Wayfarer's Point

Suddenly, the avian gasped as he began losing altitude. He tried righting himself, but that resulted in him twisting and thudding to the ground, tumbling head over heels, before his head banged into a wall. For several seconds, he lay there, stunned, rubbing the large knot that formed on his forehead, moaning.
Slowly, Alexander rolled onto his back and sat up. Glancing about, he noticed some people were staring, some in horror, others in concern. Ashamedly, he ducked his head, once again rubbing it and moaning as it throbbed. Using the wall for support, the birdman carefully stood and started forward, swaying a little, talons clicking on the smooth floor.

Last edited:
Disdain smiled at Zane, "I'm-" And of course a large bird-thing had to crash into the ground before she finished her sentence. "Lovely.." She adjusted her ring for no apparent reason, straightening up, "I'm Disdain, Nice to meet you." Then looked at the avian man. If it was an animal atleast then.. Disdain had to test this.. Monstrosity/Bird. If it cant feel the aura in the air its not an animal. She flared her power, a small pink mist lay in the air. Disdains aura flared once more, and a thick pink mist danced around them, before disappearing.

Out of the corner of his eye, Alexander noticed a bright pink fog flickering around a young man and woman. He stopped, turned, and slowly moved in its direction, blue orbs round.

Zane peaked an eyebrow as he regarded the bird-man on the floor. "Nice to meetcha, Disdain." Normally, he might be remarked on the unusual name, but he was a bit distracted. As the downed man regained his feet, Zane noticed a pink mist surrounding them.

It made Zane feel uneasy, so he hardened his own aura, pushing away the mist. He reckoned his new friend was the source, and from the look on the bird's face, so did he.

As the mist vanished, Zane relaxed his shield. Trying to ease the tension, the high-schooler addressed the clumsy flier, raising a hand in greeting as he spoke.

"Hey there! That was quite the tumble. You hit that wall pretty hard; you gonna be alright?"

When the fog disappeared, the avian picked up his pace until he stood before them. He offered the young man a sheepish smile and replied in his high voice, "My head's gonna be sore for a few days, but I'll be fine, thanks, kid."

The avian set off down the hall in a light jog. He glanced in wonder at the variety of beings who passed him by. There was a two-tailed cat with blonde hair, a snake with wings, a griffin, and many, many more. He passed by a vendor that appeared to be selling cups of fudge bites covered in chocolate sauce. He approached the stand, and a young elf smiled brightly up at him. "Hello there, how are you?"
"I'm good, thanks," the birdman said.
"Would you like some free fudge?" he held out one of the cups.
"Oh, yes, please!" Alexander said with a happy squawk.
"Excellent!" he placed a cup, napkins, and a fork on the table.
"Thanks!" the bird accepted the items and moved to a small group of round tables and sat down and began eating, humming under his breath.

Zane shook his head as he tried to make sense of the awkward encounter. "Well, all right then," the boy mused, more to himself than to anyone, as the bird ran down the hall. "I guess it takes all kinds, hm?"

He turned to regard Disdain once more. Better to not mention whatever that mist magic was, he figured. "Sorry for the interruption. What were we talking about?"

Last edited:
Disdain glanced at the boy once again, her soft pink eyes gazing at him, a small glint of annoyance dancing in the woman's eyes. She had to be in a conversation, and this.. Avian? This thing had just popped up out of the sky, and just had to so rudely interrupt her conversation. The woman, as intelligent as she was, this strange encounter had already made her memory fuzzy, and as a result of such a simple thing, She couldn't even remember what she was talking about. Disdain turned towards the boy? Man? Whatever, she didnt exactly care. Not yet anyways.

"I Dont actually know. The.. Creature? I don't know.. Had distracted me. Onto a new topic?"

Disdain asked Zane, her pink eyes shimmering in what seemed to be a mix of excitement yet boredom at the same time, were that even possible.

Zane smirked. "Sure. So, uh... I'm new in town, and I'm not even quite sure how I got here. I'm not in a hurry to go back, either." Flashbacks of battling the ninja Shiro replayed in his head, and Zane shook his head to push them away. Every high-schooler has their own problems, but few can say that there is a legitimate ninja assassin with his sights on them.

"What is there to do around here? This seems like some sort of transportation center; I'd assume it's attached to a city." The pink-eyed lady had been polite so far, but something about her seemed a bit mercurial to Zane. He didn't know how long he'd keep her attention, but he proceeded anyway. "Anything interesting to do there?"

Blindfold was walking along a street of wayfarer's point, his world filled not by the bright colors of the city, but by sounds and smells and the dizzying future.
There was the cafe - he remembered that one...
All of a sudden, Blindfold felt something... off. Something powerful, but Blindfold didn't know where, walking down the street.
Go left, The Man said.
Left? Blindfold didn't know about taking directions from the Man, and he knew he couldn't actually trust the Man to give him directions, but he could always trust the Man to lead him to something interesting.

Last edited:
Disdain's brightly coloured pastel pink eyes flashed slightly, a clear interest to keep the conversation going was clear to her, she'd humor him for now. For now. She turned her head slightly, glancing around the city she had been in for a few days now. Her lips parted as so she could speak, the echo of her tongue clicking against the roof of her mouth was loud to her, but possibly not to others.

"Hm.. There's a cafe near here, a shopping center, things you'd usually find in a mortal city."

Disdain had spoken the word 'Mortal' with a mix of bitterness and interest in her voice. She did hate them, but she couldn't deny how.. Innovative they were for their primitive methods.

It had been almost a year and a half since the incident, and a year since Blindfold had been to Wayfarer's Point. Not since...
Blindfold's knee-jerk reaction to block out all the memories, the memories of the terrifying house, of people that went to the House and never returned.
Since then, amazingly, in a moment of desperation, he had found his link to the Man, and started talking to him, out of sheer loneliness. The Man had since given him advice that had gotten him out of a few tight spots, which had complicated Blindfold's view of the Man into a tool to be used but not given into. Blindfold still wished to be independent, but the Man was useful, no doubt.

Zane must have missed the click of Disdain's tongue, but after she spoke he raised an eyebrow. "Mortal" city? Just who--or what--was this woman? He dismissed it, thinking it would be better to do so.

"Thanks! I have to admit, I'm famished, and that café is sounding pretty nice." Zane instead responded. He pulled out a folded leather wallet and examined the contents. "I don't suppose that they honor the American dollar there, do they? If not, I might try to indulge your hospitality a bit longer." His blue eyes met pink and he gave a sheepish grin as his stomach gave a loud rumble.

Disdain smiled slightly, genuine, but brief, the woman’s vibrant pink eyes pulsed slightly, the woman easily decided the pros far outweighed the cons of taking the man to a nice cafe, she’d indulge him with some of her time, for now, he seemed nice enough, so she might as well return the favour, she didn’t know what they expected, but considering she could create whatever was required with a snap of her fingers, Disdain wasn’t really worried

“Perfect! Follow me, I’ll take you to the cafe, Nothing special, but it’s comfortable, and the food’s decent.”

Her pink eyes averted from the blue as she turned slightly, the tiniest spring in her step which would be invisible unless someone was either really perceptive or was Just looking really closely.

Zane had a thought for a moment that this woman seemed almost excited. Then, it was gone, as though it was never there. He must have been mistaken.

Still, he was pleased she'd accepted his request. The young man was certainly out of his element here, but he wasn't nearly as uncomfortable with that as he might have been in other company. He fell in beside her, and perhaps a half-step behind, as she guided him.

"Oh, trust me. You'll hear no complaints from me about a meal with a lovely lady."

A small, barely visible blush lit up the womans face, she rarely got compliments, probably due to her rarely talking with people but still, the blush got slightly brighter the more she thought about it, but Disdain swallowed slightly, and the flush that lit up her cheeks washed away as if it were never there.

They came close to the cafe within around a minute, when they had arrived, Disdain would open her mouth to speak, tilting her head towards Daz, a small smile playing on the woman’s lips, refusing to go away like some sort of mosquito and she hated it.

“So..What would you like? I’ll pay of course, so don’t worry about anything.”

Was she... blushing? Surely a woman this beautiful was paid compliments regularly, so Zane was confused. And a double-take showed no traces of the rosy pallor, so he again thought he must be imagining things. Still, Zane was enjoying the outing, as comically bizarre as the circumstances were.

At just sixteen, Zane was far from experienced with the fairer sex. He knew enough to know that he was intrigued by this woman, and that she was out of his league even under the best circumstances. So, even knowing this wasn't a date, he let the fantasy play out in his head a bit.

Until she snapped him back from reverie, anyway.

"Oh, er... I'd assume they have like a soup and sandwich thing. Just a cold cut sandwich and the soup d'jour is fine with me. Probably not my place to ask, since you're picking up the tab, but what are you going to have?"

He tried to recover from the daydreaming thing with a smile, a bit nervous but genuine.

Disdain’s small smile got slightly larger at his own smile, she didn’t know Why, but she didn’t really care either, the woman shook her head slightly, ridding herself off of these thoughts as she glanced at the menu that was seated on a small pedestal at the entrance of the restraunt, she wasn’t starving, so she’d probably just have a basic meal.

“I’ll just have some Bacon, Eggs and Toast, nothing much.”

Disdain proceeded to walk over to a table, the Waiter’s would come eventually, and until they did, she’d have to make small talk, something Disdain didn’t really like doing, as the woman liked to get straight down to business, but their was no business here, not yet atleast, and for once, she really didn’t mind talking to him.

“So.. Hows your day been, Minus the.. Bird...? Avian..? That just.. Appeared earlier.”

Disdain decided to ask a basic conversation starter, she didn’t really know how to interact with people, Well, she didn’t know how to interact with people well.

"Nothing wrong with bacon and eggs," the elemental replied after Disdain told him what she'd order. He followed her to the table and sat down across from her.

"Honestly, my day has gotten a tremendous amount better since arriving here. I'm honestly still not sure whether I'm dead or not." His face darkened a bit, his smile faltering. "Just before I met you, I was back home, on Earth. I'm the last of five elementals, you see. The other four were hunted by a man by the name of Shiro."

The boy closed his eyes and took a breath before continuing. "Shiro didn't just kill my compatriots, you see. I don't know how he did it, but he crystallized their essences into gemstones. Using those stones, he was able to access their powers. He came after me for the last stone for whatever diabolical plot he's cooked up. The last thing I remember before tumbling into that way station was him using the earth elemental's powers to generate a singularity. I figure he thought I'd try to escape it, during which he could finish me off. Instead, I went toward it. Frankly, I assumed I'd die, depriving him of the gemstone. Instead, apparently wormholes are a real thing."

Then Zane stopped.

"Uh... I don't know why I'm telling you all this. Pretty heavy for a first..." He'd wanted to say "date" but changed directions at the last moment, without a concrete plan to back it up. "... meeting," he finished.

"Anyway, needless to say, meeting you was a significant improvement over what was going on back home." He blushed a bit as he said that, ashamed it had tumbled out. Shifting gears, he added, "And honestly, the birdman was more funny than anything. You'd never see anything like that back home." His smile was back in force, and the pink was fading from his cheeks.

Disdain listened to the man speak for a good minute or two, she felt slightly bad for Zane, because this.. Shiro was it? Killed her friends compatriots. And this Zane sounded strong, for a mortal anyway, perhaps she would stick around for a bit longer, just to get rid of her interest in the mans life. Nothing more nothing less.

Was she trying to convince herself or the man?

Disdain swore he was going to say the word ‘Date,’ hearing him hesitate for a split second before saying Meeting, it made the woman blush slightly, and after a few seconds it finally dissipated, hearing him talk for a small bit longer before she decided to respond,

“The Avian was rather.. Interesting, I do have to admit, I can’t imagine you’d see a humanoid bird crash landing infront of you, hats probably not normal.”

Disdain smiled slightly towards Zane, her Pastel pink eyes sparkling in a sort of childish excitement, she tried to get rid of it, and succeeded in the most part, but their was still a small twinkle in Disdain’s brilliant pink eyes.

Back