Vessel of the gods (Space Fantasy Exploration RP)

Terribly sorry about my silence. I had an university entrance exam this wednesday and will have my next one this friday.

I would like to start soon, I was just giving Enki some time to finish his sheet, bearing in mind his exams. I myself am having weekend guests, which might make it more difficult. So I say we start tomorrow night: That will give Enki a chance to catch up and me plenty of time to compose our OP with nieces and nephews hanging around. Sound good to everyone?

Hey guys, So sorry about this, but I'm gonna need to be postponed until tomorrow morning. That OP is just not quite ready and I'm extremely tired.

Hey,

I would like to apologise for my silence. I will get my cs and planet info posted later today.

I have one question, as I feel like I am making my planet info a bit too scientific: Is it allowed to have humans on a habitable moon where they ended up on due to a faulty experiment in the first place and later managed to survive and turn into a civilization there?

Name: Alexia tis Stratiotikys
Sex: Female
Race: Human

World of Racial Origin: Konia
General Description of Homeland:
- Konia is a moon of a gas giant that was colonized by a group of mages and colonists by accident when a teleportation spell went wrong. It possessed an atmosphere and an emerging flora that gave the colonists a chance at surviving here. Though alien in its appearance the colonists were allured by the beauty of its red rocks and lush fauna that assimilated with their brought seeds for farming and created a new amalgamation of the old world and the new world's nature.
- But all of that changed the very moment a set of mages got a crazy new idea of creating machineries fueled by none other than small gems that were native to the moon and which a wizard can fill with magic. This kickstarted what was later the creation of weapons and artifacts capable of things only wizards could. These new artifacts lead to creation of a new invention called automation, fueled by the power of wizcores - name of the magic-filled gems on the moon - which lead to new organization of the society. Wizards lost their importance in the fields of war, healing, and conjuration, and in return workers and craftsmen who worked in construction of the automation and different machineries. While Wizards did not lose their importance in the moon, it certainly was diminished to simple scientific research and creation of wizcores. Wizards who once held sizable political power ended up becoming the new wealthy class due to the importance of their wizcores that they created in the initial years of industrialization, while the newer generations became simpler scientists who explored the arcane and its secrets.
- As one would expect, wealth centered around the wizards of higher class, nobility and the political elite of varying nations that the poor who worked in the factories were left with little to spend themselves. What was worse is the fact how work in the factories was dangerous whenever a depleted wizcore is not removed from their attached machineries in time. After years of accidental wizcore explosions and a lack of regulations - along with several other factors - the workers protested, and the protests slowly devolved into a rebellion and finally a civil war.
- Civil war was long and brutal, with the ruling class of the civilization being overthrown and a temporary council representing the people being set up. What came next was a diaspora for the wizards, nobility and royalty, and what it left in its wake was a braindrain and sudden drop in the productivity, as amount of people capable of creating wizcores plummeted. Progress of the society stagnated, but civilization is still there and existant. Over the course of the years vanguardism emerged, with a group of select individuals ruling over the populance with all the power hanging on them. What started off once as a large-scale commune quickly turned into an oligarchy where everyone's paycheck was, on paper, the same.

Description
Alexia is a tan woman clad in a set of somewhat fancy red military uniform, with some patchwork fixes all around her uniform made out of different shades of red. She carries with her a wizcore-fueled rifle that shoots forth minor arcane bolts. She managed to take with her a large quantity of wizcores from her homeworld, but due to the lack of access to the mines she has to use her wizcores sparingly. What may have once been a pretty woman at a younger age has turned into a grizzled civil war veteran whose face no longer reeks of beauty, as her face has burnmarks cover her neck, along with a pocket of scar tissue on her right cheek. She kept a somewhat long white hair that was donned up into a pony tail. She carries with herself some schematics and blueprints for crafting items.

Biography
Alexia was once a wizard living in one of the many cities of Konya. She lived a happy life for the last 30 years, with her having become a craftsman who specialized in making wizcores enchantable and then creating special crafted artifacts that use specific wizcores - as many among the wealthy find unique and one-of-a-kind artifacts as status symbols. Her life came to a sudden halt when the news reached from the capital - Autokrator of all Konyans was slain in an unrestful riot that slowly evolved into riot in the capital. The unrest quickly spread across the cities as the workers who worked in the factories related to massproduction of the very same products that middle class and lower class could afford started to riot. In time the crisis was world-wide and people had to take sides.

Alexia took the side of the wealthy and they, while having majority of the army on their side, were outnumbered. The century of industrialization has made many of the wizards forget how to use their spells offensively, as there had been no large-scale wars until now. The war was long and bloody, having lasted about four years until it was properly over. Many of the army switched sides, and more just fled to the countryside. After the four years Alexia saw enough pain and suffering to know that the war was not winnable by any chance. She had lost many of her friends and close ones that she was on the edge of just surrendering.

And then like a miracle in the sky the vessel of the gods emerged. Alexia was saved from the torment and she happily joined its crew. She wishes to one day return back to her homeworld so that she may liberate it from what ever terror remains there. She wishes to avenge her lost comrades and ensure that future generations won't have to suffer what she did, and bring back the old order that she once lived in and lived for.

Motivations
Alexia's motivation is simple: Liberation of her home from the chaos and tyranny that ensued. She intends on travelling across the worlds with the goal of setting up necessary contacts and relations with as many people as possible who may be able to help her at taking back her home that she so misses.

Strengths (list at most 2)
- Civil war veteran
As a veteran - and on the losing side - of a civil war she has gained experience in the field of a war that was fought far differently than is fought elsewhere. Her knowledge of guerrilla fighting and subterfuge makes her an excellent fighter and tactician.
- Wizcore craftsman
She belonged to the middle class of the society where wizards mainly used their expertise in creating new wizcores and differing artifacts that used said wizcores as their batteries.

Weaknesses (list at least 2)
- Crippling Addiction(Alcohol)
Alright, it may not be crippling, but withdrawal sure as hell causes her to easily be irritated and be at a suboptimal state.
- Fear of the poor
After seeing the poor rise up and wage a bloody war made her extremely afraid of the poor people, often trying her best to ensure she is above the poor and that they can't hurt her, no matter what. They already tried to kill her once with mobrule, who said they can't do it again?
- Lack of offensive spells
Like a shameful wizard she can't use magic to protect herself directly. In a peaceful society and as a non-scientist there was no other reason to use magic than to further her craft.
- The brown scare
Every once so often Alexia suffers from memories related to the civil war and its tragedies. She made many wrong decisions in the early years and lost so many people that she once knew. It is during these moments when she is at her most vulnerable. She has a distinct dislike of brown clothing because of the brown coats that the workers in the civil war wore.

Hey Guys, sorry about the radio silence. Back now, and I'll be working on that OP now.

@Enki: While your planet seems a bit advanced, I really do like it. I'm going to give it the 'go ahead', on one condition: I would apreciate it if Alexia used her magic rifle as sparingly as possible. After all, I would think it be really hard to make the wizcore bullets without the factories.

Hey Guys, sorry about the radio silence. Back now, and I'll be working on that OP now.

@Enki: While your planet seems a bit advanced, I really do like it. I'm going to give it the 'go ahead', on one condition: I would apreciate it if Alexia used her magic rifle as sparingly as possible. After all, I would think it be really hard to make the wizcore bullets without the factories.
Yes, true. THat is what I was worried about. WOuld you be fine if we would tone it down a bit? + I thought on making her be more of a sniper if we ever get to combat, so she stays in the back and avoids wasting her bullets so much. And I thought on avoiding on exploring the craftsmanship side of her powerset until much, MUCH later. I am curious if you have some ideas of your own as to how we could tone down.

Hey guys! Sorry; I see now that their are some questions I missed. What you did was fine, @Blue winter rose , absolutely.
@Enki : I'm not certainly opposed to the idea for the character as she is, just so long as firing her gun is held back by scarcity of material, or perhaps if it was not inherently superior to all other weapons. Which of those is up to you, really.

Anyways, been meaning to post for days but been pretty busy/distracted. Expect something from my IC tomorrow morning, though!

Back