Interest Check Waxworks

DawnsEarlyLight

Loosely based on the old computer game of the same name.

waxworks_01.png

waxworks_02.png

Vista Forge
October 2022

Dearest [REDACTED],

If you are reading this letter, then I regret to inform you that I have recently passed away. However, if we are to save our family, my life's work must be seen through to its end. You know this better than anyone, but now it is time you learned the full story of our family's curse, lest you become its next victim.

Many centuries ago, an evil cult terrorized the village where our common ancestor lived. Villagers were kidnapped and subjected to the most unspeakable atrocities. Famines, disease, disasters, and bloodshed all became commonplace. All this was to please the cult's foul masters, and in exchange, they proclaimed themselves kings over all the people, who were reduced to slaves and playthings for the cult to use and destroy as they saw fit.

Our mutual ancestor led the rebellion against the cult's tyranny. The cult merely laughed at his efforts at first, but their arrogance would become their downfall, for eventually the rebellion succeeded in freeing the village. Of the cult itself, only their despicable leader survived, and it was he who placed this dreadful curse upon our ancestor. From that day forth, in every generation of our family that bears twins, one of them is doomed to follow in the footsteps of the cult's evil.

The time has come to end this evil once and for all. Come at once to my waxworks. Your relative, Makaria, will be coming as well, as will a select few others within our family. When you arrive, my faithful assistant will explain what each of you must do.

Wishing you all the best,
Your uncle Boris

Back