Status
Not open for further replies.
"What the actual fuck?!" Chloe growled as Stiles banged the side of her truck. As she moved to investigate the damage, Victoria let out a sigh.

"It doesn't matter, Chloe, it looks like you got that truck out of the trash anyway." She moved to get into the passenger side of Stiles' truck, indicating to him that it was time to go.

"Fuck off, Victoria," Chloe snapped, though it sounded to Victoria that Chloe sounded more tired than angry. Though, whatever reason this dropout was hanging around Blackwell, it was outside of Victoria's concern.

"See you later," Victoria said sweetly. Chloe only turned and glared at her in response.

With Chloe not making any moves to stop them from leaving (and really, she could hardly demand them to pay for a dent with a truck like that), Victoria waited for Stiles to get going. "I don't go there often, but there's a diner in town," Victoria said once they were alone. "Seems like your scene, Stiles." She smiled as she said it.

@Lucky

" Sorry about that, was just trying to open my door, guess the trucks were parked too close to each other," he replied without missing a beat..

It was honestly hard to tell if Stiles was actually sorry that the truck doors hit or if he was just saying that since he wasn't sure how she would act. He watched as Victoria got into the passenger seat.

He figured that was his cue to get out of the school parking lot and away from Chloe. She sounded tired, even if the words she was saying was supposed to carry some sort of anger to them, it seemed to have faded.

He had almost forgotten Victoria's title, but he did have to admit one thing. The bear was right. Victoria was the Ultimate Bitch. Now that he would ever say that a loud.

He would slam down gently on the gas pedal and safely, but quickly get away from the school parking lot. He figured that it would be better than most things. " You know, I have passed the diner a few times driving around, so I do know where it is. I mean, I may have stopped in once or twice to get some research on the town done," he replied.

@Atomic Knight

"Is that so?" Victoria questioned with a smile.

Arcadia Bay was not a huge town, so the drive to the diner was not very long at all. Victoria's family were not ones for diner food, but she had eaten at the Two Whales Diner a couple of times with her bitch squad. It was not a bad place to eat, at least.

E9KS1WK.jpg

Victoria was impatient as she left Stiles' vehicle and strolled into the diner. She quickly picked a booth furthest from other people and settled in. "God, I don't even really like most breakfast food," she said absentmindedly to Stiles.

The diner was not too busy this morning, so the waitress got to them pretty quickly.

k6u82Eu.png

"How you kids doing?" she asked, placing menus in front of them. As Victoria picked up her menu, she heard the waitress let out a small laugh. "Oh, Stiles, here once again, huh?"

Victoria peered over her menu to give Stiles a sly look.

@Lucky

Stiles considered how to answer, but decided to opt with silence as his answer and a smile of his own.

Compared to Beacon Hills, Stiles found Arcadia Bay to be really small. Though to be fair, Beacon Hills was only so big because the town had to build around the giant forest that existed there. He wondered if he would ever get a chance to show Victoria his own home.

Stiles managed to park the car and lock it, making sure to keep pace with Victoria as she strolled into the diner though. "You did pick the only diner in town that specialized best in breakfast though," he replied with a slight smirk though.

He had yet to see the diner be very busy in all of his time here. He wondered how it stayed in business.

"I'm doing good today, all things considered." He had to figure out how to avoid the topic. " Yeah, I was hungry again and it's one of the few places that has good food that I like," he replied.

Stiles rolled his eyes. " Okay, it may have been more than a few times."

@Atomic Knight

"Oh, really now?" Victoria said, the edges of her mouth curling into a small smile. "Guess you'll have to give me a suggestion or two on what to get."

"I'm Joyce," said the waitress, introducing herself to Victoria. She gave Stiles a look as if to question what the relationship between himself and Victoria was. "Hold on, shouldn't you two be in school right now?"

Victoria looked at Stiles and laughed this off. "Oh, free period this morning!"

Joyce shrugged at this. "Well all right, I'll give you two a moment to decide."

After Joyce took their drink orders (Victoria had only wanted water), Victoria put her menu down on the table.

"So, have you come here with either Diana or Kate before?" she asked.

@Lucky

Stiles Stilinski

" I do have a few suggestions on what food is good here and which ones should be avoided at all costs as well. I do think their waffles are great.

Stiles just smiled, thogh he did want to point out that her name was already on the shirt she wore and he didn't answer her question, though is eyes showed he wanted to be more then friends. He wondered when she would ask that.

Stiles chuckled. " You know my situation. Still waiting on my transcripts and Scott's to transfer. They run on a very dated system and take a while." . It had honestly been the easiest lie to tell people and he had stuck with it for most of his time here.

Stiles had asked for a water, a cup of coffee and a nice tall glass of orange juice. He was extra thirsty this morning it would seem.

" Brought Scott here once and attempted to bring Kate and Diana. Neither wanted to come and haven't gotten a chance to ask again."

@Atomic Knight

"Mmhm..."

Victoria went silent for a moment, looking down at the table. She eventually went with Stiles' suggestion and ordered waffles, though she went quiet again as the food was being prepared. She realized it was probably a bit awkward, so she attempted to seem animated as she reached out to touch Stiles on the wrist.

"How about then, we take them all out for breakfast-- No, how about even... dinner sometime?"

Victoria smiled, not noticing as Chloe Price entered the diner and lingered for a moment in the entrance. Chloe took notice of Victoria and looked disgusted for a moment before waltzing over to the stools.

"Yo, mom," she said, causing Victoria to look over. Victoria had no idea that Joyce was Chloe's mom.

"Oh, honey," Joyce said, zooming by Chloe with coffee in her hand, "what's the occasion?"

Chloe shrugged, watching as her mom poured coffee for the man two seats down from her. "Uh, what else? Breakfast."

"Gonna be paying for it or will Max be covering your bill?" Joyce's voice took on a bit of a terse tone. Victoria could see that Chloe reacted to the comment harshly, even physically wincing.

"Max and Chloe were friends?" Victoria asked out loud, mostly to herself, forgetting herself for a moment.

@Lucky

Stiles wondered if Victoria was actually listening.

He was used to things being awkward between the two of them. He was still not even sure where the two stood or if they would ever be anything other than good friends. He didn't pull away when she would reach to touch his wrist, feeling that he was comfortable with it. He wasn't sure how long that was going to last for though and if he could ruin it.

"You know, I think it would be great if we took them out for dinner sometime though," he replied.

Stiles would offer a smile of his own before he would notice Chloe lingering by the door. He got that the two of them weren't friends, but he wasn't quite sure of why she seemed to have such a hate or disgust for her.

He knew that since he had gotten here, his ADHD had gotten a bit worse as it had went untreated, but he didn't realized how bad it was until this very moment. He had eaten in this diner so many times and he didn't even realize that the waitress he liked was Chloe's mother or for that matter, even had a daughter. He wondered how many people in this small town were connected, but then, he realized, his own life was pretty interconnected in his home town as well. It just seemed to be the way of the world.

"It sure does sound that way," he replied back to her, not realizing it might have been a rhetorical question. He wasn't sure though.

@Atomic Knight

"Yeah..."

Victoria quietly shook her head. She looked down at her food and suddenly felt like she had lost her appetite. Thinking about Max did that to her. She retracted her hand from across the table and gripped at the edges of the table tightly.

"Thinking about her makes me think of Nathan... and how everything is so different now." She looked up to meet Stiles' eyes. "I'm sure you feel the same way. Or... maybe even worse. This isn't even your own..." Victoria spluttered for a moment, eventually whispering the next word. "Dimension."

She leaned back in her seat and continued at a normal volume. "Do you ever feel like you're leaving so much just... unfinished?"

@Lucky

Stiles wasn't sure what else he could say to make it better. He picked at his food for a moment, not sure if he was hungry anymore, as all he could wonder about was the fact that it wasn't his home. That he was a stranger here. He felt her move her hand anywhere.

" Yeah, things are a lot different now." He hadn't even considered the fact that outside of Scott, there hadn't been many supernatural elements here. " Yeah, it isn't our and it's easy to forget sometimes, but then I go and see Scott or we talk about home and it all comes back to me once again."

Stiles would look at the ground and think about how empty Beacon Hills was when he and Scott returned home. " Yeah...… home has a lot left unfinished.... it's kind of barren."

@Atomic Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back