Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacksmith

Tonight, we hunt Outsiders!
Set after Civil War, showing the fate of Lucifer Anghelscu and a prelude to the War of Mewni.
--------------------

Montressor Spaceport like Avalon catered to all races and types, sailors between the black in this sector of worlds. It was perfect to lose oneself, any would-be seekers afflicted by the sheer diversity of local Xeno, off world local travelers and of course, those passing through like him. It wasn't the first time he found himself here, one of many in the crowd for once and a lot had changed since last time. A portal of the sort that the Grand Hotel utilized was being constructed, a similar apparatus forming in low orbit for vessels. The local color around the docks seemed to have expanded, honest sailors and pirates rubbing shoulders as captains took on crewmembers. What interested him most of all however, was the conversation being held a few tables away as voices discussed a deal over Sabbacc.

On pretense of looking for service at the bar, the man in black listened carefully.

"-And it's just burning a hole in my pocket. So what say ye? Prime crystals, untamed and full of the good stuff."

"I don't know. Since Thanos went down, the Rat has been cracking down on things like this. I'm not made of bribe money."

The bar keep, a tentacled figure asked politely in Elemental if he was going to order and the man opted for an ale in turn. Putting the mug to his lips, he strained for the next part.

"-It's settled then. Fifty-forty to recoup your losses and I, will be free to sail off once more. It's a deal. Anything else?"

"Oh, one thing comes to mind."

There was something about that voice and he paused, trying to place where he heard it before. The click of weaponry being primed had him glance over his shoulder as the Sabbacc game seemed to have ended. It's players rising up and pointing an array of gun barrels his way. Moonlighting bounty hunters, petty criminals, pirates and dealers in darkness, the world's and races may change. Some things stayed the same.

Their target drained his mug. With a sigh, the former Executor, Torch Operative and member of the House of M. shook his head as he spoke to himself.

"It must be a Saturday." Lucifer tossed the mug idly in his hand as he looked at the other patrons leaving quickly.

"I could never get the hang of Saturdays."

And then there was no more time.

@Raptor Jesus

Last edited:
Montressor Spaceport like Avalon catered to all races and types, sailors between the black in this sector of worlds. It was perfect to lose oneself, any would-be seekers afflicted by the sheer diversity of local Xeno, off world local travelers and of course, those passing through like him. It wasn't the first time he found himself here, one of many in the crowd for once and a lot had changed since last time. A portal of the sort that the Grand Hotel utilized was being constructed, a similar apparatus forming in low orbit for vessels. The local color around the docks seemed to have expanded, honest sailors and pirates rubbing shoulders as captains took on crewmembers. What interested him most of all however, was the conversation being held a few tables away as voices discussed a deal over Sabbacc.

On pretense of looking for service at the bar, the man in black listened carefully.

"-And it's just burning a hole in my pocket. So what say ye? Prime crystals, untamed and full of the good stuff."

"I don't know. Since Thanos went down, the Rat has been cracking down on things like this. I'm not made of bribe money."

The bar keep, a tentacled figure asked politely in Elemental if he was going to order and the man opted for an ale in turn. Putting the mug to his lips, he strained for the next part.

"-It's settled then. Fifty-forty to recoup your losses and I, will be free to sail off once more. It's a deal. Anything else?"

"Oh, one thing comes to mind."

There was something about that voice and he paused, trying to place where he heard it before. The click of weaponry being primed had him glance over his shoulder as the Sabbacc game seemed to have ended. It's players rising up and pointing an array of gun barrels his way. Moonlighting bounty hunters, petty criminals, pirates and dealers in darkness, the world's and races may change. Some things stayed the same.

Their target drained his mug. With a sigh, the former Executor, Torch Operative and member of the House of M. shook his head as he spoke to himself.

"It must be a Saturday." Lucifer tossed the mug idly in his hand as he looked at the other patrons leaving quickly.

"I could never get the hang of Saturdays."

And then there was no more time.

@Raptor Jesus
The sound of an engine revving could be heard from outside the tavern. It was a loud roar, one that even caused some of the occupants to turn their heads and look at what was causing all the ruckus. However, as if anyone were to look outside, they wouldn't find a motorcycle, but rather, what appeared to be a combination of a dragon and s motorcycle. A dragon-cycle, one could call it

As the owner of said cycle stepped off and onto the ground, a small flicker of a flame emitted out from under the boot before dispersing entirely. The figure would proceed to step into the bar and look around for a moment.

The woman's eyes would eventually fall on the man sitting at the bar, a smirk curling on her lips as she strutted over to him. Hekapoo would take a seat beside him and look up at him with the same coy smirk.

latest

"Now you look like someone who knows how to show a girl a good time." She stated in a slightly flirtatious tone.

@Blacksmith

The impending fight had only been temporarily postponed and the lead pirate growled. Fingers were beginning to tighten on triggers, the glares of some of the space ports rogues a sight to behold.

For his part, the priestly-clad Damphir ignored them. His expression bore a resigned look of a man walking to his own gallows at her statement. And as one of them fired a plasma pistol, he responded by intercepting it with a kicked-up chair, intercepting the shot. His gesture was quick, borne of constant life-and death situation that forced growth. Aloud, he spoke with a dry intonation.

"Definitely a Saturday."

At that point, the pirates opened fire. Lucifer responded by grabbing his longcoat, flinging it up as a shield before the woman as the shots impacted and rippled off the enchantments. It had cost him a sizable amount of his budget, but well worth the cost in times like this. Surprise would not last however and he had only bought seconds. His hands flicked and between his fingers, throwing knives appeared.

He hadn't had Black Keys in months, the traditional Burial Agency weapon and it's appearance in other hands carefully monitored. It was so far, difficult to find anyone who'd sell him off the books. These blades could not kill as the former weapon of choice he used to have, they were too small for that. No, these had a different purpose and he turned his hip, putting his body into it as with an action as easy as breathing, he put them for the eyes and throats. Silver gleamed as he moved, flying through the air as he put his free hand on the bar. With a final burst of agility, he flipped over it in his need for cover.

Or that was the plan. Now? He leaped to the far side, opposite the woman as he yelled.

"LOOK AT ME, I'M A TARGET!"

He was older now, his weapons and equipment salvaged or obtained illegally in his self-imposed quest to make a difference. But even more cynical, he was still Lucifer Anghelscu and though he knew nothing about this woman? He would sooner they targeted him than her. He thought her a civilian. So did the pirates.

That was their first mistake.

@Raptor Jesus

Hekapoo's first reaction to the sudden onslaught of fire emitting from the pirate's various assortments of guns and plasma rifles was one of surprise for a small second, though said gasp quickly turned into s cocky smirk as the woman stood her ground.

"Ugh, you pirates are all lame times a thousand! Don't you fleshwads know it's rude to start a gunfight when a girl is trying to make a deal?" Hekapoo chimed as two orange daggers suddenly appeared in her hands. But, before she did any slashing, the pirates would suddenly find themselves surrounded.

P5ezh.jpg

By a lot of Hekapoos.

Each one charged at the six pirates at full speed, all of them jumping on each of them at once, hacking and slashing away until who could only be assumed was the ringleader of their little merry gang, Hekapoo lifted him up by the collar and dragged him over to Lucifer, before forcing his arm with the cannon behind his back and forcing him over the bar.

"Heck of a first date, huh fleshwad?" Hekapoo chimed.

@Blacksmith

Well. That was a thing. The sound of groaning pirates and whimpers of pain filled the air, the power shift immensely apparent. Lucifer quirked an eyebrow, crouching briefly to snag his hat that had fallen on the floor in his flurry. As he set it back on with the air of a crown returned to its owner, he took in his ally of circumstance more closely. In turn, she'd likewise be able to scrutinize him in turn.

His clothing he wore on him, like a mix of ancient, American Western gunslinger and Catholic Priest. His hat was wide-brimmed and black and in its shade, his eyes gleamed a steady red. When he moved, there was a subtle clink of metal, his posture laid back if somewhat balanced, giving the air of a man ready to spring into action. The only visible weapon(or lack of one) was the katana handle missing a blade and a sheath, dangling on a special clip on his belt. In prayer beads around his hand, a Catholic cross dangled, formerly silver and now replaced with dull iron.

In response to her words, he touched the brim of his hat in a neutral gesture of thanks as he moved to look at the Xeno pirate. Aloud, as he contrasted a tattoo to a small book from his longcoat he spoke.

"Do you hit on every strange man in a bar fight, or am I just a special case ma'am?"

@Raptor Jesus

Well. That was a thing. The sound of groaning pirates and whimpers of pain filled the air, the power shift immensely apparent. Lucifer quirked an eyebrow, crouching briefly to snag his hat that had fallen on the floor in his flurry. As he set it back on with the air of a crown returned to its owner, he took in his ally of circumstance more closely. In turn, she'd likewise be able to scrutinize him in turn.

His clothing he wore on him, like a mix of ancient, American Western gunslinger and Catholic Priest. His hat was wide-brimmed and black and in its shade, his eyes gleamed a steady red. When he moved, there was a subtle clink of metal, his posture laid back if somewhat balanced, giving the air of a man ready to spring into action. The only visible weapon(or lack of one) was the katana handle missing a blade and a sheath, dangling on a special clip on his belt. In prayer beads around his hand, a Catholic cross dangled, formerly silver and now replaced with dull iron.

In response to her words, he touched the brim of his hat in a neutral gesture of thanks as he moved to look at the Xeno pirate. Aloud, as he contrasted a tattoo to a small book from his longcoat he spoke.

"Do you hit on every strange man in a bar fight, or am I just a special case ma'am?"

@Raptor Jesus
"Just the ones I think can be useful." Hekapoo replied innocently, despite the smirk present on her face condradicting her tone in an almost comedic manor. Leaning up against the bar, Hekapoo pretended to check her nails (or lack thereof) as she continued to speak.

ec7b656af61ea8ef8193f4806a5d502d1e19b3b2_00.gif

"So tell me fleshwad, can you be of use? Or did I just waste my time in taking out all your little playmates?"

@Blacksmith

"Just the ones I think can be useful." Hekapoo replied innocently, despite the smirk present on her face condradicting her tone in an almost comedic manor. Leaning up against the bar, Hekapoo pretended to check her nails (or lack thereof) as she continued to speak.

ec7b656af61ea8ef8193f4806a5d502d1e19b3b2_00.gif

"So tell me fleshwad, can you be of use? Or did I just waste my time in taking out all your little playmates?"

@Blacksmith
He knew when he had been beat.

That aside, he snarled and thrashed despite it. Defiant to the last, he cursed and tried to activate his hand cannon. An ice pick wielded by Lucifer in a casual manner from the bar put that idea to rest. That and he finished identifying the tattoo, a fangled humanoid skull with bat wings as he closed his booklet and spoke.

"You're one of Sabbat's minions. What's the old necromancer doing in this sector?"

He responded in a gargling tongue that had the Damphir wince. Glancing at Hekapoo, he asked dryly.

"My place or yours? Seems a bit public for an interrogation."

@Raptor Jesus

He knew when he had been beat.

That aside, he snarled and thrashed despite it. Defiant to the last, he cursed and tried to activate his hand cannon. An ice pick wielded by Lucifer in a casual manner from the bar put that idea to rest. That and he finished identifying the tattoo, a fangled humanoid skull with bat wings as he closed his booklet and spoke.

"You're one of Sabbat's minions. What's the old necromancer doing in this sector?"

He responded in a gargling tongue that had the Damphir wince. Glancing at Hekapoo, he asked dryly.

"My place or yours? Seems a bit public for an interrogation."

@Raptor Jesus
"Well now, that's a bit forward, don't you think? I mean, you haven't even bought me dinner yet." Hekapoo quipped, still seeming all too nonchalant about the situation as a whole. Though, after looking down to the thug and then back up to Lucifer, she nodded.

"Your place. My place isn't exactly.... fit for an event such as this." Hekapoo replied with her hand placed on her hip.

@Blacksmith

"Well now, that's a bit forward, don't you think? I mean, you haven't even bought me dinner yet." Hekapoo quipped, still seeming all too nonchalant about the situation as a whole. Though, after looking down to the thug and then back up to Lucifer, she nodded.

"Your place. My place isn't exactly.... fit for an event such as this." Hekapoo replied with her hand placed on her hip.

@Blacksmith

He nodded once.

"Very well. Docking bay Fifty-four. Warehouse seventy-five."

He brought down the handle of the ice pick on the side of the pirates face hard, the result sending it's eyes rolling into unconscious stupor. Slinging the rest over his shoulder, he concentrated before vanishing in a flare of umbral energies. The effect not quite unlike Hekapoo's own scissors, but less neat. There was a second realm crossed over, rather then a straight a-to-b.

And unless she had anything left she wanted to do, she'd be free to leave now. The docks were among the busiest area anyway, someone like her would have little trouble blending in.

The warehouse in question was old. A former slaughterhouse for strange meats with a thick, tar-like smell that lingered and permeated. The main doors were padlocked, a simple rusted bit of iron for a storage area that had seen better days. A side door however proved to be opened, as well as with greased hinges. Inside, the surroundings proved to be a heavy contrast to the outside. By the fine degrees of a sextant, one could find runes etched into the stone floor and filled with red mercury. The windows, such as remained were boarded over. A generator connected to the mainframe provided illegal power, siphoned away and two turrets (small, compact models with an emblem of of a stylized cog and spear) whirred to life as they tracked Hekapoo's movements.

Lucifer himself would be seated, his chair backwards as he leaned forward, resting his chin on the back rest. His eyes troubled as the sleeping, chained figure of the pirate snoozed. Seeing Heckapoo, he flicked his gaze over before nodding once.

"I waited for you. Mostly so we can introduce ourselves and I could ask why, you sought me out. You went into that bar, and you looked at me as though you knew who I was. What I'd do."

@Raptor Jesus​

He nodded once.

"Very well. Docking bay Fifty-four. Warehouse seventy-five."

He brought down the handle of the ice pick on the side of the pirates face hard, the result sending it's eyes rolling into unconscious stupor. Slinging the rest over his shoulder, he concentrated before vanishing in a flare of umbral energies. The effect not quite unlike Hekapoo's own scissors, but less neat. There was a second realm crossed over, rather then a straight a-to-b.

And unless she had anything left she wanted to do, she'd be free to leave now. The docks were among the busiest area anyway, someone like her would have little trouble blending in.

The warehouse in question was old. A former slaughterhouse for strange meats with a thick, tar-like smell that lingered and permeated. The main doors were padlocked, a simple rusted bit of iron for a storage area that had seen better days. A side door however proved to be opened, as well as with greased hinges. Inside, the surroundings proved to be a heavy contrast to the outside. By the fine degrees of a sextant, one could find runes etched into the stone floor and filled with red mercury. The windows, such as remained were boarded over. A generator connected to the mainframe provided illegal power, siphoned away and two turrets (small, compact models with an emblem of of a stylized cog and spear) whirred to life as they tracked Hekapoo's movements.

Lucifer himself would be seated, his chair backwards as he leaned forward, resting his chin on the back rest. His eyes troubled as the sleeping, chained figure of the pirate snoozed. Seeing Heckapoo, he flicked his gaze over before nodding once.

"I waited for you. Mostly so we can introduce ourselves and I could ask why, you sought me out. You went into that bar, and you looked at me as though you knew who I was. What I'd do."

@Raptor Jesus​
"Nice place ya got here." Hekapoo chimed as she looked around the building while she approached Lucifer. When the man inquired of how she knew him, Hekapoo only chuckled, placing a hand on her hip with a rather... amused expression.

latest

"I've heard about you through the grapevine, so to speak. I've heard that you're a man who can get things done, and as fate would have it, I happen to need something done. I'm willing to pay a great amount for your services."

"Nice place ya got here." Hekapoo chimed as she looked around the building while she approached Lucifer. When the man inquired of how she knew him, Hekapoo only chuckled, placing a hand on her hip with a rather... amused expression.

latest

"I've heard about you through the grapevine, so to speak. I've heard that you're a man who can get things done, and as fate would have it, I happen to need something done. I'm willing to pay a great amount for your services."

He was at once, both troubled and intrigued. Never a good combination in his line of work. Unlike his old job however, he wasn't exactly in any sort of position to turn down extra coin. He was a freelancer now-his resignation meant as a token protest against what the organization had become, rather then what it originally was. Where once was a shared purpose had been fractured into inflated egoism, self-deluded senses of importance and in between the cracks, enemies had slipped in because of it. Was it any wonder he had not wanted to be part of that? Perhaps he had been too harsh- up close, the vaunted leadership had proven just as prone to pettiness and self-absorbed wishes as any other mortal and it was too much to ask for more from anyone. That it had resulted in a staggering loss of trust as well as vital information however, was less easier to reconcile. An opinion shared by many besides him. He sighed inwardly. Even now, he was still troubled by the clay feet of what had been purpose in his life, but then again, even before and after he quit, his work had never been the sort of cosmic, expansive sort.

His domain was the blue-collar cases. Families torn asunder by slavers, monsters preying on other world's not their own, witches seeking power and the like. They might have been small on a cosmic scale, but their effects nontheless had repercussions and made him happy when he fixed them. He wondered briefly what his old partner might have said to that and felt a pang of heartache at the rogue memory, when she slipped into his thoughts. He ignored it, looking at Heckapoo as he said simply.

"I'm listening. Tell me all you know about this situation."

@Raptor Jesus

He was at once, both troubled and intrigued. Never a good combination in his line of work. Unlike his old job however, he wasn't exactly in any sort of position to turn down extra coin. He was a freelancer now-his resignation meant as a token protest against what the organization had become, rather then what it originally was. Where once was a shared purpose had been fractured into inflated egoism, self-deluded senses of importance and in between the cracks, enemies had slipped in because of it. Was it any wonder he had not wanted to be part of that? Perhaps he had been too harsh- up close, the vaunted leadership had proven just as prone to pettiness and self-absorbed wishes as any other mortal and it was too much to ask for more from anyone. That it had resulted in a staggering loss of trust as well as vital information however, was less easier to reconcile. An opinion shared by many besides him. He sighed inwardly. Even now, he was still troubled by the clay feet of what had been purpose in his life, but then again, even before and after he quit, his work had never been the sort of cosmic, expansive sort.

His domain was the blue-collar cases. Families torn asunder by slavers, monsters preying on other world's not their own, witches seeking power and the like. They might have been small on a cosmic scale, but their effects nontheless had repercussions and made him happy when he fixed them. He wondered briefly what his old partner might have said to that and felt a pang of heartache at the rogue memory, when she slipped into his thoughts. He ignored it, looking at Heckapoo as he said simply.

"I'm listening. Tell me all you know about this situation."

@Raptor Jesus
"Someone, somewhere is opening random portals in my domain. And, as a member of the Magic High Commission, it's my job to close these portals to prevent any... unwelcomed guests from coming through, and then find the person responsible.

The only problem is, there are too many for me to close up on my own. Normally I would enlist the help of someone from Mewni, but then I'd look like I'm not capable of doing my job.

Think you can help me with that, fleswad? I mean, you do already kinda owe me."

@Blacksmith

"Someone, somewhere is opening random portals in my domain. And, as a member of the Magic High Commission, it's my job to close these portals to prevent any... unwelcomed guests from coming through, and then find the person responsible.

The only problem is, there are too many for me to close up on my own. Normally I would enlist the help of someone from Mewni, but then I'd look like I'm not capable of doing my job.

Think you can help me with that, fleswad? I mean, you do already kinda owe me."

@Blacksmith
He considered for a moment. Normally, he'd have opted to negotiate terms, except something about her story resonated with his current investigation. The former 'Suicide Squad' had more or less fractured apart since the deaths of some of its agents, but the ones who survived had been the more cunning and ruthless of the lot. Azula, Sabbat- both had been the focus of his current hunt, Sabbat in particular mixing necromancy in his personal forces freely. His actions and knowledge of malevolence had put him in the former Executors sights and the trail had led here. Perhaps they were related? It could be wishful thinking on his part of course, but gut instincts were being triggered and he finally took a leap of faith. Aloud, he spoke.

"How about a trade then? I require supplies for my work, a new contact such as yourself would go a long way to keeping me and mine solvent. And if you're satisfied after, we'll take about a retainer. Deal?"

He extended his hand for a shake.

The pirate groaned low in his throat as he began to wake.

@Raptor Jesus

He considered for a moment. Normally, he'd have opted to negotiate terms, except something about her story resonated with his current investigation. The former 'Suicide Squad' had more or less fractured apart since the deaths of some of its agents, but the ones who survived had been the more cunning and ruthless of the lot. Azula, Sabbat- both had been the focus of his current hunt, Sabbat in particular mixing necromancy in his personal forces freely. His actions and knowledge of malevolence had put him in the former Executors sights and the trail had led here. Perhaps they were related? It could be wishful thinking on his part of course, but gut instincts were being triggered and he finally took a leap of faith. Aloud, he spoke.

"How about a trade then? I require supplies for my work, a new contact such as yourself would go a long way to keeping me and mine solvent. And if you're satisfied after, we'll take about a retainer. Deal?"

He extended his hand for a shake.

The pirate groaned low in his throat as he began to wake.

@Raptor Jesus
"Hmmmm....." Hekapoo hummed as she tapped her index finger against her chin for a few short moments, before finally extending that same hand outwards with a smile. "Deal!" She exclaimed in a cheery, almost peppy voice.

The pirate's groaning quickly caught her attention, causing her to look down at the man before glancing back up to Lucifer. "Looks like our new playmate is waking up from his nap." She chimed as she pointed a thumb in his direction.

@Blacksmith

"Hmmmm....." Hekapoo hummed as she tapped her index finger against her chin for a few short moments, before finally extending that same hand outwards with a smile. "Deal!" She exclaimed in a cheery, almost peppy voice.

The pirate's groaning quickly caught her attention, causing her to look down at the man before glancing back up to Lucifer. "Looks like our new playmate is waking up from his nap." She chimed as she pointed a thumb in his direction.

@Blacksmith

It was time then.

He turned to the body, sliding his hand beneath the chin. There were many methods to get answers from an interrogation- Sometimes the fear of pain, or the removal of sanctuary did it. Others were more subtle- Himself? A bit of both. He had never been the sort to torture a person and honestly, wasn't entirely sure how to go about doing it. But then again, he did have something of a trump card and it was made all the more easier, with a person recovering from pain and assault. Lucifers voice became a deep rumble, a touch of power reflected in his voice.

"Look into my eyes."

There were many names for this particular phenomenon. Mystic Eyes, Hypnotism, Mesmer- All of them with more or less, the same underlying principle. For the former Executor, his originated from his dark bloodline, though it was a mere shadow of what it could be. Regardless, it served his purpose well in his line of work such as now. When the pirate opened his eyes, Lucifer spoke.

"Is Sabbat on this station?"

His voice was slurred, slightly punch drunk as his pupils dilated.

"No."

"Is the pipeline here part of his masters plans or his own?"

"His own."

"Then what were you doing, trying to offload that cargo? Why that, after all the rest?"

"We were trying to make a quick cred."

Lucifer hummed quietly in contemplation. Finally he nodded as he spoke.

"What are your forces here?"

"One gang planet-side. One cell here."

"Where is the cell located?"

"Block 11-a. Underground."

That seemed to be all and Lucifer nodded as he spoke politely.

"Thank you very much. Sleep."

Between the deep hypnotic suggestions and the headache, sleep sounded very good and soon the thug was snoring lightly. Lucifer leaned back, thoughtful before he spoke.

"Malevolence. Its a rather nasty word, isn't it? In layman terms, you could call it the dark matter of the world. Imagine hatred, sin and evil given form, produced by the minds and deeds of millions of people, constantly like a prayer wheel. Sometimes, it takes tangible form and corrupts and empowers. That- from my time working with the defunct Coalition was what our purpose was. Keeping balance, preventing things from getting that badly. Otherwise, you get places like the Ragnarok front." His lips twitched in a wry smile.

"On the other hand, there are those with origins in evil who dedicate their lives to good. I'm friends with many of that sort and count myself among those. So what does that say for Malevolence and those from it? Is it truly evil? Or just another energy to beware and use in moderation? To that, I merely offer my own experiences. Those who seek it out, usually do so for the worse of intentions. It can make good men evil and bad men, worse. And this is one of these ways, which I was seeking to foil now when you contacted me." His brow furrowed and he got up from his chair, pacing back and forth before collecting his thoughts anew.

"Sabbat the Necromagus is a time traveler and an immensely powerful necromancer. His master, from what scant information I gleaned is even worse, but its the dog I seek to muzzle first before all. In recent months, Sabbat has been establishing a network as a drug lord. His opiate of choice, Malevolence in crystal form." His expression looked grim now as he continued. "The crystal shards empower those with magi ability, or unlock potential to release ones potential in that field. But in exchange, it removes all mental inhibitors. It leads the user to progressively darker deeds, the act empowering the drug till its all they can think of- an endless cycle between sacrifice and euphoria, all for another hit. I suspect that there is another effect, but I've no proof...Yet. At this moment, there is a cargo of uncut M-crystals being smuggled in this station. And while one might not be able to move such a cargo without notice from port authorities... Your request makes me wonder. Could your....Portal problem possibly be used for this?"

@Raptor Jesus

It was time then.

He turned to the body, sliding his hand beneath the chin. There were many methods to get answers from an interrogation- Sometimes the fear of pain, or the removal of sanctuary did it. Others were more subtle- Himself? A bit of both. He had never been the sort to torture a person and honestly, wasn't entirely sure how to go about doing it. But then again, he did have something of a trump card and it was made all the more easier, with a person recovering from pain and assault. Lucifers voice became a deep rumble, a touch of power reflected in his voice.

"Look into my eyes."

There were many names for this particular phenomenon. Mystic Eyes, Hypnotism, Mesmer- All of them with more or less, the same underlying principle. For the former Executor, his originated from his dark bloodline, though it was a mere shadow of what it could be. Regardless, it served his purpose well in his line of work such as now. When the pirate opened his eyes, Lucifer spoke.

"Is Sabbat on this station?"

His voice was slurred, slightly punch drunk as his pupils dilated.

"No."

"Is the pipeline here part of his masters plans or his own?"

"His own."

"Then what were you doing, trying to offload that cargo? Why that, after all the rest?"

"We were trying to make a quick cred."

Lucifer hummed quietly in contemplation. Finally he nodded as he spoke.

"What are your forces here?"

"One gang planet-side. One cell here."

"Where is the cell located?"

"Block 11-a. Underground."

That seemed to be all and Lucifer nodded as he spoke politely.

"Thank you very much. Sleep."

Between the deep hypnotic suggestions and the headache, sleep sounded very good and soon the thug was snoring lightly. Lucifer leaned back, thoughtful before he spoke.

"Malevolence. Its a rather nasty word, isn't it? In layman terms, you could call it the dark matter of the world. Imagine hatred, sin and evil given form, produced by the minds and deeds of millions of people, constantly like a prayer wheel. Sometimes, it takes tangible form and corrupts and empowers. That- from my time working with the defunct Coalition was what our purpose was. Keeping balance, preventing things from getting that badly. Otherwise, you get places like the Ragnarok front." His lips twitched in a wry smile.

"On the other hand, there are those with origins in evil who dedicate their lives to good. I'm friends with many of that sort and count myself among those. So what does that say for Malevolence and those from it? Is it truly evil? Or just another energy to beware and use in moderation? To that, I merely offer my own experiences. Those who seek it out, usually do so for the worse of intentions. It can make good men evil and bad men, worse. And this is one of these ways, which I was seeking to foil now when you contacted me." His brow furrowed and he got up from his chair, pacing back and forth before collecting his thoughts anew.

"Sabbat the Necromagus is a time traveler and an immensely powerful necromancer. His master, from what scant information I gleaned is even worse, but its the dog I seek to muzzle first before all. In recent months, Sabbat has been establishing a network as a drug lord. His opiate of choice, Malevolence in crystal form." His expression looked grim now as he continued. "The crystal shards empower those with magi ability, or unlock potential to release ones potential in that field. But in exchange, it removes all mental inhibitors. It leads the user to progressively darker deeds, the act empowering the drug till its all they can think of- an endless cycle between sacrifice and euphoria, all for another hit. I suspect that there is another effect, but I've no proof...Yet. At this moment, there is a cargo of uncut M-crystals being smuggled in this station. And while one might not be able to move such a cargo without notice from port authorities... Your request makes me wonder. Could your....Portal problem possibly be used for this?"

@Raptor Jesus
As Lucifer explained to Hekapoo what malevolence was and what it could do, all she could do was fold her arms and nod as he spoke. When he finished his statement, Hekapoo merely nodded and fell silent as she pondered his question.

"It's possible..." She solemnly replied, her usual sly, almoat flirtatious demeanor replaced with a now serious one. "People often open portals to smuggle illegal items either out of or into Mewni. Like fairy dust or counterfeit wands. Usually I or one of the other members of the High Commission catch them, but whoever this guy is, he's smart and crafty about his dimension hopping. At least, a lot smarter than the usual thug who manages to get their hands on a pair of dimensional scissors.

These... malevolence crystals. Can they be weaponized?"

As Lucifer explained to Hekapoo what malevolence was and what it could do, all she could do was fold her arms and nod as he spoke. When he finished his statement, Hekapoo merely nodded and fell silent as she pondered his question.

"It's possible..." She solemnly replied, her usual sly, almoat flirtatious demeanor replaced with a now serious one. "People often open portals to smuggle illegal items either out of or into Mewni. Like fairy dust or counterfeit wands. Usually I or one of the other members of the High Commission catch them, but whoever this guy is, he's smart and crafty about his dimension hopping. At least, a lot smarter than the usual thug who manages to get their hands on a pair of dimensional scissors.

These... malevolence crystals. Can they be weaponized?"

"In short? Yes. There was a project which involved crafting Homunculi for war, but it proved to be a failure and was subsequently wiped out by the M.E.U. I suspect there are other methods we've yet to see." He pondered for a moment more before adding, thinking about a city beneath the sea and the laughter of thirsting gods.

"Too much of it also tends to attract other beings who bring with them trouble of their own. But if this is what is happening, than it seems our work truly is entwined...Or there is a possibility. Either one could not be discounted." He was in his element now, considering rapidly all particular venues. Finally he spoke.

"We have a lead. Block 11-a on this station and from there, we might get some answers to their planetside contacts." He glanced around the warehouse as he muttered, spinning once to take in everything.

"So this place is no longer needed. Have you anything you need before we go, Miss Heckapoo?"

@Raptor Jesus

"In short? Yes. There was a project which involved crafting Homunculi for war, but it proved to be a failure and was subsequently wiped out by the M.E.U. I suspect there are other methods we've yet to see." He pondered for a moment more before adding, thinking about a city beneath the sea and the laughter of thirsting gods.

"Too much of it also tends to attract other beings who bring with them trouble of their own. But if this is what is happening, than it seems our work truly is entwined...Or there is a possibility. Either one could not be discounted." He was in his element now, considering rapidly all particular venues. Finally he spoke.

"We have a lead. Block 11-a on this station and from there, we might get some answers to their planetside contacts." He glanced around the warehouse as he muttered, spinning once to take in everything.

"So this place is no longer needed. Have you anything you need before we go, Miss Heckapoo?"

@Raptor Jesus
"Hmmm... well there is one thing." Hekapoo said as she approached the unconscious thug. Smiling, she rose a hand and casually slapped the back of his head, causing a bald spot to be burned there.

bhrXt.jpg

"Okay, now I'm ready." Hekapoo declared with a nod as she strolled outside the building alongside her new partner.

@Blacksmith

The space station sanitation areas were the domain of droids. Save for certain Xeno, no one wanted to really do it and so by and large, it was an automated process. Actual , sentient examination was a rare thing and one reason why it had been a choice for Sabbats cultists to infiltrate.

Lucifer got them in, snagging a maintenance Droid and ripping out its positronic brain. With it in hand, he accessed a worker entrance and led the way. His eyes gleamed in the shadowed lighting of the tunnels, now and then pausing before turning a particular direction. As they moved, he asked.

"So.... 'Magical Comission?' What exactly does this entail?"

@Raptor Jesus

The space station sanitation areas were the domain of droids. Save for certain Xeno, no one wanted to really do it and so by and large, it was an automated process. Actual , sentient examination was a rare thing and one reason why it had been a choice for Sabbats cultists to infiltrate.

Lucifer got them in, snagging a maintenance Droid and ripping out its positronic brain. With it in hand, he accessed a worker entrance and led the way. His eyes gleamed in the shadowed lighting of the tunnels, now and then pausing before turning a particular direction. As they moved, he asked.

"So.... 'Magical Comission?' What exactly does this entail?"

@Raptor Jesus
As they made their way through the dark tunnel, a small ball of flame was conjured up in Hekapoo's palm to help them see better. When Lucifer asked of the High Commission, Hekapoo paused for a moment before she looked up at the mercenary and replied.

"Well, first of all fleshwad, it's the Magical
High Commission." She corrected in an almost stern tone before easing up a bit. "But basically, we're supposed to oversee all the magic on Mewni. Whatever happens goes through us first.

There's Omnitraxus, who's in charge of the smart guy stuff, calculations and stuff. Then there's Rhombulus, who's basically our big dumb enforcer guy. Leckmet is like, the oldest member of the High Commission, and the wisest. Nowadays he just kinda hangs out with us, he's too old for battle and stuff. Lastly there's Queen Moon, who's essentially in charge of all of us. Think of her like the 'Head of the Board.' "
Hekapoo stated as they continued to walk down the tunnel.

@Blacksmith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back