Wayfarer's Point

He glanced at the two, who were eyeing him, and he shot them a cold stare, before his food came.
"Thank you." He told the waiter as the waiter hurried away. As he ate, he realised that they ordered the cheapest thing on the menu and raised an eyebrow slightly.He called a waiter.
"Yes sir?"
"May I have two burgers and a two cokes please, deliver it to the pair over their. Tabs on me."
"Uh, Yes sir." He replied before going to get the food.

Astoria arched an eyebrow at the man, who seemed cranky, but then ordered them some food. She looked at Kaster, her green eyes barely showing from under her cloak. Kaster blinked at his sister. It seemed like they were communicating with just their eyes. Maybe this guy had a soft side after all.
Kaster, being the friendly one, turned to face him with a small smile. "Hey, thanks, man," he said, "That was really nice of you."

Beikelan glanced at the man.
"No problem." He replied, "You looked hungry as hell anyways." He told them, "Do you want anything else? I'll pay for it."
He liked the pair. Looking at the one who has spoke to him, giving him a small smile.

"So," He began trying to make conversation, then he smiled at the girl, who was being silent throughout. He decided on something. Then reached out his hand to shake the boy's hand.

Kaster shook his head. "No, you've already done enough for us," he said. Astoria reluctantly took off her hood, her eyes observing and cautious. When the man extended his hand for a handshake, Kaster extended his, saying, "I'm Kaster, and this is my sister Astoria."

"Nice to meet you Kaster." He told him as he shook his hand.
"I'm Beikelan," He chuckled, "Strange name I know, I've been told many times.. heh." He told them. He looked at Astoria.
"Nice to meet you Astoria." He did not make any move to shake her hand, as he realised she was cautious, but decided to do it, extending his hand to Astoria's.

(I'm so sorry; I had to go :( )
Astoria glanced at Beikelan's hand, and then at Kaster. Their eyes met and Kaster gave her a look. She looked up in a miniscule eye-roll. All of this happened in a split second, so minor that almost nobody would notice it. She extended her hand in turn and shook Beikelan's hand. "Thanks. Nice to meet you as well."
Astoria didn't seem unsure about the handshake and she was confident toward Beikalan, but she felt very uneasy about all of the people here. Kaster noticed this and moved his chair so that he was blocking anyone but himself and Beikalan from seeing Astoria. Astoria shot him a greatful glance.
"So," Kaster said to Beikalan, "Where about are you from?"

Last edited:
Beikelan smiled gently as the girl shook his hand. Noticing that Kaster was stopping anybody from seeing his sister.
"So," Kaster said to him, "Where about are you from?"
"I'm from Lithra," He replied to Kaster, "Somewhere in Ridius." He glanced at Astoria,
"Where are you two from?" He asked them.

Astoria spoke up at this. "Right here in Nexus City. It's a very long and complicated story." Astoria was noticably more relaxed now. She pulled out a pen from one of the many pockets in her cloak and began twirling it around her fingers absent-mindedly. Her eyes were observant. He looked nice enough and they didn't have anything else to do. Kaster asked the man what she would have.
Kaster nodded. "Yup. And what do you do for a living?" he asked curiously.

"Yup. And what do you do for a living?" he asked curiously.

"I sell things." He told them, "Hell most of them are invaluable but I sell 'em anyway, anything to get money round here nowadays." He rested his hand on his scabbard, his movements now weary and his eyes darted around the place, but he then returned to his normal composure, though his hand was still on his scabbard.
"What about you?"

Astoria cocked her head. He had lost his composure for a second, looking uneasy. His hand was on his scabbard. Was danger coming? She put the pen away and reached down into her cloak, fingering one of her knives under the table. If her and Kaster were attacked, she'd be ready.
Kaster said, "Oh, well, we... we just do whatever gets us money. Not anything, of course. Haven't been able to have an actual job in a while. Thought we would come here today to see if there were any, though. We can live on the bare minimum." He shrugged. "That's just how it's been for a while now."

Still glancing around, he looked back at the pair. "Hm, Really? If you need any help I'll help you two, you seem like an awfully nice pair." He told them. He noticed a ripple in the air and his eyes narrowed slightly.
"Do you need me to help with anything?" He asked them.

...What was this place?
TMITM flitted from the shadows, inspecting this weird hodgepodge of a city.
A hub of activity. He could feel them. So many souls. So rich in life and energy. Whoever did this, whoever shattered the universe into so many glimmering specs, they had inadvertently given him very easy access to so many realms to conquer.

He slowly began to relax into his chair, his movements getting slower.. and slower. Until he seemed to be asleep, and with that. He was gone, with his chair, and a part of the table seemed to be missing.

Kaster and Astoria were about to tell him no, they were used to life like this, but then Beikalan simply... disappeared. They sat in their chairs in shock. The waiter came over and gave them their food, which they put in yet another pocket of Astoria's cloak.

Beikelan Struggled under This thing's grip.. He could still see Astoria and Kaster. He knew what was happening.. A cloaking sphere, no sound n would escape from it. He elbowed the thing in the stomach, damn.. It was a robot, but it made the thing let go. A punch crunched into his head, sending him stumbling as the thing began regain its senses. Beikelan could not let that happen. He turned around with his sword, jabbing it into the things eyes and it kneeled down in pain. He cut one of the wires that were leading to its neck, and the neon orange glow dimmed and it collapsed. The cloaking sphere retracted, revealing Beikelan kneeling down, with the robot dead behind him.

Astoria and Kaster looked up as Beikalan popped back into existence. Kaster said, "What just happened? Are you okay?!"

(Just so you know, I updated my Oc's, so they now show le robot things)
Beikelan groaned.
"I'm fine." He muttered, stumbling up to the ground and looking around.
"That thing always carries a drone with it, now where is it is my question?" He wondered to himself, analysing every little space.

Eventually, he stood up, seeing a small, faint trail of a neon orange light in the air.
"I'm going, you coming?" He asked the pair.

Back