Ame Damnee Warden's Haven - Hospital

Sikex, played by Meliodas

Warden's Haven - Hospital
Sikex rarely exposed his wings, and instead used a form of magic all angels possessed to mask them. As far as anyone knew, he was human, which he preferred in order to blend in. His entire existence had made him accustomed to operating from the shadows. In one way or another, everyone already knew to expect him, yet they still always seemed surprised when he did.

Catching the strange armor-clad individual out of the corner of his eye, he smiled at Oni, reaching to take her hand into his and kiss it out of respect. “Pleasure. You can call me Sikex.”

Wolf reenters the hospital, making sure not to disturb anyone on his way in. He catches Calm staring at a man kissing the hand of a winged red haired woman.

"I didn't take you for a romantic." He said

"I'm not. Well...not anymore at least. Did you find what you were looking for?" She replied

"Perhaps. I was able to discover a room guarded by an unusually large number of dead guards."

"And whatever was in the chamber has been stolen?" Wolf shakes his head.

"I do not know. But whatever was in there must be rather valuable." He looked around to make sure no one was listening on them before speaking in whispered Rolmspiel.

"<I met a man in the chamber's halls. I did not get a good look, but he knew about the Void Born.>" Wolf had caught Calm's attention and she processed Wolf's words.

"<He did...are you certain? This could mean a number of things.>"

"<Good things I hope.>"

"<Nothing is that simple. I must do some more investigating.>" She said before leaving the hospital. She was stopped by Wolf before she could get anywhere far however.

"<At least tell me your plans before you leave. We are in this together remember not?>" Wolf said

"<Of course I remember.> Calm replied, pushing Wolf's hand off her shoulder. "<I was merely going to search for the city's orphans. There are no spies better then a horde of parentless Orphans.>"

<"...Very well. Carry on.>" Wolf said before taking his post, watching over the hospital. Calm leaves the hospital in search of the local orphanage.

Oni was pretty surprised when the man took her hand and kissednit rather than just shaking it. A feint pink colored her cheeks, but she smiled politely at him. "Its a pleasure to meet you, Sikex. I wish it was under better circumstances." She said, squeezing his hand gently before she let her hand slide from his.

"Do you know what happened?" She asked him, looking around them slowly. She knew that it was kind of a heavy question to ask, but since they were both standing in a hospital, surrounded by injured, dying, or dead people; she felt that it was a good thing to ask. There was very little being said. Mostly just about people being attacked by the undead. That she already knew.

It was rather ironic that Sikex knew as little as he did. Although he was Death incarnate, he had a shallow understanding of what happened or why. He knew when people were going to die because he could sense it, but he never understood why they had to die or what for. The results of the attack were more clear to Sikex than anything else, which troubled him. A lot of things were moving in Terrestria all at once, which made him think there were forces at work that hadn’t been seen in centuries.

“Afraid not. Appears it is over, though. As an angel, I’d imagine you would know more than me…”

Oni sighed and shook her head. "I'm afraid that I know about as much as you. I am not connected to the heavenly bodies like some of my siblings. I'm just a soldier, and so that means I am low on the list of people who need to know important information." She explained to him. "Most of the time I can't even see my more powerful family." She said, opening her wings to let them stretch before she pulled them in tightly against her. She let her eyes fall on the face of the man before her as she turned to face him. She was aware that she was not directly related to the other angels, but being part of the same race made them something like family to her. It was easier to think like that than she was just alone.

Dusk was approaching and Calm has yet to return. Whatever she was planning was taking time, too much time. At the moment however Wolf didn't need to go. He'll wait until the next day before he needed to begin the search. Whatever trouble the Scout was in she could handle it herself. Still...it wasn't such a bad idea to go outside and watch the streets for her, just in case. Wolf takes to the streets and began keeping a vigilant eye on the roads.

Cryker Reywynn - New Eden Hospital

The hospital, Cryker thought, the hospital must be guarded. After the attack, there must be many injured. They would have it guarded. "And I don't think I'm gonna make it to the Warden's Fort, eaugh." Cryker mumbled aloud in the vanishing light, still staggering his way along. He was vaguely feeling the area around him with his tremorsense, albeit poorly in his current state. He recognized something he felt earlier, a presence that seemed armored, and yet undead from the lack of a heartbeat. This one was different, though, much heavier. He recognized it quickly for what it was when he saw it, though.

A void born.

Cryker approached the massive suit of armor carefully, and called out to it. His words were slow and slurred, but sure. "Ho, void born." He called, grimacing in the dark from the pain of speaking. He stopped short of them keeping a fair distance between them, and his state hidden in the shadow, as to not reveal his weakness, if his voice didn't give it away. "You wait on another, yes?"

Wolf hears the man calling out to him. He was taken aback by how the man knew what he was, but he was honorbound to help the man, within reason of course. Wolf quickly makes his way over to the man and without even saying a word, he lifts him on his shoulders, easily lifting the patient. He takes injured man into the hospital and places him into an empty medical bed. He looks around before kneeling down next to the man and whispering to him.

"What do you know of the Void Born?" He asks

"I thank you, knight, for your assistance." Cryker said, propping himself on an elbow, grateful to be off his feet. He gradually came to a seated position, and began to remove his armor, stripping it off and lying it beside his bed. He continued to speak as he did so. "I spent a long time in Oblitus. The details aren't important, but I spent a day in Rolm, and some time in the countryside. I know a bit about them, though I can't say to know too much. I know a bit about you fellows, how you came to be, and what you can do." He clenched his damaged teeth as he pulled the heavier jacket over his head, leaving only a light and loose shirt remaining. He kept his sword, however, strapped firm around him.

"I even picked up some plates for my armor while I was there." Cryker kicked the plate lying on the floor with his boot. "Solid stuff, never seen its equal." Cryker turned to Wolf, and examined his glowing eyes and armor. "You're Honor Guard, if I remember correctly. I saw one of your brethren. A Scout, I think. Their armor was light, far lighter than yours. Were they with you?"

"Yes...what of it?" Wolf knew better then to trust this man, but it would be better to perhaps keep the man under his watch rather then not. In any case the man was too injured to move, or at least that is what it seems like. He would just be a steps away while the doctors do their work. "We shall talk about this more later." He said, before stepping aside to let the doctors tend to the man.

Heaven was no longer paradise, but neither was Terrestria for that matter. The heavens were divided, and angels and daemons were at each other’s throat. This wasn’t the same world Sikex had long come to know. Aditi had abandoned them, Lucifer had disappeared, and mankind harnessed power they were arguably unfit to wield. Things were only continuing to get even stranger, and all Sikex could do about it was watch. He was bound by oath to act only as an observer, or otherwise, forfeit his responsibilities.

“Would you care for a drink? I run a tavern in the city. I’m sure everyone here will fair just fine without you for a while.” Sikex wasn’t expecting any appointments.

Looking away, he gazed briefly at Cryker, as if perplexed. “It seems you, on the other hand, missed your appointment…” He thought to himself.

"Wait." Cryker called, motioning for Wolf to come close. Cryker sat forward, edging his way to the side of the bed. It may be useful, it occurred to him, to have the void born on his side when he returned to the underground. He leaned as close as he could to the void born and covered his mouth so his lips wouldn't be read. "They're in the Underground. Dangerous. Secretive. I don't know if she was there of her own will. There were men with her. Too many for the both of you. Several hundred in the underground, perhaps, and all strong."

"I don't know how she's going to get out. She's either leaving there as one of them, or in pieces." He drew himself back, and reclined in the bed, kicking off his boots as he did so. He waved the doctors away, much to their chagrin. He would heal better on his own in time. A magic healer would be better, but most of them were probably all but spent.

Cryker locked eyes briefly with Sikex. He wasn't sure what he saw. Pity? Disappointment? Or something Else? He wasn't sure. Cryker hung a foot over the edge of the low bed, flat on the ground. He would hopefully be able to sense if anyone tried something, paying particular attention to Sikex, just in case.

Last edited:
Wolf took the man's words and placed it the back of his mind. Before he let the doctors work, he whispered to the man. "Mit Ehre sprechen, sprechen mit der Pflicht. Meet me in the local tavern and speak that phrase when you are ready to talk." He takes his post outside the hospital and resumed waiting for his comrade. Wolf wondered if the man was right. Or if this was just a trap. Needless to say he couldn't take any risks. Come morning he will speak to the local law, should Calm has yet to arrive.

Oni looked around her when Sikex asked hernif she wanted a drink, and mentioned that they might not need her help. She could see that he was right. More Wardens were showing up, which meant that she was not needed. Her attention returned to Sikex and a small smile graced her lips. "I would love a drink." She said to him, knowing that sticking around the hospital would not help her. She felt depressed as it was, with so much death and the reason behind it possibly known to many. No one would get real answered.

Wolf waited and watched for Calm to return. The sun was quickly going down, and night will be upon them soon. He could stand there all night if he had to, but the longer he had to wait, the more he worried. Soon however his worries were put aside when he hears the sound of clacking armor heading towards him from the winding train. He turns his head to see Calm coming from the trail, looking naught worst for wear. He walks up to the Scout, and spoke to her in Rolmspiel.

"<Where have you been?>" He said, trying to hide any hint of anger or worry

"<Does it matter? I've just been scouting around the orphanage.>" She replied

"<For several hours?>"

"<I was caught up in some business. Nothing for you to worry about.>"

"<and what of the Underground?>" He added, remember what the injured man had said to him. Calm was surprised. She didn't know how Wolf managed to get information about the Underground, but it didnt matter at the time. It was highly unlikely he knew much about them, or their members so he wasn't much of a threat, at least not yet.

"<What of them?>" She asks

"<Were you or have you made contact with them?>" Wolf asks. he wanted to know if the man's words were true and that Calm had been captured by the Underground. The fact that she was here meant she either escaped, or the man had lied about her capture.

"<Yes. I found an entrance to their base, but we do not need to worry. I managed to do some extensive examination of the base. Nothing more then an underground pit arena.>" Calm answered quickly, making sure not to reveal to much about her true involvement in the Underground. Wolf thought about her words for a moment before replying.

"<If you say so. I shall trust you for you are my Sister. If you are not busy then might I ask that you to secure my post for the night. I wish to explore the city while everyone is about to sleep.>" Wolf replied

"<....Fine. Go. I shall be here awaiting your return.>" Calm answered, and Wolf gave her a respectable bow, thanking and leaves her to her duties. Calm was rather suspicious of Wolf. It wasn't like him to be this curious, at least at night, walking around like a common thug, but she still didn't worry. His honor prevented him from lying nor deceiving her. Should she asks, he would need to tell her everything she wanted.

His sign of compassion had ulterior motives as Sikex knew he needed to get back to the tavern. Lorie and Abbi surely would be losing their minds right about now. He knew he’d let them down, but he wanted to ensure their safety. Not to mention, he wasn’t permitted to inform anyone of his true nature. Sikex needed to travel for business, and there was really no other way around that. Hopefully, they would forgive him. Lorie especially due to her fear of closed spaces.

Taking Oni’s arm, he walked her out of the hospital, and towards the tavern…

Calm had taken to doing some basic maintenance on herself, using a rag to clean out any dirt or grime from the underside of her armor. While doing this she catches the sight of a man was running up to the hospital. Strangely enough, the man ran over to her, and what was more the man had a message. The man tells her that an armored knight with glowing blue eyes had told him to tell her to meet him at Warden's keep. She didn't know why, but she hoped it was something important. The courier left and she quickly took off for the keep. wondering what could be in store.

Cryker Rewywnn

It was around midday when Cryker woke with a splitting headache. He groaned, and opened his eyes slowly. With a long sigh, he heaved himself out of the cot he had slept in. He was somewhat surprised he hadn't been killed in his sleep. Even more surprising, he felt strong. He still felt like he had been slammed in the head with a sack of bricks repeatedly, but strong nonetheless. Cryker grabbed a small metal bowl of water from the nightstand near the bed and looked at his reflection.

"Well, at least anyone looking for me will have to make a second take." He muttered.

He washed his face carefully with a cloth, removing most of the blood, and leaving a myriad of half sealed cuts and bruises. He donned his armor, fastening it tightly, and strapped his sword back onto his belt. It hummed appreciativly. Cryker smiled lightly. He still didn't know why Lonesome Road had woken so suddenly, but he appreciated it nonetheless. He made a final pass over the room, checking to see if he had missed anything.

"I didn't think you'd make it through the night, let alone be on your feet. You healed far better than I expected." Cryker heard from behind him. He turned to a doctor with dark circles under his eyes, and clothes stained with blood. He must have been working all night.

"I thought I was dead. Thankfully, though, I wasn't. I appreciate your help, doctor." Cryker retrieved a gold coin from the inside of his jacket. He was surprised Devon had forgotten to check his pockets. He offered the coin to the doctor. He was fairly sure the man would put it to good use, rather than pocket it. "Keep these people alive, all right?"

The doctor hesitated, but accepted the coin. He nodded in thanks. The doctor paused, but spoke as Cryker opened the door. "Those wounds... they were not caused by the living dead. You had little life force, and were beaten to hell, but almost entirely on the face, and with punches, it would look like." The doctor stated grimly. "They were caused by other people. And they meant to kill. And I don't think they'll be happy if they find out you're alive." The doctor hesitated. He continued, with a twinge of embarrassed honesty. "I'm a doctor. I can't lie if they ask about you. Most of the wardens have left the city chasing after the plume. It's going to be hard to find somewhere safe."

"The wardens have left the city?" Cryker muttered. "That scratches off one ally, for the time being." Cryker paused in the doorway, thinking. "I don't expect you to cover for me. You're just a man doing his job. But I do hope you'll pass along a message, if some men do come by asking for me. Tell them... Tell them that I'm going to break Minerva's world, and forge it into my own."

The doctor nodded shallowly. He refrained from asking questions. The less he knew, the better. With that, Cryker departed for the palace. Hopefully, he could find help there.

Last edited:
Back