Ame Damnee Warden's Haven - Hospital

| Adoneus Northstein |
___________________________________________________________________________Warden's Haven_____________________________________________________________________________

"Mother, he won't disappear if he doesn't get his clothes in the next few minutes, you don't have to rush!" Alix shouted desperately, trying to bring her mother to slow down, but the adressed woman didn't react, the only thing that was important now was her son.
Solange wasn't very tall, just like her son, but unlike her daughter Alix, who was about a head taller than the both of them. The woman of around 50 years age shared the same hair colour with her daughter; chestnut brown, with the only difference in colour being the grey areas in Solanges' hair.

The concerned mother carried folded clothes bound together with a cord in front of her chest, while Alix a few foot behind her carried a basket with baked goods across the marketplace, when a friend of their family stops Solange in her path, asking her about Adoneus "My daughter was here when he was on his way to the hospital! He must have looked like close to death!" Solange sighs "Well, we got a message that he will be fine, so I guess he luckily wasn't that close to it..." . Alix sighs and catches up with her mother while she talks, setting down the basket she carried.

Meanwhile in Warden's Haven Adoneus opened his eyes, he felt like he had been run over by a horse, he took a few moments to make sure he was fully awake before actually looking around. He certainly didn't feel good, but his fever had lowered for the moment. When trying to reposition his tongue in his mouth, Adoneus notices it sticking to his palate "Feels like a desert" the boy notes in his mind and tries to induce saliva production by moving his tongue around until he dry feeling disappears.

With a sigh of relief he presses his hand onto his forehead, it didn't feel so hot anymore, good, that had to be a good sign. Cheered up by the lowered fever Adoneus sits up in his cot and looks around, looking for something to drink, or perhaps someone he could ask for some water.

Warden's Haven
- Front Room -
Maxwell Tethir
The front room in Haven had changed little since Adoneus first fell asleep. A few patients had left, a few more had come in. One of the nurses had started a low fire to battle the coming night, but they still milled about, tending to the sick. Sarah was settled near the fire with a lute, quietly playing a gentle tune without words to sooth the patients who were still awake.

Maxwell was nowhere to be seen at the moment, but when Adoneus sat up, Bernard had taken notice and approached him, "You're awake," He stated the obvious to gain Adoneus' attention. He handed over a waterskin with a friendly smile. Either his thirst had shown on his face, or the nurses were regularly requested water when patients first wake up. "How are you feeling?" He added, "May I check?"

| Adoneus Northstein |
___________________________________________________________________________Warden's Haven_____________________________________________________________________________

Adoneus' attention is drawn by the quiet music, it sounded so peaceful and warm. Searching for the source of the lovely sound he looks through the room, until his eyes rest on Sarah who is sitting by the fire, playing the lute.
"Wonderful.." he mumbles to himself, watching the young nurse with delight.

One didn't hear music too often during winter, it was just too cold for most musicians at this time, for their audience aswell, here and there one could hear a tune from inside someone's home, if one has the money the theatre is also an option to hear some music during winter, but aside from that, music was in fact scarce during this cold season.

His thoughts are interrupted by Bernard, Adoneus had gazed at Sarah the whole time while sunken in thoughts, but it seems like he hasn't noticed. "Ah.. how did you know..?" Adoneus says, happily eyeing the waterskin before taking it.
Eagerly he opens the waterskin and presses the opening against his lips, he took a long drink, a very long one, before handing the skin back to Bernard. With one move of his hand he wipes the corners of his mouth dry and looks back at Bernard "I have felt better in my life." he responds chuckling lightly "But I think my fever has gone down a bit..." he points at his forehead, signalizing Bernard he would like him to check.

Warden's Haven
- Front Room -
Maxwell Tethir
"Had a pretty good hunch," Bernard grinned at the question, and he glanced to Sarah as Adoneus happily took the waterskin and drank his fill. "Sarah's father is a minstrel, taught her everything she knows." He grinned proudly, "We're lucky to have her." He hummed, letting Adoneus hold on to the waterskin as he settled onto the stool in front of him.

"You look better than earlier," Bernard smiled, offering some consolidation as he reached out, testing his forehead, then pressed his hands against Adoneus' neck, thumbs pressing gently on the arteries, counting out the beats, "You're right, your fever is breaking. Not quite normal, but on its way. Maxwell wanted you to get a bath, but we're waiting on a change of clothes." He sat back again, "I'm Bernard, by the way. Do you want anything else? Food? More water?"

| Adoneus Northstein |

"Oh I can imagine that her presence is highly appreciated here, waking up to a young beauty playing a calming song.. some people sure have considered staying.." Adoneus remarks amused while glancing at Sarah, his voice didn't sound in any way cheeky, but instead very calm, sometimes the white haired boy seemed a bit out of place with his endearing nature.

He smiles thankfully when Bernard say that he looks better, his body may still hurt, but at least there was progress. "Bernard is a nice name... it sounds strong." Adoneus eye's Bernard for a few second before giving off a delighted smile "Bernard the knight, sounds perfect in my opinion." he shook his head when questioned if he wants anything else "I am not hungry... thank you."

Solange and her daughter arrive at the entrance of the hospital, not sure if they should just come in or wait until someone comes, they knock at the front door before pushing it slightly open to set a foot inside "Hello..?" Axil tries to make someone notice her while looking through the room with the basket in both her hands.

Warden's Haven
- Front Room -
Maxwell Tethir
Bernard actually laughed at his comment over Adoneus, not because he thought the man was being forward, but because what he described was a familiar occurrence around here. "Some people have been calling her 'Nightingale' and yes, they certainly try to stay past their need." Bernard smiled, "Maxwell kicks them out right away though. He's more protective of her than her own father," He leaned in a bit, looking a bit conspiratory, "but don't let him hear you accuse him of that." He winked and leaned back.

At the mention of the name, though, Bernard's eyes widened and he quickly shook his head, "Oh no, a knight? Never!" He smiled, standing up, "Not my cup of tea, I assure you. Gentle giant, I prefer." He paused, hearing the bell at the front door ring and he turned his head, trying to look past the dividers to see who arrived. Rosie, however, was closer, and wen to greet the new guests.

"Hello." Rosie greeted the two with a smile, hands brushing off the herbal powders she had been mixing at the desk. Her eyes scanned over the both of them quickly, assessing if they were injured or sick. Neither, they must be visitors. She spotted the basket of bakery goodies and the change of clothes and took an educated guess, "Are you here for Adoneus? He's right over here." She hummed, gesturing towards his bed.

| Adoneus Northstein |

Adoneus joins Bernard's laughter with a lighthearted chuckle and lies back onto the cot, sitting made the rib-pain stronger, so lying was much more comfortable right now, "Maxwell seems to care a lot for the people around him... speaking of whom, where is he..?" Adoneus asks before smiling because of Bernards response "Well, strenght isn't always measured in muscle mass, so I can still say that it sounds like the name of a strong person.." he nods to approve of his own assumption.

When the heard the bell at the front door, Adoneus already knew who it was, not that he wouldn't be glad so see his family, but no matter how calm the atmosphere was, they would always manage to make a turmoil. Maybe it was because he was the only boy in the household, but he has always been different, not only did he look completely different with his soft facial features, white hair and brown-reddish eyes, but also his character was very different. His mother and sister were fierce, stubborn women who didn't like to sugarcoat anything, except for the pastries in their bakery.

The mother nodded and looked over to Adoneus with a smile, quickly walking past Rosie to her sick son who wacthes her come closer with a gentle smile "I was so worried..!" she instantly sighs and feels Adoneus forehead. Alix watches as her mother rushes past the nurse, she looks at Rosie with a smirk and rolls her eyes "Sometimes I wonder if a metal door could seperate her from her children, but I dont think so.." with these words she presses the basket into Rosies' hands "We thought you have better use for them, we would only let them harden until we can turn them into breadcrumbs..".

Adoneus smiles lightly, the calm atmosphere was gone, his eyes drift off to the clothes his mother had brought... ahh, his favorite knitted sweater, she knew that it was his favorite, "Thank you for coming mother... but you worry too much.. I am in good hands here, I will be alright in no time." he tries to convince her, but his mother laughs and gently puts a hand on her sons' cheek "How could a mother not worry about her sick child..?".

Warden's Haven
- Front Room -
Maxwell Tethir
"He's pretty great," Bernard said, with obvious respect. At the question to his location, he glanced towards the hall leading to the back, "he disappeared into his office a little while ago." He smiled, "He's hiding from Rosie. He doesn't want to go back to the funeral and she's fussing at him."

The two women who came in certainly pulled the attention of the room. The mother, Bernard assumed, came charging forward and Bernard quietly stepped out of the way while she fussed over him in the bed. They had family like that in here often, though it did, unfortunately, disturb the peace Maxwell tried to keep.

Rosie tutted, gently, at Alix when she passed over the basket, "Oh, thank you dear, of course you didn't have to," She smiled, patting the girls shoulder. Her eyes flickered towards the back hallway before she leaned forward, "Best to visit with your brother, love," She encouraged before she brought the basket to the single desk. She would happily pass these out after dinner. She was sure the patients would love the extra treat.

The family's reunion would be short lived, however, as Maxwell appeared in the main room again, as if drawn in by the disturbance. He scanned the room, finding the small crowd around Adoneus and he approached. Bernard excused himself, stepping away just as Maxwell came to the edge of his cot, "Hello, Alix," He greeted the woman he briefly spoke to earlier that day, then looked to the older woman, "And you must be Mrs. Northstein, the baker, yes?"

| Adoneus Northstein |

With an approving nod Alix now follows Solange to her sick brother, she eyes him for a moment until she gives him an encouraging slap on the back "Looks like your time hasn't come yet, I am actually surprised that you look so much more alive than before... do they have some magic healing potion..?" she asks teasingly, but Adoneus doesn't let himself be affected by that "Not a magic potion, but the people here themselves are the secret as far as I can tell..." the white haired boy says while glancing over to Bernard with a smile.

His attention is drawn in by the figure in the back which turned out to be Maxwell, he watches the healer come towards them. Alix notices how her little brother is glancing past them, she turns around and is greeted by Maxwell "Oh hello." She responds shortly, she knew her mother would instantly pelt the poor man with question about her son. The aged woman turns around, leaving out a sigh of pleasant surprise "Yes, you know about our bakery? But you arent a customer, or...? I am sure I would remember the face of a handsome young man in my bakery..." She states chuckling, looking to her daughter who just rolls her eyes, she knew what was about to come. Solange leans a bit towards Maxwell and mumbles "My daughter still isn't taken, I would be glad to know her having a good and strong man on her side...".

Adoneus had turned his face away, trying to hold his laughter back out of politeness, his face was already turning red from all the effort in keeping himself together, inside he felt sorry for Maxwell and his sister who stood there, unamused staring at her mother with crossed arms.

Warden's Haven
- Front Room -
Maxwell Tethir
Maxwell's smile slid pleasantly into place as he nodded to the older woman, "Yes, never had the chance to visit the place myself, but our former patients do sometimes spoil my staff with your treats. May I -" He began, a hand held out for the clothes the woman held in her hands, but instead of handing them over, she instead leaned forward and propositions her daughter for him. His eyes widened, marginally, and his smile grew rather stiff.

"If she is anything like her mother, I am sure she can handle herself," He replied, smoothly, his eyes sliding over to the red-faced Adoneus, to Alix, then quickly spoke again before their mother could argue her point further, "Now, Adoneus may be feeling better, but I have recommended that he remains here for the night to rest. I'll take his clothes, now, thank you." Again he held out his hand, polite smile returning.

| Adoneus Northstein |

In the background Adoneus had calmed down, closely watching Maxwell interact with his family, if there was one thing he knew for sure, it was that reactions told more about a person than words did. The decliantion was dry, without any hesitation, Adoneus lowers his head in thought, before lying back down on his back, the pain of his broken rib moving causes the boy to flinch.

Clearly disappointed Solange hands the clothes she brought for her son over to Maxwell, in contrary Alix was smiling again, grabbing her mother's hand, Adoneus' sister had noticed that she and her mother caused the atmosphere to become rather awkward "Come mother, Adoneus needs to rest now, we wanted to prepare the dough for tomorrow, don't you remember..?" She says kindly, hinting that they should leave by pulling her slightly in the direction of the entrance where they came from.

"Don't worry mother, we will see each other tomorrow..!" Adoneus says with a smile while lifting his hand to wave his mother goodbye. Solange throws a resenting glance towards Maxwell before waving back at her son and turning around to leave with her daughter.

Adoneus sighs amused and covers his eyes by resting his wrist on his face "You shouldn't take it personal... she is a very prideful woman... but first and foremost you keep her poor son here for a whole night" as he says the last words in an ironic tone, he lifts his hand to look at Maxwell with a cheeky smirk on his face.

Warden's Haven
- Front Room -
Maxwell Tethir
"Thank you," Maxwell added as the clothes were handed over, "And thank you for the basket of treats," he said, this time towards Alix, "our patients will be blessing you after dinner, I imagine." He tilted his head towards the both of them, but quickly straightened, his eyes flickering towards Adoneus when the young man settled and flinched because of it.

He tucked the bundle under his arm, his gaze finding the mother just in time to catch the resentment in her eyes. He didn't take it personally. He had much worse thrown at him in the past. He was trying to figure out which part of the conversation had caused that resentment when he turned back to Adoneus, facing his amused gaze.

Ah, he realized, when Adoneus spoke. It was the part about keeping her son overnight, "I'll remember to apologize for not being the miracle worker." He said, mildly, only to let a soft grin grow across his expression, amusement grew in her eyes "Your mother is.. fierce. I would hate to see her truly angry. Now." He hummed, glancing over Adoneus properly now, "How do you feel, truly?"

| Adoneus Northstein |

Maxwell's response makes the grin on the boy's face grow even wider for a second, just before reverting into his neutral expression "I cannot exactly tell how that would look like, she never got truly angry at me." He utters flatly while using his hands to push his torso up into a sitting position.

"Truly...?" Adoneus repeats, turning his face to the side towards Maxwell, he takes a moment to focus on how he feels like, the headache was fading, but his other aches were still there, unchanged in intensity. A thought shoots through his mind "I didn't have any hallucinations sicne my fever is going down..".
The white haired boy reaches for the wound on his head, but only ends up fiddling with the bandages that cover it "My fever has gone down and my headache is disappearing aswell, but other than that... " he reaches with one hand for the clothes Maxwell is holding tucked under his arm to touch the soft fabric of his sweater, "-..I still feel like a dozen horses would've run me over."

Warden's Haven
- Front Room -
Maxwell Tethir
Maxwell hummed at Adoneus' comment about his mother. Never been truly angry with him, Maxwell thought that rather lucky. He laughed at his comment on his current state of recovery before he shifted and handed the sweater over to Adoneus. He checked his bandages, his fever, his eyes, then his pulse. Adoneus looked far better than the panicked wreck he had been just hours earlier.

"Your body is going to be going through recovery now. Doctors orders: eat, sleep, and drink plenty," He said, settling down on his stool, "I'm going to check you over again. Just hold still." He hesitated, ensuring Adoneus didn't deny him before he pressed his hands in the same way he had before, palms against his jaw, and fingers curling around to the base of his skull.

His eyes shut, and he listened.

| Adoneus Northstein |

While Maxwell does a quick check-up on him, Adoneus looks down at the sweater in his hands, in thought he rubs the soft wool between his fingers, knitted sweaters were the most comfortable piece of clothing one could possibly have, at least in his opinion.
In his head, Aodneus was trying to figure out what had happened a few days ago, but almost all his memory of the fight or what happened before was lost, or at least clouded. At the thought of the fight, he notices a feeling of betrayal lingering around that memory, but who would betray him? He barely knew anyone personally in the fighting scene, so who would have a reason to betray him? Especially when under the influence of his ability.

"Did someone find out about it...?" he asks himself in thought, just imagining it bothered him, his ability was a well-kept secret, only his mother and sister knew about it, as far as he could tell. Even if someone would suspect it, he could just tell them the opposite and ask them to trust him. Perhaps that feeling was just the boy's mind tricking him again.

With an abstracted expression on his face Adoneus just nods as a response to Maxwell, before stopping his line of thinking to pay attention to the real world again. He hadn't really catched what Maxwell said, so he just sat still.

The strange feeling inside Adoneus wasn't gone, nor had it changed. The boy's mind was calm as it could be, like nothing was wrong. But Maxwell could clearly feel something completely distorted inside Adoneus. It gave off the unreal feeling of a nightmare without clear danger.

Warden's Haven
- Front Room -
Maxwell Tethir
Adoneus didn't immediately respond and, though Maxwell didn't explicitly ask for one, he hesitated until Adoneus had nodded confirmation to his words. He studied the young man, watching his tense expression before he hummed and let his power flow.

His first check was the head, but he was relieved to see that the wound was recovering. After they washed out the infection, the body was working quickly to finish off the remains. Maxwell would change the bandages again after his bath and then perhaps in the morning the infection would be weak enough that Maxwell could heal the wound completely. The threat of sepsis was gone, and there was still no hint of concussion that Maxwell could see.

The rib was still broken - cracked badly, rather. Now that Adoneus wasn't about to keel over, Maxwell felt safe to spread his magic out. His hand moved from Adoneus' jaw down to spread gently along his side. He pressed gently, his hands warm as the healing magic passed between them. The bruising, and slowly the rib, began to heal, the break fitting together, and the pain fading quickly.

That was the easy part.

Maxwell paused then and took a deep breath. Now to the matter at hand. There was something.. off about Adoneus. Something that Maxwell had hoped would have sorted itself out, but no. It was unsettling, as if Maxwell should have seen the answer, but no matter how he searched, he could not find the source. That was frustrating.

He let out a huff as he opened his eyes, his magic withdrawing and his hands releasing Adoneus. "Alright." He said, then again, "Alright.. Your broken rib has healed, and your head is doing well. If it continues to improve at this rate, I believe I can heal it completely by tomorrow. tell me, do you feel any different from before your fall?" He asked, hoping to get some clues to the reason behind the unsettling feeling.

| Adoneus Northstein |

Calmly watching Maxwell, Adoneus endures the whole procedure with a mild optimistic smile on his face, Adoneus had lost any doubt that plagued his mind concerning his recovery. He twitches as a reaction to the pain caused by Maxwell putting his hand on Adoneus' side, his hands clutch at his sweater. Right after the short sensation of pain, a warm, bubbly feeling spreads through his side, he loosens the grip on his sweater and relaxes again, it felt interesting, he would even call it enjoyable if it wasn't for the pain at the beginning.

The young man looks up at Maxwells face, inspecting it another time as he hadn't been able to pay much attention to his surroundings with his muddled mind when he first arrived. Just now he notices Maxwell's pointed ears, asie from that, initially it didn't fit in Adoneus' eyes, because aside from his ears Maxwell looked mostly human "Half-elf?" he questioned himself in his thoughts, now focusing on his eyes which have a gentle blue colour. Yes, he looked like the kind person he thought him to be, but the longer he looked into Maxwell's eyes, the clearer he could see that Maxwell wasn't just the reserved and polite doctor. Nobody is spared by the darkness inside oneself after all.

The healer then closed his eyes, so Adoneus looks back down at the floor, waiting. He raises his head to Maxwell questioning him about him feeling any different from before the "fall", with an unusually earnest stare he responds "Why? is there something wrong?".

Warden's Haven
- Front Room -
Maxwell Tethir
Maxwell smiled at the question. That was usually the question patients asked first. 'Why'. "Nothing serious," He didn't think, "You seem unbalanced. I can't quite pinpoint the cause, but it may simply be that you were rattled and you're not quite feeling better yet." He reached up, patting the man on his shoulder.

"Don't think too hard on it." He assured as he stood up, "If I've learned anything in my time as a healer, its that people's bodies are weird and like to work in weird ways." He chuckled as he stepped back, "Think you can stand? I'll give you a choice. Food first, or bath first." He asked, his hand held out to offer Adoneus help up.

He would have to keep an eye on this one. It didn't seem to have gotten worse, but it hadn't gotten better either... Maxwell would check it again later.

| Adoneus Northstein |

Adoneus' face softens up into a neutral expression again as the healer explains, he almost started to doubt his words, but decides to trust Maxwell for now "Let's just hope the best." he responds, softly smiling. Adoneus tilts his head slightly as Maxwell tells him about his experience, before letting a light chuckle leave his lips "As long as they work the way they are supposed to, they can be as weird as they please I suppose.." he says calmly while he prepares to stand up, setting his feet down onto the floor before clasping Maxwells's hand with a grateful smile, before getting up on his feet with his help. He stands a bit wobbly at first, but it seemed to work "I would like to take the bath first, as I would rather eat without that rancid smell of dried blood in my nose.." he says with a light chuckle.

Adoneus focused on his balance to stay on his feet, as soon as he gets used to the feeling of standing upright, the young man walks forward away from his cot, the way he walked now made it seem like he wouldn't feel bad at all, with a high, but not haughty raised head, he walks to the middle of the room in a graceful pace, before turning around to wait for Maxwell to lead him, smiling gently while looking at the healer.

Warden's Haven
- Front Room -
Maxwell Tethir
"Mmmh, sometimes life itself is weird." Maxwell agreed as Adoneus came up to a stand. He held onto the wobbly man until he was sure he wasn't going to fall over again. Adoneus kept himself upright, and decided on a bath instead of a meal. He didn't blame the man, thats the first thing Maxwell would want too.

"Alright," He agreed, watching Adoneus walk, a little unsteady but he hadn't fallen. Maxwell followed him and gestured towards the back hall. "This way." He urged, walking beside him as they walked the short distance from the back wall to the first door on the left. Inside was a room without windows, lit by soft candles set upon the shelves and floors. There were two tubs and some seating and towels set upon them. The tubs were empty, but the taps hung over the tubs, ready to spew hot and cold. "Here we are." He said, stepping aside to let Adoneus enter.

"Don't get the bandages wet." Maxwell pointed out the obvious as he hesitated. "Usually one of us will stay to ensure you don't fall and hurt yourself."

Back