New User *wanders in*

Fractured

Hey, I'm Fractured. I was searching Google for Ayenee (because nostalgia hits hard sometimes) and @Mage referenced it in an introductory post, so here I am! I'm also in the 20-year club for RP. I started in '98 in Yahoo! Clubs, graduated to Ayenee, have run a couple of original and fandom based forum games, and currently laze about the depths of Discord on a private server with friends in a world we've been building since the early 00's.

My roster is mostly human characters and I've got a blend of male and female. I'm comfortable in the sword and sorcery genre and I have a tendency to slip a bit into the dark variation of it. None of my characters are particularly epic or tragic. Some of them do have their moments, though. I dislike playing over powered characters unless there is specific need for it. All my regulars are just as likely to lose a fight as they are to win one. I live for conflict and chemistry, and I play firmly in the gray area of morality. I multi-para.

I'm in love with The Magicians and The Expanse for TV, Gentleman Bastards by Scott Lynch is my favored book series, and I spend a lot of time in my Oculus Quest when I'm not playing Wrecking Ball, Orisa, or Lucio in Overwatch. My longtime fandoms are Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Doctor Who (my Doctor is Peter Davison), Star Trek (TOS and DS9), and I've been recently consuming all of the Stargate universe because I missed out when it was originally on TV. I'm also a Zombie lover. Give me a dystopian wasteland full of the dead and you will have a new best friend. When I dress up as an adult, I pretend I know something about technology.

If nothing else, I'd be happy to just have a new group of people to chat with about role play and writing in general. So this seems like a win/win.

Hey there and welcome! Was totally on my way to bed when I saw this pop up and decided to drop in and say hello on my way out. Brain is shutting down though, so I'll keep it short :p

<3 Star Trek. More or less grew up on it since my grandparents and then my mother too where all big fans of it, so I can remember Star Trek always playing on the tv for as far back as I can remember. Recently checked out that new show, Star Trek: Picard, and it brought back sooo many memories. It has me wanting to go back and re-watch all the really old stuff.

Also I hope you mean you love zombie settings, not that you're literally a zombie lover, which would be a little weird.... But we won't judge you either way :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, welcome again and hopefully you find the place to your liking! I would recommend swinging by some of the other introduction threads to get to know some of the other new arrivals a bit :) It's never too early to start plotting RPs and making connections with other roleplays.

Hey, welcome to STC! I see that you've been writing for quite some time. What got you started in writing?

@Tiko I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and start Picard yet, but I am really excited to! Everyone I know who has seen it has really enjoyed it.

As for zombie loving... Rule 34, right? ;D

@Silence I've always loved getting lost in a book. I grew up on a farm while attending a very small private school, and I never really had many friends. We didn't have cable tv, and were pretty poor, so my imagination was the vast majority of my entertainment. I eventually became completely engrossed by the Animorphs book series, and started writing fiction based in that universe when I was 9 or 10, then we got our first internet capable computer when I was 11 and the first thing I looked for was Animorphs. I stumbled across the Animorph's section of Yahoo! Clubs with all these kids pretending to be characters in that universe and I was overjoyed to have found my people. The rest is history! Cool fact: I'm still best friends with the first person I ever interacted with online

Animorphs! I forgot that series was a thing! I was pretty hooked on them in middle school. So many years ago :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, hopefully you'll be glad to hear that we went ahead and approved your account. Welcome to Storyteller's Circle and feel free to dive into the Roleplay portions of the forums now :)

Animorphs! I forgot that series was a thing! I was pretty hooked on them in middle school. So many years ago :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

*suddenly clings to Tiko* <You are now my forum BFF because you know of the thing!>

And thank you for the welcome! I'm already having a pretty good time jumping from thread to thread just in this part of the forum :D

Back