Akashic Arcana War Pigs

Dmitri nodded as they walked, the bodies on the ground losing their pigment completely as Dmitri called the chant to retract the magic as they looked around.
"There's another armored transport. Let's move." Dmitri helped Eren to the vehicle, getting in the back before Dmitri went to the front. "Need me to hot wire it or can you?" Dmitri waited for her answer as he stopped in front of the transport. About 50 meters away, a group of soldiers ran towards them with their guns out, too far to get a good shot just yet. Dmitri looked at the 2 bodies on the ground before shooting them with his pistol, the bodies standing and grabbing their guns, firing. "Necromancy. Don't worry, they're dead. Just dominioned bodies until I retract the magic." He looked back to her.

"I can hotwire it. I've dealt with missions in the past where I've had to hotwire a enemy vehicle to escape." She exclaimed with a nod as she got into the transport and began to get it working. "Come on..."

After Dmitri had shot the two bodies, the sound of an engine purring could be heard as Arachne got the vehicle running. "Alright, it's working. Hop in, let's go."

Dmitri nodded and jumped into the passenger seat, putting his pistol away as the soldiers fired, the group taking cover behind walls and metal crates. "Let's go, let's go!" Eren looked back, seeing a couple of them be shot down before standing, firing on the others as their skin darkened and they rose. "We need to hurry... they'll be sending reinforcements for sure, and the next base is not far."
Dmitri looked back to him, the metal gate open. "What? how far?"
"About 2 miles away. Word must already be to them, we need to head south. I remember this, if we can get the the federation, though they have a military alliance, it should take a while before they get word. It'll give us time to make it deep inland. Then we can get either to shanghai and onto a boat, or down to PACT northwest. Up to you, but now we need to make it to the chinese."
Dmitri looked to arachne. "Alright. Your call, but we need to choose soon. These things lose gas quickly, so we need to move as far as we can while we can."
Eren looked at her. "They'll be coming from the east, so avoid that road at all costs."

"We'll head to Shanghai and escape by boat. We'll divert from the main roads just to be safe." She exclaimed as she kickstarted the transport and began to drive away from the area and offroad. Their destination: Shanghai. But they'd have to cross the border first.

"We should be safe so long as I keep us off-road."

Eren nodded. "I know one way there but it would only be availible on foot... or with an APC, maybe." Eren sighed as they drove, grabbing the seat as the transport rumbled on the rough ground. As the terrain became steeper, the vehicle began picking up speed. A ways away, Dmitri saw the reinforcements stopping beside the road as they almost flew down the steep decline the vehicle went down. Dmitri also grabbed the seat as his small airtime became longer as they gained speed.

Unfortunately for the group, as she made it to the bottom of the hill, the APC had ran out of gas. "Damn it." She exclaimed as she got out of the car and went to the back where the gas was. "We're all out of gas, the reserve canisters are out too..."

As she looked up, she saw that some of the soldiers began sliding down the hill, which caused her to smirk. "(This is my chance. I won't say anything about them.)" She then went back into the APC. "Looks like we're stuck here."

Dmitri sighed as Eren looked back, the soldiers slowly scaling down the hill. Dmitri and Eren both got out. "Guess we're walking." Dmitri shrugged, looking back and taking out his pistol, aiming at the hill. "Keep them busy for a while." He fired, hitting one of the men. He fell a bit and landed on a ledge before looking up and grabbing his rifle, firing at the others as they scrambled for cover behind trees and other obstacles. Dmitri and Eren both walked south, Eren looking back at her. "Let's move. It wont be long until they figure out our plan. If they do, it'll make it harder for us to get across with the Chinese looking for us as well."

She got out of the transport, but Arachne did not follow them. Instead she walked towards the soldiers and then turned her back to them as she faced Eren and Dmitri. Once a few soldiers arrived behind her, they instead stood next to her. "Order's ma'am?"

"Do not kill them. Severely wound them so they can be transported back to Moscow." She exclaimed. "Yes ma'am." The soldiers responded as they took aim at the two, whereas Arachne pulled out her X-30 Type Submachine Gun. Using a Sniper Rifle here would not be a viable tactic as this would most likely a close-range engagement.

Eren looked back as she walked towards them, his eyes widening. Dimitri looked back and once he saw them lining up, he immediately fired his pistol, 2 men falling and turning on their own. Eren brought out his hand, speaking. "духи, спрячь меня от света." Within seconds, a plume of smoke surrounded them and quickly faded, and they were out of sight. They both circled the group and picked them off one by one, as soon as one of the minions was killed, another one of the group was picked off by the two and became another minion to fire on the others.

"I didn't think it'd have to come to this, Eren. But you've left me no choice." Arachne stated as she immediately began firing towards him with her SMG, aiming to weaken him by knocking him down. Meanwhile more and more soldiers began appearing behind her above the hill, one yelling over to Arachne.

"Ma'am, more reinforcements are on their way. We'll be surrounding them in no time at all." "Good work. Keep surrounding them and providing firing support. We must capture them immediately." "Yes ma'am! Soldiers, open fire!" The soldier exclaimed as the ones on the hill began firing down below towards Dmitri from the ground and from a few vehicles that had pulled up.

As more and more soldiers fired directly at Dmitri and Eren, they took cover, Eren trying to figure out how they could see them. "What the hell...?" He looked at arachne for a moment, and raising his arm, a ball of smoke firing towards her as the fallen soldiers began returning fire to those on the hill, one of them aiming his pistol at her and firing 3 shots, aiming for her legs. Eren and Dmitri ran along the hill, the trees giving them fair cover as they made their way down, leaving the fallen to hold back arachne and the rest of her men.

"Hmm?" She moved out of the way of the smoke bomb but started to become under fire by the fallen soldiers. She quickly jumped around to dodge the bullets and proceeded to kick each soldier as she jumped around them, hopefully knocking them down. A few men dying is worth it to hopefully bring in two very dangerous men. A few more soldiers dropped down but just out of time as the two had retreated into the forest. One approached her.

"Ma'am, we have a tank in position to blast the forest clean." "And risk losing the only prototype device they have? No. Do not use the main gun but move into the forest and clear it out. Remember, we are here to capture them, not kill them. Is that understood?" "Yes ma'am." The soldier saluted as the Tank drove down the cliff and everyone began marching into the Forest.

The fallen fell to the ground but soon stood back up, grabbing what guns they could and firing again on the soldiers, mostly ignored, they had the opportunity to shoot several of the men, the men standing and becoming like reinforcements for the men as Dmitri and Eren almost vanished into the heavy vegetation. All the while, 3 of the men saw arachne and focused their fire on her, mostly at her legs while they fired on the other soldiers at the chest and head.

Arachne took a hit to the leg but that only caused her to grab her Sniper Rifle and load in a set of Incendiary Bullets, firing a shot into each fallen soldier. It was a very small chance that the bullet would set them aflame, but in this situation she was successful and the fallen were no more. Each soldier backed away and continued to march into the forest, scowling all over for the convicts. Meanwhile Arachne sat on top of the tank as it drove into the forest.

"Fan out and find them. Quickly."

"unstoppable..." Eren panted as the two rested a bit away from them. "She is... unstoppable."
"The fallen are being wiped out, as soon as they rise, they're killed again..."
Eren shook his head. "We need to get to the federation, if they see a confederate army running across the border, they'll have to act. Their military alliance keeps them out of Chinese territory, so they will at least have to stop. Then we can flee."
Dmitri nodded. "Right." He looked at the sun as it started to set. "We need to move. Night has always been our friend, our powers hide us much better in the dark. We just need to keep our distance until then, then we can make for china." He looked out at the border, an open field in front of it. "We'll be sitting ducks if we go now. They'll spot us for sure." Eren nodded and stood, their magic still rendering them almost invisible. Dmitri got up and walked along the bottom of the hill, Eren following quickly as they could still hear the tank rolling through the forest, trees falling to the massive vehicle left and right. They both ran, the longer time ran on, the harder it was to see them.

"Ma'am? We need to pull out." "Why is that? They can't hide forever in this forest." "We're coming close to the border. With a force as large as ours and you, the ones on the other side will think we're invading. We need to pull out." "Fine. But this isn't over. Sooner or later, we will find them. All troops, retreat for now."

Arachne ordered as the tank turned around and went the other way, the soldiers following them. She made sure however to keep facing where it was originally going, Sniper out in case they decided to be sneaky. "I'll be back for you Eren. Someday. But for now? Don't let me catch you." She muttered to herself.

Eren looked back as they slowed, thinking.
"They're leaving..."
Dmitri looked back at him. "What? Why?" He walked beside him.
"They must be too close to the border. But if they're too nervous to push us, that must mean China knows something's up. We may have to be more careful when crossing through."
Dmitri nodded. "It may be better to avoid them and follow the border all the way around, get to Vladivostok and get to PACT from there." Eren closed his eyes, agreeing as he nodded as well. "Agreed. China doesn't know the significance in our lives, so we may be better off going around. it'll be harder and longer, but less deadly."
They kept walking, a bit slower to catch their breaths as they watched the hill tilt into more of a cliff as they walked along it.

Back