• Are you a friendly people person with a good balance of initiative and confidence? We're currently looking to grow our staff team and are looking for both forum moderators and mentors. See our announcement post for more information! No mandatory length of membership required to apply.

1x1 Wandering Here Onward

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
Falling. Falling with the water. But why was the water falling with me? The air is cold. It is freezing. The coldness is uncomfortable. Where was I? Everything is a fuzzy gray. The next moment it goes black, then gray again. There are times where my vision goes black because the accompany specks of water get too close to my vision. What was the other sounds I was hearing? I do not understand the message. Was there something wrong with me accompanying the water in the air or-

THUD! CRASH!

Oh, I stopped falling. Now everything feels undesirable around me. I do not know how to describe it, but I do not like this. I move myself forward. I feel heavy and... damp? Right, because of the water falling from above. Oh, I look over myself. A loose gray cloth covered me. It was soaked by the water, and that was why it was feeling heavy on myself. I should probably take it off, but I cannot do so when on the ground. So I must... get up? I adjust myself again. Two appendages closer to my vision and two appendages further to my vision. Do I get on two of these or four of these appendages? And how? I do not understand.

I cannot identify anything around my vision that was not a part of me. Towering structures from my left and my right. I hear the falling water making contact with the cold rough ground. What was I doing here? I do not know. I do not know anything. All I understand was... very limited. I could only identify myself, the falling water, and my covering cloth. Everything else was... new. I do not understand most of this. What do I do? What was my purpose?

What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?


Most others passing by could've sworn they saw the strangest thing in the sky today. A falling figure coming down from the sky along with the rain. It was hard to tell, but the person had notable short white hair and a ragged gray cloth covering their body. However, once the loud sounds of the falling figure's body making contact with the concrete ground of an alleyway was audibly heard, no one else that first saw the falling figure seemed to pay much mind. Almost like they were imagining the sight and going on about their day.

That seemed to be the case, except for one particular bystander.

@York
 

York

Just a newbie...
It was a cold afternoon, and he had just left the local arcade. He had just binged a long, grueling shooter game, managing to spend only a couple quarters. As tiring as it was, he was still feeling the adrenaline from it all. However, he had neglected to eat or drink for quite some time, and he had intended to remedy that. There was still some time before he would have to go home, so for now... He figured he would grab a quick bite to eat, maybe an energy drink while he was at it.

But just as he walked through the streets, carefully browsing the local fast food joints, he felt it beginning to rain. Looking up at the clouds with a minor grimace, he cursed his luck, or perhaps, the fact that his luck had seemingly run out just now, his stare seemingly boring holes into the sky above. And then he saw it, something, no... Someone falling. He couldn't make out the exact details, but he could see where they were falling.

The sound of something hitting the ground confirmed that he wasn't just imagining it, and with that in mind... He couldn't help but stumble towards the scene. Soon, he saw them in full; short white hair, covered in rags.

There was no way he could leave them alone like this, especially with rainy weather like this.

He hesitated only for a moment, then he cleared his throat and spoke.

"H-... Hey...! You...? Are you okay?!" He called out.

His voice was hoarse, but audible, at least for those near him.

@Gummi Bunnies
 

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
More sounds. I don't understand. The sounds I heard were unsteady. My vision finds its way to show that there was another that was moving, that wasn't considered "myself." Is that how I get up? If I use what this other self was doing to stay up from the ground. So I only had to get up somehow. I did not know how, but it must be better than being like this. I try to get up, but it was unsteady and different to do. Once I get up, maybe I'll figure out what I can do from here. Maybe this other sense of being with me can guide me.

❝ Get... up... I... must get up... ❞ I mumble what was looping in my head. Maybe that will help me do so. Looking at the puddle of water in front of me, I was able to see myself. Short white hair and deep red eyes. That was me. Can the other self see me? Then I must get up.

@York
 

York

Just a newbie...
Seeing them try to get up, he raised a brow, but immediately panicked seeing them stumble and fall, apparently unable to get up on their own strength.

"Hang on a sec." He said, thinking quickly.

Imagining he was some kind of protaganist in a visual novel or something, he soon acted without completely realizing the danger he might be putting himself in. Gently trying to support the person with an arm, he spoke again.

"Here. Just grab onto me." He urged, seemingly in a hurry to move, occasionally staring up at the sky once more.

Part of him wondered if other people would fall from the sky, while he also worried the storm might be getting worse. But for now, his priority was simply helping this stranger...

@Gummi Bunnies
 

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
Is this some sort of gesture that I do not know of? This other person reaches out their arm to me. Will that... help me get up? I knew little to nothing compared to this other person. With this help, I was easily able to get up now. So it was not a matter of strength, but how to get up, I suppose. I felt the cold breeze send a shiver through my body, and the little rain pattering on my clothed robes. I want to move away from the cold in this place. It's uncomfortable.

I glance down at the ground. The other person wore something at their feet, I did not. Is that why I felt uncomfortably cold and damp? Before I could figure out how to ask out my thoughts to this other person, I heard a sudden noise. It was a distinct sound that repeated the same pattern again and again, and it was coming from that other person that helped me


The young man's phone started to go off, and the caller ID spoke too many volumes on what he was going to hear upon answering the call. That paired along with the time, it was only a matter of pressing a single button.

Incoming Call:

Penelope Dormi

@York
 

York

Just a newbie...
It wasn't long before he realized just how strange the attire the person he had been trying to help was in, but seeing their hesitation, he winced a little... Realizing they were likely either unable to, or unsure about grabbing his arm, so instead, he made a riskier move.

There was a brief moment of hesitation, and then, he made his decision.

Moving forwards, he knelt down, carefully hoising them up with both of his hands, wrapping their arms around his shoulders. It had been years since he had given someone a piggyback ride. But, in a situation like this, he wasn't sure what else to do; if he left them here, they would surely freeze, or at least get sick.

"Keep your arms around me. I'll get you somewhere dry!" He declared.

While he knew fiction and reality were two very different things, in times like this... He found it strangely inspiring to imagine himself as some kind of visual novel protaganist. Thinking about things with that kind of mindset, allowed him to take action when he would otherwise feel uncertain.

Speaking of uncertainties, it was then that his phone started ringing, causing him to freeze on the spot. Quickly moving under the canopy of a nearby shop entrance, he pulled out his phone, letting out a small sigh before he answered, keeping a free hand on the mysterious person currently riding on his back, just to make sure they didn't fall.

"P-... Penelope? Is something wrong?" He spoke, seeming to brace himself for the answer.

Knowing what time it was, and how long he had played at that Arcade before he had come across this mysterious person in that alleyway, he had a bad feeling about this phone call...

@Gummi Bunnies
 
Last edited:

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
The droplets of water kept on dropping on us until we got to a spot that seemed to keep the water from reaching us. I tilted my head once I saw the other person pull out a strange object and start talking to it. I don't understand the words but I listened anyways, able to hear the other voice from the object.

/ ❝ Something wrong?! O-Of course something's wrong, Owen! It's 5 o' clock! 5! I was hoping you were at the apartment by now but I can't get in right now. ... well, I did forget to take my keys so I'm locked out of the apartment. Anyways, can you please come over soon? I need to get to my laptop and submit stuff for class in an hour! ❞ /

... nothing made sense to me, the object's voice sounded all over the place.

@York
 
Last edited:

York

Just a newbie...
Owen only had a moment to try and catch his breath before his right ear was assaulted by an all too familiar voice.

"You forgot your keys...? W-... Well, that's fine! I'll be home soon, okay? Just, expect company." He said, trying his best to sound calm.

His ear was ringing a little at this point, but at least this was something he was used to. As for the person on his back, he could swear they were a girl, but he couldn't be too sure.

Perhaps he could get a better look once he got home, but at the moment, he was more concerned with getting them dry. They seemed to be moving almost erratically though for someone who had been out in the rain for a while, straining to move a little closer to his right ear.

Of course, any normal person would think it was weird, though that wasn't something on his mind for now, he simply wanted to get this person to a proper, warm place to dry off.

"Hold onto me, just a little longer. We'll be home soon, okay?" He said.

And with that, he prepared to rush home, as fast as he could. His apartment wasn't too far from where they were, he just had to find cover from the rain where it was possible.

@Gummi Bunnies
 

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
/ ❝ Okay, thanks. Maybe I was being too harsh on yo- wAIT. WHAT DO YOU MEAN "EXPECT COMPANY"?! ❞ /

The voice coming from the strange device seemed to become exceedingly... loud as the other person continued to converse with it. I turn my attention to the other person, they were saying that "we'll be home soon." What was... home? I did not... understand. But if this home was away from the descending water droplets, then... I suppose it will be more comfortable than how I am by myself. This other person... I could learn more about where I am... and how to live...

❝ O... kay. Show me... home... ❞

@York


 

York

Just a newbie...
Owen hung up quickly, already dreading the earful he'd get when his roommate returned, but for now... He decided to worry about the girl he was currently carrying home.

"You'll like it there, I promise! It's nice, warm, and you'll get plenty of food!" He said, trying his best to reassure her.

Perhaps she was so cold, tired, and hungry that she simply didn't function properly right now? Either way, he knew it wouldn't be a good idea to stay out much longer.

And with that thought, he put away his phone, and began to move faster, practically sprinting, were it not for his attempts to not jostle the girl too hard. He just hoped he could make it out of the rain before they were both fully drenched.

@Gummi Bunnies
 

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
I tilt my head in confusion. What was this person talking about? I'll like that it'll be nice and warm? I'll get plenty of food? What is nice? What is warm? What is plenty of food? I didn't understand these concepts that came from this person's mouth. I suppose they will show me what that means soon...




By the time that Owen arrives to the apartment building, up the stairs to the 3rd floor. There, his roommate was standing right by the apartment door, waiting for the door to be unlocked.



❝ This... is what you meant by company? ❞ The young woman, Penelope Dormi, stared in shock that her own roommate was bringing home someone who looked just as confused as her. She stomped over to be face to face with him, her shocked surprise turning to angry disbelief on her face.

❝ Owen, do you know that this looks like you're kidnapping this person? I swear to god if that's what happening right now. ❞

@York
 
Top