Wayfarer's Point

"No, normal is certainly not how I'd describe it," the boy said with a hearty laugh, and Disdain's smile fueled his own.

"This place is full of surprises. And, even if I knew how to get home, I'm fairly certain that the place is safer without me. I'm not sure what Shiro would do if he completed his collection, but I do know it cannot be good. So maybe I'll stick around here for a bit."

Zane leaned back a bit in his chair, visibly relaxing a bit, as though to indicate he was settling in.

"So forgive me if I am prying a bit too much, but I'd like to learn a bit more about you, if that's alright. I can already tell from that knee-jerk reaction to the bird-man that you're pretty powerful. That mist technique wasn't all that powerful on its own (and I don't think it was meant to be), but it seemed as natural to you as breathing, so it'd be pretty impressive to see what you're capable of when you are really trying. So who is the pretty pink lady?"

Disdain paused, trying to think of how to put this. The pink eyed woman had paused for an entire minute, looking like she wasn’t going to reply in any way to his question, that was, before she opened her mouth, her vibrant sparkling pink eyes having locked onto his blue ones. Disdain tilted her head at Zane, and began to talk.

“You flatter me, it was really nothing, but anyways, I didn’t have much of an eventful life, unlike you, I was born on a planet called Requiem, filled with these horrible little creatures but that’s a story for another time, And when I was Older, about Seventeen, I decided to leave, and so I did.”

Disdain most definitely missed out the part where she levelled the continental sized city to nothing more than dust bur he didn’t need to know that the woman he was speaking to is or used to be a genocidal maniac. She nodded her head at the ground slightly, before facing up towards him, having not cared that the Waiter has not arrived, due to Disdain thoroughly enjoying this particular conversation.

Her story was brief, and Zane felt he'd stumbled onto a topic that was less than comfortable for Disdain. So he decided not to press it.

At least he knew for sure now that she was older than he was. Zane wouldn't be seventeen for another couple of months, and she ran away at seventeen. Of course, it didn't tell him how old she actually was, and he never would have fathomed that she'd lived over a century.

The young man opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by the rumblings of his own stomach. "Oh, my. I'm sorry about that," he apologized. "I wonder where that waiter is."

Disdain paused for a moment, if their wasn’t a waiter coming, she could just.. Nevermind, Disdain would wait, for now atleast, she shrugged in response to his.. Question? More like talking to himself, but still. Propping her elbows up into the table, fully aware it was less than good manners, but Disdain didn’t care.

Her creamy white hands rested on her rather slightly round cheeks, her pastel pink eyes gazing all over the restraunt in search of a waiter, and when she found one, she’d wave him over, and the man would scurry over, mostly because the restraunt was empty and he was clearly playing on husband phone, Tch, pathetic excuse of a worker.

“Sorry Sir And Ma’am, What would you like today?” The waiter would ask, his face flushed red with embrassment, though he clearly tried to hide it, Disdain didn’t really care though.

“I’ll take Bacon, Eggs and Toast, My friend here will have A cold cut sandwhich and the Soup’d jour.” Disdain glanced at him, seeing if he would correct her, as the raven haired woman wasn’t completely sure if she got his order right, if she didn’t, Disdain would merely let Zane butt in and correct her, if he didn’t, Well, the waiter would be on his way.

The young elemental nodded lightly as she placed his order, then smiled at the waiter as he walked away.

"Thanks for that. Now we only have to wait and see how long they take to deliver."

He looked over toward the kitchen for a moment, then decided to change back to conversation.

"So, Requiem. I am in no hurry to get home, but I wouldn't mind seeing yours. Any chance we could make our way there soon?"

Disdain frowned, even if ever so slightly at his question, before it turned into a rather bright smile, as bright as she could get it anyway. The vibrant purple eyed girl parted her lips as so she could speak.

"..Well, probably not, Depending on how, this, goes, maybe."

The mild reality bending entity could simply make physical objects, or recreate a portion of the planet with her limited memory.

"Anyway, back to what you said earlier, Your an elemental? Whats your abilities?"

She may have been quick to change the subject, but Disdain had hoped he wouldn't push it any further.

Zane felt the change of subject and found it a bit jarring. Sure that it showed on his face, the young man quickly replaced his smile and answered the lady's question.

"Well, lightning spirit latched onto my soul while I was a baby. It slowly merged into me as I grew, and so now my soul is basically pure electricity." Zane scratched the back of his head gently with his left hand, his watch jingling slightly as he did so. "As a result, my martial arts packs a real wallop."

The boy wasn't willing to show all of his tricks just yet, but he extended his right hand out over the table, palm up and fingers curled into sort of a bear claw shape. A bit of brief concentration (some just for show), then bright sparks began to pulsate from his fingertips back down into his palm. After letting the display go on for a bit, strobing faintly in his hand, he stopped.

"That's not all I can do, of course. But there's too much to talk about right now."

Back