Open Vitae Medical Cruiser

"There's a lot more to have for breakfast than oatmeal, it's just what I have generally as it's a healthier option." He remarked with a small chuckle, he hadn't thought about how strange it must have been to just now realize that she had only been having one sort of breakfast for about a month now. Maybe this would be a good treat for her than. He nodded along as she affirmed that she would help by cutting the fruits, he listened as she prepared but his eyes were still focused on getting the pancakes finished just right. He'd hate to mess them up the first time that she was having a chance to try them.

His first finished, he set it aside on a plate after pulling it down before moving on to the next. As Agape finished with the fruit his second had just finished, so he added it to the stack and smiled at Agape as she returned to his side. "It takes some time to do it right, but I'll be able to take them over with you in just a moment; can you get me one more plate?" He asked kindly as he got to work on the third pancake. 2 each sounded fine for now, and he could go from there if she really wanted some more; both were of a decent size so he wasn't all that worried about giving her too little.

Agape noted that oatmeal was a healthier option, not that she cared one way or the other. She merely liked things that tasted nice, so long as it was good she would eat it. Hearing him speak she smiled again and nodded sparing a glance to the fluffy objects in the pan before walking over to the cabinet and grabbing a plate. Once she had the plate he walked back over to him holding it for a moment before placing it on the counter. She patiently waited watching with great interest.

Daniel slid the 3rd pancake onto the plate Agape set down and got to work on a 4th, having a frying table may have helped here but he was only used to cooking for himself most of the time but with Agape staying now.. It might be worth looking into. Daniel flipped over the 4th and let it finish before setting it down on the second plate, turning off the flame and setting the pan down quickly. "Thank you Agape." He remarked kindly before pulling out a bottle of syrup from the back of one of the cabinets, it had been a while since he had used it but it kept well so he was fortunate.

He set it down for a moment before moving on to cutting the pancakes, he enjoyed pouring the syrup over after cutting so that it could soak inside a little easier. "There's a few different ways to enjoy these, so if I make them again you're welcome to try a few different things," Daniel started explaining, cutting each plate's pancakes into eights before he popped the cap of the syrup and began to pour. "There's even different flavors of syrup, and different mixes for these that would change the flavor, but put simply these are called pancakes." He remarked with a smile as he finished, closing the cap and putting the bottle away. He quickly moved back to the fridge, pulling out the stick of butter he had initially used and taking a dollop out of it with a spoon before smacking each down on top and smoothing it over with the back of the spoon. "All finished."

Daniel set the butter and used utensils away before grabbing each plate and bringing it back to the common area, setting both down beside the couch before having a content sigh of relief.

Agape watched him flip the pancake with great interest, it seemed that the side closest to the heat stopped being liquid and turned into a bread-like thing. When he thanked her sh smiled, moving her hands behind her back. "Daniel is most welcome." She continued to watch closely as he pulled out the syrup and then cut each pancake into sections. Her eyes lit up with delight and her stomach growled in response. She looked like a puppy waiting for a delicious treat. Agape listened as he spoke and nodded in response her eyes shimmering with excitement all the while. "pancakes and seerup." Her words were spoken with awe as though she was saying something precious, though it was simply because she was hungry and excited.

When the drop of butter fell on the pancakes she gave a small happy clap reaching in the drawer to grab two forks before following him to the common area. She plopped down on the couch sitting one fork on the table for him and swung her legs. "I am giving Daniel many thanks." Agape smiled wide and leaned over after he would sit to kiss him on the cheek. Grabbing the plate she stabbed her fork into the pancake and shoved it him her mouth. As the taste hit her taste buds her eyes lit up and she looked at him amazed. She chewed and swallows before speaking, the syrup coating her lips. "This is most delicious, like little clouds of sugar!"

Having had Agape watch so intensely made him excited for her to try the end result, her excitement hardly contained through her expressions so that after he had a few moments to rest his eyes found their way back to Agape as she set the forks down for both of them. He smiled as she kissed his cheek, "You're welcome Agape." He returned kindly, watching intently as she leaned forward and stabbed through one of the pancake pieces. The moment she tasted it he held back a small chuckle as her eyes brightened and her gaze returned to him, her eager chewing letting him know all that he needed to.

"It's a lot of sugar, so it's very sweet; I figured that you'd like it." He spoke kindly with a small laugh, but as he noticed the syrup on her lips he leaned in. "But you have to be careful with the syrup, it gets sticky if it gets anywhere." Daniel kissed her deeply, feeling the sticky syrup on her lips but he refrained from laughing further before pulling away after a few moments; licking his lips to get red of the syrup he had taken from her.

When he laughed she smiled and nodded, "Is my new favorite breakfast!" She hadn't noticed the syrup until he kissed her, she turned pink but kissed him back. She watched him lick his lip and looked at him before smiling, laughing a little she bit her lip. "Now Daniel's lips are sticky." She copied his movement of licking her own lips enjoying the flavor of the syrup. Turning back to her plate she took another bite humming at the flavor. "When will we start to leave?" Agape spoke after swallowing another bite, she looked at him curiously. She hadn't felt the take-off and wasn't quite certain how the ship worked so she had no knowledge of them leaving already.

Daniel laughed to himself as she settled down, nodding along as she affirmed that his lips were now sticky too before busying himself with eating his own pancakes. He got two mouthfuls in rather quickly, savoring the sweetness while he could before his attention shifted back towards Agape as she spoke. Clearing his throat he managed a small smile, "We're actually already on the way, the ship can travel on it's own thankfully - it only needs me in case of emergencies or manual entry, which might come up for landing." He remarked calmly before getting another bite into his pancakes.

He set down the fork and reached for the fruits, taking the orange slices and biting into them; letting the flavor contrast the pancakes sweetness.

Agape grabbed another bite enjoying the flavor again and thinking about the ship landing on her planet. They would have to land on a leveled plain Atania was surrounded by mountains but there was a patch of ice crystals near the path that led through them. She finished her pancakes rather quickly, absent-mindedly eating while she thought about where they should land. When she finished she held the fork in her mouth as she thought, just enjoying the syrup that covered it. Pulling the fork from her mouth she turned to Daniel. "You cannot land in the mountains, but, there is a patch of land near the path to Atania. Nothing will harm your ship, the Xein live far up the mountains so we will no be attacked either. And the path is a fairly short walk. You would be able to see the lands of Xolmeani while we walk as well. There are many creatures on the way, they are all very friendly too!" She smiled turning her attention to the fruit she grabbed a bit of each fruit, sitting them in the syrup before picking them up with her fingers to eat. The syrup coated her fingers and hand so she took a moment to lick the syrup off. Pancakes were proving to be a bit messier than she thought.

As Daniel finished the orange he moved back to his pancakes, this time dedicated to finishing them off. He made short work of the first, chewing happily as Agape started licking up the rest of the syrup from her fork. Thankfully the mouthful of food kept him from chuckling at the sight. When she mentioned the mountainous region he nodded along, keeping it in mind when they had to search for a place to land but he kept eating for a while longer. "I'll ask for some help guiding me there then when we get closer, but we should be able to find it pretty easily from above." He mentioned calmly, his throat clear before he continued eating.

He had just finished his pancakes when he glanced back towards Agape, this time he had to laugh a bit as he watched her continue to dip more fruit into the syrup. Definitely a once every now and again breakfast, unless her people just loved sugar and could handle it no problem. He'd have to look into that for her. "You're going to stay a bit sticky, even after licking it off if you do it like that." He quipped with a smirk, "But if you just dip it in on one end and hold the one without syrup you might have a better time."

Agape nodded when he said he would ask for her help and proceeded to eat the syrup. There were sweet fruits on Xolmeani but this was a lot better, though she wasn't sure if it was because Daniel made it or if it just tasted that way. When he stated she was going to be stickier even after licking it off her hands unless she dipped it in she stopped licking her hand and glanced at the fruit. Licking the syrup from her lips she picked up a strawberry and dipped the end of it in the syrup before biting it. She chewed and swallowed before turning to Daniel. "This is much less sticky." She chuckled and finished the fruit on her plate. When she was done she sat her plate on the table opening and closing her fingers since they were sticky.

"My hands are very sticky...I will wash them." She stood still opening and closing her fingers for a moment before grabbing her plate and walking to the kitchen to clean both her hands and the plate. She hummed as she did so scrubbing o get the syrup residue off her hands.

Daniel nodded with a sly grin as he watched her resort to a cleaner method of eating her fruit, holding back from chuckling further when she admitted that it was less sticky that way for her. "At least you're enjoying it." He remarked kindly, reaching for a banana, peeling and biting into it as he watched her mop off what was left on her plate.

When she started stretching her fingers he found the sight adorable. "Use a lot of soap, it'll help a bit but it might feel sticky even after that." Daniel got out between mouthfuls, finishing his banana shortly after before reaching for his own plate and following suit towards the kitchen. He set his dishware down on the counter and wrapped his arms around Agape as she washed her hands, resting his chin on her shoulder as he listened happily to her humming.

Agape looked up at him when he wrapped his arms around her and smiled, before going back to scrubbing her hands and humming. When she rinsed off her hands she grabbed her plate and rinsed off the syrup before scrubbing it clean, and repeated the same thing for his plate as well. Sitting them down to dry she lifted her hands still wet to poke his face. "My hands are not sticky anymore. But they are wet." She laughed before looking back down and grabbing the drying towel for her hands.

After drying her hands she turned to give him a small hug before looking at him, "Daniel, do not worry I will translate for my family. I will help you practice hello and things until we reach Xolmeani. This way my mother will be most impressed." Agape smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek happily.

Daniel was content with just resting there and listening to her hum as she worked on cleaning her hands and her plate, his eyes closed as he got a moment of respite before her wet hand poked his face and his eyes jerked open. "And so is my cheek now." He retorted, laughing it off while she dried her hands and came in for a hug. He had been tempted to tease her back but she had gone fro such a heartwarming embrace so quickly it felt out of place, so he returned the hug and listened as she explained her plan. "I might be able to get the greetings down, but we'll be ready to start the landing procedure within the hour." Daniel remarked with a kind smile. "The rifts have a way of speeding travel up for us by a significant margin, but I can try to learn whatever I can while we're on the way."

An hour...Agape thought about how amazing it was that time could move so quickly in this rift as he called it. It had taken her often many days if not months to travel across Xolmeani. But, she was also on foot most of the time if not by carriage or animal. She smiled hearing him say he would learn, she would have to learn how to input her own language into the translator system. It shouldn't be hard for her but it would take time. Thinking about it she looked up at Daniel. "Is there a way to put Xolmeani language on the small device?" She tilted her head and bit curious and decided to lean back against the couldn't with her arms folded under her chest.

"If there is, then while Daniel is away I can put XOlmeani language to be translated. My mother will learn fast. It a part of her gift to share knowledge." Agape smiled thinking about her mother, a beautiful woman, adept and smart as well as powerful.

Agape's question got Daniel thinking, but he wasnt all that certain. Adding languages was never somethings g he had looked into before, but shouldn't be impossible considering rh variety that it had and with languages being added through development. "I dont know about adding it yourself, but it may be possible to get in touch with those that created the app and have them include your language in it. I can probably set that up so that you can talk to them and introduce yourself." Daniel remarked, still thinking it over.

"Depending on how involved your people want to get with the Nexus, your mother may even be able to help with that. We can set it up so your device can reach those that created it even on your planet, I'll have some family members bring some equipment over sometime if they get permission to do so."

"I will ask my mother, and my grandfather. My father will only agree if my mother says yes." Agape laughed, her dad practically worshiped her mother as though she was the goddess herself. Agape went to hug Daniel again, she would enjoy being alone with him for as long as she could. "I am sure my mother would love the Nexus, just like me." Agape chuckled a little, happy her world had been shifted. Agape looked up at him and leaned on her the tips of her feet to kiss him. She was a little disappointed she hadn't decided to leave tomorrow.

Daniel returned her embrace and kiss affectionately, keeping his arms around her waist so his hands would rest in the small of her back. "Well, let me know if there's anything I can do to help with the negotiations. My family's not shy to bring gifts, performers, or services if they think it'll provide a more beneficial relationship. They're probably already sending me messages and emails, or at least my parents as they await news." He remarked with a small chuckle, thinking just how much his family had to hold back due to his request from entering the planet quickly. Establishing relationships and connections were commonplace for the Vitae family, but this was unique simply due to Agape's connection and the planet's otherwise lack of knowledge regarding the Nexus and potentially other universes.

Agape smiled up at him, "Just be Daniel. As long as Daniel is Daniel it will be fine." Hearing about his family's eagerness to start relations with her people made her happy. "Oh! We should give your mother a picture too. So she can see Daniel's smiling face." Agape smiled wide still standing on her toes so she was close to him. She inhaled his lavender scent, it reminded her of their night before and she chuckled thinking about it. She would have to talk to her mm about this and wondered how Daniel would feel not understanding their language for the time being. She also wondered what his family would think of her home.

Daniel felt reassured when she mentioned that all he had to do was be himself and that it would be fine, letting out a breath of relief he nodded along as she remarked on giving his mother a photo too. "We can do that, I still have a few leftover and I can send them digitally to her as well; but she may appreciate a frame." He went on, unsure how she would appreciate a more sentimental gift but it definitely couldn't have hurt.

"Here, I have to go check on the monitor just to make sure we're clear but I'm not done holding you." Daniel said with a smirk, lowering his hands below her waist and behind her legs before he lifted her small frame up and started moving towards his chair. Making sure he was at the right angle by glancing behind him he took a seat, giving Agape room to adjust her legs as needed before he started looking through their flight route.

She was happy to hear his mother would receive a gift, she would see if she could take some things from Xolmeani to gift his family, they had been a great help to her while she was there. When he said he had to check the monitor she nodded before yelping and quickly moving her hands to his neck as he picked her up. Agape flushed and hugged him leaning her face into his chin. She chuckled as he lowered himself, adjusting her legs as he sat down. Agape leaned into his neck and decided to mess with him, after all, she thought it was cute when Daniel turned reddish. She pressed her lips against his neck and gave him small gentle kisses.

Back