed themselves from the backs of their beasts and completed the final stretch of their journey on foot.
"Ladies Riya and Yuka!" An Orc Bard proclaimed in Common-Tongue. "Rulers of the Vassal State of Shen, Acting on Behalf of their Bright Lord in the Kingdom of Mordor!"
"A gift from King Talion..." Riya bowed, offering the Pirate-General her blade. "Two blades forged from the finest Elvish Mithril. May these weapons serve you well... We shall fight many battle side by side, General..." Two Ologs approached the Twin's side. Two large chests of gold were clumsily dumped by their sides. Goblets, rings and beads rolled across the floor.
View attachment 8558
"Additionally, we shall offer you the spoils of our the Bright Lord's War in the East." Yuka gestured towards the growing, shimmering pile. "I present to you, as Queen Cia put it... wealth unimaginable. I assure you. This mountain shall only grow."
"Ayye... I like these. Pretty things, aren't they? Oh... and the swords are pretty fine two..." The Pirate roared with laughed. He carelessly tossed the swords onto the growing pile. As he did so, something else caught his eye. A diamond among diamonds. A star among stars. He plunged his hand into the golden pile. He placed a platinum ring upon his finger.
"Oh... oh look at this!"
"Oh! Look at me! Ain't I vision! A-hah!" The Pirate bellowed. His eyes soon returned to his ring. "Oh, I could get used to this..."
"Believe me, General..." Riya's eyes met Nadia's. Yuka's met Lelouch. "You shall..."

With just a glance, the two twins sucked a little bit of the life from the word. The Sun grew slightly... darker. The air grew colder. A twisted chill scurried up the Rulers' spines. With each breath they took, the color seemed to drain from their surroundings.
Perhaps the pair had heard the stories. Perhaps they had read the reports. Or maybe they just knew, deep down in their hearts-of-hearts.
The two women the knelt before them had been there, at the Battle for the Black Heavens. Their clothes had changed. Their had done-away with their demonic mounts and guises. But they couldn't hide their true natures. Not entirely. Any Veteran of the War in Mordor could tell.

The Twins were Ringwraiths, the ghostly figures that had haunted the skies above Mordor.

"Aye... hold on a minute..." Archie wagged his finger. He didn't quite turn to face the Kings. His attention was fixed on the treasure he wore upon his other hand. "Ya see, I do like gifts... I love 'em. I must say, the King's partial to 'em to. So, you'll have to forgive me for asking..."
View attachment 8559

”I understand why,” Mat mumbled looked around the desolate place they found themselves in. What a sad little sight this being was. Mat wasn’t quite sure what to do with this thing. Then the wailing started again. “Oh calm down, calm down now! None of us are coming to take your homsies. Could you…” Bloody hell. He grabbed unto Gollum to stop him shaking about. “Now you better stop your crying and tell us what’s lost? What is lost here? We’re not going to hurt you so you better just come clean. If you need any healing.” He looked around to try and find one of the Asha’man. “I have a man that can fix you right up!”

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Capri @Space_Candy @Takumi

E X P E D I T I O N

1599656539329.png

"Stop it now."

1599656942270.png

1599657506329.png

"We yields! We yields!"

'Strung Up'

1599658231272.png

"LOOOOOOSSTTT!"

1599662083708.png

1599662370262.png

"Oh... oh look at this!"

1599663612346.png

"Hey, hey, hey." Came the voice of one bald monk as he took a look at what looked like a little old man shaking in the sand. His brows were drawn and a frown was on his face. He was never one that liked to resort to violence after all. Luckily he wasn't the only one trying to calm the little...guy down!

"No need to be so upset! Uh. Hm. Oh, I know! Check this out!" Aang tried, before snapping and reaching into a small pocket in his inner robes and pulling out something small. Grinning he shifted his stance and with a bit of Airbending got the objects in his hands spinning rapidly.

tumblr_nw79t2qw4J1rss05ao5_r1_250.gifv

"Tada!" He beamed. Spinning marbles! It was the perfect way to cheer someone up, if you asked him. Behind Aang, two of the soldiers accompanying him shared a quiet, exasperated and tired look, having seen this trick plenty during the weeks stuck in the desert on this expedition.

"I thought you threw them out?" The first stage whispered, causing the second to shrug.

"I thought so too. Let's let him have this one, this once, and then maybe we can go back to sleep." She muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Aang pretended not to hear them, too busy trying to make a new friend and do things as peacefully as possible.

@Sark @Capri @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Expedition

Last edited:
”I understand why,” Mat mumbled looked around the desolate place they found themselves in. What a sad little sight this being was. Mat wasn’t quite sure what to do with this thing. Then the wailing started again. “Oh calm down, calm down now! None of us are coming to take your homsies. Could you…” Bloody hell. He grabbed unto Gollum to stop him shaking about. “Now you better stop your crying and tell us what’s lost? What is lost here? We’re not going to hurt you so you better just come clean. If you need any healing.” He looked around to try and find one of the Asha’man. “I have a man that can fix you right up!”
E X P E D I T I O N
"The Precious! Lost to us! Stolen from us! Pinched! Pilfered! Purloined!" Gollum writhed and wiggled between Mat's hands. "They took my Precious! Filthy, worthless thieves! Stinking things! Foul, worthless ho-" [Gol-lum] "Hob-" [Gol-lum] "Hobi-" [Gol-lum]
"He's sick..." N interjected calmly. "He's--"
"Really?" Nero chirped. "Never woulda guessed. Where did you get your degree, your majesty? The University of No-Fucking-Shit?"
"I vote that we put it out of its misery." Cold added bluntly. The Frost Demon raised his foot once again.
"Just... wait," N sighed. "If we can calm him down--"
"Look at him. There's no calming it down." Cold replied matter-of-factly. "You're questions are simply riling it up further. Might as well save ourselves the trouble and---"

"Hey, hey, hey." Came the voice of one bald monk as he took a look at what looked like a little old man shaking in the sand. His brows were drawn and a frown was on his face. He was never one that liked to resort to violence after all. Luckily he wasn't the only one trying to calm the little...guy down!

"No need to be so upset! Uh. Hm. Oh, I know! Check this out!" Aang tried, before snapping and reaching into a small pocket in his inner robes and pulling out something small. Grinning he shifted his stance and with a bit of Airbending got the objects in his hands spinning rapidly.

"Tada!" He beamed. Spinning marbles! It was the perfect way to cheer someone up, if you asked him. Behind Aang, two of the soldiers accompanying him shared a quiet, exasperated and tired look, having seen this trick plenty during the weeks stuck in the desert on this expedition.

"I thought you threw them out?" The first stage whispered, causing the second to shrug.

"I thought so too. Let's let him have this one, this once, and then maybe we can go back to sleep." She muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Aang pretended not to hear them, too busy trying to make a new friend and do things as peacefully as possible.
The whir of the spinning marble pricked Smeagol's old ears. His eyes widened. His screaming finally ceased. He slipped from Mat's grasp like a sweaty, wet fish and galloped across the camp on his hands and knees. Gollum's eyes locked onto Aang's trinket. He didn't dare blink.
"Again! Again!" He squealed, clapped and pleaded. "Again! Again!"
View attachment 8606
"Please! Shows us! Shows us! We hasn't seem wizard trickses since... since..." His eyes went glassy. He stared straight through the marble for a second or two. Click. He snapped back to reality. "More trickses! More! More! Shows us fire works! Shows us fireworks!"
"You were saying, Cold?" N placed his hands in his pockets, a warm smile pinned to his face. He couldn't take his eyes off the joyful.... thing Aang had created. "Something about us being unable to calm him down?"
"I'll never understand you obsession with such fragile things, N..." Cold muttered, quickly changing the topic. "Such a worthless creature... It's unworthy of our attention." The King nestled himself back down in the dunes. "Kill him. Release him. I care not. I was my hands of this situation... so long as he remains quiet..."
"I would expect you to understand..." N mumbled, returning to the creature's side. "I fear that compassion is lost to you. But even a self-serving soul like you has to acknowledge that it's... funny..."
"Hm?"
"We've been travelling for months." N lowered his voice, concealing his word from the party's latest addition. "In all that time, have you seen anything resembling intelligent life? Or any life, for that matter? This 'Smeagol' is proof that there are living things out here!"
"Yeah... I'm sure the folks back home will be thrilled to hear about the scrawny-mutant-dwarves living in their back yard..."
"Smeagol may be unique... but have you heard of a creature than can survive without water?"
The camp fell silent.
"Besides. By the sound of things, Smeagol has met 'manzies' before."
"You're saying that he knows more than he's letting on?"
"Maybe. There's only one way to find out..."

@Takumi @Capri @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Expedition

E X P E D I T I O N
"The Precious! Lost to us! Stolen from us! Pinched! Pilfered! Purloined!" Gollum writhed and wiggled between Mat's hands. "They took my Precious! Filthy, worthless thieves! Stinking things! Foul, worthless ho-" [Gol-lum] "Hob-" [Gol-lum] "Hobi-" [Gol-lum]
"He's sick..." N interjected calmly. "He's--"
"Really?" Nero chirped. "Never woulda guessed. Where did you get your degree, your majesty? The University of No-Fucking-Shit?"
"I vote that we put it out of its misery." Cold added bluntly. The Frost Demon raised his foot once again.
"Just... wait," N sighed. "If we can calm him down--"
"Look at him. There's no calming it down." Cold replied matter-of-factly. "You're questions are simply riling it up further. Might as well save ourselves the trouble and---"

The whir of the spinning marble pricked Smeagol's old ears. His eyes widened. His screaming finally ceased. He slipped from Mat's grasp like a sweaty, wet fish and galloped across the camp on his hands and knees. Gollum's eyes locked onto Aang's trinket. He didn't dare blink.
"Again! Again!" He squealed, clapped and pleaded. "Again! Again!"
View attachment 8606
"Please! Shows us! Shows us! We hasn't seem wizard trickses since... since..." His eyes went glassy. He stared straight through the marble for a second or two. Click. He snapped back to reality. "More trickses! More! More! Shows us fire works! Shows us fireworks!"
"You were saying, Cold?" N placed his hands in his pockets, a warm smile pinned to his face. He couldn't take his eyes off the joyful.... thing Aang had created. "Something about us being unable to calm him down?"
"I'll never understand you obsession with such fragile things, N..." Cold muttered, quickly changing the topic. "Such a worthless creature... It's unworthy of our attention." The King nestled himself back down in the dunes. "Kill him. Release him. I care not. I was my hands of this situation... so long as he remains quiet..."
"I would expect you to understand..." N mumbled, returning to the creature's side. "I fear that compassion is lost to you. But even a self-serving soul like you has to acknowledge that it's... funny..."
"Hm?"
"We've been travelling for months." N lowered his voice, concealing his word from the party's latest addition. "In all that time, have you seen anything resembling intelligent life? Or any life, for that matter? This 'Smeagol' is proof that there are living things out here!"
"Yeah... I'm sure the folks back home will be thrilled to hear about the scrawny-mutant-dwarves living in their back yard..."
"Smeagol may be unique... but have you heard of a creature than can survive without water?"
The camp fell silent.
"Besides. By the sound of things, Smeagol has met 'manzies' before."
"You're saying that he knows more than he's letting on?"
"Maybe. There's only one way to find out..."

“I don’t think he knows what he knows,” Mat snarked. “But more helpful alive then dead, that’s for sure.” He looked on at Gollum’s wonder at the “magic” trick. It seemed like as long as they kept him docile there wouldn’t be any problems. “Best not to swamp him with questions though,” Mat remarked to N and the others. “Wouldn’t want to fry his mind with complicated things like ‘where’s water’ or ‘what out here in the desert’s going to get us killed’. Keep it short and simple.”

@Sark @Takumi @Capri @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Expedition

“I don’t think he knows what he knows,” Mat snarked. “But more helpful alive then dead, that’s for sure.” He looked on at Gollum’s wonder at the “magic” trick. It seemed like as long as they kept him docile there wouldn’t be any problems. “Best not to swamp him with questions though,” Mat remarked to N and the others. “Wouldn’t want to fry his mind with complicated things like ‘where’s water’ or ‘what out here in the desert’s going to get us killed’. Keep it short and simple.”
E X P E D I T I O N
"Water?" Smeagol chirped, his ears twitching. His eyes flicked across to wasteland and locked onto Mat. "You wants water?"
View attachment 8638
"We-We knows where you can find some! Yes! We knows!"
The creature frolicked and grinned. "We can leads you! Yes! Yes! We can leads you!"

Cold rolled his eyes.
"Oh he'll lead us alright..." The King groaned. "He'll lead us straight into Hell, no doubt..."

"No! No! No!"
Gollum protested. "Smeagol would never hurt new friend! Smeagol would never hurt Wizard's friends!"

He skipped over to Mat's side and offered him a hand.

"Come! Come! We'll shows you! Must hurry! Must be quick! Quick! Morning will be here! Nasty Sun! Hot! Hot! Bright and hot! Manzies like their water cool and fresh, yes? Hurry! Before it spoils!"

@Takumi @Capri @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Expedition​

View attachment 8485
Attackers:
LAND
NAVAL
AIR
LEADERS PRESENT
Pending​
Pending​
Pending​
Pending​
The Kingdom of Plasma​
4​
3​
2​
Ghetsis​
View attachment 8484
Defenders:
LAND
NAVAL
AIR
LEADERS PRESENT
3​
11-6
0​
Inside the Fortress.
View attachment 8486
"Oh?"
"I already have."

Outside the Fortress:
View attachment 8487

For as far as the eye of a downtrodden rodent could see, a white plain of ice held the rocky shores of Fort La Croix in place with a vice grip. Their weakness had always been technology. One couldn't expect man-things to understand the most straightforward concepts of sacrificing the self for innovation. As history has shown, time immemorial - it is those who abandon the false god of ethics that lead the scum-sucking masses to the future.

And it is those who never idolized such ideals in the first place that eave only the ashes of their failed competitors in their wake.

As Ghetsis concluded his assessment, the soft sound of clawed paws tapping against ice came from behind him. Grey Seer Thanquol held himself upright with his adorned staff, the horned warlock responding to the general with a silent snarl as he cast his gaze over the Brotherhood's prized city. Ever since the hood-adorned man-things began erecting all this filth atop his island, Thanquol has wanted nothing more than to rid of it, like popping a pus-filled zit.

The barrows and antediluvian tunnelways of Skavenblight were rife with chitter-talk. With no Council of Thirteen to police his many schemes, today would be the first day of his plan. A grimy, fanged grin unfolded along the Grey Seer's face as he watched the human city from afar. He turned his horned back towards Ghetsis.

"Hn hn hn heh heh. You truly are foolish-brave, man-thing. To risk your... rep-reputation by working with the likes of Skaven," the robed warlock clutched his staff, his tail whipping across the ice in excitement. "He he he. Mark of... a good ally, yes-yes. You see reason. This act of... ki-kindness will not go... unrewarded, mark my word-word."

"We take-keep our end of the deal. No rat will set a claw upon the mainland after this. You can trust me."

"I suggest you find-find cover -- the vermintide comes."

The horizon suddenly came alive with the sound of purposeful, yet unstable marching. Gangly, ratmen shadows begin to spill over a nearby hill onto the ice laid across the ocean, at first only a few Skaven slaves that were forced to take a position at the front of the horde, then rest of the army as an oncoming mass of men marched towards their enemy. Thanquol's grin grew even wider as the ice beneath him shuddered, a hulking silhouette of a Rat Ogre bowling through the Skavenblight frontlines.

"BONERIPPER, COME!"

View attachment 8645

Similar on the surface to the beasts encountered in Mordor, this particular monster was even more of an abomination - rotten sinews hold much of its pallid body together, its head naught but bone save for the few strings of meat still hanging from its bony jaw. With a guttural noise from Thanquol, Boneripper gently lifted him atop his back, the Grey Seer taking his seat of command high above the sniffing heads of his minions.

When the first mortars began to fire, the battle had begun.

The ice shuddered and cracked beneath the weight of their footsteps. They began to run. The Skaven ranks were far more disorganized than what would be expected of a human army. A tide of fur and blades surged towards the gates of La Croix from across the ice, hushed chitters and whispers picked up into a high screech of triumph and savagery.

It was once again a vision from a nightmare. Furred bodies skittered across the ice with their weapons in hand, larger black-furred rats commanding the legions with fear and ferocity as they barked orders to their units. Thanquol took point behind the front ranks atop Boneripper, the unmistakable hulking shadow of his bodyguard moving to the rear of his army when the mortar fire began to rain fire upon the hordes.

Regardless of what the Brotherhood did to stall the approach of the Skaven army, their horde crashed against the walls of La Croix like a tidal wave against rocks. Smaller contingents of clanrats began to heave large wooden ladders from the far end of the army, attempting to mount them against the stone walls of the fortress. Other rats started to scrape and smash against the front gates, finding themselves sitting ducks for whatever - and whomever - the Brotherhood had in place to stall an assault on the gates.

Thanquol bid his time. Despite the unending numbers and ferocity of the Skaven, he knew that his minions couldn't punch through the front gates. They could shriek and chitter and cause a great big fuss that would alarm much of the man-things forces to attend to the walls like the mongrel pups that they are.

Thanquol would bide his time, and wait.

LAND FORCES DEDICATED: 8

COMMANDERS:
THANQUOL, ???

@Sark

E X P E D I T I O N
"Water?" Smeagol chirped, his ears twitching. His eyes flicked across to wasteland and locked onto Mat. "You wants water?"
View attachment 8638
"We-We knows where you can find some! Yes! We knows!"
The creature frolicked and grinned. "We can leads you! Yes! Yes! We can leads you!"

Cold rolled his eyes.
"Oh he'll lead us alright..." The King groaned. "He'll lead us straight into Hell, no doubt..."

"No! No! No!" Gollum protested. "Smeagol would never hurt new friend! Smeagol would never hurt Wizard's friends!"

He skipped over to Mat's side and offered him a hand.

"Come! Come! We'll shows you! Must hurry! Must be quick! Quick! Morning will be here! Nasty Sun! Hot! Hot! Bright and hot! Manzies like their water cool and fresh, yes? Hurry! Before it spoils!"

@Takumi @Capri @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Expedition​

Some of the Death Guard was ready to follow after but Mat stopped them. This was already such a precarious situation and he didn’t want this creature to regress again now that they managed to calm it down. It looked so…weird. “So how come you ended up here?” Mat tried with some small talk is it dragged him towards the supposed water source. “Everyone got dragged here to Patchworld from another world so which one are you from?”

@Sark @Takumi @Capri @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Expedition

For as far as the eye of a downtrodden rodent could see, a white plain of ice held the rocky shores of Fort La Croix in place with a vice grip. Their weakness had always been technology. One couldn't expect man-things to understand the most straightforward concepts of sacrificing the self for innovation. As history has shown, time immemorial - it is those who abandon the false god of ethics that lead the scum-sucking masses to the future.

And it is those who never idolized such ideals in the first place that eave only the ashes of their failed competitors in their wake.

As Ghetsis concluded his assessment, the soft sound of clawed paws tapping against ice came from behind him. Grey Seer Thanquol held himself upright with his adorned staff, the horned warlock responding to the general with a silent snarl as he cast his gaze over the Brotherhood's prized city. Ever since the hood-adorned man-things began erecting all this filth atop his island, Thanquol has wanted nothing more than to rid of it, like popping a pus-filled zit.

The barrows and antediluvian tunnelways of Skavenblight were rife with chitter-talk. With no Council of Thirteen to police his many schemes, today would be the first day of his plan. A grimy, fanged grin unfolded along the Grey Seer's face as he watched the human city from afar. He turned his horned back towards Ghetsis.

"Hn hn hn heh heh. You truly are foolish-brave, man-thing. To risk your... rep-reputation by working with the likes of Skaven," the robed warlock clutched his staff, his tail whipping across the ice in excitement. "He he he. Mark of... a good ally, yes-yes. You see reason. This act of... ki-kindness will not go... unrewarded, mark my word-word."

"We take-keep our end of the deal. No rat will set a claw upon the mainland after this. You can trust me."

"I suggest you find-find cover -- the vermintide comes."

The horizon suddenly came alive with the sound of purposeful, yet unstable marching. Gangly, ratmen shadows begin to spill over a nearby hill onto the ice laid across the ocean, at first only a few Skaven slaves that were forced to take a position at the front of the horde, then rest of the army as an oncoming mass of men marched towards their enemy. Thanquol's grin grew even wider as the ice beneath him shuddered, a hulking silhouette of a Rat Ogre bowling through the Skavenblight frontlines.

"BONERIPPER, COME!"

View attachment 8645

Similar on the surface to the beasts encountered in Mordor, this particular monster was even more of an abomination - rotten sinews hold much of its pallid body together, its head naught but bone save for the few strings of meat still hanging from its bony jaw. With a guttural noise from Thanquol, Boneripper gently lifted him atop his back, the Grey Seer taking his seat of command high above the sniffing heads of his minions.

When the first mortars began to fire, the battle had begun.

The ice shuddered and cracked beneath the weight of their footsteps. They began to run. The Skaven ranks were far more disorganized than what would be expected of a human army. A tide of fur and blades surged towards the gates of La Croix from across the ice, hushed chitters and whispers picked up into a high screech of triumph and savagery.

It was once again a vision from a nightmare. Furred bodies skittered across the ice with their weapons in hand, larger black-furred rats commanding the legions with fear and ferocity as they barked orders to their units. Thanquol took point behind the front ranks atop Boneripper, the unmistakable hulking shadow of his bodyguard moving to the rear of his army when the mortar fire began to rain fire upon the hordes.

Regardless of what the Brotherhood did to stall the approach of the Skaven army, their horde crashed against the walls of La Croix like a tidal wave against rocks. Smaller contingents of clanrats began to heave large wooden ladders from the far end of the army, attempting to mount them against the stone walls of the fortress. Other rats started to scrape and smash against the front gates, finding themselves sitting ducks for whatever - and whomever - the Brotherhood had in place to stall an assault on the gates.

Thanquol bid his time. Despite the unending numbers and ferocity of the Skaven, he knew that his minions couldn't punch through the front gates. They could shriek and chitter and cause a great big fuss that would alarm much of the man-things forces to attend to the walls like the mongrel pups that they are.

Thanquol would bide his time, and wait.

LAND FORCES DEDICATED: 8

COMMANDERS:
THANQUOL, ???
L A N D: Battle for Fort La Croix
In which our the Skaven-Plasma Alliance holds the advantage.
skvb-png.8485

Attackers:
LAND
NAVAL
AIR
LEADERS PRESENT
8​
Pending​
Pending​
Thanquol, ???​
The Kingdom of Plasma​
4​
3​
2​
Ghetsis​
ac-png.8484

Defenders:
LAND
NAVAL
AIR
LEADERS PRESENT
3​
11-6
0​
Fort La Croix
"Bravery, Folly... you're right to compare the two." Ghetsis snorted. "But worry not. Everything I do, I do with the utmost calculation."
With a wave of his hand, the Agents of Plasma charged forth. A wave of snarling Krookodiles rushed in the wake of the Rat Orges and joined them in their assault on the Fort's walls.
"In victory or in defeat, it's not my on the name on the line. No... it's King N's---"

WASTELAND--> CAVERN PATH
View attachment 8654
"We came here long ago." Gollum chirped, half-leading, half-dragging Mat across the wastes and down a rocky, damp path. The moisture in the air was a good sign. It was easier to breathe. Easier to think. The stone walls that rose slowly to form a canopy over head. The path became a cave, and the cave grew dark.
"Yes, long, long time. Before Vesuvies. Before Skavies. Yes. Yes. We came first. There was only Matati and Nam and Lithlad..." Gollum snickered. "And Smeagol..."
"Knowing about the Matati..." N muttered to himself. "That much I'd expect... but to know about his servant? That's something else entir---"
The Earth at the Explorers' feet began to tremble. Pebbles danced and skipped at their feet. A light stream of dust trickled down from the ceiling. As soon as the tremors began, they suddenly stopped.
N's hand drifted to his belt. He removed a single Pokeball from its clip.
"Everyone... Stay close..."
FORT LA CROIX
"Even now, our brave king ventures off into the unknown..." Ghetsis' hand drifted to his belt. He removed a single Pokeball from its clip. "But he's about to find himself under equipped for the trials that lie ahead of him..."
CAVERN PATH

The tremors returned twice as violently.
View attachment 8655
"The filthy thing has led us into a trap!" Cold bellowed, his aura flaring. "I warned you! I warned you!"
"No! No! We didn't means it!" Gollum released Mat's hand and stumbled back across the cave. He raised his hands in fear. "She was supposed to be sleeping! Sleeping!"
N raised his eyes towards the shaking cavern roof.
"Ninjask..." He muttered calmly, pressing down upon the button on the Pokeball's face. "We're going to need a hand here. We're going to need you to use protect... We're going to need to biggest barrier you've got... can you do that for me?"
Click
Click
Click

No Pokemon appeared.
FORT LA CROIX
Ghetsis threw 'his' Pokeball down onto the ice. A twitching Ninjask appeared before the pair.
Spr_5b_291.png

"Ninjask... Go assist the Skaven. Do what you..." The Ninjask stared back at the general in confusion. "Don't worry. Your 'master' will return soon... though I can't promise how many pieces he shall be in when he returns..."
In a flash of gold, the creature vanished.
"You see, Skaven, the world is changing, and it's changing fast. Mordor. Fortuna. They're itching for war. It's only a matter of time before it reaches our shores... and when it does, we will have no need for bleeding hearts and softened souls..." Ghetsis limped a step closer to the front lines. "No. The Kingdom of Plasma needs steel. It needs fire. It needs me. N has been an excellent puppet for our will, but his image will only harm Plasma in the coming conflict. Our Kingdom must be feared. The Blockade is the first step towards the goal... but it's not enough. With the Crown of Plasma upon my head and you as my ally, however, no man would dare to cross us. I look forward to our partnership, Thanqoul... I truly do..."
CAVERN PATH
"They're gone..." N muttered to himself in disbelief. "My Pokemon... All of them... Gone..."
"I don't know what you're talking about, pal..." Nero grumbled, revving the hilt of his sword. "But your tone doesn't exactly inspire confidence..."
"We're in trouble..." N replied, tensely. "Golum!" He snapped with conviction. "You said something was sleeping down here? What are we dealing with?"
The creature simply whimpered his response and pressed himself further against the cave's wall.
"He's fooled us once before!" Cold screamed. "You'd be a fool to trust him now! A f--"

[BOOM]

The earth at the explorer's feet broke away. A brown blur cut through the rising smoke. Cold was swallowed whole before he could finish his sentence.
View attachment 8656
"SSSHHHHHHHHHAAAAA!"
The Were-Wyrm unleashed an ungodly howl.
The Assassin of Shinjuku. Adewale. Nero. N. Reno. Rude. Chrom. Vulgora. Mat. All of their guards.
With a single sweep of the great beast's tail, they were all sent hurtling down into the gaping hole the Wyrm had carved through the Cavern. The only souls left above ground were Smeagol and Aang, the latter of which had been saved by the former. Gollum bit down upon the scruff of the Airbender's shirt and dragged him back from the ledge. But the Wyrm didn't spare the stragglers another moment of thought. It turned its attention back towards the Explorers bellow it.
View attachment 8657
The Leader's falls were only broken by the freshly picked-bones of that last damned fools to venture into the wastes. The enormous Wyrm slithered back down into its hole. It opened its 7 jaws and screamed again. A foul stench washed over the Explorers. The smell grew worse and worse as the beast charged forth, seeking to swallow as many as the Explorers as it could in a single, greedy mouthful.
Boss
The Were-Wyrn of the Cavern Path
Land: 13

FORT LA CROIX
Inside the Fort
"HOLD THE LINE!" Chevalier cried, futilely kicking down another Skaven ladder. For ever one he felled, two dozen more seemed to take its place. His sword was already black with blood. The battle had barely been going on for 5 minutes. He had already counted 3 deserters. He had already counted too many corpses. With a valiant hiss, he severed the jaw of another Skaven and tossed it back down towards the ogres bellow. One down. Countless more to go. Two more assassins rushed to his side. A tankard of burning rum rained down upon the skaven siege-breakers. It wasn't enough. It would never be enough. The Fortress' walls were already shaking. La Croix was built to endure mortar fire. It was built to endure naval attacks. Its architects could have never anticipated an assault like this. "WE JUST NEED TO HOLD ON! WE CAN STILL MAKE IT!" The General lied. "THINK OF YOUR SONS! YOUR DAUGHTERS! WE'RE DOING THIS FOR THEM! GOD WILL DELIVER US! THE FLEET WILL BREAK THE BLOCKADE! WE STILL HAVE---"

[BOOM]

Another Brotherhood ship was sent down the Locker. Flames rose from its shattered hull. Its crew swam for their lives. Terrified looks were burned onto their faces. They couldn't bring themselves to return to La Croix. Not while the Skaven lived. Chevalier turned his eyes towards the seas. He turned his eyes towards the remnants of his fleet and the Mainland Colony they sought to liberate from behind the Plasma Blockade.
"No... ça ne peut pas être...."
Smoke poured from the Brotherhood's ports. Corpses littered the market. The few survivors of the massacre knelt before their overlords in the town's square. It wasn't Plasma's handiwork. No. It wasn't their style. A flagpole was rammed through the chest of the city's governor. The crest of the Bright Lord fluttered overhead.
View attachment 8658
It had all occurred precisely as the Bright Lord had planned it. Ever since the Battle of the Black Coast, Talion had been moving his pieces into position. The Brotherhood was never meant to win that battle. The Blockade was always meant to stain the seas. Even the Skaven-Brotherhood war had been accounted for. The Bright Lord needed a distraction. He needed to divide the Brotherhood's forces. He needed the Mainland Colony to be isolated. Vulnerable. Ripe for the taking.

The Navy of the Kingdom of the Brotherhood:
11-->
The Brotherhood Vessels contained behind the blockade have been seized by the Kingdom of Mordor.

The Navy of the Kingdom of the Brotherhood:
6-->5
The Plasma Navy has felled another Brotherhood Vessel. The Brotherhood's morale is failing them.

But it had never been about ships. No. There were more valuable things at stake.

The Kingdom of Mordor has annexed the Brotherhood's Mainland Colony.
If the Kingdom of the Brotherhood is defeated at the Battle of Fort La Croix, the Kingdom will be eliminated.
With the Mainland Colony under its control, the influence of Mordor has increased significantly. Talion's Orcs wasted no time. They had already started stripping the land for all it was worth.

The Kingdom of Mordor:
Navy: 0+6 Land: 1+6 Air: 3+4
A lone assassin ignited a nearby braiser. It was one final, futile call for help.

@Jeremi

Back