War of the Beasts

Kenico

Swordfreak and Master of the Pen
View attachment 1589
Sebientir, A world of many creatures, faiths, and cultures. It is also a land of conflict, where Warlord and Emperor alike fight for supremacy, prestige, glory, and gold. In an age of magic and Runic Coding, the most powerful force on the battlefield is the Armatus...
View attachment 1590
...giants of magic and steel, literally massive suits of armor that tower over mortal man, turning their pilots called Armsman into gods on the battlefield. Many use these and other weapons of war for dominance. In our story's case, three will deploy and utilize in a war that will change the very fabric of Sebientir.
View attachment 1591
In the fractured Kingdom of Franca, Carlos Santiago, King of the Eastern half, has murdered his eldest Brother Corvomos Le Peugeau and his family, seizing control of Corvomos' territory in a bid to re-unite Franca under his rule. His banner bears the Dragon. His rival and only living brother, Charles Laroque, King of the Western half, seeks to reunite Franca as well albeit with Carlos out of the way. His banner bears the Griffin. And the third and final group of actors in this grandiose play (and players in this RP) are the men and women of the Hawkwood Company...
View attachment 1592
...Led by their namesake and Leader Sir Jon Hawkwood. Hired by Charles Laroque, Jon and his men and women will fight for riches and glory as they take part in this War of the Beasts...

Alright, with that out of the way allow me to boil all that down for you: Basically you play as a member (Armsman, foot soldier, mounted soldier, etc.) of the Hawkwood Company as they partake in what will eventually become known as the War of the Beasts, where the last Sons of Charlemage fight for the Crown and attempt to Reunite their divided Kingdom...with one of them as King of course. Looking for A Band of volunteers to get this game going. Any questions please ask them here and hope I can answer them as best and as clearly as I can. Thank You and hope to get players!!! :)

Last edited:
Looks interesting, but kinda vague on details. Is this a game where you make your own races and stuff? I've been craving something like that.

There are base races (Humans, elves, Dwarves, Orks, Vampires, Weres[as in just put were in front of it and then add an animal like werewolf, werecat, etc], etc.) HOWEVER, I am more than welcome to the idea of other races. In fact I encourage it. :) If you have some amazing ideas for other races than lay em out for me I more than welcome them.

I do want to make a rodent swarm type race, to add a bit of Warhammer in here :p

There will be two varieties of them. Short, stocky Guinea Pig-men, and their giant counterparts, the Capybara-men.

Imagine this, only the guinea men are 3 times shorter than men, and the Capybara is 2 times larger than men.

O_O

that's a Capybara?! yikes. I like it, I approve of the concept. Now imagines a Capybara or Guinea-Man Piloting an Armatai XD

I'll be a Capybara Giant in your RP :)

As for the race itself, I'm thinking of them having a divide between being Aztec Tribesmen, and Spanish Conquistadors, since the rodents are primarily in South America. They may be subterranean, but I'm not quite sure on that idea.

One half mystic shamanism, and other half early Renaissance technology.

@Kenico, can you tell me about the Iberian Imperium? I think the Cavy people (the Cavy men and Capybara Giants) would live somewhere in there, due to their Spanish inspiration.

In the latter they would most definitely be up to date in terms of "modern" technology in most of Sebientir (which is a mixture of medieval and Renaissance culture, along with elements Orient, Middle East, and so on mixed with the Fantasy creatures).

@Ragenaut not unless they were slaves. The Iberian Imperium are a xenophobic, human-only empire. If you are not a human you are either second class or a slave. and sometimes those words are synonymous. Basically they are the evil empire nobody likes and to the west of it, the Lands called The Confederacy of Independent City-States were once part of the Imperium including the Principality of Thorin, however those two managed to claim their independence and ensured that the Confederacy would be the imperiums supreme rival in world politics. What makes them balanced is that they are not all united. As the name implies each City is its own independant State (much like the city states of Italy during the Renaissance) united only when a major threat is on their collective doorstep.

EDIT: as for your race, I don't think they wouldn't be too far from the imperium. If you wanted them close but not persecuted they probably would be mostly found along the Confederate/Imperium Border (See Map Above for details)

PERFECT! and as stated I wouldn't be surprised their city is near the border between the Confederacy and the Imperium. But yes this all sounds Capital! Glad to see this species coming into shape :)

Good deal, but they'd probably be in a plainish area, with simple, elegant grass burrows and sturdy dirt buildings with beautiful Spanish art carved in like sophisticated cave paintings.

Forgot to mention this but I need at a minimum of 5 players (4+myself) but more are welcome.

I'm interested. Are there any lands that would be more Arabic/African influenced? I like that aesthetic, so a character from a place like that would be awesome for me.

@Saarai, Most definitely! Probably either located in the Deserts of Sebientir. Either in the Confederacy or in the Imperium. Be advised, the ones in the Imperium are Very xenophobic and if you are anything other than human you are either second class or a slave. JUST bear in mind when making a character like that :)

@The Kingslayer, Welcome Aboard!!!

@Kenico, I've been thinking about the Cavy Empire (the Guinea-pig men), and I think it would actually be a cool idea to have them be apart of the Iberian Imperium as cannon fodder, as well as a group that has found a way to thrive in their slavery, and work just fine that way. They'll be the same way I described previously, they'll just be used by the Imperium for less savory tasks, that the Cavy themselves think are glorious.

Back