Akashic Arcana VOID

Aer Shiana

"Why.. is everything.. so far.. apart?" Artoria was utterly tired and out of breath by the time she reached her destination, following the recruitment for the Disciplinary Committee. She lost track of how much running and walking she had done in just one day, more so than when she was being trained back home. Her legs were feeling quite the burn, though the Princess was doing her best to ignore it.

Entering the Student Council Hall building, Artoria approached the reception desk, asking to visit the President. She was directed towards Vikki's office, but would instead be met by another familiar face, Xena Seihara. While not unwelcome, it still off-putting to be met by the Secretary instead of her own sister that she had initially sought out.

"U-uh, hello, Ms. Seihara." She knew that they already had a friendly relationship, but was unsure how formal she had to be in this instance. "I'd like to see my sister... if that's alright."

@jrusso20 @Katie

Xena hated this job. When the student council weren't in meetings, her only job would be acting as a glorified guard dog to Vikki's office. There were about a million other things she could be doing with her time right now, first and foremost being training. She didn't even have time to go and be with Viktoriya since she was all business when in the council offices, It bored the hell out of her.

Artoria would've found her restlessly pacing the halls muttering curses to herself under her breath before being startled by the little mage's sudden arrival. The surprise then faded into a relieved smile as she exclaimed. "Arty? Oh thank the gods, someone to talk too! I've been going crazy being stuck here. Vikki's right inside, do you need some time alone or can I join you two? Please tell me I can join you two." She pleaded with the small girl.

Viktoriya hummed a familiar tone, or rather a creepy Russian lullaby 'Tili tili bom (тили тили бом)'. It gave off a slightly eerie atmosphere as the student council president was working on a stack of virtual paperwork. Another topic at hand was Xena and Ruby's sanctioned duel, in which, she had already booked the Floating Island Arena for. Viktoria worked at three holo-terminals at once, and occasionally she would spin on her office chair to move on to the next computer. It was one of these humonculi traits that she was happy to possess. Or was it a simple part of her hard-working attitude?

In any case, she was interrupted by the sound of her door opening, she smiled towards the two girls happily before turning off her terminals. "Well... isn't it my two most favorite girls in the world?" She joking expressed with a chuckle. "Shall we go for some lunch?" She asked all of a sudden, most likely due to the fact that it was close to late afternoon.

Vikki smiled towards Artoria, she only held open her arms, waiting for her Ahren to run up for a big hug.

Artoria was taken aback at the sudden outburst that Xena gave, but it did help her relax a little, knowing that she wasn't insisting on strict formality. She let out a nervous giggle and said "Uh, sure, I don't see why you can't join us." She followed the Secretary in once the door was open, and seeing Viktoriya's face again quickly put a real smile on her face that made her forget all the torment she had gone through today.

Just like at the monorail station, Artoria dashed forward, diving into Vikki's arms and wrapping her own tightly around the President's waist. She didn't say anything. She didn't need to. Big Sis would know that Artoria was more than happy to see her back in perfect health. "I think it might be a little late for lunch, but I'm happy for any sort of activity where we can spend some time together." She glanced back toward Xena, and commented "She can come too, right? She said she was bored." It wasn't an attempt to rat Xena out, more an innocent way of her wanting to include the poor Secretary.

She nodded and let the young one inside to see Vikki. Blushing slightly as the president called her one of her most favorite girls in the world, she waited for the two to finish their big hug before placing a kiss of her own on Viktoriya's cheek. The two sisters were adorable together, Xena only hoped she wasn't getting in the way.

After though, Vikki asked if Artoria wanted to go to lunch, where Arty immediately ratted her out. Xena couldn't help but burst out laughing as the little heiress said so. "It's a good thing I'm not one for etiquette or that might've upset me, Arty." She said with a wink before turning to Vikki. "She's not wrong though. If this is how I'm gonna be spending my free time from now on, I'm bringing workout gear. I don't care how intimidating it makes things."

Viktoriya hugged Artoria extra tight this time as it was only three of them. She even picked her up slightly with her feet dangling for a moment before settling her sestra down. "Boop..." She said before poking Artoria's nose, followed by her signature forehead touch. Slightly flicking Artoria's head back as she gently ruffled up the girl's hair. "You know Ahren, both Xena and I just waited for you to show up. It has been a dreadful day, has it not?" She grinned knowingly towards Xena, the whole Ruby affair was taxing on both of them. Or at least Viktoriya.

Vikki smiled at the kiss from Xena, and she couldn't help but leaning in to steal an innocent kiss from her girlfriend's lips. When Xena confessed to how she felt about her job, Vikki couldn't help but express a soft chuckle. "Let's take a break before you do that. I'll reserve a table at La pLACE. You both fine with French dinner?" She smiled at both of them, and absentmindedly, Vikki had her right arm over Artoria's shoulders, pulling her practically closer to her.

A faint giggle would be heard as Artoria felt herself lifted off the ground. Times like this would remind Vikki and Xena just how young the Princess was. After the President did her usual way of greeting her, Artoria would let out a small sigh. "Dreadful.. is an understatement, I think." The sweet mood was soured as the young knight recalled all of today's events, her thoughts lingering on Jayden in more ways than one. "Today has been a very busy one."

Artoria looked sheepish when she realized what she had said "Ah, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that, Ms. Sai- er, Xena. I just meant- uh.." She truly had nothing to say in her defense, and her attempts to save face flopped hard. After stumbling over her words, she quickly changed the subject to address her sister "That sounds nice, Vikki." With the Russian girl's arm draped over her shoulder, the Princess could feel a sense of safety and comfort, and pressed herself closer. Xena might find it odd how childish Artoria acts, as it was a complete contrast to her attitude during the combat exam.

Xena couldn't help giggling at how adorably flustered Arty got when she got called out. She immediately ruffled up the poor kid's hair and gave her a sweet smile. "I'm just teasing, kiddo. Don't worry about it." She moved over to Vikki's left side and took her hand. It felt so odd to be so content with her life now after years of abuse and misery. Now in her final year at Arcadia, she'd found the love of her life, gotten an adorable little sister as a result, and possibly gave her parents some strong political connections with the Tzar of Russia and the King of Brittania. She hoped they'd be proud.

At Arty's mentioning of how dreadful her day was, Xena couldn't help asking. "Wait, is someone causing trouble for you? Is it that Jayden kid that Vikki paired you with? I told you he looked like a punk when we watched his exam footage." She said to Vikki, a disapproving look cast to her girlfriend. She didn't answer the question of dinner, because Vikki already knew the answer would be yes. Xena had become obsessed with French Food ever since Vikki took her there on their first date.

"Ah... Jayden Williams. Bright kid, if he actually tried he might have gotten a full score on the written examination. Reclusive in nature has a temper, and overall lacking in physical abilities. The complete opposite of my Ahren~" Vikitoriya smirked before pulling in Artoria even closer to an embrace. "They'll overcome their struggles together and grow from it." She smiled towards Xena now before reluctantly letting go of Artoria. Vikki stepped over to pick up her coat before grabbing her keys. "I'll drive." She said with a smile before leaving the council building with her girls.

Once all three of them were outside, Vikki clicked on the remote of her car keys. The sound of a smooth engine echoed from beyond the main gate, as a titanium black car made its way in front of them. The tires were lizard skin, concealed within the frame of its own wheels to create an illusion. Viktoriya opened the front driver seat before the side doors slid open in a soundless manner. "Shall we? And if I may say. The Union certainly know how to make a good Magic Engine Car." She smiled towards Xena and Artoria before entering.

The inside of the car was high-tech. Streams of neon energy surging at the panels that almost pulsated with a touch. The driver's seat looked like a jet pilot's seat with the design of the wheels as well. With a steady pace and almost silent engine sound, they surged forwards into the road.
AL130094_medium.jpg

Xena hit it right on the nail. Artoria glanced up at Vikki, and nodded to the Secretary. "He is.. being extremely difficult to work with. He's rude, utterly disrespectful, and refuses to cooperate most of the time." She let out a sigh. "Vikki, I don't think this is going to work. Can't I please have someone else tutor me?" Voicing her complaints out loud made Artoria realize how childish she sounded, especially to the two adults as they walked along. But she didn't care at this point. She had come far too close to utterly destroying her honor by her actions against Jayden.

Artoria went wide-eyed and speechless when she saw the car. She almost didn't want to touch it, for fear of accidentally ruining such a perfect appearance for a vehicle. Once the doors opened, she hesitated, then got into the back seat. She looked around the interior, completely awestruck at all the fancy lights and gadgets. "Vikki.. Is this your car?"

Vikki's optimism about Jayden didn't fill Xena with confidence. "If she doesn't rip him apart first." She snarked. She didn't want to question Vikki in front of Artoria, but she certainly didn't see the need for such unorthodox training methods. Xena managed to make top marks in all her subjects without anyone's aid, and if Arty put her mind to it, she could do the same. Why did she need some lad she doesn't like dragging her back?

Xena didn't have much reaction to the car. Her family was wealthy enough to purchase such things, but they didn't need to since they were the primary developers of electric cars in the PACT region and elsewhere. Hopping in the passenger seat, she put her hands behind her head as she relaxed into the leather. "You should try the new Toyota Caviat, powered by Saihara energy. My dad had a prototype that could go as fast as a racecar, without burning up its mana supplies." She boasted.

Vikki smiled amusingly at Artoria when she was complaining about Jayden. As a reply Viktoirya only poked her little sister's forehead once, adding a little playful flick at the end. "You'll have to endure Ahren. Don't you worry, once you can handle your test results without him. You'll be free of your obligations."

Flash forward to the car scene, Vikki only laughed out loud at Xena and Artoria's reactions. "It is property of the student council. And I am certain your family's vehicle is a fine machine Xena." She smiled before putting the car in gear one, as she gradually accelerated. She drove rather responsibly, not going above speeding limit and made sure the girls had an enjoyable ride.

As they arrived at a decent parking space at the commercial district, Vikki found a nice parking spot. "We are here~"

As Vikki drove, Artoria watched through the window the scenery passing by. She sat mostly in silence, contemplating how best to deal with the Jayden problem if Vikki was so adamant on them working together. The reasoning behind it didn't make much sense to the young princess, and she knew it was only a matter of time before their rivalry escalated into full-blown hostility. Surely the President could tell this was inevitable, so why is she pushing this so hard?

Vikki speaking up snapped Artoria out of her daydreaming, and the little knight got out of the car to take in her surroundings.

Xena exited the car as Vikki parked, taking a good look around where she'd parked. They were only a few doors down from the restaurant, a place with a very nice memory for Xena as it's where she and Vikki made their relationship official. Taking her girlfriend's hand, she led the other two towards their destination. "Hey, so one thing's always bugged me. Why do they call it La pLACE? It's just French for The Place, right? It's so simple it borders on stupid." Xena observed, a visible frown on her face.

Back