Warriors Cats~Hidden Stars

Duskflower looked at the apprentices wound. "Hmm, looks like a fox. What were you doing hunting a fox?" She questioned as she searched for some Horsetail and Goldenrod, chewing both up into a good poultice and spitting it onto the wound before pressing some cobwebs onto it. "Moonpaw, what does Horsetail do?" she asks, wanting this to be a learning experience.

Sparrowpaw nodded stiffly to Specklepaw, not really caring if she thought he was being a bit blunt. Then he turned his broad head to face Waspclaw as the warrior answered his question. Sparrowpaw lifted his chin and stared into Waspclaw's eyes as if Waspclaw had just challenged him. "Of course my mentor knows!" he meowed, though he knew for a fact that his mentor didn't know. He had no clue where his mentor was even. That was why he wanted to go with Waspclaw and Specklepaw, he didn't want to be stuck in camp all day doing nothing. If he sneaked out of camp by himself, then he could get into way more trouble than if he went with Waspclaw. He didn't really know them, well he didn't really know anyone, but that didn't matter. As long as he was doing something he'd be fine.

The young tom's head swiveled slightly to the side as he heard Frostpaw padding into camp. He raised an eyebrow as Frostpaw told his brother he had been hunting. "Sure you were." he thought to himself, his thoughts sarcastic, "like even a hare could do that!" His eyes glimmered with slight annoyance but he soon looked away, turning his attention back to the pair in front of him. His tail twitched impatiently, he wanted to get going. His paws were itching to be out of camp! His gaze traveled towards Specklepaw, he wondered how much she wanted to get out and explore. It didn't seem like she was bouncing off the walls with excitement, but she didn't seem bored either.

"A fox! Frostpaw, why would you do something like that? Oh, sorry Duskflower. Horsetail helps prevent wounds from infection. As for Goldenrod, it speeds up the healing time." Moonpaw pulls a bit of webbing from the supplies, keeping it near for Dusk to use.
As for Frost, he winced in pain constantly as it was applied. "Dad was with me, we were fine."
"No, you weren't. He shouldn't be taking you out for runs like this so early. I-It seems too early."
"Pfft, so I can lay around and take these simple lessons? No, I need to get stronger...faster... You wouldn't understand, Tangleears."
Moonpaw bit down as hard as he could to resist from tackling his brother. That nickname had always triggered him and even when he would stand up for himself, he was always pinned down by his brother. What was even worst though, was that Frost had rudely overlooked Moon's choice. He had always wanted to become a warrior, but at the same time, he wanted to get away from his Father's abusive training and his brother's insult, so he settled as a Medicine Cat.

"Frostpaw, that is awfully rude! You shouldn't be so mean to your brother." Duskflower scolded. Sometimes Moonpaws brother could be very insensetive. "Good moonpaw, but you've mixed them up. It's okay though, just work on it." She was worried, though, this wound looked pretty serious, it would probably take a few days to fully heal. She should talk to his father, or perhaps the deputy. This was reckless.
"Well, you're going to have to take it easy until it heals. I'll check it every morning to change the dressing, it'll be very bad if it gets infected." She says as she finishes up.

Frost nods his head, slightly taken aback by her scolding. The cat gets to his feet and glances at his brother before saying "Thank you Duskflower, I appreciate your your healings." And with that, he exits not saying a word more. Tch, mouse brain. Always having others defend himself like a kit. Well, that's the last time he cowers in front of me...
Moonpaw sighs in relief once his brother had finally gone. "Thanks for standing up for me, Duskflower. I owe you..." He rubs his silvery black fur against her orangish red fur in appreciation. "We should probably go see the Elders now, right?" Moonpaw didn't wan't her getting involved too much in his family's relationship. He was scared for both her and himself so he tried to lighten the mood a little.

Lilac eyes grinned at his apprentice, it always lightened his mood when they showed this kind of excitement, so eager to learn!.
"We're going hunting today, see if we can get anything and visit some of the best spots in the territory, at least some of them" he explained, his apprentice's enthusiastic attitude was quite contagious.
"So let's get going then". He offered, starting to walk away.

"Awesome!" He said excitedly, following his mentor, easily keeping pace with the slightly larger tom, he loved hunting, his large ears gave him a good sense of hearing, and let him find prey under the dense leaves. "Wonder what we'll find, maybe some squirrels? Maybe some voles?" He asked excitedly, tail swishing in anticipation, he could taste the prey already.

Lilac eyes chuckled softly. "Perhaps, perhaps. Keep your eyes open and pay attention to your surroundings. We'll soon get to one of my favourite hunting spots, and once we're there, no talking allowed. First you watch me, then you go next, alright?" He explained, wanting to make sure the other had understood everything just fine. He was sure the eager apprentice would've it all under control, but checking was never a bad idea.

Duskflower nodded. "Let's get going." She meowed as she picked up the mouse bile and began to pad down to the Elders Den, nodding a greeting to a few of the Warriors and Apprentices along the way. She paused to make sure that Moonpaw was coming. Duskflower was getting worried about him. He wasn't socializing with others and his own brother constantly teased him. He could use some confidence, but she didn't know how to help.

"Ok, then that means we're ready to go!" Specklepaw meowed in excitement. Quickly realizing her behavior, Specklepaw scrambled to contain her composure, wanting to impress her mentor. She put on a more cool, casual tone as she addressed the newcomer. "Sparrowpaw, right? I'm a pretty new apprentice so I don't know any-cat yet." Inside, she was hoping she could make a new friend, with her past attempts failing miserably because of her obvious shyness. Well, he talked to me first, so it's not as scary as beginning the interaction with some-cat first, Specklepaw thought. She un-sheathed and sheathed her claws, itching to get a go at hunting. Sher turned her face to Waspclaw then, inquiring "Will the tour take up the whole day?"

"That better be true, little one" the feline answered sparrowpaw. She suspected it wasn't, and she usually wasn't wrong.
With a sigh of resignment because if the kit insisted she was not going to deny them a day of training, it would be a complete and utter waste of time. And that, wasted time, was one of the things she hated most.
As they started walking and her actual apprentice asked if the tour would tske the whole day, wasp claw nodded.
"Most likely, I like to be through. But we might also have time for some hunting later on."

Moonpaw trots over to Duskflower's side, giving a slight nod. "I'm here, Duskflower. And you said to start with Drizzlepaw's ticks first, correct?" He stretches himself a bit begore giving a small shake down and inspecting himself of any dirt or blood Frostpaw could've gotten onto him.

Mistpaw nods to his mentor,his tail stopping it's swishing, and he went quiet. Eagerness still showed in his but he kept his calm, he didn't want to mess up, because him messing up, even by a little bit, would mean that someone could go hungry, and he wouldn't let that happen on his watch.

Sparrowpaw | Male | 10 moons
Sparrowpaw as the younger apprentice bounced around, he felt a bit amused by her gleeful actions, and wished he could feel that happy. But his facial his expression and his eyes gave nothing away. Then he raised an eyebrow up just slightly in questioning as she suddenly stopped and tried her best to be serious. He didn't quite understand why she changed so quick, but it didn't really matter to him. "Yes, yes. Sparrowpaw is my name," he meowed, giving her a slow nod. "You're Specklepaw?" he questioned her, though he knew the answer. He noticed the kind of wishful expression she wore, as if she was hoping he'd be her friend. He did indeed feel like he could use a friend, but he was to reluctant to try. He was a seemingly jerky tom, and had a reputation for being rude. Specklepaw didn't know that though, she was a new apprentice. But she would soon enough. He only came off as rude as he was always on guard, and he didn't want others to know what he'd been through and think he was weak. Though he was sure he had gotten a few looks at where his scars lay since some-cat were suspicious about how he received them as a kit. Though he just answered that he got them from a thorn bush.

As Waspclaw spoke, Sparrowpaw was shaken out of his thoughts and he jerked his head towards her in a surprised manner. Quickly regaining himself he met her gaze and shrugged. It seemed she suspected that he hadn't gotten permission from his mentor, good thing she wasn't making him stay at camp. Nothing was more boring than that! Well that was good for him, and he wasn't about to just tell her he didn't even know where that darned mentor of his was. The thought of touring the territory was not a pleasant one to the tom, as he already had. But assessing your enemies again and again was good, and he could maybe sneak away to go hunting. Even if she said there would be time for hunting later, he supposed it would probably be fine if he only hunted one thing while they were out.

Lightningheart | Female | 24 moons
Lightningheart woke up slowly in the warriors' den with a big yawn. She drowsily looked around her, noticing she was the last to wake up. The she-cat chided herself silently, promising to wake up earlier next time. But she knew it would most likely never happen, she hardly woke up before anyone. Rising to her paws she started to stretch, swishing her tail in pleasure. Looking around the empty den she padded out, blinking in the light that greeted her.

When she reached the Elders Den, she dropped the moss with mouse bile next to the entrance and faced her apprentice. "Drizzlefoot, Moonpaw. You seem kind of stressed, is it because of your brother?" She asked. Duskflower was noticing several things off about him today, missing up herbs and names, but it could be because he was new. However didn't he used to listen to Drizzlefoot's stories often as a kit? It seemed rather strange. She wanted to help, but he didn't seem to want her too.

Lilac eyes and mist paw had gone into the forest and were soon near a clearing. It wasn't until then that the mentor would make the signal for Mistpaw to be completely quiet and still. They could smell some prey ahead where there were some bushes with berries for them to eat.
Looking through the tall grass and bush leaves the cats could see a couple of voles eating berries.
Lilac signaled his apprentice again and started moving through the leaves to surround the rodents and make sure he could pounce on them and catch them. If he accidentally made some tiny sound, the voles rose their tiny little heads and looking around suspicious. However, the cat would stay still until they were back to eating and he could continue to get into position.

"Ok, that's perfectly fine. You have to know your territory to know the good hunting spots!" Specklepaw meowed, her eyes sparkling with her contained excitement. She tilted her head towards Sparrowpaw, gaining am impish grin, showing her sharp teeth. "So what's it like being an apprentice? Are the elders as grouchy as cats say they are? They were always so nice, telling me stories as a kit." She started padding towards the exit, her tail swishing ever so slightly behind her, her ears perked and up right, showing an odd tear in her ear that some-cat that had never left the camp shouldn't have. She realized her mistake and lowered her ears considerably, remembering something. "Hey, Waspclaw, what are our clan relations like? I'm curious. When I'm at my first gathering, I don't want to try and talk to some-cat from a clan that hates us."

(Notifications stopped popping. My bad)

Moon hesitated slightly before giving a small nod of the head. "It started about two moons ago, before we were promoted..." he began. "We were with father...F-Frostpaw and I begged him to take us on an outing; To see what the rest of our territory looked liks despite our age. And he actually took us out, to see everything. It was great and all but...e-eventually, we came across something, or someone as you could say. It was a rogue, as father had called him, and when Dad warned him off, he didn't leave." His eyes dropped to the ground as he continued. "Father...he killed the cat and i'm n-not sure he realized that we saw the whole thing despite being behind him. I haven't felt the same since then...all the blood and broken bones..." he shakes his head. "I couldn't do it anymore, be a warrior. Not if it meant I had to kill as if its nothing..."

Back